Conquest 10 [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    i missed the scavenger node selling the Boba shards in sector 2. Screw you CG for your poor communication.
  • Options
    Thorozar11 wrote: »
    Well CG is just doing what world governments and individuals have been doing of late. Double down. Find out your policy is build on false science? Double down. Find out your corporate policy is detrimental to customer experience? Double down. Discover your entire player base has hated every change to a once fun game mode the last month? Double down.

Yeah, I mean this is it in a nutshell. They realized a couple years back with things like the zFinn lead change and other similar changes that they just need to turtle up and let the people race for a bit, the backlash will burn out eventually. It’s sad, but that’s how they’re choosing to run this game. I keep showing up hoping that some day they might decide to swing the pendulum back and focus on the player experience rather than the bottom line for a bit…
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    zatho wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Also, anyone noticed we have not run into a broken disc yet???

Progress!
    its a joke, please calm down. We are all here to have fun, let's try and remember that.

Maybe people found some and didn't report them because they fear CG would listen to their feedback and fix it.

Sorry you point to where they didnt address a broken disc?

Also, there is a difference between feedback and issues.
  • Options
    zatho wrote: »

Progress!
    its a joke, please calm down. We are all here to have fun, let's try and remember that.

Maybe people found some and didn't report them because they fear CG would listen to their feedback and fix it.

Sorry you point to where they didnt address a broken disc?

Also, there is a difference between feedback and issues.
    Aren't you ashamed of yourself for defending Capital Games 24/7? Where are the community managers? Are they embarrassed because they lied off their **** off in interviews with content creator?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    Madao5412 wrote: »
    More, more. Give me MORE !!!

So he highlighted only 3 problems out of everything posted here. Everything else working as intended? 20 energy cost and hard path for easy/normal?

There is more, and they are aware. That was all he got in time for the post.

From my understanding the 20 energy for all is correct, as is the hard path for all.

So what you are saying is CG doesn't understand the hard path in this game mode and we have to rely on datamined information and player trial and error. Pathetic.

There was a miscommunication in the announcement regarding the map layout for all tiers.

Was there also a miscommunication regarding the supposed better rewards for this “difficult” path?

There is better stuff, and in a way yes there was, but I cannot go into details on that at the moment.

What better stuff? The completion of the nodes offers the same exact amount of conquest currency. The data disks and scavenger on those paths offer no guarantee of better data disks or consumables. Those nodes are still left up to RNG on what’s inside. So what exactly is the better rewards along the difficult path?

I have seen some players posting images that would suggest the discs are better, but I have no direct confirmation of this.

“Some players”

Which means there’s no guarantee that the hard path offers even better disks or consumables. It’s still up to RNG on what disks or quality of disks you get. So again, I ask what is the better rewards for taking the hard path?

There is none.
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    Maybe Kyno would be more willing to hold a polite conversation if you all stopped insulting him.

I find it disappointing that so many of you take a “don’t shoot the messenger” attitude with Doja and Crumb but seem to forget Kyno’s even more just a messenger than they are.

This is a mobile game.

I’m not insulting him. I’m asking what better rewards are we getting for taking the hard path. There are none. I’m asking why we were lied to about so much in this conquest regarding our feedback. We are owed an explanation from the devs. Yes it’s a mobile game, a very expensive one

I only say some, because not everyone is posting pics of the difference. Without dev confirmation, I will leave this as seem to be better discs.

Yes, the scrapped/pushed out path had better rewards on each node, but that was removed, but the access to more choices of discs and possible better discs, is still present. As I said in part this was a miscommunication.
  • Options
    I normally don’t complain on the forums and stick to my guild’s discord and I was going to compose an elegant message but that would be more effort than CG put in this new conquest mode… it’s just awful and one on the worst cash grabs ever in this game.

All new disks ; which are basically worthless and don’t ‘help’ win OR have fun. (The purpose of a video game)

Feats are even more grindy. I didn’t think it was possible to make conquest more grindy but congratulations you achieved just that.

I use to feel like a champ in conquest and it was fun to use the beastly disks. Now I feel like a chump.

I know you don’t care because I’m not a whale but I have spent but won’t any longer. Good luck with milking those whales.

Krypto
  • JerrickKharr87
    934 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Lol so Doja says the turret isn’t a clone trooper eh? Totally makes sense…not. The ARC trooper places the turret and is therefore an extension of arc trooper. Arc trooper dies, turret disappears.
  • Options
    There is no 'Better Rewards' for choosing the "Hard Path".
    There is worse rewards for NOT choosing it.
    Basically, if you go the "Hard Path", you get access to the same as you did in the previous conquests.

So in essence, the "Hard Path" give you access to the same disc options as previous conquests, but with no options of what squads you want to fight.

Adding to that, you still have the RNG of what discs drops REGARDLESS wich path you chose.
  • Options

So he highlighted only 3 problems out of everything posted here. Everything else working as intended? 20 energy cost and hard path for easy/normal?

From my understanding the 20 energy for all is correct, as is the hard path for all.

So what you are saying is CG doesn't understand the hard path in this game mode and we have to rely on datamined information and player trial and error. Pathetic.

There was a miscommunication in the announcement regarding the map layout for all tiers.

Was there also a miscommunication regarding the supposed better rewards for this “difficult” path?

There is better stuff, and in a way yes there was, but I cannot go into details on that at the moment.

What better stuff? The completion of the nodes offers the same exact amount of conquest currency. The data disks and scavenger on those paths offer no guarantee of better data disks or consumables. Those nodes are still left up to RNG on what’s inside. So what exactly is the better rewards along the difficult path?

I have seen some players posting images that would suggest the discs are better, but I have no direct confirmation of this.

“Some players”

Which means there’s no guarantee that the hard path offers even better disks or consumables. It’s still up to RNG on what disks or quality of disks you get. So again, I ask what is the better rewards for taking the hard path?

There is none.
    Maybe Kyno would be more willing to hold a polite conversation if you all stopped insulting him.

I find it disappointing that so many of you take a “don’t shoot the messenger” attitude with Doja and Crumb but seem to forget Kyno’s even more just a messenger than they are.

This is a mobile game.

I’m not insulting him. I’m asking what better rewards are we getting for taking the hard path. There are none. I’m asking why we were lied to about so much in this conquest regarding our feedback. We are owed an explanation from the devs. Yes it’s a mobile game, a very expensive one

I only say some, because not everyone is posting pics of the difference. Without dev confirmation, I will leave this as seem to be better discs.

Yes, the scrapped/pushed out path had better rewards on each node, but that was removed, but the access to more choices of discs and possible better discs, is still present. As I said in part this was a miscommunication.

There is *not* access to *more* choices! Why do you keep saying that!? The hard path gives you back access to the same choices you had for the last 9 conquests.
  • Options
    DatsekaH wrote: »
    There is no 'Better Rewards' for choosing the "Hard Path".
    There is worse rewards for NOT choosing it.
    Basically, if you go the "Hard Path", you get access to the same as you did in the previous conquests.

So in essence, the "Hard Path" give you access to the same disc options as previous conquests, but with no options of what squads you want to fight.

Adding to that, you still have the RNG of what discs drops REGARDLESS wich path you chose.

Correct and is a horrible CHANGE

and getting the same number of data disks choices but requires less choice of a path with no additional rewards MEANS the same effort but less enjoyment which MEANS less "engagement" (spending money) and now major players continue to drop from the game as well...

Conquest was enjoyable, in the beginning.. Now it's worst game mode...
  • Options

“Some players”

There is none.

This is a mobile game.

There is *not* access to *more* choices! Why do you keep saying that!? The hard path gives you back access to the same choices you had for the last 9 conquests.

Except not even that. Previously you could change path if you were on top route say and got into seeing range of the 3 nodes, and liked the bottom. You could reroute and nab one there. Now you can only see 2 nodes (after you have to decide route), and you then also get no choice of teams to fight on the way. In the end of that, max 2 choices. "Better rewards" lol.

Kyno is king of newspeak. Orwell would be proud.
  • Options

Yes, the scrapped/pushed out path had better rewards on each node, but that was removed, but the access to more choices of discs and possible better discs, is still present. As I said in part this was a miscommunication. [/quote]

So what your saying is they made a good conquest then at last minute someone changed it to this. Why would you scrap something we would like? Or does cg just not care at all?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    meow4me wrote: »
    I'm leaning toward the potency one.
    wgalpdk1ik37.png

Why you complaining? You have 2 colors to choose from.
  • Options
    Just, whatever...
  • Options

“Some players”

There is none.

This is a mobile game.

So you're saying they were talking about a change that didn't make it in the road ahead? So shouldn't they have changed the road ahead to be honest, once they realized this "better path" wouldn't exist.

And don't try and pull the it was too late excuse. They had plenty of time to plan how they were going to spin this dumpster fire.
  • Options
    So, now 24hrs + AFTER the start of Conquest CG FINALLY give us info on the special path. I wish I could say I am surprised.
  • Options
    They put out a PSA about new pathways 2 days to late and they close the post to comments immediately. CG knows how bad this is but they read forwards. Show everyone how they feel about the players.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2944 posts Member
    Options
    They put out a PSA about new pathways 2 days to late and they close the post to comments immediately. CG knows how bad this is but they read forwards. Show everyone how they feel about the players.

While I agree that CG is doing a horrible job with conquest...its the worst...the PSA is a PSA. We don't need 134 threads talking about the same thing.

Besides, its just us talking to each other as we know that CG couldn't care less about anything that we say. Action speaks louder than words, and CG has spoken.
  • Options
    Would you look at that. Ruthless Swiftness, gone. Ruthless Offense, gone. Critical Debuffs, gone. Critical Buffs, gone. Blindside, gone. Every known Purple disk besides Booming Voice, gone. Any method of healing besides the Protection Recovery disk, gone.

Ironically they kept Ability Exhaust, maybe the most broken disk in existence since Deployable Cooling Systems.

At least they had the sense to keep Zealous Ambition after it stayed bugged for ages…

What is this? Seriously, what was the plan here?
  • Options
    While the post made about the path and the available disks is ‘great’ for transparency, you now have an even bigger problem. All of the good disks were mysteriously removed apparently. No Entrenched, no attacks out of turn, no stacking offense, no buffs or debuffs. It’s like you guys have no idea what the word ‘fun’ actually means. Not only did you make it harder to get the same rewards as previous Conquests, but now we get LESS disk choices because of losing the freedom to play Conquest how we want, staying on the “hard path” (instead of choosing nodes based on how I want to get through it)?

Seriously, it is just amazing how you guys can release a game mode that was so ridiculously fun when it first came out, and continue to pull stunts like this regularly. I have gone from “I can’t wait for the next Conquest!” to “Oh, is it that time again?” to now “Is this crap over yet?”

Really disappointing. Getting hard to believe that you’re actually taking player feedback seriously.
  • Options
    What is this? Seriously, what was the plan here?

Best I can figure, the plan was to eliminate the least-situational, most-consistently-useful disks (let's be real, Entrenched wasn't exactly gamebreaking) and replace them with more disks that are only useful for certain squads or against certain lineups and are actually a handicap for other squads (even Perserverance, probably the best of the new disks, completely ruins Vader's Merciless Massacre). That way you either A.) have to buy stamina stims for your squads that do work well with your current data disk setup or B.) have to spend energy (or buy the battlepass+) swapping disks much more often.

Conquests 7-9 felt overly grindy, but this one, this one doesn't feel so much "grindy" as "sleazy".
  • Options

The first of three Conquests has always been a "trial run" where the players debug the game and find out what information we haven't been given.

From The Road Ahead, "This path offers additional Data Disks and some increased rewards for Players that choose to take this one way route." From what we have seen so far, there are no increased rewards, but there is an additional choice of Data Disks and an additional choice of items to purchase from the Scavenger. Is there any evidence to the contrary?
  • Options
    I didn't like the new disks at all. I agree with sentiment others expressed in that they removed many disks that are useful for a wide range of squads and replaced them with situational ones, which I guess it would really be OK if it didn't cost to change them (either in money or energy). I miss my entrenched. I was looking forward to getting a couple so that I could go back to sector 1 with my under geared Bounties. So far I haven't received anything that would help increase survivability of lower gear chars.
  • Options
    Zumwan wrote: »
    So far I haven't received anything that would help increase survivability of lower gear chars.

And you won’t. They took them all away.
  • Options
    Lol so Doja says the turret isn’t a clone trooper eh? Totally makes sense…not. The ARC trooper places the turret and is therefore an extension of arc trooper. Arc trooper dies, turret disappears.

Guns don’t kill people Clones kill people.
  • Options
    Zumwan wrote: »
    ...... I was looking forward to getting a couple so that I could go back to sector 1 with my under geared Bounties. So far I haven't received anything that would help increase survivability of lower gear chars.

And that is why entrenched discs are gone along with leaders resolve
  • Options
    Wow this conquest is real bad. Pathing is all screwed up and hard to follow. And the disks don't do any favors from what I've seen so far. I have 2 GLs and I'm going to struggle to finish I can already see; I should not be struggling this hard in sector 2.

PLEASE make it so you can't get the two of the same disc choices on one node. It severely limits you on disc especially if the only way to get any variety of discs is on the hard path.

This was one of the last game modes I was putting effort into, if something doesn't change I see my self dropping this one too and there isn't much left for me in the game. I loved this when it came out and even the last couple were ok with me with the increased difficulty.

Please take everyone's advice as constructive and fix this!
  • Options
    Sooo, not only are the players more restricted than ever this conquest, but now we also get a PSA on the secret path multiple DAYS too late, only to find out that almost all of the current disks are a pile of hot trash and pretty much useless compared to the old ones. How about you post that info 1 week, or at least a few days, before conquest actually starts so that people know what to expect? You know, like a normal company?
  • Options

Progress!

Kyno,

I like your posts a lot and you seem like a good guy, but for those of us that pay actually $ for this, it isn't just for fun ... It's a competition ... And CG is ruining that

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Sooo, not only are the players more restricted than ever this conquest, but now we also get a PSA on the secret path multiple DAYS too late, only to find out that almost all of the current disks are a pile of hot trash and pretty much useless compared to the old ones. How about you post that info 1 week, or at least a few days, before conquest actually starts so that people know what to expect? You know, like a normal company?

You mean tell the ppl what they're getting before they pay?