Should the "Raids Rewards" be reviewed ?

Replies

• AdamW
    692 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    @EA_Jesse
    Tau_Lambda wrote: »
    Apoc wrote: »
    This has been an extremely hot topic since release of the latest update. Why has this not been addressed? They've addressed so many little things, but not this? Where even the whales don't agree with them.

Remember the grievous bug that made him cheaper. They fixed that the day of. Easy to see where their priorities are.

That is pretty funny. They only fix things that make them more money. Have they even commented on this topic? I've seen them comment on other mundane questions, but never on polls like this.

Thats the same reason I left walking dead RtS and joined this game. I thought these people had integrity, but it looks like greed is getting to them.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Yes
    Ztyle wrote: »
    "The majority off players are playing the raid, it's just the forum users that are complaining like always"

Of course people are playing the raids. They are the first truly new game content since...well, as long as I can remember (and I've been playing since late November/early December).

The raid itself is fun. The guild shop is fine. The raid rewards and tiering system is horrible.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Yes
    From what it looks like, the best course of action is to give the current number 1 rewards to everyone who contributed but then add something to the top 10 as "extra" that isn't game breaking. Maybe a bunch more credits or some crystals or ability mats. That would go a long way to making guilds and raiding something people want to do for the rewards and still reward those who contribute the most.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Harmonica
    541 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Yes
    The rewards system as is could be alright if in addition to what we currently receive we were also guaranteed unobtainable gear parts based on the tier we were raiding. This incentivizes people working hard for it(current system) as well as rewarding everyone in the guild to ensure it becomes stronger and encourages team building, instead of jumping ship to ship looking to dominate the leader boards.

My idea for a raid reward system:

Tier 1-2: gets 1 of each unobtainable materials(not the full item) per successful completion of the raid plus their ranking reward(current setup - chance for full item)

Tier 3-4: gets 2 of each unobtainable materials(not the full item) per successful completion of the raid plus their ranking reward(current setup- chance for full item)

Tier 5: gets 3 of each unobtainable materials(not the full item) per successful completion of the raid plus their ranking reward(current setup- chance for full item)

Tier 6: gets 5 of each unobtainable materials(not the full item) per successful completion of the raid plus their ranking reward(current setup- chance for full item)

Heroic: gets 7 of each unobtainable materials(not the full item) per successful completion of the raid plus their ranking reward(current setup- chance for full item)
    Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • Usho
    586 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    From what it looks like, the best course of action is to give the current number 1 rewards to everyone who contributed but then add something to the top 10 as "extra" that isn't game breaking. Maybe a bunch more credits or some crystals or ability mats. That would go a long way to making guilds and raiding something people want to do for the rewards and still reward those who contribute the most.

+2
  • djlott
    469 posts Member
    Options
    Has anyone that is complaining in here actually completed a successful raid and received their prizes? Anyone?
  • Usho
    586 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    djlott wrote: »
    Has anyone that is complaining in here actually completed a successful raid and received their prizes? Anyone?

Yes 10 stun guns 8 zaltin things, want a screenshot ? #1 place
  • skarroo11
    65 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Yes
    djlott wrote: »

Read through this poll and the forum itself you might find an answer to that question.

Go have a look yourself, it's everywhere in the forum.
  • StarSon
    7526 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    Harmonica wrote: »
    The rewards system as is could be alright if in addition to what we currently receive we were also guaranteed unobtainable gear parts based on the tier we were raiding. This incentivizes people working hard for it(current system) as well as rewarding everyone in the guild to ensure it becomes stronger and encourages team building, instead of jumping ship to ship looking to dominate the leader boards.

My idea for a raid reward system:

Tier 1-2: gets 1 of each unobtainable materials(not the full item) per successful completion of the raid plus their ranking reward(current setup - chance for full item)

Tier 3-4: gets 2 of each unobtainable materials(not the full item) per successful completion of the raid plus their ranking reward(current setup- chance for full item)

Tier 5: gets 3 of each unobtainable materials(not the full item) per successful completion of the raid plus their ranking reward(current setup- chance for full item)

Tier 6: gets 5 of each unobtainable materials(not the full item) per successful completion of the raid plus their ranking reward(current setup- chance for full item)

Heroic: gets 7 of each unobtainable materials(not the full item) per successful completion of the raid plus their ranking reward(current setup- chance for full item)

+1
  • Options
    Yes
    Just ran our first raid. Some people attacked 2 times and others one time. As a result, many finished in the lower tier because they only got one attack mainly due to different time zones. Very lame way to base a reward system.

I've done various raiding in other games but the developers should allow for the raid leaders to distribute rewards. Yes it allows guilds to drop the boss. However basing rewards solely on a dps -- plain sucks.
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    Just ran our first raid. Some people attacked 2 times and others one time. As a result, many finished in the lower tier because they only got one attack mainly due to different time zones. Very lame way to base a reward system.

I've done various raiding in other games but the developers should allow for the raid leaders to distribute rewards. Yes it allows guilds to drop the boss. However basing rewards solely on a dps -- plain sucks.

+1.

DPS only as the measure is, to me, an even bigger issue than the huge stratification of rewards to begin with. Of course, they compound one another, which makes it all worse. Guild bank contribution to open the raid should be the #1 thing measured if the prizes are going to be stratified.
  • Options
    Yes
    Lambi wrote: »
    Wish I could change my vote now
    Register new account and revote. Delete this account. You didn't cover yourself in glory with that vote!
    Just kidding
  • Options
    Yes
    I think its safe to say this is the most universally unpopular idea a developer has ever had, I cant think of a thread on any games forum I cant find even one person sticking up for the devs, brings a whole new meaning to the word FAIL. Well unless you are a shareholder in EA then its masterpiece. Its a shame cause I think the raid itself is really well done just for the love of god change the rewards!!!!!
  • Hendiju
    370 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    Bump
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    Yes
    This thread got far more posts and is far more active then the ones the mods have tagged to top. And they've tagged quite a few lately, they take half of screen.

I wonder if this post isn't more significant than "congrats to Alita" or "congrats to team X finishing Raid" or even "Dooku" threads?
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    Welp, closing in on 1000 votes for fixing the raid payouts. Keep at it?
  • Options
    Yes
    It need to change. Make tier 6/7 have guaranteed gear that's unobtainable. Doesn't even have to be the whole piece. Maybe five.
  • Jit
    45 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    the rewards are deliberately discouraging so that you are forced to consider the new crystal only crafted gear in shipments .

Really disappointed EA.

• Apoc
    172 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    Usho wrote: »
    RAYRAY wrote: »

+2

Something of the story would be very welcomed.

• Options
    Yes
    It's not fair. There's people in my guild that have just about all characters at 7* and deal almost 1,000,000 of damage in the first day.

Unfair for everyone else. You know they'll be automatic #1.

It makes it more of a competition between us than a community.

Maybe top 3 and 4 to 50 get the same rewards.
  • Apoc
    172 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    I concur Woodie
  • Options
    Yes
    New Update Just Posted
    Should be Fixed Now.........
    Thx @Jesse & @CG Team
    Quote of the Day "Put that
  • Options
    Yes
    They adjusted the raid looting system. A lot better now. Good job guys, they heard you :smiley:
  • Ace5
    134 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    M9silent wrote: »
    They adjusted the raid looting system. A lot better now. Good job guys, they heard you :smiley:

Don't be so sure until we see it pay out.

This "fixed" system will still take months of raiding to complete one toon to gear 9 from what I can tell. It's not over yet, it's just less horrible
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    They didnt fix the issue, its still built to compete against your guild like your fighting your arena nemesis instead of everyone taking down something and being awarded together as a guild.
  • Options
    It's not perfect but let's give credit where due. They listened, saw and issue and tried to fix it.

• Options
    Yes
    Victory! Of sorts...
    Thx EA for listening and to mods for not deleting / merging this post.
    Rewards seem to be miserable, especially for lower ranked Guild members, but I don't complain until I actually get rewards
  • Options
    Yes
    Yes!
  • Apoc
    172 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    This definitely is progress. For the benefit of a 50'person guild. They should change to top 3 to the top 5, and change the top 10 to the top 15 and make the rewards proportional to that. That right there would help with the anger raging within everyone who isn't a whale in their guild.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    Yes they should be reviewed and changed so that everybody gets same rewards. Everything is the same after this little 'fix' we had today.