Executor is a beast? [MERGE]

Prev13456723
LordDirt
5029 posts Member
edited August 2021
Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• SkiTrooper
    3 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    https://youtu.be/xLkGD4Us9Zw
    $200 invested in what was billed by developers as top of meta and nearly unbeatable at 7* and it is losing to leftovers. Refund or rework
  • Options
    🤣

“It’s like a thousand voices suddenly screamed out…”
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    So far I've heard of
    - Male
    - Nego
    - Rebels
    - Finalizer
    beating various Executor fleets (different stars and lineups).

Gonna have to see if there's a super secret OP lineup that CG tested and wished us all "good luck" for but I don't see anything else than HT, RC and either XB, IG or S1 to be ideal.
    And if the HT, RC, XB/IG/S1 lineup is alrdy the supposed best lineup and it getting beaten so easily by above fleets is WAI then that's a 10/10 joke and many ppl just wasted resources worth a 1/2 GL, bloated their roster and can very possibly enjoy facing opponents with a GL more now.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Scimitar is an interesting choice for that lineup. Are we sure there is not a better lineup that could work?
  • Options
    SkiTrooper wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/xLkGD4Us9Zw
    $200 invested in what was billed by developers as top of meta and nearly unbeatable at 7* and it is losing to leftovers. Refund or rework

The ship has been out in the wild for just a few hours - I think it's too early to draw conclusions. If it's not performing as intended CG will either buff it, nerf other ships or release another ship that makes it super OP.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Scimitar is an interesting choice for that lineup. Are we sure there is not a better lineup that could work?

Certainly less than ideal. This is just the worst fleet I've seen beating it. There are videos of home1 and malevolence beating more optimal lineups
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    SkiTrooper wrote: »

Certainly less than ideal. This is just the worst fleet I've seen beating it. There are videos of home1 and malevolence beating more optimal lineups

Yeah, I have seen. It's a little early, and this being a bad example, just makes it a little bold to call for a rework already.
  • WD_40
    113 posts Member
    Options
    It's entirely possible that it's an offensive powerhouse and easily beatable on defense. Like SEE, the FO fleet, Imperial Troopers, etc.

If that's the case I'd be ecstatic and give CG a hesitant thumbs up. People were super worried about never being able to beat it, so if they can beat it with various different fleets, that could be a good thing. A lot of people hate fleets, so if there is a way to easily win on offense, but that same way doesn't just crush people on defense, I'd call it a win-win. But, it is still early, we'll have to wait and see.
  • TVF
    36629 posts Member
    Options
    WD_40 wrote: »
    It's entirely possible that it's an offensive powerhouse and easily beatable on defense. Like SEE, the FO fleet, Imperial Troopers, etc.

If that's the case I'd be ecstatic and give CG a hesitant thumbs up. People were super worried about never being able to beat it, so if they can beat it with various different fleets, that could be a good thing. A lot of people hate fleets, so if there is a way to easily win on offense, but that same way doesn't just crush people on defense, I'd call it a win-win. But, it is still early, we'll have to wait and see.

Hard disagree, at this cost I want something that is only reliably beat in a mirror. I already can beat everything with Mal.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

Translation: Who that can afford to whale Executor to 7* is dumb enough to put Scimitar as a reinforce? Executor has ZERO Sith synergy.

• WD_40
    113 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    WD_40 wrote: »

Hard disagree, at this cost I want something that is only reliably beat in a mirror. I already can beat everything with Mal.

I can understand that, but a whole lot of people were talking about how this would break ships, and the mirror meta was a genuine concern. If you give people a way to basically beat any fleet on offense, it eases the minds of those who absolutely loathe fleets. I know the easier solution is to just invest in and get better at fleets, but that's been the solution since fleets came out and the complaint (valid or not) hasn't gone away. Perhaps it's a way to get people more interested in the fleets game mode, if you give them an easier offensive win at a high price, but then don't just kill the people who can't/don't get executor off the bat when it's on defense.
  • Options
    That Finalizer lineup can beat several other fleets, including Negotiator and Malevolence. Not sure it quite qualifies as garbage, but I also think that a better Executor lineup would crush it.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    Executor is basically a GL (or demi GL) fleet with it's steep requirements and should therefor be an absolute beast.

IMO it should be like:

Executor should NOT be beaten by ANY Malevolence (which usually consists of 2 non-pilot ships and g12-13 SF and Spy, maybe HT as emergency RI) - basically a low-investment fleet.

Executor should NOT be beaten by all the other lower tier fleets (Rebels, Finalizer, Empire, Raddus, Mace).

Executor CAN be beaten by Negotiator if it's a pretty much maxed out Nego AND the win rate with the ideal lineup and gameplay is like 50% at best (preferably around 25-33%).

Executor at 7 stars CAN be beaten by Executor at lower stars if the win rate is like ~75% at best.

Currently it's defensive peformance does not pay tribute to our investment.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Teams that are beasts on offense but poor in defense makes the most “fun” gameplay in my opinion. Now I don’t feel so bad about the delayed conquest costing me a day 1 unlock of the executor.
  • Options
    Pointing out Scimitar's lack of synergy with Executor while ignoring that the FO fleet that beat it used GR and Empire reinforcements... lol.
  • WD_40
    113 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Teams that are beasts on offense but poor in defense makes the most “fun” gameplay in my opinion. Now I don’t feel so bad about the delayed conquest costing me a day 1 unlock of the executor.

Agreed! Some of the most satisfying things in the game (IMO) are Imperial Troopers, or SEE, who both are absolutely terrible on defense. CG Miller said that the fleet couldn't just be used to Auto things in his interview with CubsfanHan, that you had to have some knowledge on its kit and make a choice for the "contract" or the Ultimate. The AI in this game is notorious for being bad in general, why should this be different?
  • Themy
    96 posts Member
    Options
    How is Nego going first when it is 1 speed slower than Exec at full power? :5head:
  • Options
    Well, it could be better to balance new "meta" fleet as JKR time ago: very hard to impossible to beat at start - then give (for example) GR new ship (=BSF back days) that makes it easier (not 100%). I'm not sure this VERY beatable new flagship is a good return on investments given all the hype from devs, that's kinda a shame on them.
  • LordDirt
    5029 posts Member
    Options
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt
    5029 posts Member
    Options
  • LordDirt
    5029 posts Member
    Options
  • WD_40
    113 posts Member
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »

As discussed in another thread, it's possible that Executor is great on Offense, and severely lacking on defense. Personally, I think that'd be a great outcome, give people an easy win on offense with it, but still be beatable for those that don't have it yet.
  • LordDirt
    5029 posts Member
    Options
    It should not be easily beatable for all you need to unlock it.
  • Themy
    96 posts Member
    Options
    Executor uses basic on first move, super smart AI... :turkishlaugh:
  • Options
    Multiple teams are beating this on defense already. Cubs just put out a video on it. Rebels, Hux, GG all beat it fairly easily. @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI …. I thought this ship was supposed to be the best? I remember you or Crumb even saying something like good luck when a player asked about beating it with one of the current Capital Fleets. People have invested a lot of money into this to unlock it to 7* day one and already are getting owned on defense by F2P ships. You all built this up as a must have what gives my friend?