Conquest 11

Replies

• CarSickShoe
    199 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Don’t get perseverance. Even with the change I thought at least CLS rebels would still be great with it, right?

It’s so bad. The description says “once per turn”, but right now it’s only allowing characters to assist one additional time between that character’s turn. Basically it’s a permanent -30% damage for at most 1 additional assist for each turn a character takes.

Example: CLS rebels. Both Chewies double-assist at the start like expected, but then single assist (like if perseverance wasn’t equipped) until either Chewie takes another turn
  • Options
    Bounty hunters are slow and can’t match those already fast plus over prepared teams, they are often easily wipe out before getting bounty payouts if not destroyed b4 taking a turn.

At best they I can put Fennec and Boba tag along with GL and R7 Han, full BH team is quite impossible in many cases
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    bluecheese wrote: »
    Bounty hunters are slow and can’t match those already fast plus over prepared teams, they are often easily wipe out before getting bounty payouts if not destroyed b4 taking a turn.

At best they I can put Fennec and Boba tag along with GL and R7 Han, full BH team is quite impossible in many cases

Try Jango lead for speed, or Bossk lead and stack up on DoT disks for max survivability. It doesn't work for every enemy, but it works for quite a few.
  • Options
    After last conquest I realized the stress of getting new Boba day 1 through conquest wasn’t worth it. So this time I’ll just cruise through conquest without crystal refreshes and whatever crate I get is what it is.
    It’s kind of relaxing and I can focus on Xmas without the need to play 2 extra hours per day. Maybe CG will come to their senses after the next conquest and change it back to funquest. Anyway, merry Xmas to you all : )
  • Options
    Have I mentioned lately how much I hate Grindquest? With its ridiculous NPC buffs, its boringly repetitive battles and its mind-numingly boring repetitive feats. Congratulations CG, you have taken a fun new mode.and degraded it into by far the most obnoxious part of the game, a steaming pile of
    ddb6bid94jmd.jpg
  • Options
    This is the first time my reaction to a new conquest was "ugggh".
  • Options
    Zaph0dd wrote: »
    Same duplicated discs on the same nodes, again.

this....also am showing same discs per node
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    Well, at least they fixed the map warping to the end boss once you got to a certain point in the map. Otherwise, same old conquest. At least I know how to do all the feats this time, just a matter of slogging through it and getting some decent RNG on disks and enemy selection.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Have I mentioned lately how much I hate Grindquest? With its ridiculous NPC buffs, its boringly repetitive battles and its mind-numingly boring repetitive feats. Congratulations CG, you have taken a fun new mode.and degraded it into by far the most obnoxious part of the game, a steaming pile of
    ddb6bid94jmd.jpg

That's it, but as we all know, C(reedy)G(ames) don't cares about their players, it's all about money and as long as whales and other crazy ones are buying enough, they have no reason for changes.

What could we do? Keep playin' but no payin'. ;-)
  • Options
    Don’t get perseverance. Even with the change I thought at least CLS rebels would still be great with it, right?

It’s so bad. The description says “once per turn”, but right now it’s only allowing characters to assist one additional time between that character’s turn. Basically it’s a permanent -30% damage for at most 1 additional assist for each turn a character takes.

Example: CLS rebels. Both Chewies double-assist at the start like expected, but then single assist (like if perseverance wasn’t equipped) until either Chewie takes another turn

I don't think I saw Perseverance on Conquest 10. I see it coming up, but with a comment like this it looks like I might just be better doing what I did last time - doubling up on Zealous Ambition.
  • Options

Can you confirm toons don't assist themselves on their own turn?

Really seems like a handicap disk more than a boost now, if that is the case. "I think this is too easy, so I'm going to reduce my squad damage by 30%".

Really, even a full assist team like geos and Mon mothma will do less damage overall now. You get 1 extra attack from a toon, but every other attack until their turn comes around again is -30%.

Let's assume the whole squad is the same speed and your toon does 100 damage normally. No other penalty or boost on assist for simplicity.

Perseverence:
    70 damage on their turn.
    140 damage first double assist.
    210 damage from 3 other assists until turn comes around.
    420 total.

No perseverance:
    100 on turn
    400 from 4 assists until turn comes around.
    500 total.

Only advantage is if you are applying some other effect like a debuff per attack, you will get one more application per turn cycle.

They turned it from the best disk to a nerf your own team disk.
  • Wadthebad
    131 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    s9db4sgedn4n.jpeg

• Options
    Perseverance should have been changed to being a double tap on your own turn only. Even with the damage reduction it was well worth it to get to apply your basic an extra time each turn. Now having to rely on also getting an assist call makes -30% too big a penalty.

It could also return to being an actual improvement if the damage penalty was removed. But still only worth having in your loadout if you get assists, otherwise those slots are better used with something else.
  • Options
    Perseverance should have been changed to being a double tap on your own turn only. Even with the damage reduction it was well worth it to get to apply your basic an extra time each turn. Now having to rely on also getting an assist call makes -30% too big a penalty.

It could also return to being an actual improvement if the damage penalty was removed. But still only worth having in your loadout if you get assists, otherwise those slots are better used with something else.

In C10 characters would assist themselves on their own turn dealing 30% less damage (once per turn). It was a very good disk. However it was bugged to oblivion with Rey and JML’s ultimate creating soft locks and even negating any damage from Rey’s ultimate.

Rather than fix the bug as they should have, they took the lazy and shady route of just making the disk assist only on assists dealing 30% less damage.

So now it’s a junk disk
  • Options

Come on, admit it, you just can't handle the yellow bricks. You want to go back to red.
  • Options

Come on, admit it, you just can't handle the yellow bricks. You want to go back to red.
    There aint any bricks right now. Caught up in supply chain issues I guess.

That I can handle, dumb though it is. It's all the rest of the crud that is Grindquest in its current form that I can't stand.

I complete it because if I don't then I start falling behind in the rat race but I find it tedious at best and irritating more often than not.
  • Gul_Ski73
    68 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Seriously? Think they want me to have Evasive Technique or Volatile Accel..

eq2ltvby26nr.jpg
    qzjyl7eh3dc7.jpg
  • Options
    Hal_10000 wrote: »
    This is the first time my reaction to a new conquest was "ugggh".

Pretty much my reaction.
  • Options
    They might have toned down the first couple sectors a bit, but naturally they didn't change any of the grind.

There are sniper droids that LITERALLY one-shot Galactic Legends they won't tone down. Why would they make any significant changes to the grind and **** of Conquest? It's not supposed to be "fun" it's supposed to be miserable so less people are motivated to get rewards. Less "free" stuff for them to give out.

Not to mention, they just brought out Starkiller which seems to be able to make GL's even more Nerfy. Yay? So glad I worked hard to get 6 GL's that can be beaten by new characters because they're "new". (BTW Kids, don't get Lord Vader thinking he'll be worth the resources, time, and pain you pour into getting him. He ain't. Good in DS TB, sure. can get a hold or two in TW/GAC, sure. But that's about it. Get the other five first, they'll be more beneficial at a cheaper cost.)

Maybe one day it'll be fun again, like when we're working on our 50th GL and have enough to run one per node?
  • Options
    q2dazfxewovc.jpg

Perhaps a bit nitpicky, but Health Recovery isn't listed on the Conquest 11 Data Discs posts. @Kyno can you ask them to double-check that they have the correct and complete list posted?
  • Options
    Sometimes, I think I'm starting to like Conquest. Then I get to S3 and can't outspeed anything with OP1 or better unless I bring a GL. Back to hating it :(

Honestly, nothing new to report. Grindy, boring, cheap mechanics--all the ingredients for a sour player experience.
  • Options
    I think this conquest with Bounty Hunter feats is pretty messed up. I have an entire relic 5 team of bounty hunters that are getting destroyed by non relic characters. I am not even halfway across the first board on Normal difficulty. And they want us to pay money for a pass....ha. No thanks.

You getting the wrong disks, you need 1 thermal exhaust and 3-4 caustic emissions, bossk lead and you can still run them at 1% stamina, not take a single turn and still win in sector 5 normal mode with R5 bh.

• Options
    My buttons went away so I wasted 20 energy, can I get it reimbursed? :)
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Sector 2 : jtr, gideon, jtr, gideon, jtr, gideon... etc
    gc brains are amazing
  • Options
    I just had the same Mandalorian team 4 times in a row in the hard track. Fun.
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    My buttons went away so I wasted 20 energy, can I get it reimbursed? :)

Only if you give them some crystals ...
  • Options
    Yeh, another bunch of screenshots showing the incredible selection of discs to choose from between two paths.

e3k0r403a0dv.jpg

5wb2lhihltb8.jpg
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    So far donkfest is slightly better than the last one, not because of anything cg did to make this garbage compactor of a game mode any better, but bc now I have yet another gl to throw at it. WAI, I suppose. Sigh
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36628 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    So far donkfest is slightly better than the last one, not because of anything cg did to make this garbage compactor of a game mode any better, but bc now I have yet another gl to throw at it. WAI, I suppose. Sigh

I thought you were going to say you're smarter this time. RIP
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Al llegar en conquista fácil al nivel 3, al derrotar a Han Solo me marca qu9e el derrotado soy yo. Alguien sabe que hacer ?