Did CG really break their promise regarding gear changes?

Prev134
So some guy goes to the Star Wars convention and asks CG when are you going to implement the other changes to gear economy as promised.

A CG representative replies 'We have.'

Then the convention goer shows a thread where further changes were promised. This was then picked up by certain youtubers who love to fight with CG and bam a fire was started.

Now we have a lot of players shouting 'CG broke their promise!' I'm sure most of these witch finders have less clarity on the matter than I do. And I am totally in the dark.

Now, a Hynesy/Crumb stream is being quoted as a source of further broken promises.

However, I remember the last Doja/Crumb/Hynesy/Drunk Ranger stream. In that Crumb was very specific.

'We don't want to rush gear changes because (blah blah blah rubbish reasons) so here's what we intend to do:

In that, he was quite specific. The idea was to make some changes until CG was happy with the balance. If further changes were needed, then they'd make them.

So that's how I understood the situation, and with that for good or for worse they kept their promise.........from my perspective. They had a list of changes, they did some until happy and stopped. As I understood was their intention.

So to clarify, can somebody who's shouting 'CG broke their promise' actually supply promised changes that weren't issued?

I'm not saying they don't exist, just I'm a bit doubtful as what Crumb said in a previous stream, seems accurate to our current situation.

Replies

• WookieWookie
    1107 posts Member
    edited July 30
    @CG_SBCrumb:

dc071297492f69c03c9b5cbb9ddb1ffd2721ff52.gifv

Me, a launch player, a sceptic of the acceptability of current state of the gear-laxy, but a fan of Crumb and SWGOH *Edit: and a huge fan of communication:

i-dont-dont.gif
  • The Phase 1 Changes they completed certainly did add a lot of Core Gear relief. I suppose that's what was intended.
  • TVF
    31990 posts Member
    I'd say given the impact of the core gear increase we got, they gave us like 75% of phase 1.

(1) There's already a couple of shard shop slots that are core gear most of the time
    (2) Not exactly sure what this one means honestly
    (3) Most good/new characters end up on nodes without core gear anyway
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of the change to the shipment tab. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    31990 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Screerider wrote: »
    Phase 1 Items not delivered: (1) a dedicated spot for Core Gear in Shard Shop, (2) Territory Battle flattening of Core Gear rewards, and (3) doubling the Core Gear drop rate on Hard nodes with Character shards.

Meh. I'm good.

Cool, you’re good, but the majority of the community is not good with them not delivering on the rest of P1 and zero information or implementation on P2

Can we see your data please?
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of the change to the shipment tab. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • You can now get gear from conquest and the daily challenges have stun guns, cuffs and mk5 droid callers. These were recent additions.

What else are we asking for?
  • TVF wrote: »
    Phase 1 Items not delivered: (1) a dedicated spot for Core Gear in Shard Shop, (2) Territory Battle flattening of Core Gear rewards, and (3) doubling the Core Gear drop rate on Hard nodes with Character shards.

Meh. I'm good.

Cool, you’re good, but the majority of the community is not good with them not delivering on the rest of P1 and zero information or implementation on P2

Oh I’m sure the CC’s and their viewers, Reddit, and the forums saying as such must be my imagination. My mistake
  • TVF
    31990 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Meh. I'm good.

Oh I’m sure the CC’s and their viewers, Reddit, and the forums saying as such must be my imagination. My mistake

I didn't say you were wrong, I asked for your data.
  • TVF
    31990 posts Member
    Majority means greater than 50% so I'd just like you to show us the numbers.
  • Screerider wrote: »
    The Phase 1 Changes they completed certainly did add a lot of Core Gear relief. I suppose that's what was intended.

You suppose.
  • Rius
    219 posts Member
    I would be happy for them to scrap all what’s left of phase 1, if they increase drop rate of shockprods and kybertechs in phase 2. Or add more to a reward box somewhere. I am bored of being stuck on them constantly. Hopefully since this has been under consideration for sooo long they will have numbers to tackle the subsequent bottle neck to carbanti and stun guns without breaking the economy.

• Jakdnels
    661 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Majority means greater than 50% so I'd just like you to show us the numbers.

I have to assume the majority of players don't read the State of the Galaxy posts so they never knew what CG posted in the first place. So maybe Raven should have said 'a lot of the community' or 'the part of the community that reads the state of the Galaxy' instead of the majority, but that doesn't change the fact that CG hasn't delivered on what they posted... Which is ok. It's their game and they have a lot more access to data that might indicate the gear changes implemented has the economy where they want it. I think it kinda sucks that they haven't addressed it officially one way or the other though. Every time it comes up it's some unclear non-answer. But again... it's their game and they can communicate things how ever they feel best and we'll provide our feedback however we individually feel best.
  • They have been way too busy training Simple Jack on how to design their crappy LOTR game. E.T. on my old 2600 looks better.
  • Having a Phase 1 sort or implies a phase 2...we've have phase 1 but no phase 2. I still think CG could surprise us??? ****FB sings - if you wish upon a star- ******
  • zatchy wrote: »
    I’m like 99% sure @harvestmouse is a cg dev.

the other alternatives are CG either lied or forgot or planned to delay the future phase(s) for at least a year (which would again point to their inability to communicate effectively). Not a ton of middle ground here.

Another alternative is that we ..........erm ehhh uhhh erm they did what they did, felt that was enough and moved on. I personally, have seen a big difference on the crunch (then again I'm not a new player) and if we
    sorry! they went to the full lengths (all the phases mentioned plus further phases) isn't it excessive?

As I said in a previous topic, Mk 7 kyro shocks are more of a problem than I ever had with Mk5 SGs or Mk3 Carbs.

I guess the bottom line, is we.........SORRY!!! they could have communicated better. Maybe a dumb case of hoping the community would have forgotten.

• DarthBigdogVWW
    39 posts Member
    edited August 1
    I have mixed feelings on this. On one hand the changes they made combined with conquest loot really has helped a lot. On the other hand, I still have a ton of characters stuck at G12 waiting on the same gear, particularly gold furnaces and Kyros.

In June I stopped all gearing to hoard for Malgus. In six weeks starting from more or less zero, I saved enough to take him from 0 to R8. (Only spend was $9.99 conquest packs). I had an excess of 3 stun gun/carbs and enough finishers to take Cassian from G11 to R5 when the conquest ended. If I use that as a yardstick, I can take ~9 characters a year up to high relic for GL’s, capital ships, etc. Since there are over 200 characters in game, that is a 4% rate, meaning 25 yrs to develop a full roster.

Still seems a bit long for a mobile game, even one with a long a shelf life as SWGOH.
    Post edited by DarthBigdogVWW on
  • Engage
    176 posts Member
    It would be great if they would announce an improvement and work towards it instead of changing their mind or putting it on the back burner. Those state of the game updates are rubbish because they keep moving in a different direction from what was promised.
    We want the gear farming to not take weeks per gear piece. CG: *Here's Datacrons* Take it or leave it.
    404cc135a6864335e4f3e098c20da75a--funny-things-funny-stuff.jpg
  • Kyros are the worst thing they did with the gear crunch because we need far more of them than stun guns. How they were added to older characters as G13 finishers is fine, but new characters needing hundreds just to get to G11 is a joke.
    The two photos show how many kyros I need for Starkiller and GI, I need less kyros to get Rey.

hofxanixy63t.png
    25d1b4h9ao6a.png
  • Without even getting into future phases some of the things they specifically mentioned, for example adding more gear to hard nodes to make farming shards better, weren't done
  • Ultra
    9729 posts Moderator
    Without even getting into future phases some of the things they specifically mentioned, for example adding more gear to hard nodes to make farming shards better, weren't done

the only notable change for phase 1 that’s left is doubling the gear qty on hard nodes

which helps but barely moves the needle