Does there need to be a significant increase in drop rates or another way to acquire gear/shards

Replies

• Options
    Yes, I don't know why they haven't done this already.
    I agree. The reason people are so passionate about this game is because we love Star Wars, we spend a ton of time farming and some have spent a lot of money. Once we finally get the character, things are changed. How is that fun? Please change the rates!

Chondrosarcoma- Chondro3150#0907
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    I agree. The reason people are so passionate about this game is because we love Star Wars, we spend a ton of time farming and some have spent a lot of money. Once we finally get the character, things are changed. How is that fun? Please change the rates!

Thanks @JarJar_Shard_1
  • Baggodi
    404 posts Member
    Options
    No the drop rates are fine.
    Baldo wrote: »
    Baggodi wrote: »
    Yes the drop rates are quite frustrating. Yes I've done my share of complainIng about them.

No they don't need raised. This is a game driven by character selection and development. If the rates on drops (or credit payouts) were raised enough to please everyone pretty soon everyone would have every toon. And have every toon maxed.

The longevity of the game comes from the fact that there's always another character to build. There's always another team to play with. Without the grind the game would be over quickly. If they raised the drop rate they'd have to add a ton more toons, so there'd still be a lot of grinding to do.

What we need is more content. (hopefully guilds delivers on this in spades) more content adds more chance for gear. Which leads to a need for more toons to spend the gear on...
    Yes the drop rates are quite frustrating. Yes I've done my share of complainIng about them.

No they don't need raised. This is a game driven by character selection and development. If the rates on drops (or credit payouts) were raised enough to please everyone pretty soon everyone would have every toon. And have every toon maxed.

The longevity of the game comes from the fact that there's always another character to build. There's always another team to play with. Without the grind the game would be over quickly. If they raised the drop rate they'd have to add a ton more toons, so there'd still be a lot of grinding to do.

What we need is more content. (hopefully guilds delivers on this in spades) more content adds more chance for gear. Which leads to a need for more toons to spend the gear on...

Gear doesn't get you characters man. Increasing gear rates doesn't give you more arena, GW, Cantina currency or gems. It just helps advance your already unlocked toons.

No, but farming shards does and people complain about the drop rates there too.
    Rng was cruel to me today everywhere but the cantina battles. But I figure I'll be excited when I finish the next piece of gear, be it today or next week.

• Options
    We really do need increased drop rates. Atm a character is useless unless it's at least 6* gear 7-8.

Why the hell do I need to farm a character for 85% of its max before I can even use it?

Like right now I'm farming fives. He's more than a month away from being 7*.

In what universe is it fun to farm someone for a month + before they are even considered semi usable?

It's not fun.

And that's just the shards, gear is worse.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    We really do need increased drop rates. Atm a character is useless unless it's at least 6* gear 7-8.

Why the hell do I need to farm a character for 85% of its max before I can even use it?

In what universe is it fun to farm someone for a month + before they are even considered semi usable?

It's not fun.

@InternetSwag WE DO it is becoming ridiculous man. I love when you farm a guy with these terrible drop rates. Complete him only to have him nerfed 2 weeks later :). That is GRATIFYING.
  • Baggodi
    404 posts Member
    Options

It's not fun.

He's worth the wait. Mine is at max abilities and gear my level. (74) He's a beast. I didn't even lose protection on him until node 8 today. You'll enjoy him.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options

Gear doesn't get you characters man. Increasing gear rates doesn't give you more arena, GW, Cantina currency or gems. It just helps advance your already unlocked toons.

No, but farming shards does and people complain about the drop rates there too.
    Rng was cruel to me today everywhere but the cantina battles. But I figure I'll be excited when I finish the next piece of gear, be it today or next week.

Sometimes its not a bad rate. This happens once every week or two though.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options

It's not fun.

He's worth the wait. Mine is at max abilities and gear my level. (74) He's a beast. I didn't even lose protection on him until node 8 today. You'll enjoy him.

He will be nerfed in a month, by the time @InternetSwag has made him viable put all his resources into him and grinded the **** out of LS/DS to make him viable he may have a couple weeks to use him before he is a GW backup toon.
  • Options

It's not fun.

I know he's amazing :)
    My issue is I can't really use him yet or almost any toon in arena unless they're 6*+.
    My favorite SWGOH memories were low level arena where I could use my new toons and level them up. It felt like natural progression and the farm felt less like a chore.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options

It's not fun.

I know he's amazing :)
    My issue is I can't really use him yet or almost any toon in arena unless they're 6*+.
    My favorite SWGOH memories were low level arena where I could use my new toons and level them up. It felt like natural progression and the farm felt less like a chore.

Yes miss those blue gear level days! Miss characters being untouched, miss the fact that what you see was what you got. Without completely random nerfs and misleading information having us believe that farming slow characters like Old Ben would beneficial. Haaaaaa I 7* him get him gear 9 and NERF 20%. Well thats okay of course because it doesn't take long to get him up since the drop rates are so great, OH RIGHT I FORGOT................
  • Options
    I'm farming for 1 particular purple gear for two weeks and I've just collected 40 pcs. That is just only for 1 character gear. You can imagine if that multiply by characters and time will take like months and maybe years. If anyone says "No" to this means you are just killing yourself.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    Jjwong80 wrote: »
    I'm farming for 1 particular purple gear for two weeks and I've just collected 40 pcs. That is just only for 1 character gear. You can imagine if that multiply by characters and time will take like months and maybe years. If anyone says "No" to this means you are just killing yourself.

+1
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    I think I have sadistic tendencies as I like the slow progression and planning. I like them going from suicide squad, to damage dealing suicide, to B team. To a team to arena. The hoping for good luck when you get within 10 shards of a level.

I also hope this omega event format is here to stay as it gives purpose to collecting low star guys.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    I think I have sadistic tendencies as I like the slow progression and planning. I like them going from suicide squad, to damage dealing suicide, to B team. To a team to arena. The hoping for good luck when you get within 10 shards of a level.

I also hope this omega event format is here to stay as it gives purpose to collecting low star guys.

I can see it being there for a bit.
  • Options
    What is the point of better gear drops?

It won't make you better than the competition. So GW and arena difficulty would remain the same. At end game they would just add more gear levels as people
    Maxed toons so you don't complete the game any faster.

So what are we looking for with better drop rates. I think the drop rate is sufficient for me to feel accomplishment spending two weeks gearing someone to gear VIII. I'm not sure I'd feel the same if it were easier.

I think there's an odd brain reward venter thing here that is well balanced. Id like a marginal increase but not a significant one. I also like that my good choices take longer for others to replicate.

It should be increased to 33%. Why? Well because when you farm someone like let's say Nerfed useless Anakin to 7* in hard nodes and throw 150 stun cuffs, 100 hair dryers, 100 laptops, 60 drains 50 purple mats. 5 million credits. It is some **** to nerf him without notice. This is just an example for me to give you because this just happened to me. Do you even know how long it took to gear him? He was one of the biggest pigs to gear ever. This happened with other toons I have aka. Yoda QGJ. do please tell me why on earth I would feel satisfied farming gear for months to have my toons nerfed by being misled about the update. @Greg1920 sure it's nice to complete gear and I don't think it should be handed over to us, but when you pull something like this and expect us to keep pulling 0-2 max per refresh. It's absurd man.

This ^

I worked my tail off on Staring and gearing Anakin! The other 7 Jedi to get Yoda not withstanding.

I have dumped soooo much gear into these guys, I think a bit better of a rate would be certainly justified given the nature of how often the characters keep getting changed. Let's look at it like this.

Barris - geared nerfed
    Poe - geared nerfed
    Qgj-geared nerfed
    Yoda- geared nerfed
    Anakin- geared nerfed

The list can go on and on.

I'm not saying gimmie; I'm saying make it a bit easier given the nature of constant changes.
  • Options
    There are certain pieces of gear that just do not drop. I have been trying to fill a 20 slot of MK VIII blastech weapon mod prototype for 4 days. They are barely dropping at a 10% rate. I have used 14 refreshes, 1680 energy, and I am still 3 short. That is absolutely ridiculous and unacceptable. By the time it is said and done I will have used about 2000 energy to fill ONE slot of 20???? That is just plain robbery!

I'm trying hard to find reasons to defend the Devs with all the heat they are taking over the update but my patience is growing extremely thin. It seems like everytime they drop a patch the gear drop rates get worse. It should NEVER take that much energy to fill a 20 gear requirement! Blah blah sample size blah blah. I don't need to keep perfect track to know that the drop rate is garbage for certain pieces.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    Gungnir75 wrote: »
    What is the point of better gear drops?

It won't make you better than the competition. So GW and arena difficulty would remain the same. At end game they would just add more gear levels as people
    Maxed toons so you don't complete the game any faster.

So what are we looking for with better drop rates. I think the drop rate is sufficient for me to feel accomplishment spending two weeks gearing someone to gear VIII. I'm not sure I'd feel the same if it were easier.

I think there's an odd brain reward venter thing here that is well balanced. Id like a marginal increase but not a significant one. I also like that my good choices take longer for others to replicate.

It should be increased to 33%. Why? Well because when you farm someone like let's say Nerfed useless Anakin to 7* in hard nodes and throw 150 stun cuffs, 100 hair dryers, 100 laptops, 60 drains 50 purple mats. 5 million credits. It is some **** to nerf him without notice. This is just an example for me to give you because this just happened to me. Do you even know how long it took to gear him? He was one of the biggest pigs to gear ever. This happened with other toons I have aka. Yoda QGJ. do please tell me why on earth I would feel satisfied farming gear for months to have my toons nerfed by being misled about the update. @Greg1920 sure it's nice to complete gear and I don't think it should be handed over to us, but when you pull something like this and expect us to keep pulling 0-2 max per refresh. It's absurd man.

This ^

I worked my tail off on Staring and gearing Anakin! The other 7 Jedi to get Yoda not withstanding.

I have dumped soooo much gear into these guys, I think a bit better of a rate would be certainly justified given the nature of how often the characters keep getting changed. Let's look at it like this.

Barris - geared nerfed
    Poe - geared nerfed
    Qgj-geared nerfed
    Yoda- geared nerfed
    Anakin- geared nerfed

The list can go on and on.

I'm not saying gimmie; I'm saying make it a bit easier given the nature of constant changes.

+1
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    MrClean621 wrote: »
    There are certain pieces of gear that just do not drop. I have been trying to fill a 20 slot of MK VIII blastech weapon mod prototype for 4 days. They are barely dropping at a 10% rate. I have used 14 refreshes, 1680 energy, and I am still 3 short. That is absolutely ridiculous and unacceptable. By the time it is said and done I will have used about 2000 energy to fill ONE slot of 20???? That is just plain robbery!

I'm trying hard to find reasons to defend the Devs with all the heat they are taking over the update but my patience is growing extremely thin. It seems like everytime they drop a patch the gear drop rates get worse. It should NEVER take that much energy to fill a 20 gear requirement! Blah blah sample size blah blah. I don't need to keep perfect track to know that the drop rate is garbage for certain pieces.

+1 @MrClean621 we all need to work together to have something done about this.
  • Elinad
    179 posts Member
    Options
    Yes for gear - 50 of a kind without being able to really farm them is insane. Every gear that is needed x50 should be in challenges or something. No for shards - it's fine, it must take time to get a wanted toon !
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    Elinad wrote: »
    Yes for gear - 50 of a kind without being able to really farm them is insane. Every gear that is needed x50 should be in challenges or something. No for shards - it's fine, it must take time to get a wanted toon !

+1
  • Options
    I agree shards are fine. Those can get frustrating too but it should take time to build a 7* toon. For the most part shards seem to even themselves out over time. Purple gear on the other hand does not. I have plenty of dry spells on rare gear but I can't recall EVER having like a 50% or above day to make up for the terrible ones.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    MrClean621 wrote: »
    I agree shards are fine. Those can get frustrating too but it should take time to build a 7* toon. For the most part shards seem to even themselves out over time. Purple gear on the other hand does not. I have plenty of dry spells on rare gear but I can't recall EVER having like a 50% or above day to make up for the terrible ones.

Yep never happens!
  • Options
    Or at least give us useful gear from the INT challenge. I'm holding my breathe that mk5 stun guns are farmable with the guilds, I need 4 of those things. That's 200 items, 2000 energy if it was a 100% drop rate, but I blew through both refreshes and got 1. 1!? Le sigh...forever gear level 8 Fives Vader Ren and JC if they don't change it up.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    Sir_Whooty wrote: »
    Or at least give us useful gear from the INT challenge. I'm holding my breathe that mk5 stun guns are farmable with the guilds, I need 4 of those things. That's 200 items, 2000 energy if it was a 100% drop rate, but I blew through both refreshes and got 1. 1!? Le sigh...forever gear level 8 Fives Vader Ren and JC if they don't change it up.

Quite ridiculous.
  • Options
    Oops Phasma not JC, but they both need a Furnace as well haha
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    [/b]
    Sir_Whooty wrote: »
    Oops Phasma not JC, but they both need a Furnace as well haha

https://imgur.com/gallery/fU960
  • Options
    Immediate gratification is great and all but then what?
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    Immediate gratification is great and all but then what?

https://imgur.com/gallery/fU960

Have a look at this. There is no immediate gratification for months
  • KickedazzZ
    117 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    drop rate should be lowered!

gearing up is too easy as it is.
    purples should be five percent or lower

its the only way to seperate ftp vs p2p
    if u want it faster, buy crystals

• Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    KickedazzZ wrote: »
    drop rate should be lowered!

gearing up is too easy as it is.

its the only way to seperate ftp vs p2p

@President_Scroob @Jit @Nitric @GOfish52 @Jjwong80 @Quicksilver @indyflip @Stephen_biggz239 is this guy serious?