Conquest sector 1 mini-boss (hard)

Replies

• YurArm
    18 posts Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Imp.troopers' turn mater gain now not working in sector1?
    Ex.on miniboss.

And why dont you wrote key mechanics of miniboss
  • Options
    There better be some compensation for this. For people who already had, or are about to have their daily reset, this essentially loses them a full day of conquest progress, on top of all the energy and crystals wasted trying to beat those 2 nodes (On top of still not being fixed apparently, costing people even more time and ressources). No compensation for this would just straight up be criminal, considering some people bought the passes and now can't even progress.
  • Options
    Gawejn wrote: »
    Nope, it is not fixed. I dont have any team to beat it. My gls were destroyed. Good luck with cere junda surviving..

I'd be happy with ANYONE surviving at this point...
  • Gawejn
    1125 posts Member
    Options
    Nope, it is not fixed. I dont have any team to beat it. My gls were destroyed. Good luck with cere junda surviving..

I'd be happy with ANYONE surviving at this point...

Hahahahhahahah...
  • Options
    Imp.troopers' turn mater gain now not working in sector1?

If the s1 miniboss was based on Challenge Rancor rather than earlier versions then we would expect the TM gain to fail.

I did try with Imps, but I was mainly checking to see that the Gammorean boss had unstoppable TM gains when struck (he did) which is a Challenge Rancor feature. I did not bother to look to see if the Imp TM gain was failing or was just being outpaced by Boss TM gain, but I wouldn't be surprised if Imp TM gain was not functioning. (Challenge Rancor prevented TM gain, correct?)

This isn't just a case of "overturned". They copied the Challenge Raid mechanics, which are dramatically different from regular mechanics and are specifically designed to prevent anyone from using TM trains and other valuable tools.

• Options
    Pretty sure this is CG just trying to get us to by the conquest pass. They’d rather make something impossible that requires the conquest pass than actually give us something in the conquest pass that makes it worth buying
  • Options
    Also whoever test this game is lazy and should be fired. Literally every update there is a huge bug that needs to be fixed.
  • Options
    I’m so tired of being ignored by the programmers in this game, or by their management key holders. Fix your work. I’ve actually put cash into playing because I enjoy it, and ignoring issues that cost money violates all sorts of federal regulations…
  • Options
    The only team I found to work was Rey, Ben solo, cere junda, JKR, and Cal. The key is to get death mark on Ben and never cleanse it. Eventually all the turn meter gain will boost up Rey’s damage and you can kill them around the 2 minute mark
  • Options
    Pretty sure this is CG just trying to get us to by the conquest pass.

Also whoever test this game is lazy and should be fired.

No and no.

I'm sure that I as annoyed as the next player, but there's no need to resort to conspiracies about forcing the Conquest Pass. For one thing it's not going to work, so it's a bad idea to start with. But the more important reason to reject it is that these games involve hundreds of thousands of lines of code. It's incredibly easy for software to get buggy and incredibly hard to prevent it. You don't need evil to explain it.

Finally, you're assuming that the testers are responsible rather than the managers. Devs and testers are frequently working overtime at companies like CG. While I don't know the policies at CG itself, game studios are not known to be employee friendly places. With changing ideas of how a game should work and how it should be balanced, it's more likely that the programmers did good work and testers checked the work and then a new order came down from on high with no time left to properly implement that idea than it is that management gave clear instructions with a reasonable division of labor and time allowed but the devs and testers sat on their thumbs.

And, again, it's also possible that it's just a complicated piece of software and bugs happened that didn't show up during testing because one group was working on Conquest while another was working on something else and those things were tested separately when in fact they interact, producing behaviour that was never tested.

But if we're going to start blaming individuals at CG, there's no reason to go assuming it's the devs and testers that are lazy when there have been plenty of well-sourced stories that game companies work those employees to the bone.
  • YurArm
    18 posts Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    I am not surprised) Nothing is working in this battle miniboss.
    I become crazy - I have legend, many meta packs, always get gold prize in hard in last conquests st. And now I think, thats it, its end, - I will not pass even sector1. Game over.
    ::Crying::
  • Options
    12thParsec wrote: »
    The only team I found to work was Rey, Ben solo, cere junda, JKR, and Cal. The key is to get death mark on Ben and never cleanse it. Eventually all the turn meter gain will boost up Rey’s damage and you can kill them around the 2 minute mark

Rey, Ben Solo, CAT, GAS, Armorer worked for me after the 'hot fix.' But what about those who don't have Rey? Hosed 1/2 through Tier 1?
  • Options
    Lost with Jabba, won with this team. s3rvsmhcbea9.jpg
  • Gawejn
    1125 posts Member
    Options

Rey, Ben Solo, CAT, GAS, Armorer worked for me after the 'hot fix.' But what about those who don't have Rey? Hosed 1/2 through Tier 1?

It is not about having rey, i have rey and i made 4 ults and couldnt kill anyone. I dont have ben, this is the problem. Also i tried slkr after fix, full stamina, health medpack, defense penetration med pack and there is no way to beat it.
  • Options

It is not about having rey, i have rey and i made 4 ults and couldnt kill anyone. I dont have ben, this is the problem. Also i tried slkr after fix, full stamina, health medpack, defense penetration med pack and there is no way to beat it.

Ben soaks the death mark. He can't be killed with Rey and having protection.
  • Options
    And what’s with the 1 battle consumables? 15 used to get you 4 battles.
  • Options
    Seedy, the problem here isn’t buggy code.

It’s bad design.

No and no.

I'm sure that I as annoyed as the next player, but there's no need to resort to conspiracies about forcing the Conquest Pass. For one thing it's not going to work, so it's a bad idea to start with. But the more important reason to reject it is that these games involve hundreds of thousands of lines of code. It's incredibly easy for software to get buggy and incredibly hard to prevent it. You don't need evil to explain it.

Finally, you're assuming that the testers are responsible rather than the managers. Devs and testers are frequently working overtime at companies like CG. While I don't know the policies at CG itself, game studios are not known to be employee friendly places. With changing ideas of how a game should work and how it should be balanced, it's more likely that the programmers did good work and testers checked the work and then a new order came down from on high with no time left to properly implement that idea than it is that management gave clear instructions with a reasonable division of labor and time allowed but the devs and testers sat on their thumbs.

And, again, it's also possible that it's just a complicated piece of software and bugs happened that didn't show up during testing because one group was working on Conquest while another was working on something else and those things were tested separately when in fact they interact, producing behaviour that was never tested.

But if we're going to start blaming individuals at CG, there's no reason to go assuming it's the devs and testers that are lazy when there have been plenty of well-sourced stories that game companies work those employees to the bone.

• Options
    Master Kenobi, with padme can beat it, need to get as many shreds as posible with Commander Ashoka and make sure to wipe mark on general kenobi. Still can’t beat it with everyone surviving but got past it after 6 tries.
  • Options

It’s bad design.

Okay, but the problem I'm addressing isn't whether "bugged" or "designed badly" is the better description.

The problem I'm addressing is whether 12th Parsec should assume coders & testers are lazy when managers/architects have dramatically more impact on a project and whether the fix for this problem is firing lazy testers. Indeed, the fact that you prefer "designed badly" seems to indicate that you agree that this isn't a problem that we can slough off on testers' laziness. Am I wrong?
  • Options

No and no.

There are plenty of other games that release updates that are not this buggy if any bugs. That alone disproves CG just having a little oppsie. It’s literally every update a bug comes and wrecks the game. It’s understandable if the game just came out but this game has been up for years and almost every update they have to release a patch or hot fix and some times in this case they have to release a hot fix for their hot fix. If the coding and development process is too complicated for them then they need to go learn about what they are doing more and bring in a team like many many other games have that know how to release content without breaking their game almost every time. Yes we can have sympathy and say “they are just humans” but CG has gone past that. We didn’t join this community salty. CG has a history of screwing up, no communication, greedy, and so much more. I know I’m not alone when I say this but CG has left a foul taste in my mouth and I’m not sure there is anyway to fix that.
  • Options
    CG has a history of screwing up, no communication, greedy, and so much more.

I am not disagreeing (though if you're looking for corporations to be something other than "greedy" you need to learn a bit more about capitalism).

What I objected to was

1. Your assertion that this was deliberate and an attempt to "force" people to buy the conquest pass, and

2. your assertion that the testers were lazy and must be fired. I doubt the testers are lazy and I doubt firing the testers will fix the problems at CG.

I don't think that CG thought, "Oh, if only we release buggy, impossible boss battles, then our Conquest Pass sales will increase!"

And as for #2, not only does that contradict #1, but I think the long history of bugged releases tends to disprove it. If the highest paid employees could fix their headaches by firing the lowest-paid employees, you know that they would do it. And as I alluded to before, many game developers have been caught abusing their employees in lots of ways, with low level coders and testers being forced to work obscene hours. I have no evidence that CG is guilty of this, but when it's common for the industry that the lowest level employees are working incredibly long hours under demanding conditions, I think it's unfair to blame those employees at CG.

In short, I think that the charge of lazy low-level employees is unfair. Bring some evidence on that point or I'm far more likely to blame the highest-paid employees -- the managers and software architects.
  • Options
    There’s a big difference between a bug and releasing completely broken content.

All it would have taken is one tester to do play the event to see that things were not working correctly.

If conquest did actually have a quality assurance team play the content, I would love to see the test data where they deemed the content was ready to be released.

There have been multiple releases as of late where the content was just unplayable which is on a much higher level than a bug/glich.
  • Options
    My SLKR was in his aggressive stance and got 1 shotted......did not think that was possible according to his kit.
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    No, you're not wrong.

It’s bad design.

Okay, but the problem I'm addressing isn't whether "bugged" or "designed badly" is the better description.

The problem I'm addressing is whether 12th Parsec should assume coders & testers are lazy when managers/architects have dramatically more impact on a project and whether the fix for this problem is firing lazy testers. Indeed, the fact that you prefer "designed badly" seems to indicate that you agree that this isn't a problem that we can slough off on testers' laziness. Am I wrong?

• Options
    Hahahahaha and here I was thinking about buying the conquest pass. Not if I can't get past some stupid Gamorrian. Piggy is on some steroids
  • Options
    I’ve tried all my GL’s and nothing has worked
  • Options
    295dx7hswi8u.jpg

Ok got it after using this team. Still not sure if I'm gonna buy the pass though with the feats, might just get gold and get Gideon later
  • Options
    I just beat the piggies easily (after burning energy and crystals like everyone else though)
    With Padme and the Steadfast Retribution tech that reflects damage back.. luckily the Conquest store has extended to having 4 faction techs at a time and there was one there
  • 12Angry_Minh
    26 posts Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    ho06ul12pbcv.jpg

Try this if you have it.

Zombie and daka are g12, Cere is 3*, SLKR and Wat are r7.
  • Options
    This has really made me mad I put a little money in this game but I’m going to stop until they can roll out some launches without bugs. Also this is the worst thing about this game and they’re trying to make it harder? Why? The third sister event is way to hard and I don’t understand why. This has really burnt me out in this game. I put all this effort to get characters to play in events i despise.