rey at gear x

Prev134567
My goodness... She must get a speed boost cause she goes first even ahead of my gqj lead. She starts with leverage and starts off with foresight. Scary

Replies

• Options
    It's gear 10. She's suppose to be good.
  • Salgado9
    529 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah I borrowed one... "speed will now be a bigger factor in damage output" clearly they meant the faster you are the harder you hit cause ga dang
  • Options
    If you want. You can farm her too. It will take a long time. But you can do it.
  • InternetSwag
    2658 posts Member
    Options
    Leia scares me more than any Rey ever could.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    It's not even a hard farm anymore. You can get 8 shards a day pretty easily.
  • V1p3rdyn4sty
    2674 posts Member
    Options
    It's 9 nodes a day for the average player. Unless I missed something. I haven't farmed her lately.
  • V1p3rdyn4sty
    2674 posts Member
    Options
    Oh guild rewards. That's true.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    She gains +12 speed going from G9 to G10, so I believe she's at 164 speed there. And yes, the 'speed will now be a bigger factor in damage output' was a complete lie if it meant fast characters don't have as much damage. Even at G10, Rey and Leia are still the highest damage characters and have the most speed, so great job CG/EA.

TL;DR: I'm sour because no furnaces have showed up in shipments yet...
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options
    benacrow wrote: »
    She gains +12 speed going from G9 to G10, so I believe she's at 164 speed there. And yes, the 'speed will now be a bigger factor in damage output' was a complete lie if it meant fast characters don't have as much damage. Even at G10, Rey and Leia are still the highest damage characters and have the most speed, so great job CG/EA.

TL;DR: I'm sour because no furnaces have showed up in shipments yet...

Agreed. Rey's 20k hits at G10 coupled with her speed are obnoxious. The update did not apply to her at all. I feel Leia is a bit more balanced since she requires a fair bit of RNG to be effective.
  • Onetime7979
    1012 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I once had a dream about rey.
    Post edited by Onetime7979 on
  • V1p3rdyn4sty
    2674 posts Member
    Options
    I knew this was going to turn into a nerf thread.
  • Options

Lol what did you expect? She's still beatable so I don't care too much.
  • Eebers
    89 posts Member
    Options

It should be. We were BLATANTLY lied to. The fastest heroes in the game by FAR do the most damage as well. You could argue that per battle they could/should do the most damage total, simply because they attack more frequently, and I'd be okay with that. BUT, not only do they attack the most they also hit the hardest with each swing, so their damage totals can be 2, 3, 4x what another "attacker" does.

Have you ever seen any other type of RPG or MMORPM where DPS can one-shot a tank?

Leia and Rey are absolutely off the charts now. And the "well you can farm them too" excuse is so lame. Why don't we just make JC hit for 1 billion damage with every swing? "Well you can farm him too!" But that just doesn't make for a fun game now does it?
  • Jedi2407
    782 posts Member
    Options
    I dunno what you are talking about. The devs rebalanced the game so that faster toons couldn't do so much damage. Rey must be fine as is.
  • BobAFeet
    147 posts Member
    Options
    Rey is more powerful than any toon ever has been. I faced a gear x, 80 today and she took out my level 79, 7*, gear Ix Leia with one shot. Absurd. Seems like she gets the triple hit every time as well...
  • Eebers
    89 posts Member
    Options
    BobAFeet wrote: »
    Rey is more powerful than any toon ever has been. I faced a gear x, 80 today and she took out my level 79, 7*, gear Ix Leia with one shot. Absurd. Seems like she gets the triple hit every time as well...

I could ALMOST (not quite) stomach a heavy attacker taking out another heavy attacker with one hit, but being able to do the same thing to a so called "tank" is absolutely ridiculous.
  • Lianara
    740 posts Member
    Options
    My 6* gear 9 Rey under offence up buff one-shot (more or less) Phasma who had 3/4 of protection still left. Very satisfying for one real long farm. 9 shards from 7*, and I bought a furnace for her and need 30 unobtanium pieces to get her to gear 10. Can't wait. While I hope Rey doesn't get nerfed, one shot of tanky chars should never happen. Perhaps protection/health of tanks versus DPS toons needs further adjustment, as does speed of damage dealers.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    For the people taking about her one shotting someone, did this happen on the first round attack or did it happen after she got some buffs built up?
    I understand the gear 10 makes her faster but if it takes more than one round before she can one shot someone then she can be dropped before she gets charged up.
    I haven't faced her at gear 10 but I know I always drop her first in any battle where I'm facing her.
  • Toxique
    33 posts Member
    Options
    She will always get a turn off cause no one runs her without the Royal Guard, thus she will always get an attack off and almost always 1 shot anyone she hits. Game over while u deal with
    Red Guard
  • Gavstar
    214 posts Member
    Options
    To be fair EA_Jesse did say in General, toons speed and Dmg ratio would be fixed - In General, does not mean all toons.

I've faced a gear 10 Rey, the cracking sound effects are cool. Then you realised someone on you team just died... Sadness then settles in...

The only counter is dodge RNG in your favour.
  • jomamaphat
    192 posts Member
    Options
    If you want. You can farm her too. It will take a long time. But you can do it.

I have her at gear 9 so i have farmed her. Unfortunately getting her to gear x is daunting. The team instinct member in my server that has her and the rest of the team at gear 9 or 10 is the only team in arena i lose to about half the time. All other teams i dont ever lose to. This wasn't a cry for nerf... Just amazed they gave her so much speed with all that power.
  • jomamaphat
    192 posts Member
    Options
    Interestingly i autoplayed a battle vs that team after payout just to see what happened and my team won in 90 seconds. He has dooku lead with rey 5s qgj and rg. The only way i can win is if my rg auto taunts and after his qgj removes it i get off a taunt from st han. If his rg or dooku gets a stun on my han it's over
  • bleeaauuh
    1006 posts Member
    Options
    I have g10 rey and she is just broken, by far best character in the game and needs to be seriously looked at by devs
  • TheDukeofDukes22
    585 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »

Isn't it? Doesn-t she have like only one hard node? How can you get 8 shards a day???
    (Please quote me in the reply so I can get a notification)
  • Harmonica
    541 posts Member
    Options
    Rey is honestly fine and easy enough to handle.

The devs need to look at useless characters (like Anakin) and do makeovers on them instead.
    Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • jomamaphat
    192 posts Member
    Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »

Isn't it? Doesn-t she have like only one hard node? How can you get 8 shards a day???
    (Please quote me in the reply so I can get a notification)
    She has 3 hard nodes plus the 5 in guild shipments. It's not 8 guaranteed but that is what the poster is referring to
  • jomamaphat
    192 posts Member
    Options
    But that's just getting her to 7 stars which is easy compared to gearing her at level 10
  • Breetai
    858 posts Member
    Options
    And yet she is still squishy and easy to kill.

I'd Rey gets more than 1 shot off against you, you either have A. A bad set up for her, or B. RNG god hated you and is now laughing at you for your anger.
  • Options
    bleeaauuh wrote: »
    I have g10 rey and she is just broken, by far best character in the game and needs to be seriously looked at by devs

Sure you do. Buddy.

Because everyone that put "that much effort" into a toon is going to cry for a nerf.
    "May the Schwartz be with you", Yogurt

Guild: -FTB- Reign Of Fate
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options
    It's only a matter of time before she's nerfed. It's happened to pretty much every hard to get 'must have' except for RG.

The trend seems to be the devs making specific characters blatantly OP, everyone buying lots of energy to farm them ASAP so they can compete, once it's run its course they're nerfed and they move on to the next one. One reason why this game will never be balanced.