I_JnK_I wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    no

And now?

Nope.
    jfr4njehchqx.gif

Okay, but now there HAS to be something. We are literally ENTITLED to
  • Options
    God, give me patience. But give it to me NOW!
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Maybe they are releasing the Kenobi version of GI this time and are still working on a way to fit his giant head onto the battlefield?

• Options
    I swear, with how important Reva is for guild recruiting, I'm annoyed they haven't even said anything about the event. Literally the only way to get Reva shards and they decide to go radio silent. smh
  • Options
    BlueNation wrote: »
    I swear, with how important Reva is for guild recruiting, I'm annoyed they haven't even said anything about the event. Literally the only way to get Reva shards and they decide to go radio silent. smh

You know, we could just invade the beer gardens in Sac and buy them drinks/BBQ to get them to put it in the game faster. We could also ask them why they don't listen to us and read the forums at the same time.

JUST SAYING!

• Dianora
    123 posts Member
    Options
    We've all been really patient but no word last week when he hit the one-year anniversary. Nothing in the news drops on Tuesday, nothing in the update yesterday. Surely he'd go permanent when the JKCK event went live, I thought. And nothing. I've been holding up other farms for weeks now while sitting on currency and gear for GI as have a lot of other players. This is incredibly frustrating and out of line with how the rest of the game works (monthly calendar, fairly static cadences on resource events, character farmability, and acceleration).

The notice we got before the December return was great. I would like to see more of that on non-permanent legendary events.
  • Vigio
    2 posts Member
    Options
    CG, please for the love of the force put Grand Inquisitor permanently available in the Journey Guide. It's been more than 1 year since release, it's been more than 90 days
    since the event ran last so we are due for an event anyway. RotE is starting tomorrow and my guild has 12 people ready to unlock GI and put him straight to r7 and I really want the additional Reva shards.

I know everyone is tired of seeing posts like this on the forums but I'm getting very impatient. I do NOT want to go through another RoyE with my guild only pulling 15 shards when we COULD be pulling almost 30 if CG gives us the event before RotE start.
  • TVF
    36630 posts Member
    Options
    Dianora wrote: »
    We've all been really patient

We have?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36630 posts Member
    Options
    Also, once you are ready, there's no reason you can't spend additional resources on other things. The event timing is irrelevant to additional projects once you're ready.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Dianora
    123 posts Member
    Options
    Troller, no trolling!
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    Dianora wrote: »
    Troller, no trolling!

I don't think it's trolling at all and I certainly don't think everyone has been patient.... At one point there were as many as 5 threads here that the mods had to merge into one and there are still more being created...

Again, there is nothing keeping you or anyone else from farming other characters / gear / signal data while you wait "patiently" for the event to come... It will be along shortly....
  • Options
    To quote the official post from CGSven in November 2019

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/219354/journey-guide-event-cadence-changes#latest

“ We want to begin to tackle improvements to the player experience by changing the event cadence we laid out a while ago. Events currently live on a set schedule until the end of time and increasingly compete with other events as we add more events to the game. Going forward, we plan to make events permanently available via the Journey Guide after they have run as scheduled events for one year”

Not approximately. Not about. It was stated at one year. This was corroborated by Kyno as well in February 2020

“Things will only be added to the journey guide after running 1 year of the "normal" cadence for that event.”

Again, no weasel words of “about, approximately” etc.

It is a recruting issue especially with an imminent TB.

• Options
    I'm as anxious as anyone, but I imagine at this point that it might get added to the Journey guide after the Cal Kestis event has run it's course - from their perspective to not overload themselves or the game with too many things going live at once. Though, let's see the Leviathan event come next week and they use this logic to delay the GI event further...

Anyway, at this point it comes when it comes. I've been hoarding gear for long enough that I should be able to relic several characters, and still have all my gear for GI (I'm way ahead on gear, and way behind on Relic mats...)
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    Hev_Daman wrote: »
    I'm as anxious as anyone, but I imagine at this point that it might get added to the Journey guide after the Cal Kestis event has run it's course - from their perspective to not overload themselves or the game with too many things going live at once. Though, let's see the Leviathan event come next week and they use this logic to delay the GI event further...

Anyway, at this point it comes when it comes. I've been hoarding gear for long enough that I should be able to relic several characters, and still have all my gear for GI (I'm way ahead on gear, and way behind on Relic mats...)

Fantastic attitude.... +1 internets to you sir....
  • Options

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/219354/journey-guide-event-cadence-changes#latest

“ We want to begin to tackle improvements to the player experience by changing the event cadence we laid out a while ago. Events currently live on a set schedule until the end of time and increasingly compete with other events as we add more events to the game. Going forward, we plan to make events permanently available via the Journey Guide after they have run as scheduled events for one year”

Not approximately. Not about. It was stated at one year. This was corroborated by Kyno as well in February 2020

“Things will only be added to the journey guide after running 1 year of the "normal" cadence for that event.”

Also no weasel words like “exactly”, “to the day”, etc.

The loosest interpretation of the sentence is that they can not be added before a year, not that they have to be added at one year precisely. Pretty sure nobody else will get access early either, so if you’re ready for it now just work on something else.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • Options
    One more comment supporting communication. Just make the expected time frames a certain amount or less. Never more than people. Always know the absolute last day something is going to happen by and don't have to be disappointed. Pretty please?
    @CG_Tusken_Meathead
  • Options
    giphy.gif
  • crzydroid
    7337 posts Moderator
    Options
    I feel like the one year statement being approximate is less grievous than the fact that they said new legendaries and journey events will have one week notice before the event start, and Cal is at least the second one where the notice has been less than a week. Clearly, they can change anything at any time.
  • Options
    nfidel2k wrote: »

The loosest interpretation of the sentence is that they can not be added before a year, not that they have to be added at one year precisely. Pretty sure nobody else will get access early either, so if you’re ready for it now just work on something else.

Err.. did you look up the definition of weasel word before you responded?
    "A weasel word, or anonymous authority, is an informal term for words and phrases aimed at creating an impression that something specific and meaningful has been said, when in fact only a vague or ambiguous claim has been communicated"

Ergo: "Exactly" and "to the day" would not be weasel words. Instead, there's two concrete statements. And precedent. It's about accountability to the player base. Or communication at least if there will be a delay. How hard would it be for them to post "There will be a delay in addition of GI to the Journey Guild". Period.

And yes, I am working on other things. I'm also trying to recruit for my guild as well. Hence the last statement of my post.

• Options
    I’m trying to find the events that actually went through the year cadence. Only one I can think of is JKL, who became permanently available before 1 full year had passed. Others (BAM, SK, Aphra, GLs) were just permanently available.
  • Options

"A weasel word, or anonymous authority, is an informal term for words and phrases aimed at creating an impression that something specific and meaningful has been said, when in fact only a vague or ambiguous claim has been communicated"

Ergo: "Exactly" and "to the day" would not be weasel words. Instead, there's two concrete statements. And precedent. It's about accountability to the player base. Or communication at least if there will be a delay. How hard would it be for them to post "There will be a delay in addition of GI to the Journey Guild". Period.

And yes, I am working on other things. I'm also trying to recruit for my guild as well. Hence the last statement of my post.

Thank you, I actually did not know that was a phrase.

I don’t disagree that a statement would be nice, but there are also many reasons why they might not issue one. And getting upset doesn’t appear to be making anything happen faster.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

I don’t disagree that a statement would be nice, but there are also many reasons why they might not issue one. And getting upset doesn’t appear to be making anything happen faster.

This.. I'm leviathan ready and would love a kit release ... It will all come with tine....
  • crzydroid
    7337 posts Moderator
    Options
    Johnnyreb wrote: »
    crzydroid wrote: »
    I feel like the one year statement being approximate is less grievous than the fact that they said new legendaries and journey events will have one week notice before the event start, and Cal is at least the second one where the notice has been less than a week. Clearly, they can change anything at any time.

I think Malak was a 2 day notice and then boom gone for 3 months. Also that 5 star unlock was a joke!!!! Same with GAS.

Malak and GAS are Epic Confrontation events, so they exempted themselves from the one week rule. Likewise GLs are exempt. But the last few Legendaries/Journeys have reneged on the one week notice statement.
  • Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »

This.. I'm leviathan ready and would love a kit release ... It will all come with tine....

I’m all for people being patient, expecting any mobile game developer to be consistent or hold to their word has proven to be about as healthy a headspace as being a cryptobro in 2023.

But comparing a year old event that has precedent to an event that has never run that we don’t even have a kit for seems a little disingenuous.
  • Options
    Just looking for an answer more informative than "be patient"