Should the "Raids Rewards" be reviewed ?

Replies

• gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    They can't do this without major changes.... they already buried the other thread and will probably merge this with it.

Providing everyone with the same top tier rewards would advance the game faster than they want; so they'd be forced to nerf all the prize packages (another outcry?) and then provide a different way to obtain the unobtainable.... they already put a ton of work into what we have right now and I don't see them back tracking on it since while people are saying "change it" at the same time they''re hitting the "yes I'd like to buy that bundle" button.... money isn't speaking out strong enough to force a change; in fact it is embracing what is there.....
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    Agreed! We dont need another way to seperate f2p and p2w, specially in a team or group effort! Makes it impossible and disheartening for f2p to even try! We basically just help the p2w players reach their goal and then they reap the rewards..

there is no difference between f2p and p2p in raid rewards.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Yes
    +1

EA and CG would make 100 unwanted changes to the game before they would address this
  • Metainventer
    169 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Yes
    The Han Solo shards should also be the same for all, oh wait now everybody only gets 1 shard. Dame you ea.
    Post edited by Metainventer on
  • Options
    Yes
    leef wrote: »
    Agreed! We dont need another way to seperate f2p and p2w, specially in a team or group effort! Makes it impossible and disheartening for f2p to even try! We basically just help the p2w players reach their goal and then they reap the rewards..

there is no difference between f2p and p2p in raid rewards.

What i mean is the guild rewards and leaderboards as a whole is directed towards competing against each other, and the top players in ur guild will always get better than others, and in the regular contribution rewards i understand that, but in raid rewards where we all want and need those gears to upgrade our toons and we all put forth much effort to deffeat the rancor despite how much weaker f2p teams may be than p2w, we should all recieve the same prizes so its more encouraged to work together than to compete against each other! As a free 2 play player myself, if im not reaping the rewards i want and need even tho i may do very well on my leaderboard, just because i got 10th instead of 1-3rd... Then whats my incentive to keep helping others that are more competive recieve their higher rewards while im stuck recieving lower rewards because i cant spend more money on crystals and packages to beef my players up more or buy unfarmable gear that i need?!
  • Options
    +1
  • Options
    I agree with this. Whoever participates in the raid should all share the rewards equally. It will ensure the entire guild gets stronger as a whole. The individual daily guild awards can stay they same and reward those who spend more.
  • Options
    Yes
    I dont agree, why should someone who contributed alot get rewarded the same as someone who did not, what is the motivation to contribute alot then?
  • Options
    Yes
    But i do understand your point
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    @jayskywalker i understand what you are saying. I just disagree on the money part. The flaws in the raid reward system dont have anything to do with money. The whole money argument only sidetracks us from the real issue with the reward system.
    The raid reward system is just as flawed for a p2p player as it is for a f2p player.
    from p2p perspective the reward system is a slap in the face aswell. Obviously they can throw money at the game to outperform 47 out of the 50 guildmembers. problems solved, until more than 3 members try to out spend the others. The guy who came in at 4th place lost his money and is still without the desired gear. meanwhile, in another guild where noone is trying to outspend the others, some guy who just happened to have the best team in his guild, did get that desired gear without spending a dollar on it.
    you see my point ? In some ways this guild reward system is even less desirable for p2p than it is for f2p players. The guild you choose to be in effects the benefits of being in a guild way more than the amount of money spend on the game.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    Darth_Vlad wrote: »
    But i do understand your point

the reward system doesnt reward participation and effort. for example if you have a 10man guild.
    #1: 100000 dps
    #2 99999 dps
    #3 99998 dps
    #4 99997 dps
    now #4 only did 3dps less than #1 but he gets a way worse reward.

+ the fact that the amount of dps a member can contribute to the raid is determined mostly by his roster, not by his skill and/or effort. So basically if you started playing swgoh 2 months ealyer than your guildmates you can just get the best reward without even having to try, meanwhile the others are giving it their all and still end up with horrible rewards.
  • Options
    Yes
    I also believe this will cause drama within the guild and players will leave in the long run. I dont think this is what EA/CG wants to cause. But im pretty certain in the future, players will eventually leave because of how the rewards system was implanted.
    Bad game management here
  • Oootini
    636 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    Keep voting people
  • Options
    Something unexpected is happening too: this system can also encourage top players to NOT participate. Myself and another member in our guild held back in the raid because we didn't want to be jerks who stole all the rewards.

I want to play without everyone hating me. Come on Capital Games!

Prizes should be distributed to everyone -- possibly in different ratios, but this "best for the top 3" thing needs to be removed.

@EA_Jesse
  • Options
    Also, leaders and officers have a distinct advantage by being able to start the raid at their convenience. What if they start the raid AND finish a raid before I am even able to come contribute that day? I get screwed over even though I want to contribute the same as everyone else.
  • Options
    Yes
    The following is exactly how we should do this, and it is taken from Heroes Charge

First of all, yes, the amount of damage you do matters: the damage converts to gold (what this game calls credits). if you dealt 500,000 damage, you got something like 50,000 coins. and thats immediately after battle ends
    Basically, think of Raid rewards as a bakery
    a boss has a loot table, lets say cuffs, hairdryers, and furnaces
    50 guild members take a number for 1 of the rewards
    guild member Conor was the first one to take a number on stun cuffs, and guild member bobby clicked on it 10th. Tommy clicked second on stun cuffs
    only ricky clicked on hairdryer.
    final numbers are 30 asked for cuffs, 1 on hairdryer, and 19 on furnaces

the boss is killed, and drops 5 stun cuffs, 2 hairdryers, and no furnaces
    Conor and Tommy get a stun cuff, and is removed from the bakery, as well as the rest of the first 5. if they want more loot, they must re-enter the bakery and take a number again, now last on line. Now Bobby is 5th in line for a stun cuff
    Ricky gets the hairdryer and is kicked out of the bakery. the remaining hairdryer is placed on the counter, and the first one to take that number will get it. Bobby decided he wants the hairdryer, so he forfeits his place in line, grabs the hairdryer, and is kicked out of the bakery.
    since no furnaces dropped, those 19 people are all still on line in the bakery.

This system is 100% fair. if you didn't get loot, you will later. if you want
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    I have a feeling this outcry will fall on deaf ears like the precrafting deal.

What better way to get people to spend 1500 crystals on gear in shipments than making it impossible to get in the raids?

So, not only are they getting money from crystals people are buying to rank high in guild dailies, but once people realize the good stuff is next to impossible to get they'll get money from crystals for gear in shipments.

EA - 2
    Players - 0

• medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    I as a guild leader, really want the option to set my guild to even distribution for raids.
  • Options
    Yes
    medetec wrote: »
    I as a guild leader, really want the option to set my guild to even distribution for raids.

Me too! Give us the option at least :)
    Bad game management here
  • Hepps
    26 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    This guild reward system simply makes me wanna quit and certainly not spend more money on the game
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    fudgra wrote: »
    I have a feeling this outcry will fall on deaf ears like the precrafting deal.

What better way to get people to spend 1500 crystals on gear in shipments than making it impossible to get in the raids?

So, not only are they getting money from crystals people are buying to rank high in guild dailies, but once people realize the good stuff is next to impossible to get they'll get money from crystals for gear in shipments.

EA - 2
    Players - 0

I do think we need to wait and see the drop rates in the guild raid rewards to determine how fair the gear issue is.

That said, an ultra-competitive raid rewards system is a horrible implementation for something that is supposed to be about team work. Someone made the analogy of guilds being like a military unit and competition being good. That analogy has 3 MAJOR flaws:
    1) People in a military unit are not competing for immediate and powerful prizes - that will only make the powerful more powewrful.
    2) People in the military won't get "kicked out" for being too good. We've seen this start to happen as well.
    3) Most importantly - this is a game. It's supposed to be fun. We are not preparing people for life and death combat situations.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Yes
    Absolutely. A guild us a team. If the team wins... They split the reward. This also helps the lower guts in the guild as well.
  • Haplo
    183 posts Member
    Options
    DarthBalls wrote: »
    Absolutely. A guild us a team. If the team wins... They split the reward. This also helps the lower guts in the guild as well.

assing everyone contributes evenly, maybe everyone should get the same thing, but, it will be very rare that everyone in a guild contributes equally. Someone who does one fight a day should not get the same rewards someone who does 5 fights a day. Someone who is getting carried should not get the same rewards those that are carrying them should.

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Yes

Correct. Ironically, it is the "lower guys" that could probably use a little bonus and in many guilds, no one would have a problem with this - in fact, many have expressed that they would like to be able to help out those who have struggled or are new.

Instead, the current raid rewards system makes even that impossible. Pathetic.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Yes
    This Raid thing is really a pain.. Had two members quit. The whole Rewards System is flawed.. Some of us will never be able to go to Gear 9 if they cant place 20 or higher unless they spend money. Isnt this a F2P game? How is it F2P when you cant get past Gear8 with so many characters? Im thinking about calling it quits if this doesnt change too.. Rewards and gear system is completely flawed and you know it @EA_Jesse , @CG_JohnSalera
    Bad game management here
  • Naugrin
    686 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    The current reward system is bad and they know it. I can only assume from the silence that they do not care.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Yes
    Haplo wrote: »

assing everyone contributes evenly, maybe everyone should get the same thing, but, it will be very rare that everyone in a guild contributes equally. Someone who does one fight a day should not get the same rewards someone who does 5 fights a day. Someone who is getting carried should not get the same rewards those that are carrying them should.

agreed, but the current reward system isnt based on participation or effort.
    take a look at the challenge rewards. Being a higher lvl player gets you better rewards, and yet no one complaints about it.
    there has to be a balance in rewarding effort/participation + what you bring into the battle ( lvl and toons you own)
    it would be unfair that a lvl 40 player gets the same reward as a lvl 75 player because he hardly does any damage to the rancor. but on the other hand it would also be unfair the lvl 40 player puts in way more effort than the lvl 75 player but leaves the raid practically empty handed just because his toons are way worse.
  • Options
    Agreed. A guild is supposed to be supportive, not fight club.
  • Options
    Yes
    Also, leaders and officers have a distinct advantage by being able to start the raid at their convenience. What if they start the raid AND finish a raid before I am even able to come contribute that day? I get screwed over even though I want to contribute the same as everyone else.

Happened to the top four contributers in my guild. We all contributed the most and the raid was started and completed without any of us getting to participate. That is really messed up. Our "leader" started the raid at 6 AM eastern time without saying anything in chat. The raid was over before any of us new it. There has got to be a better way.
    Use the force Luke.... and get rid of that stupid musket.