rey at gear x

Replies

• V1p3rdyn4sty
    2674 posts Member
    Options
    Gavstar wrote: »
    To be fair EA_Jesse did say in General, toons speed and Dmg ratio would be fixed - In General, does not mean all toons.

I've faced a gear 10 Rey, the cracking sound effects are cool. Then you realised someone on you team just died... Sadness then settles in...

The only counter is dodge RNG in your favour.

The only counter lol.
  • V1p3rdyn4sty
    2674 posts Member
    Options
    Eebers wrote: »
    I knew this was going to turn into a nerf thread.

It should be. We were BLATANTLY lied to. The fastest heroes in the game by FAR do the most damage as well. You could argue that per battle they could/should do the most damage total, simply because they attack more frequently, and I'd be okay with that. BUT, not only do they attack the most they also hit the hardest with each swing, so their damage totals can be 2, 3, 4x what another "attacker" does.

Have you ever seen any other type of RPG or MMORPM where DPS can one-shot a tank?

Leia and Rey are absolutely off the charts now. And the "well you can farm them too" excuse is so lame. Why don't we just make JC hit for 1 billion damage with every swing? "Well you can farm him too!" But that just doesn't make for a fun game now does it?

k1dtfn.gif
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    To be fair EA_Jesse did say in General, toons speed and Dmg ratio would be fixed - In General, does not mean all toons.

I've faced a gear 10 Rey, the cracking sound effects are cool. Then you realised someone on you team just died... Sadness then settles in...

The only counter lol.

How do you actually counter Rey then? She goes first, potentially kills a guy before you can do anything, and has protection up with Foresight. Couple her with Dooku lead and she has a great chance of dodging whatever your'e trying to do. I've lost a ton of games because of this. Missing 6+ attacks in a row is not fun nor is there anyway to avoid it, as far as I'm aware.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • V1p3rdyn4sty
    2674 posts Member
    Options
    Yudoka wrote: »

The only counter lol.

How do you actually counter Rey then? She goes first, potentially kills a guy before you can do anything, and has protection up with Foresight. Couple her with Dooku lead and she has a great chance of dodging whatever your'e trying to do. I've lost a ton of games because of this. Missing 6+ attacks in a row is not fun nor is there anyway to avoid it, as far as I'm aware.

Seriously? You can't beat a team with Rey? Why do you even play?
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options

The only counter lol.

Seriously? You can't beat a team with Rey? Why do you even play?

Do you have any actual advice? It's the dodges. There's nothing that can be done about it. You either land the attack or you miss 100% of it. Have that sweet RNG apply that multiple times in a row, and it's sort of over.

They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • V1p3rdyn4sty
    2674 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    She can't one shot any of my characters. So, first off be leveled in ALL areas. Then use any strategy really. Get her down to just above 50% health and use gs on an assist. Get an RG or taunter of your own. Use Ventress or QGJ to dispelled opponents taunt. Hit her with offense down if you have to. Stun her. Theres more ways im sure. Her health pool is one of the worst in the game.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

The only counter lol.

you ask how you counter rey, but you describe a dooku issue. I did not yet face a gear10 rey, but gear9 isnt a problem. all my toons are g8. i use aoe to get rid of forsight.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • V1p3rdyn4sty
    2674 posts Member
    Options
    If I'm being rude to genuinely nice people, I'm sorry. But all the cries for nerfs need to stop.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    She can't one shot any of my characters. So, first off be leveled in ALL areas. Then use any strategy really. Get her down to just above 50% health and use gs on an assist. Get an RG or taunter of your own. Use Ventress or QGJ to dispelled opponents taunt. Hit her with offense down if you have to. Stun her. Theres more ways im sure. Her health pool is one of the worst in the game.

I guess my issue is more of her paring with lead Dooku. If the attacks land, the above strat works fine. It's a basic strategy to employ against most high damage characters.

• Options
    Rey hits hard, but she has no utility, just raw damage. If she doesn't hit any hard she will be in the range of Ugnaught. She's squishy, after all.
  • V1p3rdyn4sty
    2674 posts Member
    Options

I guess my issue is more of her paring with lead Dooku. If the attacks land, the above strat works fine. It's a basic strategy to employ against most high damage characters.

Everyone hits a vicious RNG sometimes. Everyone loses to the A.I. sometimes. Wait 8 minutes and try again. I hit an all Ewoks and daka team last week. I lost 3 times in a row with the revives and stealth. So, I stopped trying to kill Daka first and killed Ewok Elder first. Bam. Haven't lost to that team again.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    If I'm being rude to genuinely nice people, I'm sorry. But all the cries for nerfs need to stop.

I think there would be less cries if gear IX+ wasn't behind such a wall. There's a lot more pain when facing far better geared opponents and you have no real way to catch up without throwing a lot of money at it.
  • jeremyj26
    783 posts Member
    Options

The only counter lol.

Versus a team that is of the same level, she won't be one-hitting anyone. Lower level teams, it's possible.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options

I think there would be less cries if gear IX+ wasn't behind such a wall. There's a lot more pain when facing far better geared opponents and you have no real way to catch up without throwing a lot of money at it.

Gear 9 is nothing. I have beaten almost all gear 9 Rey so far! I would like to see how gear 10 Rey performs.
  • Options
    That's fit the role of daughter of Luke lol
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    QGJ lead goes first and HRS with Ackbar lead also go first. If you used your omegas on QGJ you can use his basic to lower her turn meter and get a couple more of your toons ahead of her. HRS can open the game with a stun or a critical hit and either one is great. But either way she's not going to one shot any toon in her first or second turn so you have plenty of time to take her down.
  • saboater
    111 posts Member
    Options

The only counter lol.

She can't kill a single person on my team one shot. Solution is easy--fight with comparable gear/levels
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    saboater wrote: »

The only counter lol.

She can't kill a single person on my team one shot. Solution is easy--fight with comparable gear/levels

That's not a simple solution. Gear IX+ is now much more difficult to acquire. On average, it'll take you about two weeks to complete one piece if you're not splashing down a fair amount of cash.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    QGJ lead goes first and HRS with Ackbar lead also go first. If you used your omegas on QGJ you can use his basic to lower her turn meter and get a couple more of your toons ahead of her. HRS can open the game with a stun or a critical hit and either one is great. But either way she's not going to one shot any toon in her first or second turn so you have plenty of time to take her down.

At gear X she's apparently faster than QGJ and gets foresight.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Her health pool is one of the worst in the game.
    When does this apply? I'm level 74, and I haven't noticed this, yet.

She has more about the same (or more?) health than QGJ, 86, Sid, Dooku? The only high DPS which is tankier than her, I can think of off the top of my head, is GS. There are seemingly more than a few glass cannon with the same approximate health as her, or even less, without foresight.

I don't have all the toons, but AFAIC from what I am familiar with, I'd say Rey has normal health for an attacker. And only a couple toons I know of have what I'd call poor health. CUP and 88.

Maybe at lvl and gear cap, she will have low health. But at gear 9 she has totally average health and protection, IMO. So she is not doing too bad with the foresight.
  • BobAFeet
    147 posts Member
    Options
    Varlie wrote: »
    For the people taking about her one shotting someone, did this happen on the first round attack or did it happen after she got some buffs built up?
    I understand the gear 10 makes her faster but if it takes more than one round before she can one shot someone then she can be dropped before she gets charged up.
    I haven't faced her at gear 10 but I know I always drop her first in any battle where I'm facing her.

This was round one... And she is not easy to kill as she gets foresight and that darn triple swipe every time... Combine that with the Dooku dodge debacle and you have a scenario even worse than before the update.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    LastJedi wrote: »
    Her health pool is one of the worst in the game.
    When does this apply? I'm level 74, and I haven't noticed this, yet.

She has more about the same (or more?) health than QGJ, 86, Sid, Dooku? The only high DPS which is tankier than her, I can think of off the top of my head, is GS. There are seemingly more than a few glass cannon with the same approximate health as her, or even less, without foresight.

I don't have all the toons, but AFAIC from what I am familiar with, I'd say Rey has normal health for an attacker. And only a couple toons I know of have what I'd call poor health. CUP and 88.

Maybe at lvl and gear cap, she will have low health. But at gear 9 she has totally average health and protection, IMO. So she is not doing too bad with the foresight.

Not sure how protection stacks up but health is this.

QGJ - 14,300
    GS - 13,800
    86 - 13,400
    Rey - 11,400
  • saboater
    111 posts Member
    Options

The only counter lol.

That's not a simple solution. Gear IX+ is now much more difficult to acquire. On average, it'll take you about two weeks to complete one piece if you're not splashing down a fair amount of cash.

And why do you expect to compete with gear X characters when you don't have the same? I'm confused.
    College sports teams (FTP) don't expect to be able to compete with Pro sports teams (PTP).
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options

The only counter lol.

And why do you expect to compete with gear X characters when you don't have the same? I'm confused.
    College sports teams (FTP) don't expect to be able to compete with Pro sports teams (PTP).

But they also don't play in the same league, do they? I wouldn't have problem with this if arena separated this out. They didn't have this wall before but now they do.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    QGJ - 14,300
    GS - 13,800
    86 - 13,400
    Rey - 11,400
    Cool. So basically, this puts Rey into one shot territory, as long as you also have Rey. Sweet RNG!

Well, I gotta say, this surprises me to see. I think it's 90% matter of Rey at higher gear is terribly effective. Rey at equal gear is not terribly effective, but then again, not much is.

It's essentially impossible (barring an unlikely string of RNG) to beat a higher gear Rey team unless your team happens to have very specific advantages. But any other toon or two at higher gear, it's still quite possible to beat that team.

It's fun two shotting under geared Rey. It's a losing proposition trying to take on a higher gear Rey, until you bring your own big guns. She just makes a huge difference due to her role and AI, once she goes to the next level. I think that's part of the fun, though. I hope there's still some noobs left to beat on, when I finally get my Rey unlocked and geared. :)
  • saboater
    111 posts Member
    Options

The only counter lol.

But they also don't play in the same league, do they? I wouldn't have problem with this if arena separated this out. They didn't have this wall before but now they do.

Exactly. Don't expect to be in the same metaphorical league. The wall is not a hard one like sports (the game wouldn't even exist if it did because FTP by itself is not viable)
  • Options
    Stop **** cause you suck and dont have a toon that can take her out in 2 hits and youre too lazy to farm her there for people who have invested time in her should lose out
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    If Rey is 1-shotting your characters or droppign them into Red with one Leverage or even a FoB, then your characters are under-geared, no way around that. The people in my top-10 are all geared fairly well, there's no 1-shotting going on. A couple lucky QGJ or GS with Phasma lead and Rey with offense up and no debuffs gets the Phasma's call can of course lead to a 1-turn kill, but that's a lot of luck though it did happen to me once. LOL.
  • jonni
    133 posts Member
    Options
    the problem is not rey being too overpowered. the problem is most people losing to her actually dont have a squad of mostly gear Xs. she's 1 shotting u guys coz you're mostly gear VIII to IX while the opposing side most likely has a couple of gear X. seems like working as intended to me.
  • Options
    Am I the only one that notices Rey misses a bunch of special attacks especially with Dooku or Lumi lead? Seems to be a ton lately I missed 4 times in a row twice today