GAC “Make good” lol

Replies

• Options
    The question remains if this delay affects all future seasons or if they will compress the off-times a little to get back on schedule within some months
  • Options
    I think this comment on Reddit is the best take I've seen on the compensation:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/stjc2w/grand_arenas_reschedule_update_inbox_this_week/hx4p2vo/

tl;dr - For a 0.500 K1 player, the loss of crystals after the make good is about 400-500 in total.

I'd like to add, as others have pointed out, that the delay in the compensation did negatively affect some folks grinding for Executor. Also, when CG messes up hard like this, why are they so calculated in their response? Okay, it's probably EA shenanigans. But just throw some crystals out there on top of the calculated compensation to garner some good will, if EA will let you.
  • Options
    zatho wrote: »
    The question remains if this delay affects all future seasons or if they will compress the off-times a little to get back on schedule within some months

There's no way they will compress
    hello
  • Options

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/stjc2w/grand_arenas_reschedule_update_inbox_this_week/hx4p2vo/

tl;dr - For a 0.500 K1 player, the loss of crystals after the make good is about 400-500 in total.

I'd like to add, as others have pointed out, that the delay in the compensation did negatively affect some folks grinding for Executor. Also, when CG messes up hard like this, why are they so calculated in their response? Okay, it's probably EA shenanigans. But just throw some crystals out there on top of the calculated compensation to garner some good will, if EA will let you.

Seems like not a big deal, other than those that missed executor because of the delay
    hello
  • Options

That is a nice calculation, thank you for sharing. A shame that CG didn't present such kind of explanation how they estimated their numbers.
  • Ultra
    11551 posts Moderator
    Options

Great breakdown!

I agree, the crystals should not match up to what was lose to break-even, but should include more stuff for the downtime and trouble
  • Options
    TheDude420 wrote: »
    We wouldn’t be so frustrated if they didn’t make GAC our main source of crystals instead of arena.

We were told there would be minimal disruption to our income due to this switch from Squad Arena to GAC, but as this “make good” shows, they are misleading everyone.

Did you forget about this statement, CG? The minimal change in crystal income you said we’d experience due to the change to GAC?

For those of us in K1 who used to take 1st in arena every day, that’s turned out to be a crock of ****. This “make good” only reiterates that.

If you are in K1 you are earning more crystals than you used to just by winning half the time

That’s true, except for the week in question where we didn’t get any rewards.

Don’t you guys see that if the next GAC is delayed a week, we’ll still be missing a week of rewards?
  • Options
    We wouldn’t be so frustrated if they didn’t make GAC our main source of crystals instead of arena.

We were told there would be minimal disruption to our income due to this switch from Squad Arena to GAC, but as this “make good” shows, they are misleading everyone.

Did you forget about this statement, CG? The minimal change in crystal income you said we’d experience due to the change to GAC?

For those of us in K1 who used to take 1st in arena every day, that’s turned out to be a crock of ****. This “make good” only reiterates that.

If you are in K1 you are earning more crystals than you used to just by winning half the time

Don’t you guys see that if the next GAC is delayed a week, we’ll still be missing a week of rewards?

they either don't or they're trolling and I hope it's the latter.
  • Options
    Too bad my post was closed. It would have been beneficial for CG to see two posts going crazy over the lackluster “make good.” I still find it to be a complete snub to end-game players in Kyber 1 that average a lot more than what’s being awarded to us. I rarely ever comment on forums but this move really struck me and many others as a slap in the face.
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Dreapool wrote: »
    Also does not address end of round rewards for someone who won first round in the cancelation and then moved up skill and lost all 3 next round. End of round rewards will for sure be worse in that case.

Now you will get an easier 4th week

instead of 0-3 4th week

What about the full week lost? We would have had a full week of GAC done by the 28th.

What?

Real what? Or avoiding question what?

Next season was supposed to start Feb 21st. So by the time Feb 28th rolled around we would have a full week of rewards. Now.. we just will be starting.

I think it's a very clear question.

Feb 21st is Review week, not new season week

It is NOW. Review week was going to be 2/14. This is a 6 week GAC not normal 5. You can admit you're wrong anytime.
    Asked around and you are right

So End of Season rewards would’ve been this week in time for executor - which makes a big difference

+ an extra week worth of crystals etc

Im pleased you are seeing the problem here.
  • Options

The next GAC starts the following Monday after this last round ends a week from today.
    hello
  • Options

Rewards shifted and rewards missing are two different things. we would be missing a week of rewards if they cancelled the final week

im not saying if 1k + 1k is too high or too low, i dont have the brain space to calculate it - but rewards arent missing
    hello
  • Options
    Considering I didn't lose any Crystals, the 1,000 free Crystals is great. I also got an extra 825 Crystals for my win in that bonus round in cancelled Event 3. It's raining Crystals.
  • Options

Rewards shifted and rewards missing are two different things. we would be missing a week of rewards if they cancelled the final week

im not saying if 1k + 1k is too high or too low, i dont have the brain space to calculate it - but rewards arent missing

Would you think the same if your boss tells you that your salary gets paid a month delayed? And all following salaries will follow the usual monthly cadence? Would you still say you didn't lose a month's worth of money, it is just delayed but eventually it will get paid? Only difference is, GAC was delayed by a week, not a month
  • Options

The next GAC starts the following Monday after this last round ends a week from today.

So this week we are playing the rescheduled, canceled round (3rd round), right?
    Next week will be the last round (4th round), instead of the time off?
    And right after that we start the next GA?
  • Options

Would you think the same if your boss tells you that your salary gets paid a month delayed? And all following salaries will follow the usual monthly cadence? Would you still say you didn't lose a month's worth of money, it is just delayed but eventually it will get paid? Only difference is, GAC was delayed by a week, not a month

is my boss giving me a bonus to make up for the delay?
    hello
  • Options

Right. Not "missing", just delayed until the end of time. Lol..
  • Options

Right. Not "missing", just delayed until the end of time. Lol..

ok
    hello
  • Options

Actually he is. But as you are paid for effort, you feel like he is paying you less than you would have gained for a regular working month.
  • Options
    If the "elite" from the "elite" guilds aren't happy at the make good we're all in big trouble.
  • Options

Actually he is. But as you are paid for effort, you feel like he is paying you less than you would have gained for a regular working month.

so "feel like" then

is it actually less or it just feels that way
    hello
  • Options

so "feel like" then

good question. What do you think?
  • Options

so "feel like" then

what do you think?
    hello
  • Options

so "feel like" then

what do you think?

I think the calculation in the reddit post is reasonable and the make good is quite ok. But I can't see the extra stuff for inconvenience.
    So I would like to see how CG calculated how much the delay has cost us.
  • Options
    Screerider wrote: »
    Considering I didn't lose any Crystals, the 1,000 free Crystals is great. I also got an extra 825 Crystals for my win in that bonus round in cancelled Event 3. It's raining Crystals.

If you weren't signed up for that "postponed" round you dont get the 1000 Crystal's lol.
  • Options
    Spot on. I used to play WoW. "Time is money, friend!".
    Fieldgulls wrote: »
    Time in the game always has equated to an offset of cost. You either spend to speed up time or don’t. Any delays or cancellation in a game mode has a cost.

• RTS
    684 posts Member
    Options
    HokieFiend wrote: »
    Spot on. I used to play WoW. "Time is money, friend!".
    Fieldgulls wrote: »
    Time in the game always has equated to an offset of cost. You either spend to speed up time or don’t. Any delays or cancellation in a game mode has a cost.

I can literally hear it.
  • Options

so "feel like" then

The point that keeps getting missed: you "invest" your crystals in your characters and that investment allows you to clear more content, open new content and earn better rewards. Any delay there can never be made back.

To continue that analogy - what if your boss agreed to pay you a $1000 bonus for the delay but because you weren't paid on time you couldn't pay the entrance fee for your racecar and by missing the race you lost $1500. Is your boss compensating you fairly?
  • Options
    I think the make it good is ok. 1k crystals and currency for a delay is ok