Content Update: 08/26/2021 Feedback [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    dalosto147 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb_MINI @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI any update on the Geo TB bug that locked people from completing the CM without Executor? Know plenty of people that lost stars cause of this

I hope you are waiting seated.

And are fairly young.
  • Options
    It seems that sales did not meet expectations on the $30 R8 bundle packs. Since numerous R8 toons are required for all the most recent GLs and Executor they saw a good revenue source. The way to maximize that is the force a number of players to buy the pack by making it near impossible for them to get R8 materials in any way other than via the pack. Too many people were earning materials in Conquest, so make it so they can't do that. And if you were in a guild that was barely succeeding in CPit, then nerfing toons makes it so you might not be able to succeed there anymore. Win win.
  • Options
    Olderaan wrote: »
    Let's summarize what is really happened here.
    We the people figured out how to beat GL teams with non-GL characters.
    We the people also figured out how to manage Conquest to the end without spending any crystal.
    Both of these are against the interest of money-making.
    Therefore CG nerfed the key non-GL toons (during active GAC!).
    Then they've made Conquest harder and more energy dependent.
    And finaly they communicated with an extremely lame excuse that these changes were made in our best interest to enhance the experience.
    Ha.Ha.Ha.

Honestly, I don't have a major issue with any of that. It's that those toons (some of whom are the icons of the franchise - Vader especially) have been nerfed to the point where they now struggle against non-GL teams too. As an example, try running R7 Vader + R7 Wat against mid-range relic Geos on 3v3 GAC now. From early returns in my guild, it's about 50% now (it was virtually 100% pre-nerf).

Honestly, this is very disheartening. I stepped back from the forums and the game about a month ago. Things have gotten worse for the game in that time, not better. Very poor decision making at the top as if late.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I just scraped by with Vader, Thrawn, Wat against Geos. But it was hairy.

My JKLS, Hyoda, Old Ben getting wiped by Padme (still had to try it with the nerf, even as problematic as the extra attacks were before) then crushed me a little more.

It's a different dynamic in many ways.
  • Options
    Where is the compensation for all of these changes??

I have built up many teams around how this game already worked. Sunk masses of resources into team compositions that have been made worse and sometimes now unusable.

Hours and hours of game time and money spent is now has its value changed on me.

Some compensation to every player is definitely due.
  • Ultra
    11530 posts Moderator
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Tried vader and got toasted

I'm going to either retire using Vader in GAC or put him in some random defense
    Post edited by Ultra on
  • Options
    Yep my Vader team got trounced hard in GAC where usually I would have soloed or taken 1 extra. Cost me the match.
  • Ultra
    11530 posts Moderator
    Options
    I think the real issue here is that OG Vader was probably kicking the crap out of Lord Vader..... Can't let that happen...

I don't disagree with them

Vader was able to take out 4 GLs, and several squads just by taking a turn

For a toon that is super easy to get, he was extremely OP and invalidated hard work players took to unlock meta toons
  • Ultra
    11530 posts Moderator
    edited August 2021
    Options
    I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt of the changes they were making, but they definitely over corrected.
    Yeah, I think Vader was too strong but going from S-Tier to C-Tier is too much
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt of the changes they were making, but they definitely over corrected.

You forget why they made him that strong in the first place. Remember how angry the community was before that rework in 2020? Mass of players refusing to spend. Then they release that rework as a clear attempt to rebuild the bridge between us and C.G. It worked too, C.G. had not had that much positive coverage in a long time and it continued when they accelerated the drops of most of the character shards, and finally released a new game mode in Conquest.

Now a year later I guess it seems they don't need that goodwill anymore. The last few months they have done nothing but reverse everything they accomplished in 2020. Nerfed Vader into the ground, Pushing out Relic 8 requirements left and right, turning Conquest into an extreme grind. Not good man, not good. But its all good right.. because Crumb is going to play Grand Arena with a few of his buddies for 20 minutes.. and I guess that makes up for all of it.

• Ultra
    11530 posts Moderator
    Options
    SerylT2 wrote: »

You forget why they made him that strong in the first place. Remember how angry the community was before that rework in 2020? Mass of players refusing to spend. Then they release that rework as a clear attempt to rebuild the bridge between us and C.G. It worked too, C.G. had not had that much positive coverage in a long time and it continued when they accelerated the drops of most of the character shards, and finally released a new game mode in Conquest.
    Nah, There was no such outcry or community sentiment

At least nothing moreso than we usually see

CG doesn't do reworks overnight based on community reaction, MM was part of the JKL event, and they decided to let the players have that same ability

An ex-employee, on Reddit, confirmed that the rework was in the work for like ~4 months before it dropped in the game
  • Options

Or put it with LV.
  • Options
    Very disheartening nerfs... Had just unlocked Wat and was using him with Vader, and *poof* viability gone, Vaders culling Blade just scratching other toons now.
    I get that other games make adjustments all the time, but this is ludicrous. They nerfed the characters into the ground and gave lackluster compensation in other skills, with wat not even that.
    I want my useful Vader back, not this Joke.
  • Options
    Starslayer wrote: »

Or put it with LV.

As you well know that is quite out of reach for the vast majority of the community.

Although it’s a completely inaccurate number, I’d still wager it’s around 90%+ of the game base.
  • Options

You can go ahead and try and claim that but you know its a lie. All the streamers were ripping CG a new one through out early 2020.. especially once you all removed test accounts and shut down one of Ahnalds accounts. I know a host of players who left around that time and returned during the summer and fall. Try and pretty up the past all you want but its all documented there on Youtube for the world to see.

• Options

You can go ahead and try and claim that but you know its a lie. All the streamers were ripping CG a new one through out early 2020.. especially once you all removed test accounts and shut down one of Ahnalds accounts. I know a host of players who left around that time and returned during the summer and fall. Try and pretty up the past all you want but its all documented there on Youtube for the world to see.
    I have no recollection of this.
  • Options
    Crayons wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »

Or put it with LV.

As you well know that is quite out of reach for the vast majority of the community.

Although it’s a completely inaccurate number, I’d still wager it’s around 90%+ of the game base.

Very true, but i guess Ultra will be part of the 10%- ;)
    And to be clear, this was complete conjecture and i have no idea if Old Vader will be a good fit with Young Vador, obviously. But it’s also very early to tell if he’s meh at best or if we just didn’t adapt yet.
  • Options
    Fair 😂
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I think the real issue here is that OG Vader was probably kicking the crap out of Lord Vader..... Can't let that happen...

He w as already used in GLs counter teams, so if this was the case, it still wasnt the only reason. They already stated many of these changes were to establish a more clear divide between GLs and non GL teams.
  • Options

I don't disagree with them

Vader was able to take out 4 GLs, and several squads just by taking a turn

For a toon that is super easy to get, he was extremely OP and invalidated hard work players took to unlock meta toons

The last sentence is the reason this big nerf hammer is a major concern. By that reasoning, how long until Bad Batch is nerfed or CAT or Imp Troopers? There was a time when Vader was difficult to get (only through achievements and special events) - but then CG made him easier to obtain and then consequently nerfed him (and went way too far with the nerf, according to most).

I have no issue with him being nerfed to not be able to take down multiple GLs (but again, my BB, CAT and Imps are looking on with worry) - but at R7 he can't even take out R3-R5 Geos in 3v3 GAC. CG obviously tested the nerf against GLs and were happy with his power level. But they didn't test him enough (and likely the others involved in the mass nerf) and now multiple characters that people have built up over months and months have been relegated to, as you put it above, "retiring them from GAC or putting them in some random defense team".

CG can say it's about the GLs and long term game health, but there are now multiple people in my shard arena chat and fleet chat that are, shall we say, "sharing their account with a friend" and stepping away - 2 just this morning. Many citing the mass nerf - some just saying vaguely that this game simply isn't "for them anymore".

There comes a point where playing a game isn't enjoyable if the rules of the game are being changed too often. CG, in many people's opinion, is changing the rules too much with this nerf - and the precedent it sets.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Salacious_B_Crumb
    144 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Thanks, my phase 4 special mission team in Seperatists Might is completely hosed now. My spy can no long hit hard enough for me to take out anyone in the last wave. You've got to buff the weapons mod somehow or drastically reduce enemy defense in this mission. This used to be relatively smooth, still there were some hick-ups and close calls, and it never seemed impossible until now. There simply aren't enough good Seperatists left aft the Dooku Combat mission for me to use anything but my Geonosians. You own my guild some get 2!
  • TVF
    36630 posts Member
    Options

I heard that CG earned zero dollars in 2020 because Mace is still Mace.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

It was a massive controversy because cg made up stuff about having control of thier channels to also you probaly were not there at the time
  • TVF
    36630 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options

It was a massive controversy because cg made up stuff about having control of thier channels to also you probaly were not there at the time

He was, and what does that have to do with Vader

EDIT Unless he's saying Vader was an attempt at a makegood I guess
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH