Nauros wrote: »
    nfidel2k wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Tell me, how long have you been playing this game? The factions will move, that's pretty much a given, but it ain't gonna be to something more people have. In fact, it will make long term planning harder - instead of a known set of factions to aim for, there will be constant flux and uncertainty.

I think it's safe to assume that any future raids will have one strong factions + stragglers. Krayt allows Hutt Cartel which lots of people have now thanks to Jabba - and many people have at least a couple of Hutt Cartel units thanks to other requirements.

With regard to constant flux and uncertainty, I would echo your own question - How long have you been playing this game? Keeping players off-balance is an established MO. They'll throw a variety of shiny new toons/factions out there and put us in a situation where we have to pick which to work on first. This is classic CG - it doesn't seem in any way different from how they've operated in the past. That's part of the challenge of the game.

The crucial difference is that up to now, the new goals stayed. You work towards the new TB to farm GET3 but once you get there, you have it. With the new Raid system, you work towards the Krayt dragon to get the new currency, but it gets taken away when a new raid comes out. And it seems that new raids will be added faster than before.

Where did it say the new raid currency is taken away when they switch to a newer raid?

In the RA.

Perhaps you can be more specific, because the only thing I see is this:
    Rewards also include new Raid Currency that can be used to purchase items from Shipments.
    This special Raid Currency can only be earned from the Featured Raid (the latest Raid released)

There's nothing that says they will create new raid currency for each new raid, nor do I expect them to. It's possible, but I think unlikely, and even if so, there's nothing there that supports your position that they said they're definitely doing so.

That quote literally says that the currency will only be earned from the latest raid. So it will be earned from Krayt now, but when a new one is released, it will move there. Not sure where you got anything about any new currency for each raid.
    Actually it’s ambiguous. Technically the quote says the new currency will be available from the new raid, and not the legacy raids. But it doesn’t specify that it will only be available from whatever the newest raid is down the road. So wait and see.

Not really, the wording is clear enough. It will be the Featured Raid, not raids going forward or something similar. You are really stretching the "wait and see" approach here.

LOL and you are complaining about a hypothetical situation that may or may not actually occur at a minimum of likely six to twelve months from now. Yes, one of us is stretching.

@Starson the text and the RA are referring to this set of releases. As I said, it is a bit ambiguous in how it is worded, but as there is no discussion of a Raid release schedule, future raids replacing these raids, etc. It’s a parenthetical expansion of thought. And since this would break from their existing pattern of keeping currency available in newer content and older content, my opinion is that it was poorly worded.

It's not at all ambiguous, and while there is no release schedule for future raids, they explicitly told us they are planning on making more raids in the future. Normally I would be with you that CG is bad at communication and they don't always say things very clearly, this statement they made about the new raid currency was in no way ambiguous.
  • Options
    Would it be foolish of me to suggest that we wait until this project goes live before we decide how good or bad it is?
  • Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Tsfletch wrote: »
    It seems obvious to me that they’re going to screw us over in the new raid system. If the worry/complaint is that multiple raids running simultaneously is overwhelming why not give the ability to sim all current raids the guild is finishing? Why remove Cpit entirely? Why even worry about “fixing” something that is voluntary in the first place? Guilds and players can do whatever raid schedule works for them, there’s no game mechanic forcing it. The whole idea is ridiculous but no one is noticing because they’re announcing a highly anticipated hero’s journey and 2 entirely new characters unrelated to said journey at the same time to distract people. That’s what, a year’s worth of updates normally all at once? Pardon my skepticism but it seems a little suspicious to me.

So much this. If turning the old raids into automated rewards dispensers worked so far, why overhaul the whole system? Unless, of course, there's some catch. I'm sure that they will make all they posted technically true, they have good practice with that, but I expect the reality to fall short of what we are getting now. At least for most non-whale guilds. Not to mention newer guilds getting srewed out of the new currency completely...

But that’s the game from the start. New stuff comes for those who already conquered the old stuff, and with new stuff new rewards. You’re motivated to gear new stuff so you can explore new content.

Yeah, and the new stuff usually stays there for others to reach it. Except for the raid currency, which will always move to the latest raid. Moving the goalposts is baked into the new system right from the start.

Re-reading this part of the RA, I see your point. I don’t master english enough to debate if it means that the raid money is for the new raids or the newest raid, even if I would be inclined to read it as you did. Still, the wait & see approach has its merits, as it all depends on the rewards bottom line.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Jkane wrote: »
    Would it be foolish of me to suggest that we wait until this project goes live before we decide how good or bad it is?

Unfortunately that's never been how this place works.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

Debating stuff before it goes live has its merits, things are easier to change while still in development. Otherwise, you just go from "wait and see" to "it is what it is".
  • Options

You must be new :joy:
  • Options
    Do we know the release date? Or a general time frame?
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Tell me, how long have you been playing this game? The factions will move, that's pretty much a given, but it ain't gonna be to something more people have. In fact, it will make long term planning harder - instead of a known set of factions to aim for, there will be constant flux and uncertainty.

I think it's safe to assume that any future raids will have one strong factions + stragglers. Krayt allows Hutt Cartel which lots of people have now thanks to Jabba - and many people have at least a couple of Hutt Cartel units thanks to other requirements.

With regard to constant flux and uncertainty, I would echo your own question - How long have you been playing this game? Keeping players off-balance is an established MO. They'll throw a variety of shiny new toons/factions out there and put us in a situation where we have to pick which to work on first. This is classic CG - it doesn't seem in any way different from how they've operated in the past. That's part of the challenge of the game.

The crucial difference is that up to now, the new goals stayed. You work towards the new TB to farm GET3 but once you get there, you have it. With the new Raid system, you work towards the Krayt dragon to get the new currency, but it gets taken away when a new raid comes out. And it seems that new raids will be added faster than before.

Where did it say the new raid currency is taken away when they switch to a newer raid?

In the RA.
    Morgoth01 wrote: »

Just like you worked on the teams and approach for LSTB, but now there’s a new TB and you need to focus new teams and strategy?

So really there’s no difference between new TB and new raid? ;)

I must have missed the part where it's no longer possible to get GET2 from LSTB.

Ah, I misunderstood your complaint. I agree with your reading that the new currency will move on to whatever the latest raid is, however I still disagree that it's a horrific new mechanic.
    My point was, and remains, that for most guilds the goal will be to master the newest content, hence when new content comes out, we develop new teams to fit that content and previously developed teams loose a lot of their relevance.
    Personally the teams I used for original Pit, HAAT, HSTR and even CPit have little relevance these days. They were groundbreaking to my account at the time, and lots of the toons still have merit, but not on par with their initial impact. As such, I see no big change.

You could claim that for smaller guilds there will be an impact as they will be slower to move on to the new shiny, which I guess is true. On the other hand, if CG are to be believed, they will still get more rewards overall from the new raid system, they just might be lacking the new currency.
    However final point on this is that as CG have stated you do not need to complete the raid to get rewards, any new raid will be much more accessible even upon initial launch to smaller guilds than what we have seen before.
    The horrorshow of guilds imploding due to inability to complete the final phase of CPit is something CG aims to remove, so that stability should benefit players more than the single detriment of a new currency will hurt players?
  • Options

According to this:
    It is going to be a busy quarter as we jump from Tatooine to Bracca to Kashyyyk and many more planets, but we’ll have another installment of Road Ahead in April where we will dive deeper into the new Raid and maybe drop a few more exciting announcements… so stay tuned!

Not until some time probably after April.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options

According to this:
    It is going to be a busy quarter as we jump from Tatooine to Bracca to Kashyyyk and many more planets, but we’ll have another installment of Road Ahead in April where we will dive deeper into the new Raid and maybe drop a few more exciting announcements… so stay tuned!

Not until some time probably after April.

Great thanks!
  • Options
    It says you can only get it from the latest raid, so if you're doing Krayt, you get the currency. Once they release a new raid, if you can't do that one, you are no longer getting it.

Except... I really don't see much problem here.

If you participate at all you get HAAT + PIT

If you participate successfully, you get HSTR

Whether you, personally, are successful at the raid or not, your guild progress on the raid grants you the new currency and whatever else the guild rewards include.

Does this mean that your rewards will temporarily drop for many people who brought the Krayt featured factions to relic but still have a patchy roster overall?

Absolutely.

Does it mean that they will no longer get ANY of the new currency (i.e. "you are no longer getting it"), no. Of course not.

The Krayt raid features one sexy, recent upgraded faction, and a bunch of older factions. I would expect that future raids would be set up similarly until I see evidence to the contrary.

For those with all GLs, there's no problem. You'll probably always have 1 GL eligible + you probably have a deep roster more generally.

For other people there are going to be some difficulties in transition, but they're clearly making it possible to participate and progress by tuning each new raid's easiest level to g10.

But assuming that CG announces new raids in advance the way they're announcing the Krayt raid in advance, that means you have time to get a bunch of toons to g10-g12. There will probably be 1-3 marquees for each new raid (based off this case of 2). There will be one GL, which, admittedly, takes a lot of work but also will come from a faction with a lot of firepower. You may go from owning the GL for one raid to not having an eligible GL for the next one.

But remember: your "new currency" comes from how well the guild as a whole performs. And those new currency rewards max out when the raid is defeated.

Your personal rewards are guaranteed to replace Pit & HAAT, so as long as you belong to a guild with a diverse set of GLs and medium to strong rosters, some group of folks in the guild will be killing the raid for you to get your new currency and the only worry at that point is whether your personal performance is enough to replace HSTR rewards.

It really looks to me like there will be few guilds whose performance falls so far that they can finish one raid but not the next. And while individual performances will definitely fall off for a lot of folks, that doesn't affect the New Currency.

In my view, the idea that NC would be taken away every time a new raid comes out is largely contrary to what I'm seeing in CG's information.

Could it happen that way? Yes. They could make make each raid insanely hard to beat for any but the strongest guilds, such that every time there's a new raid many guilds that were beating the old one will fail to beat the new one. AND it could even be so hard that guild progress for many guilds earns precisely zero of the new currency.

Is that the interpretation that makes the most sense based on what we have? No it is not.

While I cannot prove for certain that the statement about NC being taken away will not prove true for some guilds at some point, it's much more likely that medium strength guilds will take a mild to moderate dip in NC raid rewards but not entirely losing access to the currency, then getting it all back as teams are brought up to relic and strategies & theory crafting improve. I doubt strong guilds will notice much drop off at all, and quite a number of guilds at the top will never experience a drop, or if they do, they might experience one on the first 1-2 raids total, not needing new teams just needing to get up to speed on strategy.

• Options
    Yeah. You don't have to complete the Raid to get rewards. You'll still be getting the newest currency from the new Raid, even if you can't complete it.
  • Options
    I'm already guessing that Droids & Smugglers will be important factions in the not-too-distant future. The raid after Krayt, or the raid after that at the latest. They've been pushing Ins so hard that adding them to a faction list wouldn't be any incentive to gear them up, but Aphra's droids are still new-ish and hot, and they require a TON of Kyros, so there will still be a lot of folks that don't have 50R-T, BT, & 000 at relics, while also it's an older faction so including it would allow many people to at least participate in the raid. My guess is that they'll find a way to make Grievous less useful and 50R-T + the Aphra droids more useful, just to encourage spending.

Smugglers is an older and under geared faction, so it's also one that would allow people to participate with minimal Kyros (so it would be easy to get a full squad to g12 if you wanted to, now that we have most of the sub-g12 gear accelerated). And yet we just got Sana Starros as a new smuggler and leader who works well with Raid Han, Chewie, and StormTrooper Han. STHan doesn't have the Smuggler tag now, but he could get it and it wouldn't do anything to break the game. Or they could just put him on a list of special toons allowed even though they're not on the faction list (or they could do LS Scoundrels instead of Smugglers).

I would have been working on the new Aphra folks anyway, but bringing along STHan and a couple of other neglected droids (like T3 and Chopper) seem like good investments right now.

Of course most of us have lots of toons we still need to relic so there are lots of good investments left, but my point is that while things aren't perfectly predictable, you can use your downtime between GL chases to try to think like CG and get some older toons up to g12+0 to ease the transition when new raids do come.
  • Options

Unfortunately that's never been how this place works.

Fortunately, staying on top of the dev team has laid grounds for positive changes in the past. Not to mention that they have not even come close to earning the benefit of the doubt with the players.

I’m personally exited for new raid content but terrified of the potential for how massively they can choke our gear income with these changes having given us zero insight into the new reward tracks.
  • Options
    I just hope there won’t be any feat that require me to fracture the dragon 50 times to get max rewards.
    I swear to god if they bring feats to raids …..
  • Options

Do you even forum, bro?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Wolfcast1e wrote: »
    I just hope there won’t be any feat that require me to fracture the dragon 50 times to get max rewards.
    I swear to god if they bring feats to raids …..

Don't give them ideas...
  • Options

Yes, it is foolish. You're suggesting we don't talk about the car driving right towards the cliff and we certainly don't offer suggestions about turning the car so it doesn't drive off the cliff. Given the forum (pun fully intended) I will choose to speak up and hope to influence, what I fear, is a car speeding toward a cliff.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    You don't know it's a cliff but ok.

People talked this way about crystals moving to GAC which ended up being the single best change I've seen this game made.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

People talked this way about crystals moving to GAC which ended up being the single best change I've seen this game made.

We don't know that it's not a cliff either. People talked this way about datacrons too, and they turned out to be really horrible.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

We don't know that it's not a cliff either. People talked this way about datacrons too, and they turned out to be really horrible.

Sure.

The point is we have no idea right now and some people insist we do.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Side note, DCs have become more tolerable with the last two sets and hopefully that continues.
  • Options
    Side note, DCs have become more tolerable with the last two sets and hopefully that continues.

That's my point. Wouldn't it have been better for DC's if CG heard the complaints and worries before they launched them instead of waiting 6 months for them to become tolerable? There were a lot of people saying DC's in their proposed state was the proverbial car driving off the cliff, and sure enough, we all watched it happen and now 6 months later they're slowly turning the wheel towards that feedback.
  • Options

I think it is the single worst :D
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

That's my point. Wouldn't it have been better for DC's if CG heard the complaints and worries before they launched them instead of waiting 6 months for them to become tolerable? There were a lot of people saying DC's in their proposed state was the proverbial car driving off the cliff, and sure enough, we all watched it happen and now 6 months later they're slowly turning the wheel towards that feedback.

They're not gonna change their raid launch plans based on people speculating beforehand, especially when there's a decent change the speculation is wrong. Even if it's right they're not going to fix it at launch based on this thread, just like they didn't with DCs.

I'm going to track my raid rewards over the next several months and then compare it to the new system and I expect it will be break even or slight benefit to me even with me losing some ground by not getting top 3 every HSTR, but yeah if you want to worry out loud ahead of time that's fine I guess. If I'm wrong and it is worse I'll complain too, but not until it's actually proven out.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »

Surely you must at least appreciate not having to be tied to your phone for over an hour at the same time every single day.

I feel like people are sleeping on the fact that it won't be necessary to be on at the right 20 minutes to get top 10 hstr rewards anymore (if even top 10).
  • Options

I don't think CG pays much attention to what people think about the product until they actually get a chance to use the product (and honestly, I can't imagine why they would, when they are holding all the relevant information and drip feeding it to us) - which makes all of this not much more than a mildly interesting speculative endeavor on the part of everyone in this conversation. Contrary to a few peoples stated opinions, I don't think that feedback on an as-yet unreleased feature is going to sway the Devs one way or the other. And 'staying on top of them' as one poster put it likely does nothing but irritate them (I know it would me). They're going to release the feature according to their best guess for what it should be - then, if they're not happy with it, they'll tweak it until they are.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    Regarding time spent… I would say GAC is much more time consuming (at least it is for me)

But yeah I really like the fact that they’re making raids run for the entire 2 days now, to ensure everyone gets ample chance to participate. In guilds like mine which welcomes newer and more casual players, that’s especially nice. Those of us who are more competitive with more advanced rosters can go all out to make sure the raid clears, but everyone can still play if they want to. That’s a net positive in my book.
    LordDirt wrote: »

Surely you must at least appreciate not having to be tied to your phone for over an hour at the same time every single day.

I feel like people are sleeping on the fact that it won't be necessary to be on at the right 20 minutes to get top 10 hstr rewards anymore (if even top 10).

• TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    KDC99X wrote: »
    Regarding time spent… I would say GAC is much more time consuming (at least it is for me)

More time consuming for a single attack round, but there's only nine days of those every 28 days instead of 28/28, plus each required day has a 24 hour window vs a 1-2 hour window.

Sneaking in arena climbs at work was awful and is no longer necessary.
  • Options
    I can see that… I was never high enough in SA for it to matter for me, before they moved things to GAC.