What's your biggest bottleneck at the moment?

Replies

• DeusArt
    133 posts Member
    Options
    1. Credits
    2. G12 Left side
    3. Kyros
  • GegeGerard24
    430 posts Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    I’m struggling to follow the causality between you buying items that were a pretty insignificant aspect of the old raid rewards and the raid rewards being “evidently” worse? How many CCBs were you getting from raids before the raid rewards changed? Do you know?

I’m also confused about your 3rd claim, which you have even less evidence for than your first given that you, a known spender, hasn’t succumbed yet.

There are a few people who gathered some pretty extensive data that point to the fact that, for most players, the raid rewards are at least as good as they were before if not actually better. I’m going to believe what they have worked out, rather than someone who spuriously connects 2 things and draws global conclusions from that connection.

Aside from having got the CCB it self, the old raid also gave many scavenger materials.
    I remember that i had like 500+ each materials for the CCB at any given time.
    Now, i am having them less and less to the point that i had to buy the CCB twice so far.
    And i am only talking about the CCB, not yet talking about the other scavenger items (bronzium wiring and so on).

Sadly, i don't have the data, only my memory.
    But that doesn't mean that that is not true.
    Who collects data about every aspect of the game when RL is always there.

You, high end players, the players who already have almost all characters at high level, may not feel it.
    Because you don't need as much materials anymore, for everything (G12, relic etc). You only need them "casually" now.
    The ones who need them intensively, like new players, feel the difference.

That is how I STILL feel.
    No matter how many high level players say that the rewards are equal or even better.

I mean...high level players get the maximum crate and need very little from it. Like, you only need to G12 or Relic every other new characters...

VS

New players who get only the 2nd or the 3rd crate and need to G12 and Relic many characters needed by conquest this, event that, krayt and so on....

Again...

If it was true that the rewards were equal or even better than b4, why would any1 still complains about it?
    If it was true that the rewards were equal or even better than b4, why would not CG give us the comparison of old and new to shut down any counterclaim?
    It is not like they have to, but if i was CG, i would do it to guard the game's reputation, so that no1 speaks something that is contrary to the game's claim.

What i feel is true....
    I never had to buy scavenger stuffs.
    Now, i have bought them twice.

If the rewards were equal, i would never have had to buy them twice.

This thing can only be felt as time goes by.
    It shows me that the scavenger materials are indeed diminishing.
    Even though the quantity of the character that I am relic-ing is about the same from month to month (1 or 2 characters each month)(13 Relic-ed characters in 8 months)

That is my case.
    Post edited by GegeGerard24 on
    Started to play: Oct 30, 2022 --- Ally code: 628-998-777 --- My links: swgoh.gg | youtube | My SWGOH journey | NORDIC KINGDOM is recruiting
  • GegeGerard24
    430 posts Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    The point is, i would like to see the comparison of the 2nd crate with the old rewards.
    I was at rank #4-10 at old Sith Triumvirate.

======

Added this.

As we speak, some1 else is complaining about the new raid rewards.

If it was true that the new rewards were equal or even better, why would any1 still complain about it?

Ok...some maybe whiners. But I believe most complain are true (like mine), are originated from what we do feel after these times that the new raid has been going on.

In most of the cases in RL (not talking about the game rewards anymore), one will not complain out of nothing. That is common sense.
    I mean, would you complain to the restorant that your food tastes funny when it doesn't?
    Would you invent, make up things just to be able to complain about anything?
    Normal persons don't do that.

Most of the time, we complain because there has been something wrong.
    Post edited by GegeGerard24 on
    Started to play: Oct 30, 2022 --- Ally code: 628-998-777 --- My links: swgoh.gg | youtube | My SWGOH journey | NORDIC KINGDOM is recruiting
  • Options
    You’re making a massive mistake in assuming that the old raid rewards would mean you would never run out of CCBs or the salvage used to create them.

CCBs have been a crunch for years. Players have lots of them and then suddenly have to scratch around to create them. It’s happened to me, thousands of others and now you.

Attributing this happening to you to the change in the raid rewards is specious reasoning. There is almost no relation.

• Options
    Also - let’s not forget that as a P2P @GegeGerard24, you have been handed a huge pile of low level gear when you bought the Hyperdrive Bundle. Obviously as you take more and more units to relic level, this stockpile will eventually run out. This has nothing to do with raid rewards changing.

The amount of gear usable for crafting CCBs the old raid system gave you was negligible. The change in rewards has made almost no difference in your inflow of these materials. So it is not accurate to blame the dwindling of your stockpile to this change.

As for all your other points about complaints, there are hundreds of complaints on these forums that are based on inaccurate or incorrect information. I can’t deny that you feel the raid rewards have affected your CCB economy - but you certainly can’t prove that the raid rewards have anything to do with it.
  • DeusArt
    133 posts Member
    Options
    @GegeGerard24 CCD and BW it’s echo lowering scrap rate and leaving challenge without changes. Daily challenges and bro packs was the main source of this mats.
    Raid problem lives in different perspective - it’s changed economy dramatically. Especially for kyros and G12 left pieces. Previously you could buy most rare G12 left pieces from shard shop, get1 and receive more common G12 gear from raids. But now with guild currency raid rate it awful to buy it raids. That means shard shop and get1 is only source of this gear(and TB/TW as well). And as example if you need to get more MK12 Visors -> you need to farm them instead of Kyros which are also removed from raid drop.
    The same changes works for some gear for MK1 currency level, like MK10 holo or MK6 Dets. Those who didn’t stockpile them is screwed.
    Also you could buy EC mats for MK3 currency and lower spending of your MK12 left parts but it’s leave you without R8 mats that is also a problem for those who didn’t stockpile them.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    I’m struggling to follow the causality between you buying items that were a pretty insignificant aspect of the old raid rewards and the raid rewards being “evidently” worse? How many CCBs were you getting from raids before the raid rewards changed? Do you know?

I’m also confused about your 3rd claim, which you have even less evidence for than your first given that you, a known spender, hasn’t succumbed yet.

There are a few people who gathered some pretty extensive data that point to the fact that, for most players, the raid rewards are at least as good as they were before if not actually better. I’m going to believe what they have worked out, rather than someone who spuriously connects 2 things and draws global conclusions from that connection.

Aside from having got the CCB it self, the old raid also gave many scavenger materials.
    Now, i am having them less and less to the point that i had to buy the CCB twice so far.
    And i am only talking about the CCB, not yet talking about the other scavenger items (bronzium wiring and so on).

You, high end players, the players who already have almost all characters at high level, may not feel it.
    Because you don't need as much materials anymore, for everything (G12, relic etc). You only need them "casually" now.

No matter how many high level players say that the rewards are equal or even better.

I mean...high level players get the maximum crate and need very little from it. Like, you only need to G12 or Relic every other new characters...

VS

New players who get only the 2nd or the 3rd crate and need to G12 and Relic many characters needed by conquest this, event that, krayt and so on....

Again...

If it was true that the rewards were equal or even better than b4, why would any1 still complains about it?
    If it was true that the rewards were equal or even better than b4, why would not CG give us the comparison of old and new to shut down any counterclaim?
    It is not like they have to, but if i was CG, i would do it to guard the game's reputation, so that no1 speaks something that is contrary to the game's claim.

What i feel is true....

Even though the quantity of the character that I am relic-ing is about the same from month to month (1 or 2 characters each month)(13 Relic-ed characters in 8 months)

That is my case.

Memory and feelings have a funny way of being wrong
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

VS

Again...

What i feel is true....

That is my case.

You should never let facts get in the way of a good story though.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Options

VS

Again...

What i feel is true....

That is my case.

You should never let facts get in the way of a good story though.

Ouuuuuu I'm tellin
  • Options
    At this point?
    100% CG is my biggest bottleneck.
    I'm almost Reva mission ready, I have all the mods, all the gear, relic, and mods are hoarded for GI, but they just say "Patience"
  • LordDirt
    5029 posts Member
    Options
    csaszil wrote: »
    At this point?
    I'm almost Reva mission ready, I have all the mods, all the gear, relic, and mods are hoarded for GI, but they just say "Patience"

So move on to your next farm. Dont understand why people cant do that.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • GegeGerard24
    430 posts Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    I can’t deny that you feel the raid rewards have affected your CCB economy - but you certainly can’t prove that the raid rewards have anything to do with it.

Like I said, i would like to see the comparison of the 2nd Krayt box with the old Sith Triumvirate rewards.
    I was at rank #4-10.

If it worse, let's say "it is worse".
    If it is equal or even better, let's say so too.

That will be the "ultimate" proof that for new players, we are losing (or gaining) so many things (including CCB and CCB mats).

Like i said...so many normal peoples won't complain out of nothing.

• TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    csaszil wrote: »
    At this point?

So move on to your next farm. Dont understand why people cant do that.

I've seen this on discord too and I don't understand it.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    I can’t deny that you feel the raid rewards have affected your CCB economy - but you certainly can’t prove that the raid rewards have anything to do with it.

Like I said, i would like to see the comparison of the 2nd Krayt box with the old Sith Triumvirate rewards.
    I was at rank #4-10.

So go find the data and do the comparison. It's out there.
  • Options
    Jimster1 wrote: »
    I struggle with the chromium transistors or whatever they are called. The silver one thats like the 3rd one needed. Ironically stuff after thst is easier to get

Once a week or so, go burn a gold refresh or 2 on a 6 energy node for Green Stun Cuffs & make
    https://swgoh.gg/db/gear/085/mk-7-baw-armor-mod/

The other 2 pieces should be super common to you.

Buy the scrap piece with guild currency

Pre Krayt raid that was good plan.
    Now, not really.
    GT have gotten super rare w/o steady raid income.
    Any GT I get goes to Bacta-4 & Caller-6 which are stupid priced in the Mk1 store.

• Options
    KDC99X wrote: »
    REMEMBER and repeat after me!!

Kyros are there to *help* the gear bottleneck. They're helping, not creating a new bottleneck..

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Yeah, I remember that too.
  • Options
    Morgoth01 wrote: »
    I completely agree that right after implementation it more felt like they doubled down on bottlenecks, but the separation of the “old” bottleneck from the new have allowed them to make old bottleneck gear very plentiful over time.
    Right After? It took them like 3 Years to double purple after adding Kyros

• Options
    No joke. The new raid rewards makes credits much easier to get. Now players in their first year can get rid of the credit crunch, only to hit the now revived droid brain pothole.

On the plus side, it means those players can actually have some credits to start working on mods.

While I don't disagree, I would point out that the "Credit Crunch" most new players run into is partially based on ignorance that its going to happen if they try to level every toon & ship right away.

If your only leveling those that you actually NEED & USE on a daily basis, the crunch isn't nearly as bad.

I didn't have a crunch till L40 GAC opened up & I tried to level my entire roster to spam GAC.
    Instead I should have just focused on the couple teams needed to clear it "Most days".

Same thing w/ Fleet Credits.
    Now that I know that a DS Fleet is a MUST have first, Pre-80, I wouldn't have bothered w/ LS Ships initially & would have only had at most 2 fleets ready pre-85.
    Instead I tried having 2 fleets by L70 & was broke.
  • Options
    DeusArt wrote: »
    2. G12 Left side
    3. Kyros

THESE!
    Big time.

• Options

My Comparison didn't show that & I didn't remember all the crap we got from raids so I based it on BARE MINIMUM of what I recalled. (1 Stack Each of 28 & 50, post doubling).
    Just that & Character shards was coming up negative.

The posts I've read saying things are better are ignoring the "crap" gear that we got.
    Which, is fine if that gear had NO other use.
    But if it was convertible with the Jawa or had any small amount of need in the 200+ characters in game, then I don't see how they can ignore that.
    Maybe a 7 year player can do that if they have every single character to G12 already but for people that didn't get to that point before they cut off the Crap Gear, then its a hole that your going to have to buy your way out of using Raid Tokens which then means they need to be counted & you end up with less rewards over all.

I'm already seeing a G12 bottleneck forming where I had several banked pieces of each kind before.

Maybe I'm gearing faster now, MAYBE, but I would bet money that anyone playing less than 5 years will start seeing G12 Left Side bottlenecks form sooner rather than later.

• Options

Don't have time.

But with a little educated guess, i suspect it (if not know it with 90% sureness) to be worse than b4.

I mean, if the 2nd Krayt box is already equal or even better, then the max Krayt box will be god like.
    And I don't think that was where CG wanted to land (borrowing their own words).

Their goal was to make more peoples spend money.
    And an equal and even better box located at #2 didn't support that idea.

The equal and possibly better box would be located where those high level players made their comparison in Reddit or anywhere else and told the community, speaking as whole population, that the new rewards were indeed equal or even better.

I haven't even seen those videos. Which Krayt box did they compare, you say?

Surely (90%) not the 2nd box.

Like I said, no normal persons will complain out of nothing.

And the silence, no official comparison from CG (again, not that they have to) to shut up all the counterclaims, to guard the game's reputation against those who say something that is contrary to the game's claim, says it all.
    Again, if i was CG, i would do it. Anyway, it was they who made the promise that the new rewards would be equal or even better, thus there should be a moral obligation to prove it (via an official comparison, for example).

Just like presidential campaign. A candidate says that he will make "A" better than b4. He shows the audience his plan, he is elected and he shows the comparison report to the house of parliament from time to time during his term.

So, with that little educated guess...i say, the equal and even better rewards is not located at the box #2, thus the rewards is worse for the new players.
    And it could have some sort of effect on my scavenger economy.

If some1 can show me the comparison of the #2 box to be equal and better than b4, i will stand corrected.
    Thanks.
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    I’m curious - does anyone have a comparison of the rate of obtaining kyro now versus carbantis/stun guns when they were the main bottleneck up to g12? It feels like it’s actually way slower to obtain kyro now, than it was to obtain the other pieces previously, but I’m not sure if that’s just faulty recollection.
  • TargetEadu
    1578 posts Member
    Options

Don't have time.

But with a little educated guess, i suspect it (if not know it with 90% sureness) to be worse than b4.

I mean, if the 2nd Krayt box is already equal or even better, then the max Krayt box will be god like.
    And I don't think that was where CG wanted to land (borrowing their own words).

Remember that the Krayt boxes above Box 3 only increase the mk3 currency, which can only be used for high-level Relic Scrap. So after there you’re not getting any more Gear.

Also, suspicions don’t mean a lot when people have done the data number crunching, but even besides that.
  • GegeGerard24
    430 posts Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    Also, suspicions don’t mean a lot when people have done the data number crunching, but even besides that.

What he said below.
    My Comparison didn't show that & I didn't remember all the crap we got from raids so I based it on BARE MINIMUM of what I recalled. (1 Stack Each of 28 & 50, post doubling).
    Just that & Character shards was coming up negative.

The posts I've read saying things are better are ignoring the "crap" gear that we got.
    Which, is fine if that gear had NO other use.
    But if it was convertible with the Jawa or had any small amount of need in the 200+ characters in game, then I don't see how they can ignore that.
    Maybe a 7 year player can do that if they have every single character to G12 already but for people that didn't get to that point before they cut off the Crap Gear, then its a hole that your going to have to buy your way out of using Raid Tokens which then means they need to be counted & you end up with less rewards over all.

I'm already seeing a G12 bottleneck forming where I had several banked pieces of each kind before.

Maybe I'm gearing faster now, MAYBE, but I would bet money that anyone playing less than 5 years will start seeing G12 Left Side bottlenecks form sooner rather than later.

======

Again, if some1 make a comparison between the #2 krayt box and the old Sith Triumvirate rewards (for rank #4-10) and show the community that it is indeed equal or even better, i will stand corrected.

So far, the continous complain coming from the new players who get only #2-3 Krayt box...
    Don't talk about max Krayt box comparison made by high level players and then speak for all that the new rewards is better than b4.

Let's just say "apple" to apple.
    Let's just say "it is worse" to something that is indeed worse than b4.
    Or...if it is indeed better than b4, let's just say so too.
    Let's just say the fact, don't cover up anything.

What i want to know, does new players indeed get equal or even better rewards than b4?

What ever happens to cold hard credits, guild tokens, GET1, GET2, many scavenger mats, kyros and so on that i can't remember.

• Options
    Again, if some1 make a comparison between the #2 krayt box and the old Sith Triumvirate rewards (for rank #4-10) and show the community that it is indeed equal or even better, i will stand corrected.

Making a 4-10 box comparison is a pointless waste of time. When original Pit and AAT were moved to sim the rewards were made equivalent to the 11-25 box. Any comparison for Sith has to occur on that basis as well.

Those comparisons have been made and as long as your guild is hitting the 90m box and, iirc, you are hitting 1m personally you are marginally better off overall. That’s also not even considering the overall positive effect on a whole guilds rewards when moving to cohort simmed rewards. Feels don’t mean much when the relevant numbers have already been crunched.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Relic materials. I complain about having only one GL and my opponents having 3 or 4, and here you say go farm them then. I am, incredibly slowly. I still need to Relic from 5 to 7 or 8 for just three toons, but this won’t happen for at least 6 months, no chance. Absolutely stupidly expensive to get Relic materials now.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options

Making a 4-10 box comparison is a pointless waste of time. When original Pit and AAT were moved to sim the rewards were made equivalent to the 11-25 box. Any comparison for Sith has to occur on that basis as well.

How so? We aren't simming this.
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    Great point, but didn't the RA say that the new rewards would be equivalent to the "old, simmed rewards"?

I agree that we're doing this manually, so really it should be reflective of that fact. On the other hand, of course not everyone in every guild was getting top 10 rewards, so as much as those of us who were would love that to be the benchmark, realistically it's not.

I think what a lot of analyses are leaving out, is that the old raid system allowed one to follow any farming path and still be able to do relatively well. Of course, YMMV, because some teams did do better in certain raids than others, but overall it wasn't nearly as restrictive to your roster development (if you want to do well in the raids, which if you want to access higher relic levels is pretty much a necessity). And personally, I was super close to getting JKL and GAS, so was I going to halt those farms on very important teams that I need and shift gears for the Krayt teams, without knowing what the new system and rewards would look like, since we never got any information about that in advance of the raid? Of course not. So I think that the players/guilds who did suffer a setback, would be the guilds in the middle, and specifically players in those guilds at the top end, who have been working on farming paths for months or years, and didn't want just abandon that for an unknown. My guild was getting close to being able to clear CPit in the old system. Now we can't even hit the 17M box (but we're getting close). So yeah you can be equivalent or better of IF you're hitting a certain benchmark, but how many guilds/players when switching over, could hit that benchmark? That's a big conditional that's highly situationally dependent, and is being glossed over in a lot of these discussions.

That being said, for probably most of the player base, the new system is probably better. Newer players can just make Jabba their farm, although I think that will make the overall GAC experience really homogeneous and monotonous. Veteran players at the top who already had most of the other key teams and GLs farmed, could just launch into the Krayt team farms. Those of us in the middle, have been set back a bit, because now we have to either abandon our existing farms, or wait until they're finished to work on Krayt. It's a crappy situation to be in.

How so? We aren't simming this.

• TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    KDC99X wrote: »
    Great point, but didn't the RA say that the new rewards would be equivalent to the "old, simmed rewards"?

From the Feb RA:
    While we will reduce the amount of locations where you can earn rewards, we’ve taken this into close consideration so that actively participating in a raid, regardless of difficulty, will earn rewards from the Personal track that equal and replace the old "simmed" rewards - ensuring that all Players retain access to those goods. Playing at higher difficulties to earn more Points will steadily gain access to new, additional rewards. Guilds participating at a high level of difficulty will see more bountiful rewards than the total sum of prior raids.