[MEGA] Conquest 7

Replies

• Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Mattysvk wrote: »
    So new Conquest is here in 5 days, great. I was really hoping for some break from this forced grind. :D

i am curious, if they really listened to our feedback, because changes are more then necessary.

Highly unlikely they care about our feedback. However, even if they did, no time to make any meaningful changes before conquest 10.

Yeah, that´s why i was hoping for some break, because people are leaving the game and paying others to play Conquest for them. Which is absurd, but i can understand why.
  • Options
    So new Conquest is here in 5 days, great. I was really hoping for some break from this forced grind. :D

i am curious, if they really listened to our feedback, because changes are more then necessary.

Highly unlikely they care about our feedback. However, even if they did, no time to make any meaningful changes before conquest 10.

Yeah, that´s why i was hoping for some break, because people are leaving the game and paying others to play Conquest for them. Which is absurd, but i can understand why.

Well, we knew there would be no break. They told us they wanted to have all 3 Conquests done at the original time. Only way to do that is 1 week off between (this time not a week because of the cancelled Conquest). So 8 starts 9/20 and 9 will (probably) start on 10/11.
  • Options
    Yeah they might make some minor tweaks but this is probably the format until 10 so everyone remember that and please dont get upset cuz it didnt change just hug a panda find your inner zen or some crap like that idk I'm not hippy lol.
  • Options

Well, we knew there would be no break. They told us they wanted to have all 3 Conquests done at the original time. Only way to do that is 1 week off between (this time not a week because of the cancelled Conquest). So 8 starts 9/20 and 9 will (probably) start on 10/11.

Normally i would be glad, just not in this state, where even my strong guildmates aren´t motivated to play it and ended being rewared with Crate 3. But you´re right.
  • UrbanNomad
    33 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Can a mod move my feedback post back to being in feedback? I’d really like for it to be a stand alone post.
  • Options
    I just want to give a hopefully constructive feedback.

I have a 7.5 m GP Account with 5 GLs. I managed to get the maximum reward. But it was close. One team less (like Geonosians or Smugglers) and I wouldn't make it.

What should I say, it was totally unfun. More like washing dishes or brining out garbage. A have to... Nothing funny or challenging... Just grind!!!

Firstly rushing to sector 3 to spread the stamina use among 5-6 teams. Then slowly progress to Kenobi while doing tons of repeating unfun stuff.

I don't mind that there is now a "crystal price" in conquest, you have to earn your money. But the way you did it is just lame and uninspired.

I hope you hear the community and do something about the issues and make conquest a experience that everyone wants to participate and not has to (because of the new shiny). I play this game for 5 years now and this is the worst I have seen so far.

JF
  • Options
    Dayomeat wrote: »
    I cleared enough crates to get 70 CAT shards but only received the 20 shards in the highest crate I opened. What a scam

You don't get all crates along the way. Each create replaced the last.
  • Options
    I cleared enough crates to get 70 CAT shards but only received the 20 shards in the highest crate I opened. What a scam

But, if they changed it so you got all crates along the way, that would actually feel like the right amount of reward for the effort required.

Of course they would need to reduce the toon shards per crate to make it still take 3 conquests, but the gear drops from every crate added up seem like the amount you should actually get for 2 weeks of grind.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options

But, if they changed it so you got all crates along the way, that would actually feel like the right amount of reward for the effort required.

Of course they would need to reduce the toon shards per crate to make it still take 3 conquests, but the gear drops from every crate added up seem like the amount you should actually get for 2 weeks of grind.

Did you just quote yourself?
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Options
    I just want to give a hopefully constructive feedback.

I have a 7.5 m GP Account with 5 GLs. I managed to get the maximum reward. But it was close. One team less (like Geonosians or Smugglers) and I wouldn't make it.

What should I say, it was totally unfun. More like washing dishes or brining out garbage. A have to... Nothing funny or challenging... Just grind!!!

Firstly rushing to sector 3 to spread the stamina use among 5-6 teams. Then slowly progress to Kenobi while doing tons of repeating unfun stuff.

I don't mind that there is now a "crystal price" in conquest, you have to earn your money. But the way you did it is just lame and uninspired.

I hope you hear the community and do something about the issues and make conquest a experience that everyone wants to participate and not has to (because of the new shiny). I play this game for 5 years now and this is the worst I have seen so far.

JF

I’d rather do a whole sink full dishes lol
  • Options
    Xcien wrote: »

Did you just quote yourself?

If I had edited the post it would have disappeared, and if someone had posted between it would have been hard to follow.
  • Options
    I usually don‘t log in to the forums to complain, but this one… not gonna lie, it was awful. I used to love conquest, getting to red still required me to spend some crystals, but I had no problem with it because at least I got some enjoyment out of it.

This one, I got disheartened when I saw all the team-specific feats for only single sectors and lost all interest halfway through. I was really looking forward to Maul, but decided I could do with another few months of waiting after all. I didn‘t do more than the bare minimum.

So, with all the constructive criticism, I‘d like to leave some of my own, though not nearly as elaborate as some others and nothing new, just thought to reinforce the sentiment:

- My main gripe is the energy consumption of 20 Energy per battle. You get less battles aka actual gameplay out of the energy you have and it feels even more punishing when you loose a battle or accidentally kill stuff too fast for a feat.

- Feats. There are… just too many, it‘s exhausting. Even that would be managable if there weren‘t so many faction-specific ones. And even those would have been okay under general feats and not only single sectors. But in combination, all those things made feats nothing more than a chore.

- Discs. Though not specific to this conquest, the randomness feels terrible. In addition, removing the synergy from purple discs I didn‘t enjoy either… I liked that feeling when the last piece of the puzzle clicked and your teams became noticeably more powerful. Although I will say I liked the powerlevel of the assist data disks, even if they seem to go contrary to the whole idea of using a wide roster. Changing Disks for teams is nothing I will do as long as battles are this expensive.

I could go on, but those are my main 3 points and others have said it better. In conclusion: This was the first Conquest I completely lost interest in while still ongoing and having a cool toon as a reward. I was actually really relieved when it ended a few hours ago.
  • Options
    I was 19 keycards away from max normal crate. I know most people have unlocked it already, just wanted to share my accomplishment.
  • Options
    Hey they just fixed some things yay lol
  • Options
    Peace out CG, your conquest is now ****.
  • Options
    Natgmn wrote: »
    Hey they just fixed some things yay lol

That would appear to imply that everything else will stay the same.
  • Options

I like this and agree with this.
  • Options
    So, with all the published bugs in feats that are getting fixed, what compensation are the players getting for playing this bug ridden event and having progress limited by bugs?

Who am I kidding. We'll get nothing.
  • Options
    EgoSlayer wrote: »
    So, with all the published bugs in feats that are getting fixed, what compensation are the players getting for playing this bug ridden event and having progress limited by bugs?

Who am I kidding. We'll get nothing.

thank us for our understanding.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Natgmn wrote: »
    Get rid of stamina or make it regen faster. It's already impossible to do without refreshes and spending crystals why have a second energy.

To push development of a roster. It is one of the base pieces they are very unlikely to get rid of.

Let's be honest - it's to push GLs, because once you're past sector 4, the speeds of the teams you face now are almost impossible without one.
    I have 3 GLs. I can clear the board, no problem. I could get max crate if I wanted to but I wont because I refuse to accept that level of forced grind. It's just ridiculous. I got second best crate and stopped. Not one keycard more, not one battle more. Screw Galactic Grindquest.

^ THIS

Now, that said...welcome to the land of "Toxic Fans". This is what we are if we don't gush about how much we love the game. Ears slam shut, threads are locked and/buried, and life in EALand goes on as usual, superfluous to our comments. "It's a beautiful day in denial land, a beautiful day in denial land.. let's make some coin, let's make some coin, let's all count our profits..!"
  • Options
    UrbanNomad wrote: »
    The One Where Everything Was Cranked Up To 11

Opening Thoughts:

I’m actually writing this bit on 8/27 – so I’ve got three-ish days until the event begins. I’m a little annoyed at the faction specific consumables… but I suppose I can survive. I’m going to hold on my expectations for data discs until I actually use them – though I’m happy to see booming voice in the mix. That’s nice. I’m not excited about the energy uptick and I’m significantly annoyed as it seems like a cash grab, more than anything.

The sector bosses don’t seem terrible and seem as though they’ll provide for some interesting fights. I am interested to see what they did with “mini-bosses” and take that on. To me the real bellwether test (to me, at least) lay within the squads we’re going to encounter. I might throw my phone out the window, though, if I see a single Carth or Phoenix team. CG should already know that these battles quit being fun after the original conquest.

The Horror The Humanity:

In my prior conquest writeup, this section was entitled “Where CG Dun’ Goof’d.” There’s a lot to unpack here. At a certain level, I can’t say that I’ve ever felt like CG has antipathy towards their player base… until now. So let’s begin:

You’re gonna nerf characters to make room for more. Fine. I don’t like it – I think its trashing a lot of time folks have put into the game… but whatever. You’re going to load up GC after putting it on hold for a month and canceling it because it isn’t working right… fine. You’re going to give us a conquest with “mini-bosses.” Okay. That sounds great. You’re going to make those mini-boss fights with feats? Yeah. That sounds cool. What’s that? The feats aren’t accomplishable in one battle? You mean I have to go in three times and spend three out of my seven battles that I just refreshed for to get all three feats? Oh. (now, for a variety of reasons – I want it to be known that I thought the Palpatine boss fight was stylistically dope… so good on that) The boss fights are still the same? Umm. I waited a month for that? If someone on my team pulled this… we’d be having a serious sit-down about managing expectations, time-management, and their work product.

Increasing the energy per battle and tying disc management to that (still need a better system/UI, btw) is bad form. When I say bad form, I don’t think it comes across harshly enough. It borders on malfeasance.

It’s not fun anymore.

Where CG Can Improve:

Here’s a thought. Give us a true boss fight. You’ve already said you want Galactic Legends to feel like miniature raid boss battles. So give us that. No seriously. Give us that. Why not introduce raid mechanics into the fight? You already pulled it for a month so you could… well, I don’t know. I do know, however, the boss battles are still flat (Palp notwithstanding). As I stated before in my prior review: an OP Terantek fight would be fun. Fighting a calo nord battle with other bounty hunters would be great. Let me fight the rancor with a 5 minute timer. Give me an acklay fight or let me fight the AAT Just give me something that actually feels like a boss fight and not “here’s a squad that we cranked to 11”

Discs. Give us back deployable cooling systems. Make it a 3 dot disc. Make it an actual question of whether or not that’s the strategy we want to pursue. The overwhelming majority of us had the most fun when we were “breaking” the game. I want more of that. It allowed us to do several things that I thought were great: (1) it allowed us to theorycraft in ways that we don’t elsewhere; (2) it made it so that finding the best counter was less a function of “oh, what’s the counter in game?” and more a function of “oh, I wonder how this will work” and encouraged us to do wacky things, and; (3) made it less of a grind (which I can’t stress enough).

Hard mode tastes like it should have been a tier higher on its own, maybe more aptly entitled “Galactic Conquest: Challenge Mode.” I get the feeling the “new” hard mode was made with Galactic Legends in mind as a “cheat code” to get around phoenix teams that somehow stayed in after the “updating” that happened to conquest. (not that I didn’t beat the phoenix teams – I just can’t stress enough how exasperating each battle was)

Now, to anyone who is reading this and about to turn on caps lock to reply about phoenix: it’s not just phoenix. Those battles are just stupid. And annoying. And stupid. Maul seems like a perfect example where a GL would be a cheat code. Or the Sidious fight. (but again, not mad about Sidious)

What CG Did Right:

This section is going to be brief… because well… there’s not a lot there.

The Darth Sidious fight was great in that Palp legit goes on a tear at the very end. I didn’t expect that and I found myself grinning as he (quickly) dispatched my 501st GAS squad and left only GAS to contend with his onslaught. That was by far… impressive. I’m not even mad about it either.

Parting Thoughts:

It’s 9/13 and I’m 289/375 for crate rewards. I beat Maul. I beat Master Kenobi. I hated nearly every second of it. I have two days left.

Part of me thinks that I should go for the last shards I need to pick up the next crate rewards… but that part of me is infinitesimally small. The larger part of me is considering winding my guild down and going somewhere else that will let me do CPIT and further my relic grind for more GLs or just quitting all together. I’ve had members cite conquest as being the last straw for them and quitting the game all together. To be clear: I love the guild that I worked with others to create so winding it down is still largely unthinkable for me to do… but you’ve made me consider it and I despise you for that.

It’s now 9/15… and I haven’t played it at all in the closing 24 hours. I’m still short of the last chest. I’m not going back to get it though and that’s okay.

If I were giving a grade for this conquest – it would certainly be an F. It wasn’t fun – I had to remind myself to interact with it. It didn’t present any actual incentive for me to keep pushing. In many ways, it was a failure. A failure to listen to the community and a means of promising content but giving us the same stale **** and military surplus peanut butter that was (probably) at one point new and exciting.

I’m not mad about the nerf. After play testing all of the affected parties, I don’t feel as though it really was a nerf so much as it was a “reassignment of unit stats.” Is it annoying? Yeah. Do I still think it bordered on malfeasance? Youbetcha. Did I feel like the nerf and the lack of redesign of conquest negatively affected Conquest in a severe way? OMG. Yes.

I don’t really know where you go from here CG. This Hard Mode goes from relic 4 to relic 8 with your shiny new GL on display for us to hate fighting. My best suggestion would be to create a middle ground for “hard mode” (and capping the relics on bosses at 7) with the same rewards as hard mode and then create a challenge mode that goes from like relic 6 to the soon ™ to be released relic 9 (with rewards such that maxed out rewards would let you unlock the shiny new conquest character without conquest currency). We still need updated boss fights. I’ll stand by that until the end. Giving us some fun teams to fight (read, not Carth or Phoenix) would be great as well.

To be clear: I’m not asking for hard mode to be “easy.” I’m asking for it to make sense for what you’re presenting us with. I think that’s it.

And for the love of porgs everywhere. Mace Windu called and he’s still waiting on his rework.

The difficulty of the conquest did not bother me. The increase in energy costs hurt alot but the little things they did like removing zombie from nightsisters to stop you from completing feats as easy was ****. Also they removed the ability to by gear with Crystal's for a discount from Jawas was disappointing. But making the mode require so many refreshes to just make money is the absolute worst. This went from my favorite game mode to a chore and I refused to spend crystals just out if spite.
  • Options
    Where’s my rewards?! Still haven’t received them!!
  • Options
    Wow thankfully the torture is over 😅
    I just insured 50 + 20 shards of Maul and didn’t even bother to fight for max crate.

Return us previous conquests, lots of fun and no bugs. You ve just turn that around…

I cannot believe this is going again in 4 days. Makes me want to throw up. Literally. That’s a new kind of experience

@CG_SBCrumb_MINI @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI
    I have no word for you guys, this is beginning to be ridiculous… just put yourself in paying customers shoes… feels a total rip-off seriously 😒

…To quit or not to quit…
  • Options
    Stopped at T2 crates.

Every team hits me at least twice unless I am using GL, han or wat.

Arrite maybe we can fix this by disks...nope, only some crappy 27% hp 13%dmg disks around, huh?

Not fun at all.
  • Options
    Marev wrote: »
    I usually don‘t log in to the forums to complain, but this one… not gonna lie, it was awful. I used to love conquest, getting to red still required me to spend some crystals, but I had no problem with it because at least I got some enjoyment out of it.

This one, I got disheartened when I saw all the team-specific feats for only single sectors and lost all interest halfway through. I was really looking forward to Maul, but decided I could do with another few months of waiting after all. I didn‘t do more than the bare minimum.

So, with all the constructive criticism, I‘d like to leave some of my own, though not nearly as elaborate as some others and nothing new, just thought to reinforce the sentiment:

- My main gripe is the energy consumption of 20 Energy per battle. You get less battles aka actual gameplay out of the energy you have and it feels even more punishing when you loose a battle or accidentally kill stuff too fast for a feat.

- Feats. There are… just too many, it‘s exhausting. Even that would be managable if there weren‘t so many faction-specific ones. And even those would have been okay under general feats and not only single sectors. But in combination, all those things made feats nothing more than a chore.

- Discs. Though not specific to this conquest, the randomness feels terrible. In addition, removing the synergy from purple discs I didn‘t enjoy either… I liked that feeling when the last piece of the puzzle clicked and your teams became noticeably more powerful. Although I will say I liked the powerlevel of the assist data disks, even if they seem to go contrary to the whole idea of using a wide roster. Changing Disks for teams is nothing I will do as long as battles are this expensive.

I could go on, but those are my main 3 points and others have said it better. In conclusion: This was the first Conquest I completely lost interest in while still ongoing and having a cool toon as a reward. I was actually really relieved when it ended a few hours ago.

Nothing. A new mockery will begin very soon. Wait a little bit
  • Options
    Didn't enjoy Conquest, very buggy and crashed on me. Just slowly but surely losing interest
    This is the Way
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    GC is not fun for me. Didn't complete to Red crate. Know this will bite me in the back one day. But I'm losing interest. Whatever is fun is replaced with grind.

I don't mind grinding for gear or character shards. At least I don't need to repeat doing it over a period of days just to complete a feat. I have stim tickets for that.

And honestly, the final red crate. Apart from Maul, what is so attractive about it ? With all the effort given / invested, this is the kind of rewards for it ?

Hope u play ur own game CG. And really hope u are enjoying the grind.
  • Options
    Before you think this is some newer player upset how they can’t do Conquest I have deff been around for awhile (back when lando was meta). 5m+GP with 2 GL (emperor and Luke) ally code 593-761-377 if u decide to see.

I’m sure I’m not alone when I say this event (1-6) was fun and a challenge to get the last 2 crates but allowed some of us (who couldn’t beat the heroic rancor raid) to work (even slowly) towards R8 characters. Now it’s to the point where unless u have every character at G12+ it seems like getting R8 materials is a joke (if you don’t spend). Seriously come on Atleast put a few (even if its 5) in the hard crates 4 and up. Especially with Lord Vader being so OP there’s gonna be a mass exodus from the game soon if they dont add other ways.
  • Options
    I would actually take double the amount of grinding in conquest if they take the energy out completely. Keep the stamina **** but now energy. Then people with deep rosters could play more (that is what the devs wanted) and I can swap data disks until my hearts content (that’s what I want).
    Waiting for stamina is horrible but with a deep roster it’s easier to wait because you have other teams to use in the meantime.
    Waiting for that **** energy to refresh is painful.
    Using crystals to refresh just feels cheap on a 2 week long event.
  • Options
    54 pages of negative comments about Conquest and the devs stay silent. This should tell us everything we need to know about the state of this game.