FO w/Echelon Destroying r9 Executor WAI?

Prev13456
mr37hat
79 posts Member
edited March 2022
before people spend crystals to get refresh/purchase the Echelon outright, I think we deserve an answer in advance from CG as to whether this is expected behavior or if they "are monitoring the situation". Don't want to waste crystals on something they're just going to change Monday. Hope this gets to you guys before you walk out the door for the weekend. @CG_SBCrumb_MINI @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI

thanks in advan(tage)!
"ooba... ooba"

Replies

• Options
    Of course it’s WAI. CG’s gotta encourage spending no matter how much it hurts the game.
  • Options
    mr37hat wrote: »
    before people spend crystals to get refresh/purchase the Echelon outright, I think we deserve an answer in advance from CG as to whether this is expected behavior or if they "are monitoring the situation". Don't want to waste crystals on something they're just going to change Monday. Hope this gets to you guys before you walk out the door for the weekend. @CG_SBCrumb_MINI @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI

thanks in advan(tage)!

Yeah I find it very odd that it beats it so easily ... we need a response ASAP if this is intended or not. Way too many releases that get immediately nerfed.

• Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options
    I couldn't get an answer on this today, so we'll have to wait until Monday

I would suggest not over-investing on this counter for now

imo the ship is great, and worth chasing to seven stars over, but relicing up Hux, FOO, is something i would avoid until we get a concrete answer
  • Options
    It would be a big surprise if this didn't get nerfed since they basically stopped the StarFortress from supercharging Raddus. Given the level of investment in Executor, this is clearly not intended to be consistently beating it.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    First order was already solid against executor beforehand, not surprised that the tank allows them to beat exec fully now.
  • Options
    God forbid something can finally beat executor to give some kind of fluidity to fleet arena and GAC. Enough nerfs. Test your game
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    God forbid something can finally beat executor to give some kind of fluidity to fleet arena and GAC. Enough nerfs. Test your game

it drops like a stone on defense in fleet arena
  • Options

Exec costs too much to get beat like this

especially because fleet still has crystals
    hello
  • Options

Not for long, before the july fleet will have its crystalls removed and added to TW
  • Options

Not for long, before the july fleet will have its crystalls removed and added to TW

Still making up that story
    hello
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options

I wouldn’t put it past CG to do it though. In fact, this might just give them the idea, if they didn’t already have it.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options

Lord Vader costs 4 R8s / 4 R7s & gets beat by multiple marquee teams

I doubt CG cares about the cost -> performance principle anymore.

• mr37hat
    79 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    mostly i'm speaking directly from a GA point of view. I feel like the meta should absolutely have counters. But for a "chase" ship to upgrade a decent fleet to 99% (made up number) win rate over the current meta seems a little beyond what I imagine CG would intend on what seems to still be a cash cow and a historically stale meta for that specific game mode. This mostly matters for GA as who cares what you're using to clime in Fleet Arena. I think we just deserve to know what their intent is here before we spend our money, because as you've seen they're not going to refund it if they do change it.
    "ooba... ooba"
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options
    Well we don't even know if it'll be nerfed so I don't see complaining as if its getting nerfed

My opinion is that:

1. They shouldn't nerf this ship, and its fine to have a one-shot counter to executor, its out for a long time now
    2. Even with a one-shot counter to executor, there is a high value in obtaining executor
    3. Given how a conquest unit, Second Sister's ship is sold as a two-shot counter to executor and one-shot everything else, my personal opinion is that CG will be nerfing FO or Echelon so that Executor remains a two-shot meta, because **** Ship is more premium than this (marquee / chase)
    4. Knowing the community, they'll find a way to make Second Sister's ship one-shot executor anyways imo, so i'd rather not see all executor counters nerfed until they decide to release the next meta
  • Options
    I don't think even CG is that bad at their job that they wouldn't know that FO can kill executor, its not like you are mixing and matching diffrent factions
  • Options
    What do you mean it can kill Exec easily?
    Ahnald couldn't replicate that, even with r8ing the pilots, as far as I remember.
  • Starslayer
    2420 posts Member
    Options
    From State of the galaxy, about subpar teams beating more expensive teams: “ the win rate and reliability of these matchup are also important factors. A consistent counter is more likely to see changes than one than is only sometimes possible”.
    It’s about squad and not fleet, but i guess it would be the same.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    1) they didn't test it

2) they are releasing it anyway because we can do the testing for them

3) for 1-2 weeks from now they are not going to address its performance and stay quiet to rake in all the spenders cash

4) in 1-2 weeks we'll get the 'Echelon is performing on a higher level than intended so we gonna nerf it' post

5) and of course there will be no refunds
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options

Source?

If you don't have one and this is opinion/guess by you, then you should indicate that..
  • Options
    mr37hat wrote: »
    mostly i'm speaking directly from a GA point of view. I feel like the meta should absolutely have counters. But for a "chase" ship to upgrade a decent fleet to 99% (made up number) win rate over the current meta seems a little beyond what I imagine CG would intend on what seems to still be a cash cow and a historically stale meta for that specific game mode. This mostly matters for GA as who cares what you're using to clime in Fleet Arena. I think we just deserve to know what their intent is here before we spend our money, because as you've seen they're not going to refund it if they do change it.

The issue right now, is that nobody knows what that % is ... Kinda doesn't make sense to be worried when we don't know if it is 1% or 99%
  • Options
    I don't think even CG is that bad at their job that they wouldn't know that FO can kill executor, its not like you are mixing and matching diffrent factions

Sadly this is same company that neglected to test qgj omicron against gl’s.

You’re right that not testing THE most obvious thing would be an act of immeasurable muppetry. But it just keeps happening.
  • Options
    Xcien wrote: »

I wouldn’t put it past CG to do it though. In fact, this might just give them the idea, if they didn’t already have it.

Not the point
    hello
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options

As it’s been said, it drops like a stone in arena so you better be using crystals to switch things back out.

Also, lord Vader with his requirements and cost say hello after getting beaten by marquee teams.

Fluidity and options in Fleet Arena and GAC are a good thing. There’s nothing wrong with having an option to finally counter executor so that we can have some different defenses set instead of the usual executor/negotiator nonesense over and over and over again.
  • Options

As it’s been said, it drops like a stone in arena so you better be using crystals to switch things back out.

Also, lord Vader with his requirements and cost say hello after getting beaten by marquee teams.

neither of these are the point

but ill play along are you happy with LV?
    hello
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Options

Lol, pretty sure his point was the part of the quote you deleted.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • mr37hat
    79 posts Member
    Options
    What do you mean it can kill Exec easily?
    Ahnald couldn't replicate that, even with r8ing the pilots, as far as I remember.

I don’t know what stream you were watching but Ahnald did exactly that, climbing easily from 50 to first place once he r7 his Hux. An r7 demolishing r9s repeatedly.

The issue right now, is that nobody knows what that % is ... Kinda doesn't make sense to be worried when we don't know if it is 1% or 99%

He never lost except maybe once once he r7 hux. That should not be hard to replicate
    "ooba... ooba"
  • Options
    ImaSmakya wrote: »

Irrelevant for arena investment and crystals
    hello
  • mr37hat
    79 posts Member
    Options
    Again I’m not judging whether it should or shouldn’t I just want that clarification from CG before they do another bait and switch with my investment. I think we deserve to know fully what we are paying for. It’s happened too much recently for me to not politely ask the question.
    "ooba... ooba"
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Options
    ImaSmakya wrote: »

Irrelevant for arena investment and crystals

Very relevant for GAC, which was in the part you deleted. If you think it is irrelevant for crystals, with GAC now being the major crystal income for players, you haven’t been paying attention.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.