What's your biggest bottleneck at the moment?

1235Next

Replies

• KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    Ah yes, key point - that was meant for the personal track only, so including guild rewards should easily exceed that. And (imo) it should've be equivalent at launch, not dependent on months of farming up multiple teams to R5-R7.

I don't think they hit the mark on the personal rewards being equivalent to old rewards, "regardless of difficulty".
  • StarSon
    7466 posts Member
    Options
    KDC99X wrote: »
    Ah yes, key point - that was meant for the personal track only, so including guild rewards should easily exceed that. And (imo) it should've be equivalent at launch, not dependent on months of farming up multiple teams to R5-R7.

I don't think they hit the mark on the personal rewards being equivalent to old rewards, "regardless of difficulty".

I think they just expected more guilds to get the higher crates. They are notoriously out of touch for being the only people with all the data. But since the update, I definitely feel like I am getting way more rewards than before.
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    In general I have been doing pretty well with gearing up to g12, with the exception of kyros which I think are horribly overpriced in the raid store. But, I've also not been gearing up nearly as many toons and stockpiling more lately, so it's hard for me to really make a direct comparison. I do wish we got more on the personal track, and more mk3. The tiny amount we're currently getting is very underwhelming.
    StarSon wrote: »

I think they just expected more guilds to get the higher crates. They are notoriously out of touch for being the only people with all the data. But since the update, I definitely feel like I am getting way more rewards than before.

• StarSon
    7466 posts Member
    Options
    In general I have been doing pretty well with gearing up to g12, with the exception of kyros which I think are horribly overpriced in the raid store. But, I've also not been gearing up nearly as many toons and stockpiling more lately, so it's hard for me to really make a direct comparison. I do wish we got more on the personal track, and more mk3. The tiny amount we're currently getting is very underwhelming.
    StarSon wrote: »

The addition of mk3 has made r8 pretty easy, so I think it's solid.
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    For you maybe! Lol... my mk3 is coming in at a trickle, I have 1345 mk3 currently and I haven't spent any since the new raid system started. :'(
  • Options
    So yeah you can be equivalent or better of IF you're hitting a certain benchmark, but how many guilds/players when switching over, could hit that benchmark? That's a big conditional that's highly situationally dependent, and is being glossed over in a lot of these discussions.

That is what i am trying to say.

So, i think we more or less agree now that NOT ALL players receive an equal or even better raid rewards than b4.

Thus, it leads to another inevitable conclusion that certain players get worse rewards than b4.

I mean, whatever happens to the credits, guild tokens, shards, scavenger mats, and so on that i can't remember from the combined simmed Pit, simmed Tank Takedown, Sith Triumvirate (in my case, i always got some rewards between tier 4 rewards to tier 10 rewards)

Started to play: Oct 30, 2022 --- Ally code: 628-998-777 --- My links: swgoh.gg | youtube | My SWGOH journey | NORDIC KINGDOM is recruiting
  • TVF
    36628 posts Member
    Options
    you buy them with mk1
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kameleonic
    241 posts Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    “What would you suggest they do?.... Give everyone free g13 when you get a character 7 stars?.....”

This type of comment helps nothing. One extreme to another extreme.

Not a single person made such a comment other the person making the comment.
  • Schwartzring
    1442 posts Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    It feels like it’s actually way slower to obtain kyro now, than it was to obtain the other pieces previously, but I’m not sure if that’s just faulty recollection.

That is probably accurate and its not just you.

For my position, I get lower amounts of GET-2 now than previously.
    Less for TB (Geo > RotE) & none for Raids.
    I use GET-2 & GAC pretty much exclusively for purchasing Kyro.
    So less GET-2 = Less Kyro.

Due to the change in Raid Loot, I now end up farming LS/DS Nodes for G12 pieces that I never (rarely) had to farm before.
    So, I'm siming the 2 Kyro nodes less frequently since I'm stuck trying to use Gold Energy for things besides Kyro. (Left side G12)
    This is just one of the things that makes me think that the new system while seeming "iffy" at first is going to get worse over time.

Direct Loss of Kyros that we used to get with Raid Rewards from C-PIT? (I think that is where we got them)

So yes, between those 3 things, I'm seeing Kyro bottleneck increasing instead of getting better...
  • DeusArt
    133 posts Member
    Options
    This is just one of the things that makes me think that the new system while seeming "iffy" at first is going to get worse over time.
    Absolutely.
    And also pay attention to MK10 Holo gear. It was passive income from raids. Now MK1 price for this gear is huge like MK4 Zaltin Gel and best place to buy -> shards shop that is needed for G12 left side which now is so rare. And more G12 left side needed -> less Kyro farmed. Gear economy is changed.
  • Options
    What’s bottlenecking me now? Nothing in the store under any currency that I need. I have two toons at GL12 to get to 13: zero materials they require for a multitude of types are unavailable daily in the store. Only energy will get their mats. Crystals required. Relic materials are now exorbitantly priced keeping my GL13 toons unable to progress in level. Crystals required. It was not at all like this until the past few months, leading me to one conclusion- they are desperate for more money, undoubtedly more F2P players than they want. Newer F2P players will be stuck at GL12 for ages.
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member
    Options
  • Nagz
    74 posts Member
    Options
    Omicrons for me are a bottleneck, because i have 0 idea if they'll be working as intended (lol poggle omi in all gamemodes) , bugged (lol raider tusken) or nerfed due to same thing connecting then all:
    Zero trustworthy testing and guarantee that it'll work the next time or that there will be a refund.
    So i'm sitting on 63, too afraid to spend due to poor quality of CGs handywork
    Will Cap Rex be nerfed? Maybe, maybe not.
  • nfidel2k
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Nagz wrote: »
    Omicrons for me are a bottleneck, because i have 0 idea if they'll be working as intended (lol poggle omi in all gamemodes) , bugged (lol raider tusken) or nerfed due to same thing connecting then all:
    Zero trustworthy testing and guarantee that it'll work the next time or that there will be a refund.

All three of those situations do not create any separation between you and every other player that has the omi. If it’s not WAI, it’s doing the same for everyone and CG will fix it eventually. If it’s bugged, it needs to be reported. But it’s bugged for everyone, and CG will fix it eventually. And if CG nerfs it, it still applies to everyone.

I’m not saying go out and spend those omis now, but don’t be afraid of what may happen later. Make the decision based on whether or not you need it; whether or not you will use it.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    Do you already have all the good omicrons?

I have 20 applied so far: Malgus x3, SK x3, Juhani, Traya, Talon, Asajj, DDK, Poggle, Iden, MJ, Ackbar, Leia, Zam, Wampa, QGJ, Savage.

Only ones I kinda sorta regret are Ackbar/Leia, they gave me some good value for a bit but mostly just not doing anything for me in Kyber. But I also still have them (and ST Han) at g11 in lower Kyber, because I’ve had other priorities. All the rest I would highly recommend.

63 seems like a lot to just have hanging around.
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member
    Options

I have 20 applied so far: Malgus x3, SK x3, Juhani, Traya, Talon, Asajj, DDK, Poggle, Iden, MJ, Ackbar, Leia, Zam, Wampa, QGJ, Savage.

Only ones I kinda sorta regret are Ackbar/Leia, they gave me some good value for a bit but mostly just not doing anything for me in Kyber. But I also still have them (and ST Han) at g11 in lower Kyber, because I’ve had other priorities. All the rest I would highly recommend.

I had 80 stockpiled and just slapped 3 on GI.
    so 3 on GI and Malgus, 2 on SK, 1 on Raddus, Phasma, Talon, Dash, Iden, Juhani, KK, Mara, QGJ, ROLO and Wampa.

Savage may be my next one.
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    That’s a good list! :) I would recommend Traya at some point as well, definitely Savage. I would have Dash but I don’t have the other prepared units built up to use it yet. I think SK is worth all 3 as well, but I can understand running just 2. They make a huge impact!
  • Options
    twstdbydsn wrote: »

so 3 on GI and Malgus, 2 on SK, 1 on Raddus, Phasma, Talon, Dash, Iden, Juhani, KK, Mara, QGJ, ROLO and Wampa.

You should've put Savage's on before GI's 1, let alone 3. Unless you're in a TW-centric guild that only cares about TW, his aren't really needed until Reva maybe?

Savage and Traya should be your next two if you want to have more weapons in GAC.
  • Options
    Bottleneck for different stage of players are gonna be different. For me, it is always signal data. The green signal data seems to be the only thing occasionally buy with crystals (because green one seems cheaper priced relatively to blue or white).

Btw, what is the best use of mk1 raid currency? So far it is only useful to buy credits, mod material, the mk3 that can be crafted to scape for aurodium.
  • Nagz
    74 posts Member
    Options
    nfidel2k wrote: »

All three of those situations do not create any separation between you and every other player that has the omi. If it’s not WAI, it’s doing the same for everyone and CG will fix it eventually. If it’s bugged, it needs to be reported. But it’s bugged for everyone, and CG will fix it eventually. And if CG nerfs it, it still applies to everyone.

I’m not saying go out and spend those omis now, but don’t be afraid of what may happen later. Make the decision based on whether or not you need it; whether or not you will use it.

I was waiting to finish Dr. Aphra event, hence the hogging of omis and kyros. Spending them

I respectfuly disagree on the "not creating seperation" part.
    If, in theory, I and the enemy have 3 omicrons? We were on mostly equall footing (ignore inequality in omicrons worth)
    Then there is a update and one of mine is prohibited from killing a GL, so now i have 2 and enemy, who didn't invest in that one, still has 3.
    May God have mercy on you if any omicron gets glitched, becuase then you are facing a slight uphill battle.
  • Options
    nfidel2k wrote: »

I was waiting to finish Dr. Aphra event, hence the hogging of omis and kyros. Spending them

I respectfuly disagree on the "not creating seperation" part.
    If, in theory, I and the enemy have 3 omicrons? We were on mostly equall footing (ignore inequality in omicrons worth)
    Then there is a update and one of mine is prohibited from killing a GL, so now i have 2 and enemy, who didn't invest in that one, still has 3.
    May God have mercy on you if any omicron gets glitched, becuase then you are facing a slight uphill battle.

I meant between you and anyone else with the same omi.

But, to use your scenario, you would have avoided purchasing the third omi so you would be fighting with only two while your opponent has three…
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    I would assert that many omicrons that don’t work against GLs still have tremendous value, especially if you’re generally “punching up”. Traya, QGJ, Poggle, MJ…I actually waited until after they nerfed Traya, QGJ, and Poggle, and still applied them, and am quite happy with those choices. An omicron that deactivates against a GL, in context of a really strong team, can still force your opponent to use a GL against it on defense, shifting their whole offensive play. If you generally fight at a significant GL disadvantage like I do, that can be huge.

Offensively, they can still give you much more roster flexibility overall.

Glitches are a seperate issue, I wish they’d fix Tusken, because I’m not going to apply that one until it is.
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member
    Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »

You should've put Savage's on before GI's 1, let alone 3. Unless you're in a TW-centric guild that only cares about TW, his aren't really needed until Reva maybe?

Savage and Traya should be your next two if you want to have more weapons in GAC.

Yeah we are a pretty TW/TB focused for the most part. I try to do what's best for the guild first then take care of my own stuff. Savage and Tray are most likely the next two. Traya may be first because she's at least relic'd, Savage just got pushed to G12 not too long ago. Droideka is probably the third on the list.
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member
    Options
    That’s a good list! :) I would recommend Traya at some point as well, definitely Savage. I would have Dash but I don’t have the other prepared units built up to use it yet. I think SK is worth all 3 as well, but I can understand running just 2. They make a huge impact!

I don't have the other prepared units ready either, so that was probably a mistake putting that so fast.
  • Ryche
    151 posts Member
    Options
    Kyrotech.
  • Ryche
    151 posts Member
    Options
    xpgammer wrote: »
    Credits and EP

like credits in real life or in-game? haha
  • Options
    I don't have the other prepared units ready either, so that was probably a mistake putting that so fast.

I run my r7 ODash with g8-g11 team and it still works. My record was 8 battles that he hold in def cause opponents underestimate him)
  • Miketo28
    208 posts Member
    Options
    For my 9 million account, kyros. I have 500 of the dark side one and 450 of the light side one. However, I am saving for when I unlock Malgus (quit the game for about 6 months). Once Malgus is unlocked that stockpile of kyros won't be enough even to get him to gear 13. Next gearing will be the inquisitor squad. Not even willing to do the math on how many kyros will be needed for that squad and some are already gear 12.

For my 1.2 million account it is credits and kyros. At some point I will need to stop farming ship and character shards and just farm kyros. I have vadar at relic 5 and nothing else, just stop at gear 12.