Why? I dont get anything, other Players get this

Replies

• Options
    Skorf26 wrote: »
    d8ouf6ok304d.png

Looks like they don’t know how to fix it. Revert back and don’t reward people who didn’t get it (CG said people who bought hdb are out).

So they give 20k shards to some and not others. Lots of DC can be bought with that which then gives a GAC advantage to those people. So if you didn’t get the shards, you’re screwed twice over, once by not getting them and then twice by being at a disadvantage in GAC

Wow I hadn’t read that properly. That’s literally the worst possible response bar ignoring it completely. Completely tone deaf approach. My 1.3M account could really have used these resources to try and survive in Bronzium having recently hit 85 thanks CG for compounding the advantage much older accounts already have.
  • thecooldue1996
    267 posts Member
    edited June 7
    Options
    am a new player coming back after losing my main account 4 years ago. ymrz2l80u8tj.png
    I am level 76 and didn't get ANY quests so newer players are now ahead of me. This is all I have on PC beta
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    442 posts EA Community Manager
    Options
    For the folks in the 1-84 Range, I'm gonna poke the team tomorrow and check to make sure all those things fired off.

I have a feeling those inbox messages never went out.
  • Unagi
    5 posts Member
    Options
    am a new player coming back after losing my main account 4 years ago. ymrz2l80u8tj.png
    I am level 76 and didn't get ANY quests so newer players are now ahead of me. This is all I have on PC beta

Same with me. My lvl 64 acc is now 77 and my other account that was lvl 74 only went up 2 lvld due to the quests not showing
  • Tsfletch
    212 posts Member
    Options
    I have quests which I can't complete, as I'm well past the completion requirements... wirxap9bi6mz.jpg
    qtvd0z6pt9rp.jpg

E.g. "Promote Ahsoka Tano to 2 star", when I already have her at 7 stars so can't get her any higher...

I have the same problem.
  • jim1907
    15 posts Member
    Options
    For the folks in the 1-84 Range, I'm gonna poke the team tomorrow and check to make sure all those things fired off.

Thank you and I hope that this does solve the issue for everyone in the 1-84 range.
  • Options

Would that include those who were level 84 but since the update have ticked over to level 85?
  • Options
    I feel like some people have not understood the explanation for why some just got a bunch of shards, some did not.

I got hardly any shards just now. But I have not missed out on anything. I got those shards, but long ago.

I'll have a go.

If a player who was below level 85 bought the HDB, they skipped a bunch of quests that they would have done along the way on the journey up through the levels. The purchase of the HDB at that point meant they never got to do those quests and never got the rewards. They didn't need them, as the HDB gave all those characters at a higher level than the quest would have helped them get to. Those are the dormant quests that just got woken up, and players got those shards.

I did not buy the HDB until after I was lvl 85. I already got all those quest rewards but at a time where they had much more impact on my roster than just some SSC. They actually helped me progress characters at the time, which saved days or weeks of node farming. I didn't miss out, I did better out of them.

So now, the early purchasers of a HDB have actually gotten more out of their purchase than before, not less. There is no punishment for spenders here.

Late purchasers already had these rewards, they just didn't get a double dip. They have not missed out on anything or suffered for having made a purchase.

Now everyone has the rewards from progressing from lvl 1 to lvl 85.

Nice.
  • LordI
    73 posts Member
    Options
    Many old players like me in the same situation

Shame
    This game sucks
  • Skyryser
    33 posts Member
    edited June 7
    Options
    I feel like some people have not understood the explanation for why some just got a bunch of shards, some did not.

I got hardly any shards just now. But I have not missed out on anything. I got those shards, but long ago.

I'll have a go.

If a player who was below level 85 bought the HDB, they skipped a bunch of quests that they would have done along the way on the journey up through the levels. The purchase of the HDB at that point meant they never got to do those quests and never got the rewards. They didn't need them, as the HDB gave all those characters at a higher level than the quest would have helped them get to. Those are the dormant quests that just got woken up, and players got those shards.

I did not buy the HDB until after I was lvl 85. I already got all those quest rewards but at a time where they had much more impact on my roster than just some SSC. They actually helped me progress characters at the time, which saved days or weeks of node farming. I didn't miss out, I did better out of them.

So now, the early purchasers of a HDB have actually gotten more out of their purchase than before, not less. There is no punishment for spenders here.

Late purchasers already had these rewards, they just didn't get a double dip. They have not missed out on anything or suffered for having made a purchase.

Nice.

You may not have understood that people who didn’t get the HDB and recently hit 85 AND haven’t had these toons/upgrades/quest got little or nothing, while people who have purchased the HDB or have been playing for years did. See my earlier post (and other posts from other players) about someone starting an account on the same day as me, buying the HDB and getting a huge number of quests & 20k+ shards (so far). We wouldn’t be upset about the outcome if it were what you are describing.

Edit: There are also players who haven’t yet hit 85 but are close, and received nothing at all, whereas it has worked as intended for many others. Some very old accounts with no HDB who got 30k+ shards worth, while other identical accounts got diddly squat (with no discernible reason as to why not). There’s clearly something wrong and it seems it’s too messy to acknowledge and fix.

• fam
    4 posts Member
    Options
    Never bought the HDB, level 77. Got like no quests, no shards, and leveling has not changed at all. Is CG rewarding older accounts to force new players to spend money?
  • Skorf26
    23 posts Member
    edited June 7
    Options

I'll have a go.

Nice.

I don’t think you’re understanding what the problem is. No one is upset that the small accounts below level 85 are getting the rewards here (though there’s many posts about them not getting the rewards, so CG failed there). That’s your main argument.

Here’s part of MeatHead’s post on page 4.

“At the same time, we added a requirement to these quests so that they would not be added to the player's Quest Log when the player purchased the Hyperdrive Bundle, which is why those who purchased the HDB are not seeing them.

The intention was that these quests would not appear for anyone who had previously reached level 85, not just those who had purchased the HDB

As originally posted, we were planning to make these additional rewards available to players who had reached level 85 after May 22nd through an inbox delivery. We never intended to have any players above level 85 receive these quests in this way.”

This is where the problem lies. A lot of Old accounts that have already done the quests, didn’t buy the HDB then got a lot of the quests reactivated.

So these people got the additional 20k shards (and have been level 85 for years and completed these quests prior) while others didn’t…. His last line there, “we never intended for it to happen”. But it did, and accounts got rewarded quite a bit (and by his admission, people who never bought the HDB were often the ones rewarded). Now they are just shutting it down and not doing any other rewards so if you bought the HDB you are being punished (unless they change their mind).

So basically if you bought the HDB, then you don’t get the second chance to do the quests (since CG screwed up) and miss out on a lot of shards (20k worth?). Shards that can be used for DC, which then gives a lot bigger advantage to people in GAC.
  • Herios
    5 posts Member
    Options
    Same, lv 77 here and had only a few quests

Like I saw people around lv 50 had a 80 shard Y-wing quest but I never had this one, and probably many others :/

I hope I will have them in few days
  • Morgoth01
    524 posts Member
    Options

I'll have a go.

Nice.

So many words, so much wrong.

The vast majority (all?) of the old accounts who got 20-30K SSC are those who never bought the HDB, not those who bought it when below level 85.

No HDB buyers in my guild got any new quests. Most non-HDB buyers got new quests and 20-30K SSC.
    No account in my guild is less than 10M GP so all older accounts.
  • Lovimgsaskia1
    375 posts Member
    edited June 7
    Options
    Or maybe you could look at it as another way and rewarding those older (I'm close to a day 1 player) for sticking with the game for so long through the highs and lows.
    I have to say post omis there has been more lows than highs.
  • Jep24
    5 posts Member
    Options
    Or maybe you could look at it as another way and rewarding those older (I'm close to a day 1 player) for sticking with the game for so long through the highs and lows.

The thing meathead posted about account age was just words, my account is from 18 and didnt recieve Jack, several players in my guild with younger accounts did.

I came back from a 4 year break recently and while theres many quality of life improvements along with lsb, the overall impression is that whoever runs this now dgaf, communication is as bad as its always been but the amount of gamechanging bugs and mistakes are baffling - worst thing is that reading what meathead writes I think they think theyre doing a decent job.
  • Options
    Jep24 wrote: »

The thing meathead posted about account age was just words, my account is from 18 and didnt recieve Jack, several players in my guild with younger accounts did.

I came back from a 4 year break recently and while theres many quality of life improvements along with lsb, the overall impression is that whoever runs this now dgaf, communication is as bad as its always been but the amount of gamechanging bugs and mistakes are baffling - worst thing is that reading what meathead writes I think they think theyre doing a decent job.

my account just hit 2 months old all I got is level xyz to XI and get B1 to 7 stars not a single new quest

• Options
    Jep24 wrote: »

They were much better with comms in the early years and doesn't meathead also do comms for another ea game too? Which would kind of split his attention. Either way I think he's generally trying. A lot of the issues (my own opinion and not necessarily correct) are external to cg.
    Comms wise things changed a lot and went downhill post Carrie, but I won't go into that debate
  • Lumiya
    1582 posts Member
    edited June 7
    Options
    Skorf26 wrote: »

I'll have a go.

Nice.

I don’t think you’re understanding what the problem is. No one is upset that the small accounts below level 85 are getting the rewards here (though there’s many posts about them not getting the rewards, so CG failed there). That’s your main argument.

Here’s part of MeatHead’s post on page 4.

“At the same time, we added a requirement to these quests so that they would not be added to the player's Quest Log when the player purchased the Hyperdrive Bundle, which is why those who purchased the HDB are not seeing them.

The intention was that these quests would not appear for anyone who had previously reached level 85, not just those who had purchased the HDB

As originally posted, we were planning to make these additional rewards available to players who had reached level 85 after May 22nd through an inbox delivery. We never intended to have any players above level 85 receive these quests in this way.”

This is where the problem lies. A lot of Old accounts that have already done the quests, didn’t buy the HDB then got a lot of the quests reactivated.

So these people got the additional 20k shards (and have been level 85 for years and completed these quests prior) while others didn’t…. His last line there, “we never intended for it to happen”. But it did, and accounts got rewarded quite a bit (and by his admission, people who never bought the HDB were often the ones rewarded). Now they are just shutting it down and not doing any other rewards so if you bought the HDB you are being punished (unless they change their mind).

So basically if you bought the HDB, then you don’t get the second chance to do the quests (since CG screwed up) and miss out on a lot of shards (20k worth?). Shards that can be used for DC, which then gives a lot bigger advantage to people in GAC.

Not completely right... read a few pages before. My boyfriend and I never bought the HDB. He got lots of quests and 20000 ssc where as I got a lot less.

Meathead also mentioned that it has to do with the age of the account, meaning that older accounts got more activated because more quests were added later.

All in all this is a big mess and the right thing to do would be to award everyone with the same.

Edit for typos
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    This response from CG is pathetic. We don't know what we did. There is no rhyme or reason as to which accounts got it and which didn't. So the "fix" is to say oops and not correct the issue? A lot of these new quests are now COMPLETELY new or different. Older accounts never got the chance to get 80 shards of Tie bomber for instance for free from a quest, but after this screw up, some did and some didn't, including very old accounts some of which did HDB and some which didn't.

The fact of the matter is the explanations are ****, and the "fix" is just to lock things out so all the people who got screwed, stay screwed. All those rewards should be given to every account that didn't get them to level the rewards back out. This is a MASSIVE screw up on their part, and this garbage response compounds the problem.
  • Skyryser
    33 posts Member
    Options
    This response from CG is pathetic. We don't know what we did. There is no rhyme or reason as to which accounts got it and which didn't. So the "fix" is to say oops and not correct the issue? A lot of these new quests are now COMPLETELY new or different. Older accounts never got the chance to get 80 shards of Tie bomber for instance for free from a quest, but after this screw up, some did and some didn't, including very old accounts some of which did HDB and some which didn't.

The fact of the matter is the explanations are ****, and the "fix" is just to lock things out so all the people who got screwed, stay screwed. All those rewards should be given to every account that didn't get them to level the rewards back out. This is a MASSIVE screw up on their part, and this garbage response compounds the problem.

This is the worst part - I'm farming a lot of these things right now as my account still needs almost everything. But I got none of that (on two accounts!), whereas some players working towards their 6th/7th GL got the shards (someone's tallied 35k shards now) when they frankly hardly need the boost - they've been playing since week 1.

I take back what I said in an earlier post - doing NOTHING would have been a better response, as at least those that hadn't had the chance to log in to claim the rewards would've still had a shot at getting the free rewards that many got. and the sub 85/non HDB buyers who got little to nothing would be in the same place.
  • ppglop
    3 posts Member
    Options
    Like hundreds of other players, I find it disheartening that many people received a substantial amount of free items without valid justification, while others, including myself, did not.

But not only did my previous quests fail to re-appear, the sole ongoing quest I had (Gungans), has vanished...

This situation feels unjust, as it seems like being penalized twice.
    ALLY CODE : 154-731-442
  • fam
    4 posts Member
    Options
    Will be quitting the game. Was level 77 and worked hard to catch up to HDB and get ahead of other F2P players in my arena shards, only to get flown by due to this most recent update. Continuing to fall in my shards with no resolution in sight. What a trash game.
  • Options
    I get nothing.
    In my Guild, some get 2k, other get 15k.
    It's unfair.
    I want shards too !
  • Fathertaylor
    93 posts Member
    edited June 7
    Options
    @CG_Tusken_Meathead

Thank you for the explanation. It was clear and made it easier to understand why my friends and I were all seeing different results from the change.

I will say as a spender who bought the HDB, CG is making it harder and harder to continue to spend. I’m an end game account, so these shards are not make or break for me. It does devalue my spending though, and this seems to be happening a lot with purchases lately.

Last conquest you changed the conquest plus pack to include a disk everyone was getting in the first zone or two.

The new marquee structure you started by creating an excellent value for the $30 pack. Purchasing it allowed us to get a 5 star character and 7 omicrons. You then proceed to reduce its value over the following marquees by changing the refresh times and then removing the free webstore shards. Needing those additional 10 shards meant an extra 2400 crystal price tag was added to the pack.

I’ll look at the next conquest plus pack, but I did not buy the marquee packs for the last two marquee characters. I know I’m not a big spender, but my gut tells me we were getting all those surveys because you’re trying to figure out changes in your revenue streams. For me, it’s moments like this where I’m seeing a change in the valuation of my spending due to an error that was unintended that makes me reconsider where I use my money. I also collect board games and the money I spend on SWGOH could get me a lot of games.

Allycode 698431888