Should the "Raids Rewards" be reviewed ?

Replies

• Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    If you are all such good friends, why do you care that your buddy might get a little more than you once in a while?

I dont get mad when my friends are successful...

Oh, yeah, thats right, most of you have never met.
  • Options
    Yes
    @CG_JohnSalera ... @EA_Jesse ... still waiting for a response to the GOH community regarding this...

I applauded both of you guys for stepping up and acknowledging concerns/questions in the past...especially when it came to the communication towards the people that make this game what it is today...the gamers...step up and address the rewards issues...can you do that?
  • Sparrow
    525 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    Timitock wrote: »
    If you are all such good friends, why do you care that your buddy might get a little more than you once in a while?

You are absolutely right, if it were a little bit once in a while, but it will be every time, and a lot, so not exactly comparing apples to apples.

I dont care when big spenders get 300+ coins and i only get 220 coins for the daily contributions, they spent and hey i still got a decent reward.

But when it comes to raid rewards and i burn my whole available roster, and miss the damage threshold and get no gear that i need raid after raid after raid? what is the point of raiding then?

• Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    It is possible you force them to change the rewards... and they simply remove the bonus boxes entirely. Please stop trying to nerf my loot.

You do not have to participate.
    Everyone assured me guilds are optional.
  • Options
    Yes

@Timitock You are missing the point here. I dont blame you since you seem like a person who doesnt think outside the box.

1) We are talking about RAID REWARDS

2) Players who place 21 or below in damage dealt will receive no required gear to take a toon from Gear 8 to Gear9

3) Because of #2 this game has become a P2W game instead of F2P.. ALL PLAYERS SHOULD RECEIVE THE REQUIRED GEAR! Not a select few..

4) I still dont expect you to comprehend.
    Bad game management here
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options

@Timitock You are missing the point here. I dont blame you since you seem like a person who doesnt think outside the box.

1) We are talking about RAID REWARDS

2) Players who place 21 or below in damage dealt will receive no required gear to take a toon from Gear 8 to Gear9

3) Because of #2 this game has become a P2W game instead of F2P.. ALL PLAYERS SHOULD RECEIVE THE REQUIRED GEAR! Not a select few..

4) I still dont expect you to comprehend.

Oh, I comprehend the situation just fine. It seems like you are the one confused. The way to get top tier rewards is to improve yourself and contribute more. There is eventually a point is this gaming model where free just doesnt cut it. We have reached that point. You can LS/DS for free, GW for free, Arena for free, Challenge for free, and Event for free, and Raid for free; but if you want the shiny rewards, you are going to have to step up and support the game you have been freeloading in.
  • DocsBoy
    120 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    Darth_Vlad wrote: »
    But i do understand your point

the reward system doesnt reward participation and effort. for example if you have a 10man guild.
    #1: 100000 dps
    #2 99999 dps
    #3 99998 dps
    #4 99997 dps
    now #4 only did 3dps less than #1 but he gets a way worse reward.

+ the fact that the amount of dps a member can contribute to the raid is determined mostly by his roster, not by his skill and/or effort. So basically if you started playing swgoh 2 months ealyer than your guildmates you can just get the best reward without even having to try, meanwhile the others are giving it their all and still end up with horrible rewards.

Agree, sets up too much competition within the guild instead of teamwork. Some differentiation for work contributed us good. Overweighting the value of slots 1-3 stinks! Raids are about helping your guild mates and acting together.. Lame implementation!

• Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Lol @ teamwork in a single player game.

Lol@failed communism.
  • Options
    Yes
    I say that only those newly made unobtainable items should be rewarded to all since they cannot be get from anywhere else. Top damagers should get other hard to get gear as extra like stun cuffs/guns that are a hard farm costing like 10k in energy at current drop rates.
    I hate the idea that they made changes to gear progress, which was previously available, no more... You can get it with your guild ... If you will be the strongest in your guild!
    Like seriously? I had precrafted some even b4 changes and when the notice came i was able to make a few more, but this is just not right for anyome atm.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Yes

Timitock You are missing the point here.
    No, he's not. He's trolling - and you bit. Hard.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Yes
    Almost 700 voted and 96% of the player base want raid rewards reviewed. Devs, please do not ignore this situation!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    The silence by the devs on this issue is deafening. And sad.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    This thread should never leave the front page, the devs NEED to address this travesty of a situation.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    Yes
    Day 3 of silence since the poll was started...
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    After seeing the spanish video, not only i think raid reward system should be reviewed, but the whole rancor/pig fight as well. The only strategy you need is 50 upgraded characters in your rooster to achieve most damage. I fail to see where the skills plays a part, i 'learned' almost everything in 10 minutes of watching. That won't matter because 'my squad isn't ready' like you said in one of your promos to Rancor! Meaning there is ABSOLUTELY no way to compete with someone that has an entire rooster.
  • Options
    Yes
    Absolutely yes. Especially since gear lvl 9 is behind this ridiculous wall CG put into place
  • Options
    Yes
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Timitock You are missing the point here.
    No, he's not. He's trolling - and you bit. Hard.

Yea I guess!

Bad game management here
  • BigFry
    18 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    Game is worst now they are killing the game
  • Options
    Yes
    Hepps wrote: »
    This guild reward system simply makes me wanna quit and certainly not spend more money on the game

Couldn't agree more! I know for a LOT of players guilds and raids was the final "let's wait and see before I move on" and they completely dropped the ball.

EVERYTHING in this game is designed to bleed people dry. They couldn't give us one "fun thing" without worrying about spending and spending. Gear level 9 and competition within guilds are the worst things to happen to this game yet.
  • Powda
    525 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    ROFLMAO!

Wait until you guys see just how hard it is to complete a raid and how little rewards you actually get for all that effort.

From experience - the whaliest of whales are the ones who top the charts because they can afford the deepest benches. Your best geared five man squad doesn't compare to five full teams, even if the comps aren't great for two out of the five.

There's been a lot of poor decision making since I started in mid-January, but a lot of the decisions with this patch boggle the mind.
  • Options
    Yes
    Some people said give it a try then complaints if needed.

We have done our first raid T5.
    Only top 3 will have a chance to get one of those unobtainable gear piece.

Going for T6 next
    Only 20 players will have a chance to get the unobtainable gear piece.

In short, 50 people help in getting bank coins so that we can start a raid and only a small proportion of people will get those gears. It's very fair, yeah.

We already had 2 members leaving due to the unfairness of this system. That's a very good start. Making a guild of 20 people with very deep rosters seems a better option to them but will take more time to summon raids.

It was also supposed to be very doable for FTP players. Those aren't doable for FTP competitive players. They need gear piece to promote their toons to Gear9-10 etc. "THEY"screwed up by letting people pre-craft those gear. Once more it is very fair. Now Arena has become sort of a nightmare for some players even those who aren't FTP but haven't precraft those gears.

At least release a statement concerning these things, don't just ignore your players.

Thanks.
  • Options
    So what's the point of having a guild more then 20 players? If player #21 won't get anything
  • Powda
    525 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    skarroo11 wrote: »
    Some people said give it a try then complaints if needed.

We have done our first raid T5.
    Only top 3 will have a chance to get one of those unobtainable gear piece.

Going for T6 next
    Only 20 players will have a chance to get the unobtainable gear piece.

In short, 50 people help in getting bank coins so that we can start a raid and only a small proportion of people will get those gears. It's very fair, yeah.

We already had 2 members leaving due to the unfairness of this system. That's a very good start. Making a guild of 20 people with very deep rosters seems a better option to them but will take more time to summon raids.

It was also supposed to be very doable for FTP players. Those aren't doable for FTP competitive players. They need gear piece to promote their toons to Gear9-10 etc. "THEY"screwed up by letting people pre-craft those gear. Once more it is very fair. Now Arena has become sort of a nightmare for some players even those who aren't FTP but haven't precraft those gears.

At least release a statement concerning these things, don't just ignore your players.

Thanks.

Bold and Italicized for reference and emphasis.

It will take a long time to build up the currency to attempt those raids without fifty people pitching in. AS WELL, what is the overall percentage of that Top 20 damage compared to the bottom 30, or Top 3 vs everyone else?!

EA, consistent with their track record, has rushed out another update that might be mechanically sound, but terrible in terms of practicality.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    Solidg2000 wrote: »
    So what's the point of having a guild more then 20 players? If player #21 won't get anything

You need those bodies to help you achieve the daily goals...duh! Win win situation here...they contribute to the guild and they don't get the gear required to advance further. Half coins, 1/3 credits etc.
  • Options
    Everyone in the guild should get the same gear.
    Credits and currency can be tiered
  • Options
    Yes
    Powda wrote: »
    l

Bold and Italicized for reference and emphasis.

It will take a long time to build up the currency to attempt those raids without fifty people pitching in. AS WELL, what is the overall percentage of that Top 20 damage compared to the bottom 30, or Top 3 vs everyone else?!

EA, consistent with their track record, has rushed out another update that might be mechanically sound, but terrible in terms of practicality.

I wrote that quickly on my smart phone as soon as we beat the Rancor today. Some feedbacks.

Most of our 50 people ~ 45 are doing their daily requirements in order to be part of our guild and some of us are doing a bit more just to fill in to reach T7 on the dailies.

Damage wise:
    Top 3 between 1.08M, 1.2M and 1.4M DMG
    Top 4-20 between 500K and 960K damage
    Top 20-50 (45 attack the Rancor) 490K - 62K

Most of us haven't done the 5 battles.
    We have done 1-3 battles (some of them did 5) so that everyone in the guild have a chance to attack the Rancor.
  • Options
    Yes
    @EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera Please guys address this issue. Its already causing problems within guilds and people giving up completely.
    Bad game management here
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Yes

Agreed. CG/EA using guilds as a "gearing gate" is understandable. Using them so that 3 out of 50 players get said gear is reprehensible. Especially if the system is set up so it is always the same 3 players, based on strength.

Again, I ask the developers - is this a system you would play under with family and friends?

• Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Agreed. CG/EA using guilds as a "gearing gate" is understandable. Using them so that 3 out of 50 players get said gear is reprehensible. Especially if the system is set up so it is always the same 3 players, based on strength.

Again, I ask the developers - is this a system you would play under with family and friends?

With these current reward system, i wouldn't be surprised if after one month devs will suspend the whales that got placed 1, 2 and 3 because they had an 'unfair advantage' lol