Shard drop rate is toooooo low :(

Replies

  • TVF
    33714 posts Member
    Also you're using f2p wrong.

    1) You bought the HBD. You aren't f2p.
    2) f2p can and do spend crystals. They don't spend money.
    The CGDF requests that CG takes away everyone's Extra Life Charity Event rewards. We don't deserve them. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Also you're using f2p wrong.

    1) You bought the HBD. You aren't f2p.
    2) f2p can and do spend crystals. They don't spend money.

    How do you know money was spent? You can easily obtain it with Google opinions and google play store points.
  • TVF
    33714 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    TVF wrote: »
    Also you're using f2p wrong.

    1) You bought the HBD. You aren't f2p.
    2) f2p can and do spend crystals. They don't spend money.

    How do you know money was spent? You can easily obtain it with Google opinions and google play store points.

    This poster said they bought the HDB, that's how.
    The CGDF requests that CG takes away everyone's Extra Life Charity Event rewards. We don't deserve them. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • GegeGerard24
    172 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    TVF wrote: »
    Also you're using f2p wrong.

    1) You bought the HBD. You aren't f2p.
    2) f2p can and do spend crystals. They don't spend money.

    1) yes. I did buy hyperdrive bundle at 50%, but that's all. I havent bought anything else (i play casually). And yes, part of it was paid by my google play balance.

    2) Agree. But i dont think they spend crystal on refreshing attempts/nodes. I know because if i did, i wouldnt have any crystal left to do anything else. The game doesnt give much daily crystals. I think i have to wait for a week to get like 200ish crystals. And the refresh cost is like 25 crystals per refresh per node (i cant remember and too lazy to check now).

    So...of course there is and will never be an official confirmation from the game about it...but it is possible that peoples who refresh their node get an improved drop rate.

    Most of my unrefreshed nodes give (0/5) and you got the same experience too (i am talking about your "0/5 to start")...

    There is no way of denying it or confirming it though...
    Started to play: Oct 30, 2022 --- Ally code: 628-998-777 --- My links: swgoh.gg | youtube | My SWGOH journey
  • Darth_Pepé_8008
    269 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    @TVF I "bought" it, but the currency used was provided by Google. I'm really nitpicking tho as a favour to you.

  • TVF
    33714 posts Member
    So...of course there is and will never be an official confirmation from the game about it...but it is possible that peoples who refresh their node get an improved drop rate.

    Most of my unrefreshed nodes give (0/5) and you got the same experience too (i am talking about your "0/5 to start")...

    There is no way of denying it or confirming it though...

    Yes there is. You're wrong.
    The CGDF requests that CG takes away everyone's Extra Life Charity Event rewards. We don't deserve them. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    33714 posts Member
    @TVF I "bought" it, but the currency used was provided by Google. I'm really nitpicking tho as a favour to you.


    Poster said they spent money. Not f2p.
    The CGDF requests that CG takes away everyone's Extra Life Charity Event rewards. We don't deserve them. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    33714 posts Member

    2) Agree. But i dont think they spend crystal on refreshing attempts/nodes.

    You're wrong.
    The CGDF requests that CG takes away everyone's Extra Life Charity Event rewards. We don't deserve them. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • @TVF you're not wrong about drop rates tho
  • crzydroid
    6808 posts Moderator
    edited November 2022
    TVF wrote: »
    Also you're using f2p wrong.

    1) You bought the HBD. You aren't f2p.
    2) f2p can and do spend crystals. They don't spend money.

    1) yes. I did buy hyperdrive bundle at 50%, but that's all. I havent bought anything else (i play casually). And yes, part of it was paid by my google play balance.

    2) Agree. But i dont think they spend crystal on refreshing attempts/nodes. I know because if i did, i wouldnt have any crystal left to do anything else. The game doesnt give much daily crystals. I think i have to wait for a week to get like 200ish crystals. And the refresh cost is like 25 crystals per refresh per node (i cant remember and too lazy to check now).

    So...of course there is and will never be an official confirmation from the game about it...but it is possible that peoples who refresh their node get an improved drop rate.

    Most of my unrefreshed nodes give (0/5) and you got the same experience too (i am talking about your "0/5 to start")...

    There is no way of denying it or confirming it though...

    I hope you mean 2000ish. Because any daily level 85 player is getting 200 a day, at minimum. If you are in Carbonite, perhaps you might get just below that on days where there are no GAC round rewards and no login crystals. There are plenty of f2p that refresh nodes.
  • The thing is, even if you refresh once as a f2p because having hdb doesnt mean you are instantly a whale or light spender, you will get shards slower. You have to accept on average 2 months per character with 1 refresh and allocating things in a way that for example you skip spending any refresh for months on cantina energy. Double drops due to their shortness mean nothing honestly. How fast you get something done entirely depends on account age or gp. The rate at which you get character shards should be the least of your concern honestly if you look at the grand scheme of things.
  • GegeGerard24
    172 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    crzydroid wrote: »
    I hope you mean 2000ish. Because any daily level 85 player is getting 200 a day, at minimum. If you are in Carbonite, perhaps you might get just below that on days where there are no GAC round rewards and no login crystals. There are plenty of f2p that refresh nodes.

    No, as far as i know, my daily crystal source are just 55 daily carbonite and 40-50 or so complete daily quests.

    The complete daily quest had actually been good b4 i bought the hyperdrive bundle. It gave me 75 or so crystal per day.
    But after i bought it and became lvl85, it only gave 25 or so crystal per day.

    So my daily crystal gain is only 100 or so per day...i use some for refreshing the yellow energy sometimes = 50 crystals...so yes, i have to wait for a week to get 200-300 crystals

    You see, how can i afford to refresh the node.
    Or any F2P players in my shoes for that matter.



    Started to play: Oct 30, 2022 --- Ally code: 628-998-777 --- My links: swgoh.gg | youtube | My SWGOH journey
  • GegeGerard24
    172 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    This is conspiratorial hogwash. The drop rates are the same for all players regardless of whether or not they are p2p or f2p, regardless of whether or not their doing their first batch of 5 sims or a subsequent batch of 5.

    As a very new player, you seem to be jumping to conclusions very quickly when you have a vanishingly small evidence-base to support your claims.

    Trust the community - this has all been figured out many years ago. And look up “confirmation bias” too when you get the chance.

    The only ones who know are GOD and the programmers and they all say nothing about it.

    All the community can do is giving their opinion in yay or nay with their OWN thought (everybodies think what they think is true, defend it brutally in the forum as if they were the correct one, without knowing the truth...because there has not been a confirmation from the programmers).

    And of course, the fact that one starts to get tons of drops after having refreshed the node doesnt have anything to do with it, in your eyes...

    Started to play: Oct 30, 2022 --- Ally code: 628-998-777 --- My links: swgoh.gg | youtube | My SWGOH journey
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    I hope you mean 2000ish. Because any daily level 85 player is getting 200 a day, at minimum. If you are in Carbonite, perhaps you might get just below that on days where there are no GAC round rewards and no login crystals. There are plenty of f2p that refresh nodes.

    No, as far as i know, my daily crystal source are just 55 daily carbonite and 40-50 or so complete daily quests.

    The complete daily quest had actually been good b4 i bought the hyperdrive bundle. It gave me 75 or so crystal per day.
    But after i bought it and became lvl85, it only gave 25 or so crystal per day.

    So my daily crystal gain is only 100 or so per day...i use some for refreshing the yellow energy sometimes = 50 crystals...so yes, i have to wait for a week to get 200-300 crystals

    You see, how can i afford to refresh the node.
    Or any F2P players in my shoes for that matter.


    You get:

    55 daily from carbonite
    60 from completing daily activities
    25 from completing Galactic War
    5-100 from the daily activity prize box

    If you can push into top 50 in fleet you’ll get another 50 a day on top of that.
  • And of course, the fact that one starts to get tons of drops after having refreshed the node doesnt have anything to do with it, in your eyes...
    No, because you’ve drawn that conclusion of a vanishingly small amount of data.

    I’ve tracked well over a hundred character / ship farms. The lowest drop rate was 29% across the duration. The highest was 37%.
  • Alternatively, the player base could join together and crowd-source an enormous data set that tracks and verifies the drop rates. This has happened, more than once, and on each occasion the shard drop rate came out at around 33%.

    It will be difficult to convince you if you genuinely think that your thought / opinion on the drop rates is equally as valid as tens of thousands of data points from across the community. Observed fact is not the same as opinion.

    Have you read up on confirmation bias yet?

    Then in a way, you have supported my opinion.

    It is required to have a looooot of data to get that 33% means that it is required to have a looooot of refreshing the node...so, the one who doesnt refresh gets only (0/5).

    My experience says so and other too...
    Have you seen all my screenshots above?
    TVF wrote: »
    I did 25 sims on nuLeia today

    0/5 to start

    Then 3/5 (6), 2/5 (4), 2/5 (4), 2/5 (4)

    18 shards on 25 sims? Yes please.





    Started to play: Oct 30, 2022 --- Ally code: 628-998-777 --- My links: swgoh.gg | youtube | My SWGOH journey
  • GegeGerard24
    172 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    You get:

    55 daily from carbonite
    60 from completing daily activities <<< i try to verify this tomorrow. All i know is 1 or 2 crystals per quest (like do 1 galactic war, do 1 battle arena, do 6 light/dark battle etc and 25 or so as the final prize.)
    25 from completing Galactic War
    5-100 from the daily activity prize box <<< what?

    If you can push into top 50 in fleet you’ll get another 50 a day on top of that. <<< no i dont. Ive been trying but still cant.

    Doesnt matter...what matter is to me is i am always broke (crystal and credit wise)...i try to save, but somehow i cant...

    So, i presume others in my shoes have the same problem too...
    Refreshing the node is way beyond us...is like having a smart phone in a stone age...

    Or please, any F2P players who refresh their node, please give us your strategy at hoarding crystals...thanks.

    Started to play: Oct 30, 2022 --- Ally code: 628-998-777 --- My links: swgoh.gg | youtube | My SWGOH journey
  • Alternatively, the player base could join together and crowd-source an enormous data set that tracks and verifies the drop rates. This has happened, more than once, and on each occasion the shard drop rate came out at around 33%.

    It will be difficult to convince you if you genuinely think that your thought / opinion on the drop rates is equally as valid as tens of thousands of data points from across the community. Observed fact is not the same as opinion.

    Have you read up on confirmation bias yet?

    Then in a way, you have supported my opinion.

    It is required to have a looooot of data to get that 33% means that it is required to have a looooot of refreshing the node...so, the one who doesnt refresh gets only (0/5).

    My experience says so and other too...
    Have you seen all my screenshots above?
    TVF wrote: »
    I did 25 sims on nuLeia today

    0/5 to start

    Then 3/5 (6), 2/5 (4), 2/5 (4), 2/5 (4)

    18 shards on 25 sims? Yes please.
    Are you trolling?

    Hundreds of players contributed to these studies. Do you genuinely believe they all got 0/5 then after refreshing got lots of shards?

    I know for a fact TVF doesn’t always get 0/5 before refreshing, and I know that’s not what happens to me either. Or you. It might happen occasionally, but it’s madness to draw a conclusion off such scant evidence.

    Come back in a week and tell me you are still getting 0/5 on all of your farming attempts. I’ll take screenshots of my 2 active farms as well.

  • My experience says so and other too...
    Have you seen all my screenshots above?

    Today I got 16 shards on my first 5 sims of Bastilla (Fallen). I refreshed and got 0 shards. Looks like I've disproved your theory. Sorry.

  • GegeGerard24
    172 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    Are you trolling?

    Hundreds of players contributed to these studies. Do you genuinely believe they all got 0/5 then after refreshing got lots of shards?

    I know for a fact TVF doesn’t always get 0/5 before refreshing, and I know that’s not what happens to me either. Or you. It might happen occasionally, but it’s madness to draw a conclusion off such scant evidence.

    Come back in a week and tell me you are still getting 0/5 on all of your farming attempts. I’ll take screenshots of my 2 active farms as well.

    Lol...this is not a matter of "always" or "not always"...
    Of course its not...lol...

    It is the matter of the frequency...

    Ive had 3 nodes yesterday ALONE (and ypu are talking about in a week...lol) which produced (0/5), see previous post (with screenshot) please, b4 judging me anything...lol...

    How many data are we talking about? Thousands?...millions?

    Lets say...1000 datas alone...
    It means i need 1000 days to get close to 330 shards (33%), right? (Since i dont refresh, i stick to only 5 allowed hard battles everyday)

    The ones who refresh 4 times a day can get that amount in only 250 days...

    You see right? The one who doesnt refresh gets those 67% of (0/5) in 670 days!
    No wonder right, if i get that often?

    Or you dont see that?

    Started to play: Oct 30, 2022 --- Ally code: 628-998-777 --- My links: swgoh.gg | youtube | My SWGOH journey
  • GegeGerard24
    172 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    DMG_SW wrote: »
    Today I got 16 shards on my first 5 sims of Bastilla (Fallen). I refreshed and got 0 shards. Looks like I've disproved your theory. Sorry.

    As the one above you (the one commented above your comment) have said, small data is not enough...lol (i am just quoting his cmt)

    BTW...read my cmt obove this about the frequency.
    Started to play: Oct 30, 2022 --- Ally code: 628-998-777 --- My links: swgoh.gg | youtube | My SWGOH journey
  • TVF
    33714 posts Member
    DMG_SW wrote: »

    My experience says so and other too...
    Have you seen all my screenshots above?

    Today I got 16 shards on my first 5 sims of Bastilla (Fallen). I refreshed and got 0 shards. Looks like I've disproved your theory. Sorry.

    Or you're a whale.
    The CGDF requests that CG takes away everyone's Extra Life Charity Event rewards. We don't deserve them. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Are you trolling?

    Hundreds of players contributed to these studies. Do you genuinely believe they all got 0/5 then after refreshing got lots of shards?

    I know for a fact TVF doesn’t always get 0/5 before refreshing, and I know that’s not what happens to me either. Or you. It might happen occasionally, but it’s madness to draw a conclusion off such scant evidence.

    Come back in a week and tell me you are still getting 0/5 on all of your farming attempts. I’ll take screenshots of my 2 active farms as well.

    Lol...this is not a matter of "always" or "not always"...
    Of course its not...lol...

    It is the matter of the frequency...

    Ive had 3 nodes yesterday ALONE (and ypu are talking about in a week...lol) which produced (0/5), see previous post (with screenshot) please, b4 judging me anything...lol...

    How many data are we talking about? Thousands?...millions?

    Lets say...1000 datas alone...
    It means i need 1000 days to get close to 330 shards (33%), right? (Since i dont refresh, i stick to only 5 allowed hard battles everyday)

    The ones who refresh 4 times a day can get that amount in only 250 days...

    You see right? The one who dont refresh gets those 67% of (0/5) in 670 days!
    No wonder right, if i get that often?

    Or you dont see that?

    You need 1000 battles at 33% drop rate. Simming 5/day means 200 days, assuming a perfect probability result.
    Refreshing once a day should cut that to 100 days.

    Refresh what you can afford, and build up your crystal income.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • Are you trolling?

    Hundreds of players contributed to these studies. Do you genuinely believe they all got 0/5 then after refreshing got lots of shards?

    I know for a fact TVF doesn’t always get 0/5 before refreshing, and I know that’s not what happens to me either. Or you. It might happen occasionally, but it’s madness to draw a conclusion off such scant evidence.

    Come back in a week and tell me you are still getting 0/5 on all of your farming attempts. I’ll take screenshots of my 2 active farms as well.

    Lol...this is not a matter of "always" or "not always"...
    Of course its not...lol...

    It is the matter of the frequency...

    Ive had 3 nodes yesterday ALONE (and ypu are talking about in a week...lol) which produced (0/5), see previous post (with screenshot) please, b4 judging me anything...lol...

    How many data are we talking about? Thousands?...millions?

    Lets say...1000 datas alone...
    It means i need 1000 days to get close to 330 shards (33%), right? (Since i dont refresh, i stick to only 5 allowed hard battles everyday)

    The ones who refresh 4 times a day can get that amount in only 250 days...

    You see right? The one who dont refresh gets those 67% of (0/5) in 670 days!
    No wonder right, if i get that often?

    Or you dont see that?
    No, I don’t see that.

    I have a degree in Mathematics though, so I do see several issues with your figures.

    1) you do not need 1000 days. You need around 1000 attempts (assuming you’re farming someone that isn’t accelerated ie dropping 2 shards per hit). If you’re doing 5 a day that’ll take roughly 200 days.

    2) people refreshing 4 times a day (I don’t do that, I rarely go past 2 refreshes a day or 15 attempts) STILL need around 1000 attempts to get 330 shards. But because they’re doing 25 attempts per day it’ll take them around 40 days (it takes me around 67 days).

    3) I have absolutely no idea what you’re taking about with 67% in 670 days. Your other numbers are wrong but I can at least see where they came from. I’m at a loss for these.
  • Starslayer
    2094 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    Are you trolling?

    Hundreds of players contributed to these studies. Do you genuinely believe they all got 0/5 then after refreshing got lots of shards?

    I know for a fact TVF doesn’t always get 0/5 before refreshing, and I know that’s not what happens to me either. Or you. It might happen occasionally, but it’s madness to draw a conclusion off such scant evidence.

    Come back in a week and tell me you are still getting 0/5 on all of your farming attempts. I’ll take screenshots of my 2 active farms as well.

    Lol...this is not a matter of "always" or "not always"...
    Of course its not...lol...

    It is the matter of the frequency...

    Ive had 3 nodes yesterday ALONE (and ypu are talking about in a week...lol) which produced (0/5), see previous post (with screenshot) please, b4 judging me anything...lol...

    How many data are we talking about? Thousands?...millions?

    Lets say...1000 datas alone...
    It means i need 1000 days to get close to 330 shards (33%), right? (Since i dont refresh, i stick to only 5 allowed hard battles everyday)

    The ones who refresh 4 times a day can get that amount in only 250 days...

    You see right? The one who doesnt refresh gets those 67% of (0/5) in 670 days!
    No wonder right, if i get that often?

    Or you dont see that?

    I’ve been farming 50R-T without refreshes for about 6 months now and had a drop rate between 30 and 35%.
    Lots of theories were thrown out there concerning drop rates since the beginning of the game, this one included. They were all disproved by hard data collected by players.

    And about crystal: you will get 150 crystals a day on average just with gac. On average, because there are daily crystal, end of round, end of event, end of gac. You need to manage them accordingly. At your level of play, you might not need to refresh nodes and only refresh various energies. But you definitely could if you wanted to.
  • He's just trolling at this point
  • nfidel2k
    156 posts Member
    edited November 2022
    Edit: never mind, there’s no need to pile on.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
This discussion has been closed.