Do you guys like the new update?

Replies

• Options
    No
    This really disappoints me, frustrated me and left me wanting to just be done with it. I genuinely enjoyed the game but this seems to happen time and time again with other apps. EA and the devs on this. You made a mistake, a big one. Fix it or you'll not only lose a player, but someone's who's paid for this. Your players have spoken, take the very obvious hint and listen. Knuckleheads.
  • Options
    No
    This update is trash, the added "protection" makes half the challenges downright impossible.

Cantina Battles: I can't beat the final battle (6G) at all, tried several combos of troops, and I barely make it past the 2nd round. Used to beat it every time on auto play. Ohh and all my combos were either all 7* or at most 2 6*.

STR Gear Challenge: Can now barely beat Tier III, used to get through Tier 4 without issue.

GW: Barely made it through, and that's only because I only had 3 battles left when the update took place.

I have a dozen toons level 72 with maxed gear, mix of 5* 6* and 7*, don't know how anyone is getting by now. The "protection" is such a joke, basically once you loose half health you can't get it back. Healers have basically become useless, and KR outrage ability now essentially does extra damage when you reach 25% health.

It's just not fun anymore. Im investing twice as much time in a battle as I used to, and then end up loosing. Health system wasn't broken, why did they try to fix it?
  • Joshmkii
    54 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    No
    The update had potential, but after playing for awhile I say its garbage.
    Post edited by GummyBearKing268 on
  • Wahoo2002va
    4 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    No
    This is a terrible update. Attacks don't have the same effect, fights take way longer, and my best characters from the previous two updates are worthless. I put a lot of money into crystals to build my players and now I don't want to play this game anymore. There's challenging, but this has gone NES Metroid hard.

EA, you broke my favorite game. Fix it!
  • Options
    No
    Also, I created an account just to say this update broke the flipping game. Not playing anymore.
  • Options
    No
    mRyeuk wrote: »
    Game just blows, EA forgot how to make a complete game. I mean they don't even compete in Sports Games for PS4 & XBox anymore. Pretty sure EA mobile games department is in a basement with 2 programming hookers and EA Pimp saying" b**ch where my money!" Look out GOH clients. If you paid them some money as I did then we all better get tested. Free to play with crystal or any currency bundles is the new STD!

Star Wars GOH
    Trying
    Double Penatration

Remember no money, no honey

This. All day. EA made my favorite sports game, NCAA Football. They have not made a good game since. This had the makings and they jacked it up. Thanks for breaking good things. EA, you are so flipping predictable.

No more money from me.

• El_Duderino
    413 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    No
    I think Arena is "okay"-- though I'm not convinced balance is any better. In fact, I think balance is worse-- it may take longer to percolate and for the masses to notice, since AI is so much easier to defeat with twice the hit points that it "feels" like balance: Royal Guard is probably the most powerful character the game has ever seen, within the current mechanic. Dooku is as powerful (or more powerful) than ever. Rey, ditto. GS, yep.

I like the idea of the new events. Those are a thumbs up.

Galactic War? Holy moly. What a train wreck. I may actually stop playing until if/when this mess gets fixed. No thanks.
  • Options
    No
    Bravo29 wrote: »
    This update is on par with the NGE update Sony used to kill SW:Galaxies.

first rule of SWG nobody mentions NGE.
    Second rule of SWG nobody brings up NGE.

My godthe horrible memories coming back.
    They killed the game with the combat upgrade before NGE came out, NGE was just the final nail in the coffin.

If I see one more **** attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself!
  • Options
    No
    This new update is absolutely horrible!!! The essentially nerfed all healers abilities with the new shield bar. The healer can only heal back characters health. This means the character has to lose the sheild bar then lose health just to get back a some health (that is if your healer doesn't die first). Then when you do heal you can't re-gain the sheild bar, which mean that the most health you can get back is about half you health because the other half of your health is part of the sheild bar!!!!!! This is so dumb!
  • Options
    No
    Also they took away 100 area tokens from the rewards!!! I rank in the 51-100 that used to be 725 area tokens now it is 625 area tokens!!!! Are you kidding me!!!

Also if your going to make all the character have the useless sheild bars that make the gameplay drag on forever and essientally ruin the game at least have the decency to put the shield bar on the challenge boss! Otherwise it's impossible to beat the challenge matches with our weak pathetic character now.
  • Siiiick
    1 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    No
    Absolutely trash. Bring it back to the way it was before. As they say, don't fix it if it ain't broke.
  • lunarwolf
    357 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    No
    - healers are now basically useless with this protection which cannot be regenerated

- GW is now a nightmare if you are not close to max lvl. I have a an alt account and it was a PITA just to get through, now it is impossible. I cannot face all star purple teams 10+ lvls higher when I only have half the health because protection is used up in first round

- evasion/dodge/resist still makes this game fell like a slot machine (RNG)

- quick high dps characters have had their damage output nerfed, which is fine; but EA hasn't counterbalanced with an increase in health.

- fights now a slug fest taking way too long.

- still no fix for missing unfarmable gear pieces

- credit payouts way too low for exponentially increasing price to lvl and gear up toons. toons needed for arena, challenges and GW

I had stopped playing and waited to see what this update would fix. it hasn't fixed anything, just brought more issues. and I couldn't care less about upcoming guild. this is a phone game not a hardcore MMO with tons of content

I am glad I have been playing The Division. it's a lot more fun than this phone app which is nothing more than a TOTAL EXCRUTIATING GRIND without any cool rewards or anything worth exploring

mind numbing and am glad I can put this game behind me. waste of time

see ya and good luck with the devs. muhahaha!

• MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    Also they took away 100 area tokens from the rewards!!! I rank in the 51-100 that used to be 725 area tokens now it is 625 area tokens!!!! Are you kidding me!!!

You're not losing tokens they moved them to the daily achievement, you get 200 instead of 100 now. So people in the lower ranks can get more tokens.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Yes
    GOfish52 wrote: »
    Rey being the only toon that can do any damage is dumb, the only ones who vote yes have maxed Rey and RG. The 2 toons that will become the mindless meta that used to be Dooku and QGJ

Incorrect. I have neither maxed. I like the update.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    No
    Terrible update! I've been playing for months now, have spent too much money, so this update makes it easy for me to quit now. I'm done...nice job moving backwards in keeping your customers happy EA!
  • bLz
    27 posts Member
    Options
    No
    I used to beat the GW half of the times. Now I'm 5 games in, already spent more time on it and my team is already down a character. I run a healer heavy team with Barriss, JC and Lumi. It's basically useless now. All my characters can now only have half their "hp" healed. The rest is the shield. It's also frustrating that shields can't be regained, so 2 battles in; you already start pretty much all your games at half effective HP. :-/
  • DrMage
    43 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    No
    Someone said in other post, that the game was a tic-tac-toe and now becomes a chess... The problem is I dont want chess on my phone, if i'd like to play chess - I'll do this IRL. Now you should spend more time on arena, much more time in GW, should play challenges manually, should wait for lvl80 gear9 teams to beat new nodes in cantina and hard mode, should farm new "god" characters like chewie and fives... This all takes time and I don't want to waste it in generally simple game. Devs are just manually limiting number of players and I can't say its good for their incomes. I'll wait to quit for couple weeks, but it doesn't mean I'll take pleasure playing.
    PS. BTW, I'm moderate P2P player, having almost all toons opened, 18 of them are 7*, 22 gear 8, about 15 lvl 70+, about 8 skill 7. I really can't imagine, what should F2P players feel...
  • Options
    No

You're not losing tokens they moved them to the daily achievement, you get 200 instead of 100 now. So people in the lower ranks can get more tokens.

Good to know! You think they would have mentioned that in the app update info.
  • Options
    No
    Well, I don't care about the rank in Arena, but I do care about the difficulty of GW, which is the main source of credits. I have enough rosters(12+ 7* max lv & eqip) to finish it, but it just takes too much time.

I have a full-time job, and if I could spend 2 hours to play game, I will choose console games instead of this phone game. So why do devs make it so annoying? I mean, grinding is okay cause you could sim them, but the GW with 2~3 retreats each 10 min. battle? Hmmm...maybe it's really the time to quit.
  • Options
    No
    This update ruined the game, thanks EA!
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options

Good to know! You think they would have mentioned that in the app update info.

They did lol
  • Options
    No
    I enjoyed the Challenges before the update, now it's just mind numbing how unbalanced the challenges are.
    Haven't tried GW yet, but from what everyone else is saying, I shouldn't even bother.
  • Options
    No
    They have ruined the GW. It's hard to win it now. The healers could bring your party to full Health but there ist no chance to recover the protection but all enemies have full protection. It was better by far without this new add.
  • Options
    No
    ___gumpy wrote: »

I spent a lot of money to dominate my battles. ..I'm at level 55 with very strong 4 star characters and now I can't beat a level ll challenge that I used to breeze through as i should on level ll
  • DrMage
    43 posts Member
    Options
    No
    ___gumpy wrote: »
    ..I'm at level 55 with very strong 4 star characters and now I can't beat a level ll challenge that I used to breeze through as i should on level ll

Its not a problem, man, you can make absolutely new team in 2 weeks... but what would u say, when half of your 7* lvlmax gear8 toons becomes useless?
  • twaller
    123 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Yes
    Battles actually last long enough that my strategy making now makes a real difference in the battle. No more QGJ called FOTP for an assist and the game is over coin flip trash. Also GW was a cake walk so that did not get any harder or longer since I did not retreat once. Just fix the strength challenge lol
  • Eleiem
    334 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    Now that I've made some test I can say it; Yes, I like the changes.
    More comps at arena.
    GW much more fun that before. And it now has strategy, as the old GW had with the old retreat mechanism.
  • Thire
    111 posts Member
    Options
    No
    Look, those of you that are saying people shouldn't complain about having to change strategies, I understand that you want attackers not to be overpowered, and yes, perhaps they should have been nerfed, but it is my belief that they have been nerfed too much. I personally have invested a lot of my resources into somewhat attacker heavy formations (my main is a full droid team, cause I honestly just really like having thematic synergy), and that work has been rendered largely useless. I don't have the resources to be able rework my formation and strategies, because I've been pouring most of my resources towards getting Grievous. This isn't a matter of being upset I have to rethink my team, but more that I, and a lot of others, have to build a new team from the ground up. All I think most of us are saying is that attackers should be rebalanced a little more, not so that they will be overpowered again, but so that they can be properly balanced with all of the other types.
  • Options
    No
    Never imagined it'd be THIS awful, the only thing they needed to do to change the meta is give toons 1.5-2 x HP in ARENA ONLY. new changes ruin the game and make me think they don't test anything before it's pushed out to us.
  • Eleiem
    334 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    Thire wrote: »
    Look, those of you that are saying people shouldn't complain about having to change strategies, I understand that you want attackers not to be overpowered, and yes, perhaps they should have been nerfed, but it is my belief that they have been nerfed too much. I personally have invested a lot of my resources into somewhat attacker heavy formations (my main is a full droid team, cause I honestly just really like having thematic synergy), and that work has been rendered largely useless. I don't have the resources to be able rework my formation and strategies, because I've been pouring most of my resources towards getting Grievous. This isn't a matter of being upset I have to rethink my team, but more that I, and a lot of others, have to build a new team from the ground up. All I think most of us are saying is that attackers should be rebalanced a little more, not so that they will be overpowered again, but so that they can be properly balanced with all of the other types.

What are you talking about? I think droids are the greatest beneficiaries. This is the golden era for 88.
    I've been testing a lot, and droids are the ones giving me the mayor headache.
    This team was particularly hard: Poogle (L), 88, 86, GS, Poe.