Conquest 10 [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    Someone deserves a raise at CG. Really. You looked at the dumpster fire that was Conquest 7-9 and went "how do we make it even worse?" And you achieved it. Bravo. I take my hat off to you, sir or madam. Congratulations on sticking the final nail in the coffin on your newest game mode. A game mode ppl actually liked when it first started. And is now ruined. Truly, truly exemplary work. It didn't even make it a year.
  • Options
    I am deeply impressed. This game mode gets less fun with every new season. You hate doing 14 boring, pointless fights with the same team? Yeah we at CG heard your feedback. So we changed it to 40 boring, pointless fights.

There is a hard path with better rewards, but you have to guess it, since there is no indicator of any kind ingame.

3 identical discs on one node? You know how hard it is to program that out?

I have seen so many dedicated players turn away from the game the past few months. This is definitely only speeding things up.
  • Options
    You messed up CG. This is no longer fun.
  • scuba
    14166 posts Member
    Options
    I am deeply impressed. This game mode gets less fun with every new season. You hate doing 14 boring, pointless fights with the same team? Yeah we at CG heard your feedback. So we changed it to 40 boring, pointless fights.

There is a hard path with better rewards, but you have to guess it, since there is no indicator of any kind ingame.

3 identical discs on one node? You know how hard it is to program that out?

I have seen so many dedicated players turn away from the game the past few months. This is definitely only speeding things up.

If they programmed that out, there is a chance the player might get something useful. Seems we can't have that.
  • Options
    Oh, also, why the heck are you making us choose between data disks and shards for your new character? Before it was a choice of buy/not buy. I understand you want to force us to pay you $15 CAD to so we can afford to miss 5 shards but come on.
  • Options
    Likos wrote: »

5sp1eo.jpg
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Options

Well not sure what I’m doing right then because I’m enjoying it yet again lol.
    These feats are child’s play (for whales and krakens) and I’m only at the mini boss in sector 2 lol.
    Hope Boba turns out better then Maul. Mauls good but not adding to the team line CAT did.
    hwb319znan69.jpeg
    22wx6do6duw7.jpeg
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Madao5412 wrote: »
    More, more. Give me MORE !!!

So he highlighted only 3 problems out of everything posted here. Everything else working as intended? 20 energy cost and hard path for easy/normal?

There is more, and they are aware. That was all he got in time for the post.

From my understanding the 20 energy for all is correct, as is the hard path for all.

So what you are saying is CG doesn't understand the hard path in this game mode and we have to rely on datamined information and player trial and error. Pathetic.

There was a miscommunication in the announcement regarding the map layout for all tiers.
  • Options

So he highlighted only 3 problems out of everything posted here. Everything else working as intended? 20 energy cost and hard path for easy/normal?

From my understanding the 20 energy for all is correct, as is the hard path for all.

So what you are saying is CG doesn't understand the hard path in this game mode and we have to rely on datamined information and player trial and error. Pathetic.

There was a miscommunication in the announcement regarding the map layout for all tiers.

Was there also a miscommunication regarding the supposed better rewards for this “difficult” path?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Was there also a miscommunication regarding the supposed better rewards for this “difficult” path?

There is better stuff, and in a way yes there was, but I cannot go into details on that at the moment.
  • Options

There is better stuff, and in a way yes there was, but I cannot go into details on that at the moment.

Shifting and splitting the good and the bad staff and taking you away a choice = CG's definition of better ...
  • Options
    And even worse .. when you choose a path, you don't know the rewards.. (need 2 battles)
    Which means that when you choose the hard path, you are just keeping the right to choose .... 👏👏
  • Options
    I am sorry but I never noticed before that disks are considered to be rewards. Also, I have seen no clear confirmation that the "hidden jawas" are supposed to offer better disks in each case (or in average, for that regard). So the only beneficial thing the hidden jawa brings to the game is the free choice you get at the vendors - but for that you had to sacrifice your free choice on the path...
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    hey, you guys remember when we thought Conquest couldn't get any worse? lol WELP
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    v4rexnjmbv64.jpeg

I absolutely love, love, LOVE that they could find the time/capacity to add *this* to the UI but not to indicate anything about the paths at all.

Really reinforces their actual priority, monetization, over the player experience.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Fredy5 wrote: »

Shifting and splitting the good and the bad staff and taking you away a choice = CG's definition of better ...

Offering a path with a different outcome, involves player agency and added thought about your actions. Sounds interesting.

You have to choose the path, and choose to stay on it, so not sure where the choice was removed.
  • Options
    So CG managed to bust up the gamemode once again, great...

Im personally deeply irritated about the current issue since I cleared the normal mode and got max crate last time around, now Im stuck playing easy and Im getting a mystery box in the forseeable future?

Can we atleast get a detailed description of the contents of said package please? that the very least you guys over at CG could do since were obviously not getting a restarted event with all the issues fixed.
  • Options

Offering a path with a different outcome, involves player agency and added thought about your actions. Sounds interesting.

You have to choose the path, and choose to stay on it, so not sure where the choice was removed.

The RA said there would be better rewards along the hard path. Most of us probably assumed that meant the rewards would be better than Conquest 7-9. As far as I have seen, the hard path just gives us the option of two nodes with data disks that may/may not be duplicates (or other stuff ... not that far yet), which we had in Conquest 7-9. So, while technically "yes" the current hard path gives us better rewards than the non-hard path in Conquest 10, we do not appear to be getting better rewards than Conquest 9, which is probably what we were probably expecting.

So, while I agree choosing a path could be interesting, it's really just a choice of hard path = what we had before or non-hard path = less options. That's not really interesting, beneficial or fun.

If I'm missing out on some of the additional hard path rewards, please let me know.
  • Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Firefox54 wrote: »
    So let’s recap:

You missed that at some point you have to choose between data discs and Boba shards :)

That's true unless you spend the 9.99 on the conquest pass, then with the premium rewards you'll get your 20 Boba shards. So even though you can't get him faster, buying that pass for 10 bucks allows you to keep your currency, and still get him at month 3 😁

So you can pay for what you used to get for free? Awesome deal.

You can still get them for free, instead of 20 shards you can actually get 40 shards per conquest... it gives you lots of wiggle room
  • Zahatniel
    3 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    When the first news of Battlepass arrived I had an argument with my guild mate. He said that this will be like in any other game. Some free stuff plus the pay for better stuff. This will be something very "unique".
    But still I was thinking about buying the pass. Extra stuff is always needed.

Then this fantastic piece of thing arrived. Now I have to pay just to get the same (and a bit extra) stuff as I did manage to get in previous conquest.

Well, no donation from me this month dear CG.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Options

Can't choose the path if you don't know it's there. So choice IS removed.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

The RA said there would be better rewards along the hard path. Most of us probably assumed that meant the rewards would be better than Conquest 7-9. As far as I have seen, the hard path just gives us the option of two nodes with data disks that may/may not be duplicates (or other stuff ... not that far yet), which we had in Conquest 7-9. So, while technically "yes" the current hard path gives us better rewards than the non-hard path in Conquest 10, we do not appear to be getting better rewards than Conquest 9, which is probably what we were probably expecting.

So, while I agree choosing a path could be interesting, it's really just a choice of hard path = what we had before or non-hard path = less options. That's not really interesting, beneficial or fun.

If I'm missing out on some of the additional hard path rewards, please let me know.

Correct that was part of the miscommunication, there was a different design for that oath that got pushed out/scrapped. But there are elements in that path that are more rewarding.

I'm not saying that what they said is 100% accurate, and there was a miscommunication, but there is still elements there that are more rewarding to the player.
  • Options
    My silver lining, did not enjoy previously, so this new iteration can't take away joy that was not there to take. The choice of paths is best summed up as, "Meh!". Conquest started off not engaging and just gets less engaging with every iteration.
  • Options

Correct that was part of the miscommunication, there was a different design for that oath that got pushed out/scrapped. But there are elements in that path that are more rewarding.

I'm not saying that what they said is 100% accurate, and there was a miscommunication, but there is still elements there that are more rewarding to the player.

That is some mighty fine tap dancing you are doing…
  • Options

What they said is totally inaccurate. They gated a choice we already had behind the hard path. It isn't better.

And think about the problem here. We are all here telling you we don't like it, and all you can say is that cg says it is more rewarding so it must be.

It is not more rewarding. We had the same choice previously. It was taken away and gated behind the hard path. Because the disks are random and repeat I have experienced no more reward for doing the hard path. How many caustic emissions disks does it take to be rewarding? At what number will I find them rewarding? At what point will choosing between boba shards and disks be rewarding? When does increasing node cost to 20 energy become rewarding? What is rewarding about 40 battles with smugglers over 14?

I am playing this game mode out of spite at this point.

• Options
    cyjzp2wj9odm.jpg
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Firebrigade
    852 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Options

Hi Shill,

The choice that was removed is that we have to pick these paths before the nodes are visible, meaning we lock in to an unknown result. In the past we could get to the two unknown results a few nodes out and then choose which of the two broken options worked best for us.

Hi player,

The choice was not removed, you still have it, and can weigh the path laid out before you.

That’s a false equivalency or moving goalposts. We don’t have the information we need to accurately and adequately weigh the choice. The overall experience was better without the choice.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Options
    Likos wrote: »

No longer? Lol. Did you miss the last 3 Conquests?
  • Options
    I bought the battle pass but am not getting the rewards from the rewards track as I click on them even though it says i claimed them.