Who obtained Yoda in the real hard event deserve a recognition like a special skin

Replies

• Options
    So I don't have all 7* jedis yet, probably will in the next event, and I'm going to be "punished" because of the time I started playing? This community is getting worse everyday, only crying, whining and complaining. "oh I'm so special, my rng was good yesterday and I deserve to be special". What about the players who got him before this event? Do they deserve that too? This is non sense, a crying for attention.
  • Options
    kind of funny. the people who got it in the first few events had a total different experience that the ones trying to get it during this last one. They have nerfed the players characters so much, that yody was pretty much one shoting each jedi not to mention the 2 back up jedi's. I read all the guides to try and help you get through it. The wet noodle one was one of the funniest. In the old game Jedi Guardian was one of the best because she hardly did any damage. If you played it during this one, JG was hitting for about 6000 to 7000 on each attack. The main reason everyone was "whining" is that EA nerfed all the players characters but left the computer opponents at full strength.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    No, please I deserved help
    EROSIONE wrote: »
    Yudoka wrote: »
    EROSIONE wrote: »
    Yudoka wrote: »
    We should also recognize people who won at a slot machine. Their strategy of coming along when the rng was perfect deserves recognition.

If you think your strategy and not rng was the major factor in finishing Yoda yesterday, you're fooling yourself.
    Oh well done on you for pushing autoplay!!! Nice strategy... A lot of thinking required and I understand how proud you are for achieving to reach the top left corner of the monitor with your finger!

They nerfed it too much, I agree. But there was no real strategy yesterday either. You either got lucky or kept hitting your head against a wall. Unless you think there was a magic strategy involved in level 70 teams finishing the event?

Yes there were strategy, waiting on things to happen it's called planning, and best adapting to RNG... Trying to create the perfect combination of events it's not random it's planning. I felt so proud when I made it. You'll never feel like that. They spoiled that feeling for your event... U can only feel bored of achieving something anyone anytime can. They ruined your fun. Fun here was the process to get there... You'll never get it back. I so wanted to face Yoda again after I made it!

There was no planning nor adapting. How do you adapt to Yoda killing multiples of your guys in a row? He was too fast and hit for too much. You had to luck into a series of Yoda mishaps. The game isn't deep enough to have won this event through actual strategy. I'm disappointed they couldn't find a balance between the two. Oh well. It's not like Yoda is worth using in arena.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • JSnow54
    176 posts Member
    Options
    A different skin! Hahahaha.....id like a legit reward for beating the real Yoda
  • EROSIONE
    160 posts Member
    Options
    Yes you're right
    arttorres0 wrote: »
    So I don't have all 7* jedis yet, probably will in the next event, and I'm going to be "punished" because of the time I started playing? This community is getting worse everyday, only crying, whining and complaining. "oh I'm so special, my rng was good yesterday and I deserve to be special". What about the players who got him before this event? Do they deserve that too? This is non sense, a crying for attention.

They should give you 2 events, hardcore Yoda with the legendary skin, Noodle Yoda with the regular skin. You can choose which one to do. They just need half hour to make a new skin.
    Zaither88 wrote: »
    kind of funny. the people who got it in the first few events had a total different experience that the ones trying to get it during this last one. They have nerfed the players characters so much, that yody was pretty much one shoting each jedi not to mention the 2 back up jedi's. I read all the guides to try and help you get through it. The wet noodle one was one of the funniest. In the old game Jedi Guardian was one of the best because she hardly did any damage. If you played it during this one, JG was hitting for about 6000 to 7000 on each attack. The main reason everyone was "whining" is that EA nerfed all the players characters but left the computer opponents at full strength.
    Sorry I remember jc hitting me for 4.5k and I had a iperslow Asoka pre rework and no protection at all. You're right jc was almost oneshotting Asoka and kit standed 2 Yoda autos. Ah the match started with Yoda third and Yoda auto than your turn if you still had 5 champions left. That was totally EASIER
  • Options
    Neither poll response apply. This is ridiculous. Want some French cries with that whaaburger?
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    Options
    Yes you're right
    Millennial generation need everything handed to them.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Patience and commitment...

Could it have been ANY clearer?
  • Mezmo
    117 posts Member
    Options
    Got mine yesterday, and I want cookies. Samoas, in particular.

Kthx.
  • EROSIONE
    160 posts Member
    Options
    Yes you're right
    Mezmo wrote: »
    Got mine yesterday, and I want cookies. Samoas, in particular.

Kthx.
    Well done on you. You're in the elite. You deserve yoda
  • Options
    Salty poll is salty.
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I made a similar thread and a mod made it where new posts don't bump it to the top. Just made a post in it and it's on like page 2 of the board still. lol

But I agree. Everyone should get something not only as a reward for beating it but for putting extra resources into Jedi they normally wouldn't have to defeat/attempt to defeat their super duper Yoda.
  • Options
    Yes you're right
    As someone who got Yoda after the changes, I really think those who got him during the harder mode should get something. I mean wow. I probably tried 200+ times yesterday and today, and I could not do it. I only got close one or 2 times. As many said before his basic was hitting for 8k and crits were at 13. And I don't even want to talk about when he stole the offense up buff.

Serious kudos need to go to those who bagged him beforehand.
  • Options
    I don't have enough jedis for level 5 Yoda, I deserve a prize for my suffering :(

I have 5 5* Jedi but can't beat 5* Yoda so they need to cater to my individual needs first and make 5* Yoda as easy to beat as 1*-4* were.
  • Options
    Yes you're right
    I got Yoda yesterday and am disappointed they nerfed the event. Why not just give all players Yoda? This was changed but why has the pre- crafting issue not been addressed?
  • EROSIONE
    160 posts Member
    Options
    Yes you're right
    As someone who got Yoda after the changes, I really think those who got him during the harder mode should get something. I mean wow. I probably tried 200+ times yesterday and today, and I could not do it. I only got close one or 2 times. As many said before his basic was hitting for 8k and crits were at 13. And I don't even want to talk about when he stole the offense up buff.

Serious kudos need to go to those who bagged him beforehand.

Thanks, and imagine when I had no protection and he was critting for 12k or more (oneshotting most of jedis at that time and getting foresight)
  • Lambi
    473 posts Member
    Options
    It really wasn't that bad, did it with 4 level 70s
  • Nobody
    225 posts Member
    Options
    Mo_liza wrote: »
    Millennial generation need everything handed to them.

I'm way above that age... lol

• Options
    DaKraken wrote: »
    Pink dress yoda for the nerfed version.

Yeah, with a giant Lollipop instead of a lightsaber.
  • BL1ZZAXX
    31 posts Member
    Options
    Everyone who is so awesome and so proud of their accomplishment yesterday because they are amazing and did everything right and are so strategic.................how about you beat Yoda best 2 out of 3? If your that good and that much better than the rest of us and proved your planning is so great, lets just challenge you to prove it. Now that you got it figured out then you should win every time, right? But you can't. You no you got lucky and you didn't figure nothing out. Your just upset the Devs acknowledged that it was rediculas and fixed it.
  • Noktarn
    401 posts Member
    Options
    I spent time and resources leveling up sub par toons like jc who are pretty terrible. What's my compensation? This is absurd to get penalized so massively for just trying to play their **** event.
  • BWSkynobi
    334 posts Member
    Options
    You guys already have a special skin. It's thin.
  • B00MSTICK
    107 posts Member
    Options
    BWSkynobi wrote: »
    You guys already have a special skin. It's thin.

Nuff said.
  • EROSIONE
    160 posts Member
    Options
    Yes you're right
    BL1ZZAXX wrote: »
    Everyone who is so awesome and so proud of their accomplishment yesterday because they are amazing and did everything right and are so strategic.................how about you beat Yoda best 2 out of 3? If your that good and that much better than the rest of us and proved your planning is so great, lets just challenge you to prove it. Now that you got it figured out then you should win every time, right? But you can't. You no you got lucky and you didn't figure nothing out. Your just upset the Devs acknowledged that it was rediculas and fixed it.

I'll immediately pay 1600 crystals to have the old hard event open to do it again and again! It was real fun. You'll never understand u pushed autoplay.
  • Nah_Olos
    20 posts Member
    Options
    Yes you're right
    Two suggestions for separating...

No changes to the character or skin; if you got it before the nerf, you're "grandmaster yoda" if you got it after the nerf, you're just "yoda"

OR

Post nerf gets a special "Yaddle" skin and name.. Same stats..

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Yaddle
  • Annastrasza
    1766 posts Member
    Options
    Yes you're right
    I don't have enough jedis for level 5 Yoda, I deserve a prize for my suffering :(
    Oprah is giving away Welfare Yoda.
  • Oldpro87
    8 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Pre nerf yoda was very difficult, but claiming there is no strategy to it is ridiculous. I spent hours yesterday farming Yoda until I figured out what enemies I could take out easier and what patterns I had to follow. I ended up taking down yoda early this morning with a f2p squad and no Bariss. It was Hard, It was VERY Hard. BUT I was in coms with a guildmate and he knew I was excited. My stun landed on anakin which happened once in six games, I was against anakin and old ben which was once in 30 games. The settup was there and I'd put in the hours. I aced it, all my characters were alive at the end, which is some feat on it's own.

However, I did not read the forums this morning. I did not know that he was being nerfed. I brought my jedi from level 70 to 77 in some cases. I spent MILLIONS of credits during a so called 'credit crunch.' This is devastating to me. The lack of communication in this game is absolutely horrible.

Was yoda beatable prenerf? Absolutely. Was he hard? Of course. Was it worth it? Yes. But again, having him nerfed right after I completed it makes me feel shafted. I didn't need to spend ALL my credits and ALL my ability mats (including omega mats...).

If a Letter had hit my inbox last night as yoda launched claiming he was OP and was going to be nerfed.. Well I am stubborn and I would have probably been one of the small few dumping credits to try and bring Yoda down before the nerf bat hit him. And then I would be the one wasting my credits.. ME, It would be ON ME. But now I feel as though EA/CG and their lack of communication wasted some of my credits by failing to communicate and by nerfing something that was difficult but manageable.

end rant

edit erosione this reply mostly to the kids replying to you lol not to your post directly, in that regard.. I know i beat him pre nerf and that's all that matters to me : )
  • Options
    The event was mostly a roll of the dice, and most people had to roll the dice at least several dozen times to complete it pre-nerf. If you were able to compete in the event, pre or post-nerf, you put forth the time to level 5 characters to 7*.

I and virtually everyone else agrees the nerf was too substantial, but people need to stop kidding themselves and pretending that this event required even a moderate degree of skill. It required 5 fully leveled characters, a few good decisions and 95% luck.