4/14 Update: General Comments Megathread

Replies

• Marika_Hase
    32 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Bugs: Health Bars not synched, Attack Sound Blackouts, Different Health Variations on each character(intended?!)

still existing bug from before: Count Dooku counterattack > when casted skill blockade)disappears after Counterattack was being done.
  • Options
    I just tried to give it a shot again and I'm just so frustrated I'm about to delete it before I break my expensive phone. I'm just not gonna play it till they fix it and we'll if they don't there are plenty of other games but wth this was such a great game I spent so much time and money on. What a disappointing waste.
  • Options
    OMG,this update may have just made me quit,if I were the creators of this game I would seriously undo what you have just done with the strength bars ,OMG,its really a put off.
    It what planet would you think this would improve the game,maybe Uranus.
  • Options
    This update is literally trash.

How does my level 70 attackers, do less damage then my level 50 tanks!?
  • Options
    I bet you that there will be no positive feedback on this update ,trash trash trash
  • Options
    There is a lot of negitivity in here and I understand why. The old game wasn't broken that bad.
    I would have prefers to see the health bar stay the same.
    Also instead of protection, could it not have been that defensive character defence abilities kicked in to provide this protection the two bars is driving me nuts, especially when 4 characters have a bit of protection left and one is near dead and I have to use a heal to top up that one's health.
    Making the game take longer in challenges is not a challenge, it's time consuming and really irks you when you spend ten minutes to lose and have to do it all again, there not challenges when it's just luck of rng
    GW. I saw a post here that said make easy and hard mode, easy being the old no protection hard being the new. Advantage to hard would be unlocking achievement for Vader shards (I love this idea, and it's a choice so no more flack on the extra time)
    It's great that we need more characters to do events Ect. But making all those toons so hard to get and level is not fun. I would love to see lots more toons to give more team choice and more diversity
    I read the speed post by CG. And i understand it but soon it will just be a different 6 characters that everyone uses. RG will be one. His protection and health is incredibly strong.
    The biggest complainers here I assume are the ones losing spots in the areana and not getting the big payouts any more and some of them have paid big money to get where they are so it is understandable to a degree.
    The money is what keeps the game improving, I'm a Google player and went to the playstore today and it's bad, if people stay away because of all the new reviews that means the money will stop and game dies, I'm assuming apples store will have the same blowup of reviews. I have paid a bit on this game more then any other app game I'm not a whale. But sometimes I get the itch to chromium pack. That itch died when I got my 8 pack and already had the character and received 7 shards. Mean while all the other just shades give 10 or 12. 32.00cnd for that I felt ripped, and am very weery to try again even though there is chromium characters I would like and if it happens again I will just plain stop buying them. I've been waiting for this to change in an update. Also if the price was lowered I'm sure there would be more volume and generating the same if no more money. It's easy to drop 10 bucks not so easy to drop 30 or more.
    Bronzium packs should just drop purple gear and single character shards it would give players the thought of new toons but reality is it would take forever to seven * a toon that way. And keep the Chromium out of the bronzium. I like that chromium are exclusive, you save your crystals or pay (simple)
    I love the Yoda event. I'm getting closer to him,
    Love the GG and at my rate should have him in 1 year or more
    I'm excited for guilds and ships.
    I had a bad couple of post yesterday but the cg/ea team at least responded to why and in a very quick manner you have to love that.
    These guys and girls work hard, and get some things wrong but when everyone is screaming for different things all now now now. I'm sure it's difficult to make everyone happy (I know I own a construction company)
    For a game I play on my phone I would like to see the daily grind speed up. The grind for characters and gear is too time consuming I'm a daily player that has a bit of time but not hours through out the day and even my son that is 8 he only has 7 characters and stopped play because they were to hard for him to get. And him and I just love starwars.

• Options
    I guess I'll save my money now
  • Options
    BenjiFett wrote: »
    It's Alive!

And it's not good news at all!
  • Options
    I hate this new update. Why did my characters loose half their health and half the strength. I want a refund of the thousand or so dollars I spent on this game. Should have bought a PS4 and bought games that dont require you to extract ludicrous amounts of money to get up in the rankings.
  • Options
    I had a full Jedi team and it wasn't the best team around but o managed to hold my own now it is useless the update made is so all the time and money i spent to get Jedi team a huge waste
  • Options
    Three people at work play this game and no one is happy. What a terrible update. What a waste of time I put in to this game. Please undo the update. HATE the protection bars - whomever thought of that should be fired. HATE the new powerbars - nothing is better about them. HATE this update. I am done with this game. Not worth my time and money. I hope EA goes bankrupt.
  • Options
    I will give EA 2 weeks to roll back update or i will quite game all i am going to do during that 2 weeks is log in once a day so i will need to be compensated before i continue to play
  • Options
    You cant sell someone a car then after they bought it tell them it will start getting less gas mileage
  • Vavasour
    102 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Strangely, I was okay with the update initially, but the time issue is frustrating me. I'll never be able to find time on Sunday to finish Challenges and GW. The Grind feels painful now, whereas before I never really felt like I was grinding.

I thought it would grow on me, but it's actually been the opposite. I left a 1 star review on the iTunes Store, I'll reverse it when the game is reinstated to its pre patch version.

Please roll back the patch.
  • Options
    I just tried to give it a shot again and I'm just so frustrated I'm about to delete it before I break my expensive phone. I'm just not gonna play it till they fix it and we'll if they don't there are plenty of other games but wth this was such a great game I spent so much time and money on. What a disappointing waste.
    I already wont play gives EA 2 weeks to roll back update and compensation for lost playing time or in quit
  • Options
    If this update isn't pulled back I'll be quitting in a few days.

You had one job EA. One job.
    Me too
  • Options
    Sorry I spent to get my team incompletely understand not spending not fair to charge us the steal back what we paid for
  • Vavasour
    102 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    If dropping from a 4+ star rating in iTunes to a <2.5 star review in under 24 hours doesn't send a message to EA, nothing will.
  • Options
    I have played similar mobile games where form and strategy are required, I actually like update. my only beef is arena time needs some tweaking as not long enough unless balanced is tweaked a bit. But i have full confidence the Devs will make the right adjustments! The past two days is why i stay off the forum, because no matter what people want or ask for, everyone will complain anyway.
  • Options
    _Wong64 wrote: »
    You cant sell someone a car then after they bought it tell them it will start getting less gas mileage

You can if you don't value your customers' business.
  • Mika
    48 posts Member
    Options
    I guess something had to be done with the speed meta in the arena but ruining all the other game modes along with it wasn't the solution. This game just isn't fun with the new update.
  • Options
    Glad to see I am not the only one who hates the update.

Making characters do less damage does not increase the enjoyment/strategy it takes to win, all it does is draw battles out longer resulting in wasted time and in some cases losses.

For starters the Attacker challange. I was able to do that no problem with a little planning due to AI being more A and less I. But now I cannot put a dent into Veers/Tarkin's health before their debuffs wear off and they kill my team.

Arena fights used to take 3-4 minutes max, now they take 4+ min and I might even time out.

I haven't even touched GW due to these changes and the waste of time they will result in. Hopefully EA either rolls back this update OR releases a new update that breaks they stuff they "fixed".
  • Options
    _Wong64 wrote: »

You can if you don't value your customers' business.

Sad but true
  • Options
    Mika wrote: »
    I guess something had to be done with the speed meta in the arena but ruining all the other game modes along with it wasn't the solution. This game just isn't fun with the new update.

The arena was fine
  • Options
    It looks like I have a real reason to quit this game now. All the reasons have already been given before me. Joined forum just to register my disappointment. The feeling of being cheated is awful. I'll also wait a week to see if EA sorts it out before deleting.
  • Options

Amen
  • Options
    I've played for close to 12 hours straight. Whatever's I accomplished is rubbish now that I can't get past the levels I had already won before the update. Nonsense to those that said this was good... Because you probably were the few that benefited from the gameplay changes. My squad (full 65) can't beat a similar squad in GW... So it says that regardless the skill of the player you need a way more powerful squad to overcome the stupid protection thing. Which, for each enemy squad goes back to 100 percent while yours has taken way too much damage and time (takes too long to win, and it is already too fast to be lopsided and get you a defeat)... Makes no sense trying to build a 70-something team to get past a 60-something rival. Which indicates that the balance, again, is not in the skill but in whatever the player can buy, preferably for EA, or take way too long to earn the hard way: buy building proficiency in the game. Which will only lead to players getting tired and abandoning altogether.
  • Options

Agree!
  • BobAFeet
    147 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Talk about diversity in the arena... Nice job developers!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/Wt1ZGLK.png
  • Options
    I have been playing since day one and I just dont understand the point of the shield on our characters. What does it accomplish other then making each round that much longer?

I was talking to a co worker about it today who also plays and he had the same feeling.

I think this was a HUGE negative for the game that I have enjoyed so much.

I really hope you reconsider.