Proving Grounds

191011121315Next

Replies

• LordDirt
    5144 posts Member
    Options
    So what happens if the low or remove the GP requirement? Then the people will complain that it is too hard and they can't complete it or the GP needs to be lowered more. Round and round we go.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    So what happens if the low or remove the GP requirement? Then the people will complain that it is too hard and they can't complete it or the GP needs to be lowered more. Round and round we go.

Agreed. People complain enough on how difficult certain legendary and GL events are even after meeting the gear minimum. More people will complain if more get locked behind a GP minimum like GAS/Malak.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    Lumiya wrote: »
    Wed_Santa wrote: »
    Have they? I’ve been playing the game on and off since November 2015 and I can’t recall a mode or event being gated arbitrarily by GP level. Player level - yes; specific character star and gear levels - yes but GP has been used to seed or spread players across different divisions or levels but not to bar them from participating at all. But perhaps I’ve missed that. Also those have tended to be chunky events and not just some little old catch up on shards event. It feels disproportionate.

Geonosis TB, certain legendary characters, every GL, Conquest. All gated behind either GP and/or gear requirements.

GLs and Legendaries are not gated by GP.

The only one is Geo TB but that is a bit different, because it's the whole guild and not a single player. As a guild it's much easier to get the required GP.
    It is also a lot less that is required if you spread it across the guild. DS is 80M, that would be 1.6M per player, LS is 100M, that would be 2M per player.

As to the other points before, I had typed an answer but they merged the threads while I typed it seems, so it is gone now.

I'll try again:
    1)No they are not more readily available. They were in the rewards crates, in the Conquest store for crystals and tokens, then they were shortly in shipments. Everyone could get them! Now they are only in PG which is gated by GP. How is that more available?

2)And I ask you again why they even give shards out in normal if those people are not supposed to get those characters? Nobody denies the exclusive nature of those shards for hard mode players. And nobody said that was unfair. Everyone accepted that.
    What is unfair is that they had the character for a year now and the rest wanted to be able to start getting them too but they are now gated behind GP.
    Is it not enough to have had the character exclusively for a year or even longer? Why begrudge them still?

3) I don't think there is a need to split hairs how long exactly a GL farm takes. There are people who do it faster and there are people who need longer. That's not the point and you know it. Even if it would take 1.5 years for a GL... for a GL you need many characters at Relic levels, some very high, and ships etc. So that's not even closely comparable and yet again, it takes a lot shorter or maybe even the same time to get all that in comparison to 1 character.

I will do just that, thank you. How else am I supposed to be heard if I don't say anything? So yes, if I, as a customer, am not satisfied or have a problem or feedback, I will say something. After all, you can't expect others to read your mind. 😉

Have you tried the event....

Its funny.

A gl kebobi + cat team walks over the first one and holds its ground for the 3 star win on the second... short of that, its a rough fight
  • WMboss2
    55 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    4m gp requirement is ridiculous, looks like I’m not getting any CAT shards any time soon
  • Options

Removing the GP requirement, the difficulty is the barrier. Obviously. How is this a difficult concept? :joy: How much longer of an exclusivity do you need or are you so terrified of 3 mil gp players getting CAT?
    It won't negatively impact you if CAT is obtainable by someone with 3.5 mil gp. It won't negatively impact you if CAT is obtained by someone with 2 mil gp. It has nothing to do with you whatsoever.

I find it hilarious that you're complaining about ppl complaining and making a ridiculous argument that they shouldn't remove an arbitrary gp gate only to prevent future complaints :joy: that's just silly.
  • Rius
    387 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Options

Or they remove it and we demonstrate how arbitrary a GP requirement is by earning our shards 👍.
  • Options
    So this event is supposed to be exclusively for people who don't have these Conquest characters/ships at 7 stars, but the people who got to get extra shards/blueprints even though they already have the 2 at 7 stars get to keep them, and the rest of us get diddly squat? Why, oh why, am I getting Malak flashbacks...
  • Lumiya
    1582 posts Member
    Options

Lol no. Maybe then some people will be able to prove that GP is not a measurement.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Lumiya
    1582 posts Member
    Options
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Have they? I’ve been playing the game on and off since November 2015 and I can’t recall a mode or event being gated arbitrarily by GP level. Player level - yes; specific character star and gear levels - yes but GP has been used to seed or spread players across different divisions or levels but not to bar them from participating at all. But perhaps I’ve missed that. Also those have tended to be chunky events and not just some little old catch up on shards event. It feels disproportionate.

Geonosis TB, certain legendary characters, every GL, Conquest. All gated behind either GP and/or gear requirements.

The only one is Geo TB but that is a bit different, because it's the whole guild and not a single player. As a guild it's much easier to get the required GP.
    It is also a lot less that is required if you spread it across the guild. DS is 80M, that would be 1.6M per player, LS is 100M, that would be 2M per player.

As to the other points before, I had typed an answer but they merged the threads while I typed it seems, so it is gone now.

I'll try again:
    1)No they are not more readily available. They were in the rewards crates, in the Conquest store for crystals and tokens, then they were shortly in shipments. Everyone could get them! Now they are only in PG which is gated by GP. How is that more available?

2)And I ask you again why they even give shards out in normal if those people are not supposed to get those characters? Nobody denies the exclusive nature of those shards for hard mode players. And nobody said that was unfair. Everyone accepted that.
    What is unfair is that they had the character for a year now and the rest wanted to be able to start getting them too but they are now gated behind GP.
    Is it not enough to have had the character exclusively for a year or even longer? Why begrudge them still?

3) I don't think there is a need to split hairs how long exactly a GL farm takes. There are people who do it faster and there are people who need longer. That's not the point and you know it. Even if it would take 1.5 years for a GL... for a GL you need many characters at Relic levels, some very high, and ships etc. So that's not even closely comparable and yet again, it takes a lot shorter or maybe even the same time to get all that in comparison to 1 character.

I will do just that, thank you. How else am I supposed to be heard if I don't say anything? So yes, if I, as a customer, am not satisfied or have a problem or feedback, I will say something. After all, you can't expect others to read your mind. 😉

Its funny.

A gl kebobi + cat team walks over the first one and holds its ground for the 3 star win on the second... short of that, its a rough fight

Wow, you know I have not tried the event because I am not allowed to. But I can tell you, I know I could beat it. I see what people used and I have what is needed to beat it. More than one team actually.

And even if I couldn't, what's it to you? If someone with lower GP wants to try it, where is the problem? Either they succeed or they fail. What has anything of that to do with you?
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • HKFactory
    375 posts Member
    Options
    I don’t get why the enemy team really needs a bonus modifier while my team gets nothing but a global modifier with the specific intent of hindering me, purely to make it more arbitrarily difficult than it needs to be, when this proving grounds event is meant to be a means of catching up on getting conquest ships and characters that players may have missed or not been able to unlock the first time around is it not? Is it not enough that it’s already going to be a massive time investment for a lot of players?
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Options

I'll try again:

Its funny.

Wow, you know I have not tried the event because I am not allowed to. But I can tell you, I know I could beat it. I see what people used and I have what is needed to beat it. More than one team actually.

And even if I couldn't, what's it to you? If someone with lower GP wants to try it, where is the problem? Either they succeed or they fail. What has anything of that to do with you?

I also shouldnt be allowed to. Says once you have 330 shards it should be locked. I have both at 7 stars

To your questions, i could care less. I still feel springing 4mil gp on people who already started planning is bad
  • Braezac
    36 posts Member
    Options
    When did this even occur? I'm a 4mm GP player with neither CAT/RC at 330 shards and it never showed in my Events....
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    Dianora wrote: »
    Hev_Daman wrote: »
    What was originally communicated as requirements:
    I mean, I could almost understand if the GP requirement was 2M (the barrier for Normal Conquest). That at least would be "understandable."

There's no GP requirement for Normal Conquest, you just have to beat Easy. I've been doing it since ~1M. I think originally you got grandfathered into Normal if you were at 2M+ when they created the Easy tier but the only requirement now is 4M GP (and beat Normal) for Hard.

U forget that u no longer get CAT shards in hard mod. This is an issue about catch up. And guess what...

If ur into malgus now or dont have any of the Conquest toon from previous round, get ready for the same grind moving forward.

Don't get conquest during the period. Wait one year to be moved to proving ground (more like garbage ground)

And then another 17 months

IF ur at 4 mil GP...

That would round up to... 2.5 years??
    Now where would the power creep be at that point of time? Might as well give up, get to 4 mil GP and grind for the newest conquest toon?
  • Rius
    387 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    I also realized using 4M GP as a requirement does not mimic hard conquest entry requirements as some have tried to defend. I know players who meet this requirement who have not completed 'normal' yet and therefore are not able to do 'hard' conquest. Where as I have completed normal and just waiting to meet the GP requirement to do hard.
  • Picollo
    41 posts Member
    Options
    CG instantly adresses the "bug" that made people play the event even with 7 star characters. But they've completely ignored the "bug" that made it locked behind 4m gp. I see it as a bug until they officially say something about it. Similar to the normal conquest bug that locked it at 2m gp.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    Imho... Just let those with no cat try the event. Why lock it at 4 mil
  • Picollo
    41 posts Member
    Options
    I went from 3.4m to 4m with pure bloat just to do the event and i 3 stared the cat event in 2nd attempt and 2 stared the RC event in attempt 30 or so. So 4m gp is not needed.
  • Options
    Guys...Help :(( ohwbcylleivh.jpg
  • Rius
    387 posts Member
    Options

Picollo wrote: »
    I went from 3.4m to 4m with pure bloat just to do the event and i 3 stared the cat event in 2nd attempt and 2 stared the RC event in attempt 30 or so. So 4m gp is not needed.

Well done I barely got to 3.7M in the end from 3.4M, but I was trying to still invest in what I am currently working towards, I focused on ships but I did not have enough resources stashed to go further, I have 5 ships midway 6-7 star already level 85 and 4 days is not enough to get them finished to 7 star. Probably still a few months as I farm in parallel to save on refreshes. And about to unlock RC once I finish BAM maybe that will carry me the rest of the way for future events.
  • Picollo
    41 posts Member
    Options
    Rius wrote: »
    Picollo wrote: »

Well done I barely got to 3.7M in the end from 3.4M, but I was trying to still invest in what I am currently working towards, I focused on ships but I did not have enough resources stashed to go further, I have 5 ships midway 6-7 star already level 85 and 4 days is not enough to get them finished to 7 star. Probably still a few months as I farm in parallel to save on refreshes. And about to unlock RC once I finish BAM maybe that will carry me the rest of the way for future events.

Thanks. Well I had maybe also a bit too much stashed. Had over 200m credits (45m now) I found that getting all the ships unlocked and gearing the pilots to 7-8 gave tons of gp. Its useless GP in sense of building a good account, but I guess worth it to get CAT. I also found that SEE could fairly easy do the CAT event. I tried many things for the RC event but found that empire troopers with vader and thrawn could do it with good RNG.
  • Options

Using a CAT team for an event to get CAT.........lololol.
  • Whatelse73
    2209 posts Member
    Options

Using a CAT team for an event to get CAT.........lololol.

Don't worry though, they fixed that so next time no one else can participate. Players getting even a little benefit from a bug Crisis resolved!

Maybe now they'll have the time to fix the months old Malevolence assist bug that seriously reduces the ability to counter anything since player controlled ships aren't assisting like they should? It's a stretch but I'm feeling optimistic and before 2024, it'll be fixed.
  • PumaK
    301 posts Member
    Options

I'll try again:

Its funny.

And having a Tesla help to have a Tesla, you only need a Tesla for that
  • Options
    PumaK wrote: »

I'll try again:

Its funny.

And having a Tesla help to have a Tesla, you only need a Tesla for that
    I also found the best way to attract a girlfriend in college was to have a girlfriend. Simple, really.