Did CG really break their promise regarding gear changes?

12346Next

Replies

• Options
    Huh. Never thought I’d see the day the forums believe a dev post word for word.

Strange, I seem to recall you’re the one always the one demanding evidence when people makes a claim. Never thought I’d see the day indeed.
    Ok - where’s the evidence that they dropped them because whales got angry?
    Nice try shifting this around. You claimed CG dropped tournaments because cheating. The official reason was people stopping playing.
    You claimed that if whales stand firm datacrons will get scrapped, like tournaments did. Insinuating that tournaments got scrapped for that reason. Neither of our reasons are what was stated in the official explanation though.

Have a think about this for a second…

In a thread where people are discussing whether or not CG “lied” in their State of the Gearlaxy post - the overwhelming sentiment being that they are not to be trusted - you are suggesting that we must trust implicitly what they said in a different post?

Their explanation for why they dropped tournaments is a load of business meeting waffle. They don’t mention the cheating / collusion because it’s bad for them to admit they can’t do anything to address it. They don’t mention the lack of anyone making purchases because it’s bad for them to admit they designed a bad game mode that customers didn’t invest in.

What we should be focusing on is how often they said they heard the forum feedback “loud and clear”. And we should be asking ourselves… was the forum feedback on tournaments as loud and as clear as it has been for datacrons? Because if it was, and the devs don’t change datacrons, then that’s further proof that what they say in their announcement posts is not always genuine.

I hear you. I will break down my answer in different parts just to make myself as clear as possible.
    I don’t trust anything CG says anymore, they proven time and time again that they can’t be trusted.
    Of course they’d prefer if people don’t cheat but CG aren’t competent enough to actually fix it. I believe you when you say cheating/collusion was the reason for it to be canceled even though CG would never admit it. In their words they canceled it because people stopped playing it. And people probably stopped playing it because the collusion/cheating/grindyness. Would CG care if every f2p would stop play it but all the whales continued? I can’t say for certain but given CG track record they would be happy enough if the whales continued and the money poured in.

The reason I targeted you with the “this is what CG said” is because you are usually very binary when it comes to insinuating other forum members are liars when they don’t show a verbatim quote from CG and this time you made unsubstantiated claims without proof. Maybe this was a bit childish of me and uncalled for but I thought that would maybe cause you to stop and reflect upon your behavior in the future. But in the end it really doesn’t matter.
  • Options
    Huh. Never thought I’d see the day the forums believe a dev post word for word.

Strange, I seem to recall you’re the one always the one demanding evidence when people makes a claim. Never thought I’d see the day indeed.
    Ok - where’s the evidence that they dropped them because whales got angry?
    Nice try shifting this around. You claimed CG dropped tournaments because cheating. The official reason was people stopping playing.
    You claimed that if whales stand firm datacrons will get scrapped, like tournaments did. Insinuating that tournaments got scrapped for that reason. Neither of our reasons are what was stated in the official explanation though.

Have a think about this for a second…

In a thread where people are discussing whether or not CG “lied” in their State of the Gearlaxy post - the overwhelming sentiment being that they are not to be trusted - you are suggesting that we must trust implicitly what they said in a different post?

Their explanation for why they dropped tournaments is a load of business meeting waffle. They don’t mention the cheating / collusion because it’s bad for them to admit they can’t do anything to address it. They don’t mention the lack of anyone making purchases because it’s bad for them to admit they designed a bad game mode that customers didn’t invest in.

What we should be focusing on is how often they said they heard the forum feedback “loud and clear”. And we should be asking ourselves… was the forum feedback on tournaments as loud and as clear as it has been for datacrons? Because if it was, and the devs don’t change datacrons, then that’s further proof that what they say in their announcement posts is not always genuine.

The reason I targeted you with the “this is what CG said” is because you are usually very binary when it comes to insinuating other forum members are liars when they don’t show a verbatim quote from CG and this time you made unsubstantiated claims without proof. Maybe this was a bit childish of me and uncalled for but I thought that would maybe cause you to stop and reflect upon your behavior in the future. But in the end it really doesn’t matter.
    Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery! I’ve created life! Fly, fly my pretty! 😉

I understand what you’re saying about my usual forum strategy, but often people are just flat out lying about what they claim CG has said or done.

And wasn’t it at least a little satisfying when you found the quote that proved me wrong, at least on the surface?!