New raid changes

Replies

• Options
    cboath7 wrote: »
    The faction bit is the part the worries me. Seems like another way to say another aspect of the game that'll required the lastest released toons 7*'d and relic'd up to make it worth the effort. I hope i'm wrong, but i imagine factions like inquisitors, hutt cartel, etc will dominate the requirements.

KDC99X wrote: »

Only ONE is relatively new (Hutt Cartel) and they’re mostly accelerated now, and one has a couple new characters (Tuskens). Overall, they’re factions that have been in the game for awhile, are relatively easily obtainable, and are needed for other legendary/GL type characters. Yeah, maybe everyone doesn’t have a full relic Tusken or Jawa squad, but Mandalorians and Old Republic? JKR has been ubiquitous in this game for years now.

• Options
    @cboath7
    I hope i'm wrong, but i imagine factions like inquisitors, hutt cartel, etc will dominate the requirements.

Well, curiously enough the first of the new raids is dominated by old, established factions that need very few kyros (if any) to g12. And the Hutt Cartel is, of course, dominated by Jabba, but any faction with a GL would face the same problem. To your advantage the Hutt Cartel at least includes some older, pre-kyro toons like Greedo & Boba, among others.

Sure the next raid could be dominated by high-kyro, recently released toons that are a pain to 7* and gear. But why borrow trouble? This raid isn't that. You've got Jabba, which (assuming you're talking about people who don't have him done already) many people would be working on even if this raid wasn't released, so it's not an extra burden on the players. You've got 2x new Tuskens. Sure, they'll require a bunch of kyros, but it's only 2, and 2 of the 3 existing Tuskens were required for other GL efforts so you either already have them relic'd or they're a happy boost to your GL chase.

This raid, like all of them for sure, will encourage you to relic toons you don't have relic'd. But it's nothing close to dominated by new, high-cost toons. Jabba has been out a while (long enough for me to have him, and I'm not bleeding edge) and 2x marquee isn't that big a burden for a new raid.

I just don't see it.
  • Options
    Only ONE is relatively new (Hutt Cartel) and they’re mostly accelerated now
    None of the new Jabba req characters are accelerated yet.
  • Options
    My bad, I think I got them mixed up with Inquisitors, which are now becoming accelerated.

Still doesn’t disprove the point.

• Options
    Further, only the THREE new toons are not accelerated. The other SIX non-GL Hutt Cartel members have been in-game for years now.
    My bad, I think I got them mixed up with Inquisitors, which are now becoming accelerated.

Still doesn’t disprove the point.

• Options
    Tsfletch wrote: »
    It seems obvious to me that they’re going to screw us over in the new raid system. If the worry/complaint is that multiple raids running simultaneously is overwhelming why not give the ability to sim all current raids the guild is finishing? Why remove Cpit entirely? Why even worry about “fixing” something that is voluntary in the first place? Guilds and players can do whatever raid schedule works for them, there’s no game mechanic forcing it. The whole idea is ridiculous but no one is noticing because they’re announcing a highly anticipated hero’s journey and 2 entirely new characters unrelated to said journey at the same time to distract people.

You’re posting in a thread called ‘New raid changes’. I’m pretty confident people are noticing.

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    It seems obvious to me that they’re going to screw us over in the new raid system. If the worry/complaint is that multiple raids running simultaneously is overwhelming why not give the ability to sim all current raids the guild is finishing? Why remove Cpit entirely? Why even worry about “fixing” something that is voluntary in the first place? Guilds and players can do whatever raid schedule works for them, there’s no game mechanic forcing it. The whole idea is ridiculous but no one is noticing because they’re announcing a highly anticipated hero’s journey and 2 entirely new characters unrelated to said journey at the same time to distract people. That’s what, a year’s worth of updates normally all at once? Pardon my skepticism but it seems a little suspicious to me.

So much this. If turning the old raids into automated rewards dispensers worked so far, why overhaul the whole system? Unless, of course, there's some catch. I'm sure that they will make all they posted technically true, they have good practice with that, but I expect the reality to fall short of what we are getting now. At least for most non-whale guilds. Not to mention newer guilds getting srewed out of the new currency completely...
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    It seems obvious to me that they’re going to screw us over in the new raid system. If the worry/complaint is that multiple raids running simultaneously is overwhelming why not give the ability to sim all current raids the guild is finishing? Why remove Cpit entirely? Why even worry about “fixing” something that is voluntary in the first place? Guilds and players can do whatever raid schedule works for them, there’s no game mechanic forcing it. The whole idea is ridiculous but no one is noticing because they’re announcing a highly anticipated hero’s journey and 2 entirely new characters unrelated to said journey at the same time to distract people. That’s what, a year’s worth of updates normally all at once? Pardon my skepticism but it seems a little suspicious to me.

So much this. If turning the old raids into automated rewards dispensers worked so far, why overhaul the whole system? Unless, of course, there's some catch. I'm sure that they will make all they posted technically true, they have good practice with that, but I expect the reality to fall short of what we are getting now. At least for most non-whale guilds. Not to mention newer guilds getting srewed out of the new currency completely...

But that’s the game from the start. New stuff comes for those who already conquered the old stuff, and with new stuff new rewards. You’re motivated to gear new stuff so you can explore new content.
  • Options
    "actively participating in a raid, regardless of difficulty, will earn rewards from the Personal track that equal and replace the old "simmed" rewards"

The key word there is simmed. What that says about rewards is that I will still receive the rewards for Pit and AAT because those are "simmed" but I will have to score higher to get Cpit and HSTR level rewards. I can solo HSTR and assuming I can't do the equivalent solo with Krayt it's reasonable to assume my rewards will be much less than they currently are AND what CG said is true.

Having to gear up Jawas to get the same rewards that I currently get isn't comparable rewards - it's a gigantic drop-off. Lets hope thats not the case.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Starslayer wrote: »

But that’s the game from the start. New stuff comes for those who already conquered the old stuff, and with new stuff new rewards. You’re motivated to gear new stuff so you can explore new content.

Yeah, and the new stuff usually stays there for others to reach it. Except for the raid currency, which will always move to the latest raid. Moving the goalposts is baked into the new system right from the start.
  • Options

Yeah, and the new stuff usually stays there for others to reach it. Except for the raid currency, which will always move to the latest raid. Moving the goalposts is baked into the new system right from the start.

Which can be a good thing if the faction requirements move from something they don’t have to something they do have.

Not sure it’s smart to try to predict the future when we only have limited info right now.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • TVF
    36620 posts Member
    Options
    "actively participating in a raid, regardless of difficulty, will earn rewards from the Personal track that equal and replace the old "simmed" rewards"

The key word there is simmed. What that says about rewards is that I will still receive the rewards for Pit and AAT because those are "simmed" but I will have to score higher to get Cpit and HSTR level rewards. I can solo HSTR and assuming I can't do the equivalent solo with Krayt it's reasonable to assume my rewards will be much less than they currently are AND what CG said is true.

It's not really reasonable to assume that until we actually see the rewards.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    nfidel2k wrote: »

Which can be a good thing if the faction requirements move from something they don’t have to something they do have.

Not sure it’s smart to try to predict the future when we only have limited info right now.

Tell me, how long have you been playing this game? The factions will move, that's pretty much a given, but it ain't gonna be to something more people have. In fact, it will make long term planning harder - instead of a known set of factions to aim for, there will be constant flux and uncertainty.
  • Options
    Tell me, how long have you been playing this game? The factions will move, that's pretty much a given, but it ain't gonna be to something more people have. In fact, it will make long term planning harder - instead of a known set of factions to aim for, there will be constant flux and uncertainty.

I think it's safe to assume that any future raids will have one strong factions + stragglers. Krayt allows Hutt Cartel which lots of people have now thanks to Jabba - and many people have at least a couple of Hutt Cartel units thanks to other requirements.

With regard to constant flux and uncertainty, I would echo your own question - How long have you been playing this game? Keeping players off-balance is an established MO. They'll throw a variety of shiny new toons/factions out there and put us in a situation where we have to pick which to work on first. This is classic CG - it doesn't seem in any way different from how they've operated in the past. That's part of the challenge of the game.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

I think it's safe to assume that any future raids will have one strong factions + stragglers. Krayt allows Hutt Cartel which lots of people have now thanks to Jabba - and many people have at least a couple of Hutt Cartel units thanks to other requirements.

With regard to constant flux and uncertainty, I would echo your own question - How long have you been playing this game? Keeping players off-balance is an established MO. They'll throw a variety of shiny new toons/factions out there and put us in a situation where we have to pick which to work on first. This is classic CG - it doesn't seem in any way different from how they've operated in the past. That's part of the challenge of the game.

The crucial difference is that up to now, the new goals stayed. You work towards the new TB to farm GET3 but once you get there, you have it. With the new Raid system, you work towards the Krayt dragon to get the new currency, but it gets taken away when a new raid comes out. And it seems that new raids will be added faster than before.
  • Options

The crucial difference is that up to now, the new goals stayed. You work towards the new TB to farm GET3 but once you get there, you have it. With the new Raid system, you work towards the Krayt dragon to get the new currency, but it gets taken away when a new raid comes out. And it seems that new raids will be added faster than before.

Where did it say the new raid currency is taken away when they switch to a newer raid?
  • Options

Just like you worked on the teams and approach for LSTB, but now there’s a new TB and you need to focus new teams and strategy?

So really there’s no difference between new TB and new raid? ;)

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Where did it say the new raid currency is taken away when they switch to a newer raid?

In the RA.
    Morgoth01 wrote: »

Just like you worked on the teams and approach for LSTB, but now there’s a new TB and you need to focus new teams and strategy?

So really there’s no difference between new TB and new raid? ;)

I must have missed the part where it's no longer possible to get GET2 from LSTB.
  • Options

Since launch, but not sure why that matters. I don’t subscribe to a philosophy of complaining about what might happen. Wait and see, and if you’re right we’ll complain then.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

Since launch, but not sure why that matters. I don’t subscribe to a philosophy of complaining about what might happen. Wait and see, and if you’re right we’ll complain then.

Then you should know what to expect from CG.
  • TVF
    36620 posts Member
    Options

In the RA.

Perhaps you can be more specific, because the only thing I see is this:
    Rewards also include new Raid Currency that can be used to purchase items from Shipments.
    This special Raid Currency can only be earned from the Featured Raid (the latest Raid released)

There's nothing that says they will create new raid currency for each new raid, nor do I expect them to. It's possible, but I think unlikely, and even if so, there's nothing there that supports your position that they said they're definitely doing so.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

In the RA.

Rewards also include new Raid Currency that can be used to purchase items from Shipments.
    This special Raid Currency can only be earned from the Featured Raid (the latest Raid released)

There's nothing that says they will create new raid currency for each new raid, nor do I expect them to. It's possible, but I think unlikely, and even if so, there's nothing there that supports your position that they said they're definitely doing so.

That quote literally says that the currency will only be earned from the latest raid. So it will be earned from Krayt now, but when a new one is released, it will move there. Not sure where you got anything about any new currency for each raid.
  • Options
    I don’t agree with the assertion this is going to be “the worst ever”, but to be fair to the point being made, they’re saying you won’t have access to the raid currency unless you’re chasing the latest raid factions. Which is true.

That being said. Does anyone really believe CG is going to be releasing a new raid every month?
  • TVF
    36620 posts Member
    Options

In the RA.

That quote literally says that the currency will only be earned from the latest raid. So it will be earned from Krayt now, but when a new one is released, it will move there. Not sure where you got anything about any new currency for each raid.

Apparently we disagree on the meaning of the new currency being "taken away" then.
  • Options

In the RA.

Actually it’s ambiguous. Technically the quote says the new currency will be available from the new raid, and not the legacy raids. But it doesn’t specify that it will only be available from whatever the newest raid is down the road. So wait and see.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

In the RA.

Actually it’s ambiguous. Technically the quote says the new currency will be available from the new raid, and not the legacy raids. But it doesn’t specify that it will only be available from whatever the newest raid is down the road. So wait and see.

Not really, the wording is clear enough. It will be the Featured Raid, not raids going forward or something similar. You are really stretching the "wait and see" approach here.
  • Options

In the RA.

Apparently we disagree on the meaning of the new currency being "taken away" then.

In the RA.

After re-reading, it does seem pretty clear. Once a new raid is released after Krayt, you will not longer be able to gain this new currency.

It says you can only get it from the latest raid, so if you're doing Krayt, you get the currency. Once they release a new raid, if you can't do that one, you are no longer getting it.
  • Options

In the RA.

Not really, the wording is clear enough. It will be the Featured Raid, not raids going forward or something similar. You are really stretching the "wait and see" approach here.

LOL and you are complaining about a hypothetical situation that may or may not actually occur at a minimum of likely six to twelve months from now. Yes, one of us is stretching.

@Starson the text and the RA are referring to this set of releases. As I said, it is a bit ambiguous in how it is worded, but as there is no discussion of a Raid release schedule, future raids replacing these raids, etc. It’s a parenthetical expansion of thought. And since this would break from their existing pattern of keeping currency available in newer content and older content, my opinion is that it was poorly worded.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

In the RA.

LOL and you are complaining about a hypothetical situation that may or may not actually occur at a minimum of likely six to twelve months from now. Yes, one of us is stretching.

@Starson the text and the RA are referring to this set of releases. As I said, it is a bit ambiguous in how it is worded, but as there is no discussion of a Raid release schedule, future raids replacing these raids, etc. It’s a parenthetical expansion of thought. And since this would break from their existing pattern of keeping currency available in newer content and older content, my opinion is that it was poorly worded.

Sure. Hypothetical. When they explicitly said that this whole change is meant to let them add more raids more easily. If you need to shill for CG, at least pick a defensible position.
  • Options
    In your rush to claim the sky is falling, you’re also seemingly ignoring the fact that they said that when you factor in the personal + guild tracks, the sum of rewards will (could) actually be GREATER than the previous rewards.

Of course there will be a catch. It’ll probably be r10 mats and some new character gated behind the featured raid. We also don’t know the frequency of new raid releases but I doubt it’ll be more than one a year, maybe two max. But on topic of knowing CG, they’re not churning out new raids on a monthly basis. As long as they continue to include a mix of legacy and newer factions, I don’t see the issue. If they made it gated to ONLY the latest releases, that would be problematic/exclusionary for a large section of the player base.

But for guilds like mine that can’t complete the CPit or r8+ level TW rewards anyway, I doubt we’ll see much difference in the new system. Actually it seems a lot better overall for most players.

In retrospect, a lot of changes that people were convinced where the WORST EVER(tm), have been pretty good overall. So I’m still relatively optimistic about this change.