Conquest sector 1 mini-boss (hard)

Replies

• Options
    It's impossible to beat. It's sector 1 for god sake.. it should be doable with every team in R5+.. I used five R8/9 toons and it cannot be done.
  • Options
    Did they fix it already? I can do with R5 Padme R8 GK R6 Anakin Asoka CAT
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb @CG_RyDiggs @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI @CG_MindTricks @CG_Tusken_Meathead

Hope you have a plan for refunding everyone who spent out on a Conquest Pass for this hot mess? It's bordering on fraud to continue to take people's money for something you know is completely broken. Test your damned game for once!

Not fraud because they obviously didn't know it was bugged since they clearly didn't even do the most cursory of testing before release. It's not fraud - it's incompetence!
  • Lumiya
    1514 posts Member
    Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    Hortus wrote: »
    SLKR with Daka-Zombie cheese makes this fight jokingly easy (even before nerf) and allows Cere feat as well. But well, limiting the very first miniboss to very narrow list if teams just to pass it isn't look good.

And I think that's rhe thing. Let's take a player with 5 mill GP, a couple of GLs maybe, who has been doing hard mode Conquest for a year. They might not have got the red box in the past, maybe middling or gold and finish most or all sectors. Going into this one, that's their expectation and not an unreasonable one in my view.

If the spike in difficulty is intentional then it doesn't seem to have been communicated and our hypothetical player could be stuck with only 2 data discs, just halfway through sector 1. Harsh.

Exactly. If they already expect players to have very specific characters and GLs in the first half of Sector 1, then I am sure not even half of the players playing hard Conquest will be able to succeed. Not everyone has 10M GP and all GLs and characters.

This is absolutely ridiculous and if it is their intention to up the difficulty this much so they can sell Consumables that last only 1 battle for the same price as before and if they intend that Conquest is only playable with using Consumables, I will no longer play Conquest. It is already a lot of crystals to buy the refreshes and I will not spend even more for Consumables that make poof after one! battle. Even if they would still last 4, NO THANK YOU! Nevermind the fact that it would also mean that you need the disc that boosts the Consumables and there is no guarantee that you get it, thanks to the stupid random factor.

Conquest was already a huge slog, made even worse by the feats in this one... if the difficulty rise is really intended like this with the Bosses, I will have lost any interest that was left to play this mode. And I know I am not alone
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    i could try see bando bossk (zero speed) because i dont have zombie gear 10, but i only have 96 crystals and im not going to waste it on conquest, now i need to wait the energy to refresh it self
  • Options
    ho06ul12pbcv.jpg

Try this if you have it.

Zombie and daka are g12, Cere is 3*, SLKR and Wat are r7.

Ya dancer! 3 starred it no problem (with a 3 star gear level 1 Cere surviving). Thanks 12 Angry - you are a minsch
  • Options
    I am using Voluntary Vanguard, Blindside, and Unstable.

Used JTR, BB8, low Cere, low Ben, C3PO for 3 stars at the piggies.

Used JTR, BB8, low Ben, C3PO, R2 for 3 stars at the rancor.
  • Options
    I've seen only a few teams being able to beat this mini boss, but I don't have the full team on either of them. And I'm not going to up them just to beat a lvl 1 mini boss, this is not a GL event.
    If I don't see any kind of positive response from CG soon, that's going to be the end of it for me.
  • Hortus
    636 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, classic JTR robots squad makes 3* at the Rancor (he can't make a move after BB8 explodes with buffs).

Also 1st datacron node still doable with g12 Phoenix if Rex outspeeds all but Echo. But I have zKanan, idk if it works without his zeta.
  • Options
    Yes, classic JTR robots squad makes 3* at the Rancor (he can't make a move after BB8 explodes with buffs).

Also 1st datacron node still doable with g12 Phoenix if Rex outspeeds all but Echo. But I have zKanan, idk if it works without his zeta.

It doesn't work for me, or at least would need a lot of rng. Basically Phoenix don't have quick cleansing (without zKanan), it's pretty hard to recover from Echo's mass daze.
  • Options
    Lumiya wrote: »
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    SLKR with Daka-Zombie cheese makes this fight jokingly easy (even before nerf) and allows Cere feat as well. But well, limiting the very first miniboss to very narrow list if teams just to pass it isn't look good.

And I think that's rhe thing. Let's take a player with 5 mill GP, a couple of GLs maybe, who has been doing hard mode Conquest for a year. They might not have got the red box in the past, maybe middling or gold and finish most or all sectors. Going into this one, that's their expectation and not an unreasonable one in my view.

If the spike in difficulty is intentional then it doesn't seem to have been communicated and our hypothetical player could be stuck with only 2 data discs, just halfway through sector 1. Harsh.

Exactly. If they already expect players to have very specific characters and GLs in the first half of Sector 1, then I am sure not even half of the players playing hard Conquest will be able to succeed. Not everyone has 10M GP and all GLs and characters.

This is absolutely ridiculous and if it is their intention to up the difficulty this much so they can sell Consumables that last only 1 battle for the same price as before and if they intend that Conquest is only playable with using Consumables, I will no longer play Conquest. It is already a lot of crystals to buy the refreshes and I will not spend even more for Consumables that make poof after one! battle. Even if they would still last 4, NO THANK YOU! Nevermind the fact that it would also mean that you need the disc that boosts the Consumables and there is no guarantee that you get it, thanks to the stupid random factor.

Conquest was already a huge slog, made even worse by the feats in this one... if the difficulty rise is really intended like this with the Bosses, I will have lost any interest that was left to play this mode. And I know I am not alone

I am a long time player. 5.3mil GP. Just unlocked SEE (late, I know. GLs were not a priority, being full F2p). I have been able to clear hard Conquest, usually fully though sector 3, with no issues. Usually get 2nd or 3rd crate, without much of an effort. I have a well off enough set of teams, that can get me there, without wasting many battles, 3-staring 90% of them, along the way. Come to this Conquest. Start hard mode. Do the first few battles, which are MUCH more difficult than usual. No matter, we got this. Get to piggy. Do you know how IMPOSSIBLE this battle is? If CG doesn't fix this, me, (and as stated above, many, many others in my shoes/GP group, that have completed this before) are essentially HOSED. We have no way to get any meaning rewards from the system, and would have been 1000x better off, gunning for normal mode red crate. That is extremely unfair, to the thousands of players in my shoes. It's utter ridiculous at this point
  • Options
    Why is it taking too long for the hotfix?
    Why put the heroic raid Gamorreans for the first mini boss? LIke Jabba's ultimate doen't instakill them.
    Come on CG.. where's the credibility?
  • Options
    It's not just that everything has been made extremely difficult with the bosses... the mobs are much faster. It no longer looks like an attractive game to me, but rather pure stress
  • RatixFarren
    11 posts Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Multiple refreshes worth of crystals, bought the boosters, and wasted my time. Looks like I'm back to ignoring conquest altogether, this really isn't worth the frustration. Amazing how this game can add all my most desired characters over a few months AND make me want to quit playing altogether with stuff like this, it's honestly impressive.
  • Options
    We all should quit this game and get a life.
    Kyber Crystal Adapts - Now Defunctified - Send ally request to 982-912-816
  • Options
    this situation is truly ridiculous, no legend wins, you are really pushing us to abandon this game... remember that if we actually did it, you would find yourselves without a job
  • VladoVDD
    149 posts Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    pity TB started and i have to wait 1 week until quit. 10,7 million account struggling for gold crate - no thanks. cg managed to ruin the only mode left i was enjoying - thanks for that - really - now i won't waste my time with the others
    dumb feats and buffed nodes can get this - ewok themed nxuhy6wv0l2f.gif
    Post edited by VladoVDD on
  • Options
    Well, I'm not wasting any more time on this Conquest until they fix it, and far as the Conquest Pass is concerned, I've just got a refund confirmed by Google Play - ask for your money back if you've bought one too. I'm not buying another one in future until I see that there's nobody reporting of this kind of **** happening. CG might not give a flying f*** about customer feedback alone, but they might pay a little attention if it starts costing them.

4z3km1ugrdw2.jpg
  • Options
    Folks, if you haven't already, I'd suggest checking out BitDynasty's content on YouTube. He might not always be able to provide a solution (roster dependent) but his advice is good and has got me out of a hole on more than one occasion.
  • Options
    My jabba got through first try with jabba team but only because krass got damage immunity, and i put it on auto basic until jabba got ult and ate the Guard. i feel lucky reading other horror stories, truly ridiculous.
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb @CG_RyDiggs @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI @CG_MindTricks @CG_Tusken_Meathead This is an utterly ridiculous blunder of a conquest. I have a 7 million GP account, and up until this conquest I have been able to consistently hit gold crate almost every single month and thus have been able to unlock the exclusive conquest characters well before they go to proving grounds, and I have been able to do this with only a single GL in my roster, that being JML. I am currently working to unlock a second GL but have not yet finished the requirements. This conquest, due to the absurdity of the difficulty in the mini boss node in sector one, i cannot even reach the datacron node. If I cannot get passed this mini boss node, at 7 million GP, with all the tools i have beyond my GL, how is it even remotely possible for you all to expect a brand new 4 million GP account to be able to get anywhere? Hard mode conquest should be manageable for a 4 million GP account to get through enough to receive better rewards than if they stayed in normal mode, but with as difficult as the very first mini boss is, anyone who moved to hard mode for the first time this conquest got completely screwed, as well as a number of people like myself who have not had issue completing all of hard mode in a very long time. On top of that, if you actually want people to engage in your eternal time/resource drain that is datacrons, why would you gate them behind such a difficult mini-boss / boss node? Stop shooting yourselves in the foot and make the game enjoyable for your player base, and test your game before releasing content so you don't have to re-do the balancing work later.
  • Options
    Just chiming in to say how much this sucks. I got Chest 3 my first Hard Mode back in April and then put in the work to learn the mode and have gotten Chest 6 ever since. I enjoy figuring out how to do all the feats required and was even looking forward to this Conquest despite it having the most troublesome feats to date.
    Now I'm staring at the Gam Guards waiting for a Steadfast Retribution tech to show up in the store. This doesn't make me want to do refreshes. It doesn't make me want to spend money. It doesn't make me want to put in more screen time. If the difficult doesn't get reverted, I'll just put a token effort into Normal Conquests going forward.
  • Options
    I managed to 3 star the steroid piggies with SLKR, Daka, Zombie, Wat, and Cere like others have suggested. I'm stuck on Rancor now and the JTR droids team isn't working for me. Probably because my bb8 and R2 are both G12.

When is there going to be an ACTUAL fix for this? I don't recall, but I don't think the bosses went into enrage in the previous conquests did they? The piggies and rancor are obviously juiced up this time so that's part of the issue. Is the other part as simple as turning off enrage?

I'm done wasting energy on this conquest. I'm sure as hell not going to buy the pass. Each new conquest season is worse than the previous one. I'd love to be a fly on the wall in some of these "planning" meetings where they come up with their "genious" ideas. This game is just complete **** at this point.
  • Options
    Just adding my voice to the complaints. I’m considering this Conquest a bust and will start doing Normal setting. I used to be able to get to fifth crate, then only to third for a while. Last time only got first. This time that 1st stage mini boss is impassible. Sorry to all those who wasted money on this. It’s not worth it.
  • Options
    Just got my JMK and LV wiped, started this conquest just today and was "slightly" confused... Read about yesterday's (?) fix but the does not seem to change anything....
  • Options
    I decided to buy the pass for the first time this conquest, figuring it would help me unlock the new gideon quicker since I'm always behind on those characters. I'm mostly f2p, spent minimal money but was willing to change that slightly for this. I am now completely regretting that decision. This is just ridiculous.
  • Options
    @SuperSix_SL

The fix did indeed change ... something. We're not entirely sure what it changed, but there were changes. It's also true that the DC node is nothing like the difficulty it was set at last Conquest and the s1 mid-boss was still only beatable by very specific combinations of toons and disks, leaving many people unable to complete them even if they were regular Gold Crate or Red Crate players in the past.

This is the latest communication from CG about the whole situation:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/266057/conquest-hard-mode-update#latest

As you can see, it's rather vague on some important points.

This is the thread to discuss the latest communication from CG:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/266061/discuss-the-latest-conquest-communication#latest

We won't really know if they're on the right track until tomorrow, and we won't know for sure that they've done an adequate job until compensation goes out, which might not be until Thursday or Friday. But we do know that they plan to "adjust" Hard Mode, and we do know the adjustment is targeted for tomorrow afternoon, San Francisco time.
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Cynical take (and possibly unfair) but maybe the ramping up off the difficulty was not unintentional, but it gets pushed out to gauge the player response. It gets adjusted, slightly, but the intention to make it harder still stays. But players are happier because it's less hard that the current iteration.
  • Options
    I take exception with the notion that simply turning the dial up on enemy characters makes the game "hard". While the denotation of "hard" is "with a great deal of effort" may apply in some contexts, the point of "hard" in video games should be strategic or skill-based. This is a crappy mobile game, so there's no real "skill" involved, but rather all strategy. To simply plug in larger numbers for enemies does not make it "hard", it makes it "****." If a level 95 is hard, isn't a level 100 harder? And wouldn't a level 300 be even harder? How about level 3,000 - super hard. At what point do your recognize that this is not strategic and "hard" should not apply.

Using only your feet and no machines, throwing a golf ball the length of a football field through a net that is 1/16" larger than the golf ball itself without it hitting the ground is, by the definition of the people who use that phrase as justification for the poor quality of this game, "hard". But it's not hard, it's just stupid. Much like this game.
  • Cynyc
    271 posts Member
    Options
    I take exception with the notion that simply turning the dial up on enemy characters makes the game "hard". While the denotation of "hard" is "with a great deal of effort" may apply in some contexts, the point of "hard" in video games should be strategic or skill-based. This is a crappy mobile game, so there's no real "skill" involved, but rather all strategy. To simply plug in larger numbers for enemies does not make it "hard", it makes it "****." If a level 95 is hard, isn't a level 100 harder? And wouldn't a level 300 be even harder? How about level 3,000 - super hard. At what point do your recognize that this is not strategic and "hard" should not apply.

Using only your feet and no machines, throwing a golf ball the length of a football field through a net that is 1/16" larger than the golf ball itself without it hitting the ground is, by the definition of the people who use that phrase as justification for the poor quality of this game, "hard". But it's not hard, it's just stupid. Much like this game.

I love everything about this post.