Proving Grounds

Replies

• Rius
    387 posts Member
    Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    Is there anyone who unlocked CAT ftp who’s below 4M GP?

Those who had higher crystal income earlier on have, it was achievable. I developed my fleet to be able to achieve rank 1 only a few months ago as I started hitting my ceiling in GAC with less first place awards. If I had managed to get top 5 fleets sooner with the daily crystal payout I would easily be complete. First place rewards meant I could purchase shards every other day. But I did not realise I needed to rush it so much so unfortunately sometimes I used it for relic material refreshes, there was no reason to expect if shards were farmable by crystal the requirements would retrospectively be made much higher. So I prioritised getting my 501st clones to be able to earn KAM for the guild over purely focusing on CAT shards then unfortunately they started to be removed stopping progress. I at least have a heads up for malgus or will be >4M easily next year.

• Wed_Santa
    1027 posts Member
    Options
    I see a lot of players on this forum sagely (and let’s be honest, pompously) counsel newer and more impatient players that this is a resource management game and that it’s all about the choices you make. Well of course it is but I think that’s what feels so galling to many is when choice is denied. Why not give people the choice to have a crack? What possible benefit is there in gating this little catch up event?

On a related note, the argument that there is an equivalence with Conquest doesn’t hold up. Conquest is only gated for difficulty levels - it’s open to pretty much everyone to participate in, in some way. Proving grounds is straight up barred for everyone under 4m - which I believe is a first as an absolute gate in SWGOH. So, what makes PG so special as to warrant that unannounced raising of the bar? On first evidence, not a lot.
  • Options
    Personally, I think the 4m gp requirement is stupid (and i'm an almost 8m gp player). You can get shards of her from normal conquest, which doesn't require 4m gp. But clearly people have forgotten the days of waiting a year plus to get a 7* negotiator, 7* malelvolence, 7* gas, 7* malak.
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Thought there would be more outrage over the fact that players with them at 7* can still get shards. Huh.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Able-to-earn-shards-from-Proving-Grounds-when-unit-is-7/td-p/11526668

Why did you need to report it? There is stuff much more important to "fix". People earning some extra shard shop currency really won't hurt CG that badly.
  • Options
    zatho wrote: »
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Thought there would be more outrage over the fact that players with them at 7* can still get shards. Huh.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Able-to-earn-shards-from-Proving-Grounds-when-unit-is-7/td-p/11526668

Why did you need to report it? There is stuff much more important to "fix". People earning some extra shard shop currency really won't hurt CG that badly.

Boo. Bad droid.
  • Ghost666
    330 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Wed_Santa wrote: »
    Sorry but how is that patronising? (...) You don’t need GLs (although they make it much easier) and in my opinion there is no just reason for a GP gate. If anything, cG are denying themselves crystal income from the refresh.
    The patronising comes from saying "very easy"...when using a top of the line squad...which very few players will have. I may have missed something...but i dont think anyone cleared it with a RELIC3 team...without a GL. AFAIK you need either very high Relics or a GL...so "very easy" it isnt...and saying it is easy after you have a team that took long investment (either time or money) is patronising. VERY EASY means you can use something that was easy to get...anything is very easy with a R8 team or top GL.
    With the 4M requirement i agree...the requirement is to "force" players that made "surgical" upgrades and got a GL (or top team) with minimum investment to be unable to play the event...and "force" some of them to buy something for the extra GP. It is really unecessary...
    BTW...i have been trying to find a post that tells me the "right teams" or "strategy"...all i could find is people saying the teams wont work at lower relic level...so feel free to enlighten me on a team that can beat the event at Relic3 and no GL. I can make R5 on some teams...(unfornately...also no JKL or GAS...saw that)

• Ryche
    153 posts Member
    Options
    @Ryche

That Gamorrean Guard is a beast.

General Grievous is a better choice. :-P
  • Options
    Lumiya wrote: »
    Then it is absolutely a really unfair move of CG to make those shards available in normal/for normal players.
    We were told after a year those shards will be more available, people spent valuable in game currency(and maybe real money) to obtain more of her shards only to be then told: Nah, git gud... I mean bigger!
    We are constantly told that this is a resource management game and if our account lacks good mods or toons etc, that it is our fault for not managing our resources correctly. And yet here we are, with countless numbers of people whom now practically get told, they wasted those resources at that point in their roster developement, because until they can continue what they started or finish it, their roster will look totally different. And if they had known that a year ago they might have made a different choice concerning the usage of their valuable currency. It would have been better invested in something else, instead of something they will only be able to finish 2+ years after it came out/they started the farm.

"It'll take someone just under 1.5 years..."

Just? Even a GL farm is faster than this and on top of that you forgot those minimum 2 years before, for a new player to even get to 4M GP before they will be able to start. 3 1/2 for a character is absolutely stupid!

As for your argument about 4M GP being needed for hard Conquest:
    1st - then normal players should not get any shards, because they were not exclusive to hard mode players.
    2nd - I somewhere posted my opinion about this, don't know if you've read it. Short version: No! The moment CG decided to match us in GAC with everyone, no matter the GP, how long they play or what characters they have, the reasoning was GP doesn't matter or reflect a roster's strength.
    And yet all of a sudden we are not allowed to get certain characters to give us a fairer chance against our opponents who may have certain characters and the reasoning is GP matters.
    Aaah, yeah...

Last but not least: I think it's quite sad to see players trying to hog a character that was exclusive for at least a year and begrudge them. Why exactly?

1) The shards are more readily available, although I do believe they should also appear in one of the stores on top of proving grounds.

2) The primary exclusivity of new Conquest characters for people that can access Hard Mode is that they can get these characters in a minimum of 3 Conquests. Bearing in mind CG throws in ridiculous feats and enemy team modifiers to slow that down.

3) GL farming can vary on which GL you’re chasing. SLKR can be rushed in about 10 months, JML longer, and JMK and LV even longer than that. Half of the GLs can definitely take 1.5 years or more to unlock.

You can complain about the 4m GP requirement (said or unsaid on the part of CG), but the fact is it’s not going to change. Proving Grounds is clearly designed for people that either weren’t actively playing when RC and CAT were released or those who hit 4m GP after their initial release.
  • HKFactory
    375 posts Member
    Options
    Antario wrote: »
    HKFactory wrote: »
    I’m using a relic level 7 supreme leader Kylo against tier two and I still can’t beat maul.

Add Daka & Zombie to the line up to draw fire. And Wat if you want to feel extra safe. Then it's a cake walk.

I don’t have those characters at relic levels, and I only have a hand full of characters that are.
  • Wed_Santa
    1027 posts Member
    Options
    Ghost666 wrote: »
    Sorry but how is that patronising? (...) You don’t need GLs (although they make it much easier) and in my opinion there is no just reason for a GP gate. If anything, cG are denying themselves crystal income from the refresh.
    The patronising comes from saying "very easy"...when using a top of the line squad...which very few players will have. I may have missed something...but i dont think anyone cleared it with a RELIC3 team...without a GL. AFAIK you need either very high Relics or a GL...so "very easy" it isnt...and saying it is easy after you have a team that took long investment (either time or money) is patronising. VERY EASY means you can use something that was easy to get...anything is very easy with a R8 team or top GL.
    With the 4M requirement i agree...the requirement is to "force" players that made "surgical" upgrades and got a GL (or top team) with minimum investment to be unable to play the event...and "force" some of them to buy something for the extra GP. It is really unecessary...
    BTW...i have been trying to find a post that tells me the "right teams" or "strategy"...all i could find is people saying the teams wont work at lower relic level...so feel free to enlighten me on a team that can beat the event at Relic3 and no GL. I can make R5 on some teams...(unfornately...also no JKL or GAS...saw that)

There are a couple of other threads (I’m sure the mods will get round to merging) where people are posting success with CLS teams - so doable without GL and with a team that’s been around for yon time. Imperials too and of course GAS & JKL as you say. I’m sure more options will emerge - but folk can’t really expect just any R3 lineup to work. Think about the gap between qualifying for day 3po or Chewie events and what was needed to beat them - eg before the mando characters dropped in Chewie’s case. Unfortunately I don’t have crystals to waste on trying other lineups since my first attempts were ok but I’m sure persistence will pay off.
  • Ryche
    153 posts Member
    Options
    I found ITs worked well against Gideon in the RC battle, despite not going first. Then used SEE to solo the CAT battle. It is possible, but having super fast characters does help. For reference, my Piett had 346 speed under Veers lead, and I still won despite Gideon being faster. My SEE has 526.

Gideon always goes first. I used SLKR with 530 speed, gideon still went first.
  • LordDirt
    5144 posts Member
    Options
    I see a lot of players on this forum sagely (and let’s be honest, pompously) counsel newer and more impatient players that this is a resource management game and that it’s all about the choices you make. Well of course it is but I think that’s what feels so galling to many is when choice is denied. Why not give people the choice to have a crack? What possible benefit is there in gating this little catch up event?

On a related note, the argument that there is an equivalence with Conquest doesn’t hold up. Conquest is only gated for difficulty levels - it’s open to pretty much everyone to participate in, in some way. Proving grounds is straight up barred for everyone under 4m - which I believe is a first as an absolute gate in SWGOH. So, what makes PG so special as to warrant that unannounced raising of the bar? On first evidence, not a lot.

CG has always gated things. Sorry for my pompousness. ;)
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Wed_Santa
    1027 posts Member
    Options
    Have they? I’ve been playing the game on and off since November 2015 and I can’t recall a mode or event being gated arbitrarily by GP level. Player level - yes; specific character star and gear levels - yes but GP has been used to seed or spread players across different divisions or levels but not to bar them from participating at all. But perhaps I’ve missed that. Also those have tended to be chunky events and not just some little old catch up on shards event. It feels disproportionate.
  • LordDirt
    5144 posts Member
    Options
    Didn't say it was gated behind GP but Conquest is.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Have they? I’ve been playing the game on and off since November 2015 and I can’t recall a mode or event being gated arbitrarily by GP level. Player level - yes; specific character star and gear levels - yes but GP has been used to seed or spread players across different divisions or levels but not to bar them from participating at all. But perhaps I’ve missed that. Also those have tended to be chunky events and not just some little old catch up on shards event. It feels disproportionate.

Geonosis TB, certain legendary characters, every GL, Conquest. All gated behind either GP and/or gear requirements.

• Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    I’m using a relic level 7 supreme leader Kylo against tier two and I still can’t beat maul.

Add Daka & Zombie to the line up to draw fire. And Wat if you want to feel extra safe. Then it's a cake walk.

I don’t have those characters at relic levels, and I only have a hand full of characters that are.

It's ironic how both your Wat and Armorer are unlocked but on g1 lvl 1.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    6i44os.jpg
  • Wed_Santa
    1027 posts Member
    Options

Geonosis TB, certain legendary characters, every GL, Conquest. All gated behind either GP and/or gear requirements.

Guild GP for TB yes I concede that. But even then a player of any GP can join a guild if they let them and join in. Of course character and gear qualifications for other events but they make some sense. I still maintain this is a departure in that it doesn’t make any sense
  • zatchy
    132 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    12thParsec wrote: »
    4 million GP is fine

Lol you literally can’t find a single thing that you disagree with CG?

how they handle cheating
    not following up with gear promises from road ahead
    cost of refresh for proving grounds

i have a whole list but you never bother paying attention and think a moderator tag means i defend them blindly

You’ve defended how they’ve handled cheating before as well. Saying no smaller studios do more, or implying. You are nearly 100% for toeing the CG line in your paid gig.

Also feels like you try and draw out negative comments with your unnecessary posts which result in people saying stuff they shouldn’t so you can ban hammer folks.

These forums are kinda a joke between CG only communicating with random streamers and such and then mods in here banning anyone who steps outta line.
  • Options
    zatchy wrote: »
    4 million GP is fine

how they handle cheating

i have a whole list but you never bother paying attention and think a moderator tag means i defend them blindly

You’ve defended how they’ve handled cheating before as well. Saying no smaller studios do more, or implying. You are nearly 100% for toeing the CG line in your paid gig.

Also feels like you try and draw out negative comments with your unnecessary posts which result in people saying stuff they shouldn’t so you can ban hammer folks.

These forums are kinda a joke between CG only communicating with random streamers and such and then mods in here banning anyone who steps outta line.
    That’s not defending how they handle cheating. It’s trying to set realistic parameters for what we should expect.

The forums have always been a joke!
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    Ghost666 wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1K_kwy9TMc&ab_channel=Skelturix

CLS vs Gideon (no crazy high relics required as the most important thing is to keep Gideons TM stripped so he doesn't get a turn and remoralizes)

also CLS vs Maul (higher relics might be required to have enough dmg to shoot down Maul, but maybe also doable with smth like R3-4)

otherwise Padme is a natural counter to Maul and all the assist attacks feeding GK with bonus protection (modding GK for HP for more bonus protection since it's HP based)
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Ultra
    11587 posts Moderator
    edited May 2022
    Options
    4 million GP is fine

how they handle cheating

You’ve defended how they’ve handled cheating before as well. Saying no smaller studios do more, or implying. You are nearly 100% for toeing the CG line in your paid gig
    lol

I questioned someone claiming smaller studios are handling cheating better without having any data to back it up, but that doesn't mean I am defending CG's handling of cheating

I just don't like arguments created from made-up numbers and claims without any evidence to support the argument

And yes, mods do moderate people who step out of line because the line has been drawn and you shouldn't cross it

You can criticize CG all you want as long as it is within the Terms of Service (aka the line); Many have criticized CG without being moderated
  • zatchy
    132 posts Member
    Options
    4 million GP is fine

how they handle cheating

You’ve defended how they’ve handled cheating before as well. Saying no smaller studios do more, or implying. You are nearly 100% for toeing the CG line in your paid gig
    lol

I questioned someone claiming smaller studios are handling cheating better without having any data to back it up, but that doesn't mean I am defending CG's handling of cheating

I just don't like arguments created from made-up numbers and claims without any evidence to support the argument

And yes, mods do moderate people who step out of line because the line has been drawn and you shouldn't cross it

You can criticize CG all you want as long as it is within the Terms of Service (aka the line); Many have criticized CG without being moderated

And can you explain how your comment in this thread is helpful to the situation? You are not unbiased and if you draw ire of someone form your comment, do you ban them?

I think the mods should probably moderate and not post. Cause posting something without context or explanation that is clearly you siding with CG seems like the type of stuff that will draw out some unruly comments no?

Also saying provide examples when basically CG does nothing against cheaters is kinda hard to believe and regardless of how you feel, I’ll still think of that as defending them.

Their cheating measures are only talk to a dev on the forums who may or may not be active and won’t respond. Any company committing any resources to cheating is doing more than CG. So while I don’t have specifics I’d be shocked if some smaller companies / studios won’t doing a lot more. Nothing versus anything isn’t a large reach.
    5 posts Member
    Options
    4 million GP is fine

how they handle cheating

lol

You or other modders just deleted 3 hot topics about playerbase feedback on Proving grounds.There was around 400 messages,maybe more.The main opinions were 4mil gp should be lowered to 2 mil and return CAT to weekly shipments.I hope this feedback will be delivered to developers.
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Options
    1313 wrote: »
    4 million GP is fine

how they handle cheating

lol

You or other modders just deleted 3 hot topics about playerbase feedback on Proving grounds.There was around 400 messages,maybe more.The main opinions were 4mil gp should be lowered to 2 mil and return CAT to weekly shipments.I hope this feedback will be delivered to developers.

I think it got merged. This thread showed me 400 unread messages. But I was up to date on the last page
  • Options
    Not that it matters to anyone, especially CG, but Proving Grounds was the straw that broke my spirit that was hanging on by a thread. Utterly ridiculous way to make CAT "farmable", but exactly what I needed to convince me to finally delete the game from my device. Good luck to folks that believe that this direction is good and healthy for the game.
  • Lumiya
    1582 posts Member
    Options

GLs and Legendaries are not gated by GP.

The only one is Geo TB but that is a bit different, because it's the whole guild and not a single player. As a guild it's much easier to get the required GP.
    It is also a lot less that is required if you spread it across the guild. DS is 80M, that would be 1.6M per player, LS is 100M, that would be 2M per player.

As to the other points before, I had typed an answer but they merged the threads while I typed it seems, so it is gone now.

I'll try again:
    1)No they are not more readily available. They were in the rewards crates, in the Conquest store for crystals and tokens, then they were shortly in shipments. Everyone could get them! Now they are only in PG which is gated by GP. How is that more available?

2)And I ask you again why they even give shards out in normal if those people are not supposed to get those characters? Nobody denies the exclusive nature of those shards for hard mode players. And nobody said that was unfair. Everyone accepted that.
    What is unfair is that they had the character for a year now and the rest wanted to be able to start getting them too but they are now gated behind GP.
    Is it not enough to have had the character exclusively for a year or even longer? Why begrudge them still?

3) I don't think there is a need to split hairs how long exactly a GL farm takes. There are people who do it faster and there are people who need longer. That's not the point and you know it. Even if it would take 1.5 years for a GL... for a GL you need many characters at Relic levels, some very high, and ships etc. So that's not even closely comparable and yet again, it takes a lot shorter or maybe even the same time to get all that in comparison to 1 character.

I will do just that, thank you. How else am I supposed to be heard if I don't say anything? So yes, if I, as a customer, am not satisfied or have a problem or feedback, I will say something. After all, you can't expect others to read your mind. 😉

We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    Ryche wrote: »
    I found ITs worked well against Gideon in the RC battle, despite not going first. Then used SEE to solo the CAT battle. It is possible, but having super fast characters does help. For reference, my Piett had 346 speed under Veers lead, and I still won despite Gideon being faster. My SEE has 526.

Gideon always goes first. I used SLKR with 530 speed, gideon still went first.

Han shot first
    This is the Way
  • Options
    4 million GP is fine

how they handle cheating

lol

nothing wrong with being moderated, I thought it was quite exhilarating and I learnt a new word at the same time
    This is the Way
  • HKFactory
    375 posts Member
    Options
    Legend91 wrote: »

It's ironic how both your Wat and Armorer are unlocked but on g1 lvl 1.

There’s nothing ironic about it? What are you on about?