Executor is a beast? [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    Borat wrote: »
    Mirkraag wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Heretosay wrote: »
    Have we gotten confirmation this is working as intended from the community manager yet?

No, and from my understanding they may be looking at things, but waiting on an official statement to that effect. (But I make no promises or anything of any sort of official thing of this statement)

I'm baffled they have beta testers I watch streamers accidentally reveal things all the time. This shouldn't be missed. I'm sorry if there is an unintended interaction with 2 really odd ships that's understandable, but this is the current meta.

You are jumping to conclusions, but that can be natural without actual knowledge of the situation.

Maybe we can just leave the speculation about the beta group out of this and provide some constructive feedback about the ship and the issues you have/see.

Sorry but he is right.

Dev actually teased ("sell") the ship as the next meta literally.
    This ship has been beta tested. Two options : one is that they missed the point that the ship has a terrible AI in defense (so equivalent to not be beta tested at all). Option 2 CG was lying about the fact that it will be the next meta.

2 options, which one is the good one that I dont know.

My 7* has sat in #2 for 4 hours now and has caused many of my shard mates fits (i sat in 2 as to not block them but wanted them to test as I am the first to have it) so not sure if it is my modding and extra relics or they don't have strong fleets but either way, this ships should not be beaten by Raddus or FO that easily. Next we will see someone do it with Mace. Watch.

So it's holding well then and your shard mates cannot beat it?
  • Options
    Hope they will not nerf other ships because of this. If they didnt see this through, then what kind of testing are they doing at all. Or have they a new plan to nerf all the older characters when the new ones come out.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Have we gotten confirmation this is working as intended from the community manager yet?

No, and from my understanding they may be looking at things, but waiting on an official statement to that effect. (But I make no promises or anything of any sort of official thing of this statement)

I'm baffled they have beta testers I watch streamers accidentally reveal things all the time. This shouldn't be missed. I'm sorry if there is an unintended interaction with 2 really odd ships that's understandable, but this is the current meta.

You are jumping to conclusions, but that can be natural without actual knowledge of the situation.

Maybe we can just leave the speculation about the beta group out of this and provide some constructive feedback about the ship and the issues you have/see.

It shouldn't be speculation that the NEW OP ship was tested on against the current meta...

The speculation is placing blame, without any knowledge of the system that goes on in the background. It is also no constructive to the conversation on any level.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Sorry but he is right.

This ship has been beta tested. Two options : one is that they missed the point that the ship has a terrible AI in defense (so equivalent to not be beta tested at all). Option 2 CG was lying about the fact that it will be the next meta.

Again, you can assume what you want, but no there are many many more options than that for what could have happened.

Assigning blame based on no knowledge of what happened doesnt help and is no way constructive. Please keep it constructive and provide feedback about the ship.
  • Rhydia
    104 posts Member
    Options
    My shardmates handled it easily with every fleet out there. If it’s holding elsewhere maybe those people just don’t have as good of ships or aren’t as good with them.
  • Rhydia
    104 posts Member
    Options
    Rhydia wrote: »
    My shardmates handled it easily with every fleet out there. If it’s holding elsewhere maybe those people just don’t have as good of ships or aren’t as good with them.

7* Exec? I know that plays a role on easy of defeat. If yes, then you may be correct that they don't know how to use them or they are not strong fleets. Too early to really tell. I do start HT, RC and IG front 3.

Everything I have is maxed. Even my IG88 is R8.
  • Options
    Meh! What is this snake oil you have sold me. 7* Executor, with a crew member with no mods to slow it down - was this really what we were promised. It’s embarrassing CG and needs to be fixed, this is far from dominating.
  • Options
    fraser119 wrote: »
    Meh! What is this snake oil you have sold me. 7* Executor, with a crew member with no mods to slow it down - was this really what we were promised. It’s embarrassing CG and needs to be fixed, this is far from dominating.

i love it the way it is :D
  • Options
    i Genuinely feel like CG have scammed me out of money on this. The way they went about advertising this fleet is just wrong.. non of it is true. Its so easily beaten its unreal.
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »

Sorry but he is right.

My 7* has sat in #2 for 4 hours now and has caused many of my shard mates fits (i sat in 2 as to not block them but wanted them to test as I am the first to have it) so not sure if it is my modding and extra relics or they don't have strong fleets but either way, this ships should not be beaten by Raddus or FO that easily. Next we will see someone do it with Mace. Watch.

So it's holding well then and your shard mates cannot beat it?

so far but now I am in 1 as my PO is coming up. I will see what happens for the next few hours until the next PO in my shard. But again, it might be because of my R7 IG, Cad, Bando, and Bossk, R8 Boba and Piet. They all have 6E mods or better and all zetas. Fleet GP of 593000

Do you use ig or cad as 3rd starter ?

Edit: nevermind, you wrote it already: ht, RC, ig
  • Options
    Beeblebrox wrote: »
    Multiple teams are beating this on defense already. Cubs just put out a video on it. Rebels, Hux, GG all beat it fairly easily. @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI …. I thought this ship was supposed to be the best? I remember you or Crumb even saying something like good luck when a player asked about beating it with one of the current Capital Fleets. People have invested a lot of money into this to unlock it to 7* day one and already are getting owned on defense by F2P ships. You all built this up as a must have what gives my friend?

Either it's not working as intended or it's the ultimate proof that CG don't have anyone at all capable of going through even the most basic set of tests to see if what they're releasing matches up to what they 'say' they're releasing!mslpckigt7g3.png

What he really meant was good luck to the Executor.

This fleet is bantha poo
  • Draconfier
    16 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Posted from my shard chat...this guys executor and crew is no slouch, and REBELs pwned it.
    After seeing this I stopped at 6* as it wasn't worth the other 10k in crystals.
    ba33sjkdxp84.jpg
    1k4dnocc0ecn.jpg
    o2e2j4ns5mgr.jpg
    ae8m3z6tlyvq.jpg
    iree4ai9lj8k.jpg
    hqbgoy3lyr1n.jpg
  • Options
    Anyone have a video of the endurance beating it?

Only fleet I haven’t seen win yet.
  • Options
    Draconfier wrote: »
    Posted from my shard chat...this guys executor and crew is no slouch, and REBELs pwned it.

Rebels are top tier in space. Reverse the battle and put the Executor on offense and they will also obliterate that Rebel team. If you want an I win button go into your back yard and play by yourself. If you want to compete.. keep playing multiplayer games and do not expect the one tool perfect for everything.

• SerylT2
    146 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options

@fraser119 Why? Is there a fleet you cannot beat in the game with it?

• Options
    SerylT2 wrote: »

Rebels are top tier in space. Reverse the battle and put the Executor on offense and they will also obliterate that Rebel team. If you want an I win button go into your back yard and play by yourself. If you want to compete.. keep playing multiplayer games and do not expect the one tool perfect for everything.

No but CG billed it as "good luck" beating in the cubsfanhan video with Miller, without having a mirror Executor.
  • Options
    After seeing this I stopped at 6* as it wasn't worth the other 10k in crystals.
    ba33sjkdxp84.jpg
    1k4dnocc0ecn.jpg
    o2e2j4ns5mgr.jpg
    ae8m3z6tlyvq.jpg
    iree4ai9lj8k.jpg
    hqbgoy3lyr1n.jpg

But hey, Mace fleets don't stand a chance against it!
  • Options

There are videos of every fleet in the game minus Endurance beating this fleet.

There is a huge difference between an “I win” button and not holding on defense against anything.
  • Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options

No just no. The amount of gear required are far from the same. It is like jawas beating JMK. It is a total non sense. I dont care if it were the same "value" like nego and malvo beating each other (it is nice). But you cant ask that amount of prerequisite for such a baby fleet. It is disgusting.

We need a refund @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI. It is scandalous
  • Options
    While you're buffing the Executor to the levels it was prophesied to be at by your own staff, could you bump up Slave 1 too? You added extras to his abilities, but even at R8 Slave 1 is the Bariss of fleets. Has some value, but hits like a wet noodle, even with the seismic charge.

The most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy will attack you for 7000 damage if you're not careful!
  • Options
    No just no. The amount of gear required are far from the same. It is like jawas beating JMK. It is a total non sense. I dont care if it were the same "value" like nego and malvo beating each other (it is nice). But you cant ask that amount of prerequisite for such a baby fleet. It is disgusting.

We need a refund @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI. It is scandalous

@Mirkraag Jawa's beating JMK? Really? For one in the example posted in this chat.. Han's Millennium Falcon is present. That is the meta rebel fleet right there. I've seen Malevolence win too, but again.. Grevious ship is an unlock that takes a great deal of time and effort. I've seen Hux's ship win.. but that one appeared to be really lucky if I am being honest.. I do not think that one can be relied upon. I have not seen a Negotiator win yet, but again.. that is in a tier with Grevious.

I suppose.. Mace Windu beating that Capital ship would be the equivelant of Jawa's beating JMK.. do you have video of that for me?

• Options

@fraser119 Why? Is there a fleet you cannot beat in the game with it?

Yes, mirror matches against 4 & 5* fleets - I should not need to remove mods to slow my ship down.

• MasterSeedy
    5076 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    I said it when Executor was first announced...

If you force such a high price on a ship where nothing has ever cost anything remotely similar before, then you end up with 2 possible outcomes
    1) The ship is a GL of ships in a context where there is no other GL and easily destroys everything thrown against it, on offense and defense, which is terrible for gameplay and for fun.
    or
    2) The ship is a good ship, no better (or only incrementally better) than other good ships, and is clearly not worth the investment.

When you force your customers to race their Tesla sedans against an Aston Martin Vanquish, no one is happy and your business does not prosper.

When you put an Aston Martin price tag on a Tesla sedan, no one is happy and your business does not prosper.

This was never going to end well, and the only reasonable thing to do was implement jk Luke type pricing to get folks used to the idea of relic pricing for ships while you slowly ramp up the power levels.

This was an entirely foreseeable failure, CG. I do hope you have learned your lesson this time.
  • Options
    I feel like there’s more bounty hunter ships coming…. They’re going to sell us the solution…
  • Options
    I said it when Executor was first announced...

If you force such a high price on a ship where nothing has ever cost anything remotely similar before, then you end up with 2 possible outcomes
    1) The ship is a GL of ships in a context where there is no other GL and easily destroys everything thrown against it, on offense and defense, which is terrible for gameplay and for fun.
    or
    2) The ship is a good ship, no better (or only incrementally better) than other good ships, and is clearly not worth the investment.

When you force your customers to race their Tesla sedans against an Aston Martin Vanquish, no one is happy and your business does not prosper.

When you put an Aston Martin price tag on a Tesla sedan, no one is happy and your business does not prosper.

This was never going to end well, and the only reasonable thing to do was implement jk Luke type pricing to get folks used to the idea of relic pricing for ships while you slowly ramp up the power levels.

This was an entirely foreseeable failure, CG. I do hope you have learned your lesson this time.

This post is the gospel here. My happiness at this ships failing to live up to the hype is mainly due to my despise of its balance wrecking prophesy. The ship comes off as balanced to me and that is a good thing in my mind.

I do sympathize with those who feel misled about being given an "I win" button for a heavy investment. But "I win" buttons are utter game killers. This game was suffering for awhile until they opened the meta back up post Revan.

I'll say it again. You want an "I Win" button.. go play by yourself, and you'll win every time. You want to play with thousands of other people you are going to have to accept you won't come in first place every single time.