Who obtained Yoda in the real hard event deserve a recognition like a special skin

Replies

• Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Options
    Yes you're right
    BWSkynobi wrote: »
    You're so awesome and great and wonderful and amazing because you could beat Yoda yesterday. Do you really even need a special reward, you're already better and smarter and more handsomer than everyone else.

Voted yes, but realized how douchy I am after I read this.
  • bLz
    27 posts Member
    Options
    I got him before the nerf, and it took hours of cycling through adds to get Anakin and Bariss. And then it took some serious RNG luck to get a few stuns with Eeth. In response to your thread though I say ...

Are you **** serious? There's people who simply didn't have time yesterday, or only could put in a few tries? You want special stuff because you were able to play for a few hours more? You want special recognition because maybe you precrafted, or have P2W characters etc? Get out.
  • EROSIONE
    160 posts Member
    Options
    Yes you're right
  • Hangfire
    497 posts Member
    Options
    Yes you're right
    Xhowrude wrote: »
    BWSkynobi wrote: »
    You're so awesome and great and wonderful and amazing because you could beat Yoda yesterday. Do you really even need a special reward, you're already better and smarter and more handsomer than everyone else.

Only the pre nerf yoda winners would understand. I'm sorry that you aren't apart of this elite group. Run along with your post nerf yoda and pick flowers for me

Haha, yep
  • EROSIONE
    160 posts Member
    Options
    Yes you're right
    This is actually really funny!
    Events of the last 2 days:

- People do the events and get Yoda
    - People don't try hard enough/ aren't prepared as other, they spend a day complaining instead of trying
    - Their main argument is that it's impossible (but people did it so it was actually not impossible at all)
    - Ea ruin the event making it ridiculously easy, embarrassing
    - The ones that complained and ruined it now try to use the same impossible argument to diminish the value of the people that made what they define impossible
    - EA is silent, and after trying to close pools probably should apologise for all the people that fighted hard for something that then was made easier for loosers that couldn't make it
    - What will the next event be? Directly easy and autoplay? Hard then made stupid easy?
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    No, please I deserved help
    Is it not a reward enough to know in yourself that you beat it in the more rewarding manner?

All this will do is promote envy and sadness.
    {RotE}
  • EROSIONE
    160 posts Member
    Options
    Yes you're right
    bLz wrote: »
    I got him before the nerf, and it took hours of cycling through adds to get Anakin and Bariss. And then it took some serious RNG luck to get a few stuns with Eeth. In response to your thread though I say ...

Are you **** serious? There's people who simply didn't have time yesterday, or only could put in a few tries? You want special stuff because you were able to play for a few hours more? You want special recognition because maybe you precrafted, or have P2W characters etc? Get out.

No one want a buff! People had it easy I am just making noise so they will listen to the feedback! This is how it works!
    (By the way a different colour jacket is not a buff and they could make 2 events: noodle Yoda and hard core Yoda) and everyone could choose the hard path and have a rare jacket Yoda or have the easy way. Yoda will be same power non buffed identical a part colour. No one asking for ptw. Learn to read properly first!
  • EROSIONE
    160 posts Member
    Options
    Yes you're right
    LaLiam wrote: »
    Is it not a reward enough to know in yourself that you beat it in the more rewarding manner?

Envy and sadness seems to be the ea policy since they ruined the achievement and the event. I actually want nothing just to have people waking up. Who called for a nerf and ruined it, and the one who nerfed and ruined it. Wake up
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    EROSIONE wrote: »
    LaLiam wrote: »

Envy and sadness seems to be the ea policy since they ruined the achievement and the event. I actually want nothing just to have people waking up. Who called for a nerf and ruined it, and the one who nerfed and ruined it. Wake up

You should be proud of your 100% RNG win and feel good about yourself that you were able to 'do it'. Otherwise shut the **** up already!

And don't compare arena or GW to this fiasco...yes those are rng somewhat, but you also need skill there. The Yoda even took as much skill as getting Old Daka from bronzium.
  • Options
    You're(plural/people that agree with you) talking like everybody else spent 10 minutes on the chalenge...it was all due to luck, character selection(no barris and/or ashoka no fun) and a small amount of strategy
    How about a special little Yoda trophy with your initials carved on it for this amazing acomplishment?
    get real...
  • Options
    Yes you're right
    Just got my 7* Yoda today with Lumi lead, Qgj, Jc, Mace and Koth.. Feeling pretty special not gonna lie
  • LlwllynZ
    97 posts Member
    Options
    I dont want any special recognition, all i want is my time back i spent on trying to kill him back in the days. We all know time is a precious rescource and the fact that i spent so much time to take it down, while now its a cakewalk, is a bit annoying.

On the serious note, i have never seen a game that is throwing buffs and nerfs around like this..
    This is the real clownfiesta..
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    LlwllynZ wrote: »
    I dont want any special recognition, all i want is my time back i spent on trying to kill him back in the days. We all know time is a precious rescource and the fact that i spent so much time to take it down, while now its a cakewalk, is a bit annoying.

On the serious note, i have never seen a game that is throwing buffs and nerfs around like this..

Funny thing is, after this nerf we fought exactly what you fought before! It was the exact same Yoda doing the exact same damage. It was only easier now due to fortitude + gear 9. Out of curiosity, how much time did you spend when getting Yoda then? I spent 12 hours this time.
  • Options
    Alexone wrote: »

Funny thing is, after this nerf we fought exactly what you fought before!

That's what I keep saying, but some ppl are just so self-entitled ...
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    trashcanus wrote: »

Funny thing is, after this nerf we fought exactly what you fought before!

That's what I keep saying, but some ppl are just so self-entitled ...

No! The logic is you are self entitled and a crybaby because you got your way. Please bow to the irrefutable logic!
  • trashcanus
    66 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Crybaby :'(
    Ok, I have my opinion and you have yours, end.

EDIT : The Yoda event is the same now as it used to be prior to protection added, that is just perfect sense, I am not complaining about it.
  • JenikaCY
    16 posts Member
    Options
    Here's your award, and your special skin.
    john-edward-south-park.jpg
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options

EDIT : The Yoda event is the same now as it used to be prior to protection added, that is just perfect sense, I am not complaining about it.

Read my post again and if you have to, all my posts regarding this subject. I fail at jokes seems.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    I dont want any special recognition, all i want is my time back i spent on trying to kill him back in the days.

I am not aware of EA commercially using time dialation to give you back the time.
    {RotE}
  • trashcanus
    66 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

Read my post again and if you have to, all my posts regarding this subject. I fail at jokes seems.

Haha I read. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

• LlwllynZ
    97 posts Member
    Options

Funny thing is, after this nerf we fought exactly what you fought before! It was the exact same Yoda doing the exact same damage. It was only easier now due to fortitude + gear 9. Out of curiosity, how much time did you spend when getting Yoda then? I spent 12 hours this time.

Ive been doing every day till the event was around for the first time, my team was pretty bad i was lv 65 when yoda turned up for the first time and lv 67 by the time the event ended.
    Got it done last day, with hours of attempts each day. Obviously my team wasnt ideal either, but it was an rng fiestaa anyway.
    Yoda basicly was an rng fiesta, which is not cool.
    It should have never been so hard in the first place. However the grand master event was unchanged up until now, when it was changed in a day..

Its not that i want other to struggle, the nerf was reasonable. Im curious why they had to make everyone struggle before for so long.
  • Options
    Yudoka wrote: »
    We should also recognize people who won at a slot machine. Their strategy of coming along when the rng was perfect deserves recognition.

If you think your strategy and not rng was the major factor in finishing Yoda yesterday, you're fooling yourself.

+1

It takes a lot of "skill" to run away and come back if QGJ and Lumi are flanking Yoda
    Ally code 797-111-992
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    @LlwllynZ Agreed with you. I saw videos from people that got Yoda the first time. The frustration was real and from what i saw it was pure rng back then as well. No idea why they made the event like this, i just hope there won't be anything even remotely similar like this in the future!

Although to be fair, Yoda pre-fortitude was an absolute beast in attack anyways! He had damage as well as utility. He was all over the place and the users that got him in the first event, benefited from that for months. So i think the devs knew what they were doing. Now, he just has his utility, which is good can't really complain, but still...far from what he was!
  • Options
    My only true beef is that it was only doable under the right circumstances (pre-nerf), so you may have to come back a hundred times until it IS right. Well, that's not how a challenge should be, I have a family and a responsible job so I don't really want to have to spend 3 hours of my day just going through a revolving door until I get lucky. That's not a skill challenge at all, that's a lottery
    I DID achieve it eventually (before the nerf) but that doesn't change my opinion
    Ally code 797-111-992
  • Options
    Yes you're right
    We should also recognize people who won at a slot machine. Their strategy of coming along when the rng was perfect deserves recognition.

If you think your strategy and not rng was the major factor in finishing Yoda yesterday, you're fooling yourself.
    Oh well done on you for pushing autoplay!!! Nice strategy... A lot of thinking required and I understand how proud you are for achieving to reach the top left corner of the monitor with your finger!

They nerfed it too much, I agree. But there was no real strategy yesterday either. You either got lucky or kept hitting your head against a wall. Unless you think there was a magic strategy involved in level 70 teams finishing the event?

Yes there were strategy, waiting on things to happen it's called planning, and best adapting to RNG... Trying to create the perfect combination of events it's not random it's planning. I felt so proud when I made it. You'll never feel like that. They spoiled that feeling for your event... U can only feel bored of achieving something anyone anytime can. They ruined your fun. Fun here was the process to get there... You'll never get it back. I so wanted to face Yoda again after I made it!

There was no planning nor adapting. How do you adapt to Yoda killing multiples of your guys in a row? He was too fast and hit for too much. You had to luck into a series of Yoda mishaps. The game isn't deep enough to have won this event through actual strategy. I'm disappointed they couldn't find a balance between the two. Oh well. It's not like Yoda is worth using in arena.

Personally speaking.. I prepared for tier 6 and tier 7 yoda since the last yoda event.. Trust me i did.. I work real hard building at least 7 jedis to be picked for the event and sadly I didnt have barriss (because I didnt know that she's necessary).. But yet i managed to assemble my 5 best jedi for the event which are;

Lumi (Leader), gear 9, rating 7228
    Mace, gear 10, rating 7512
    Qui Gon, gear 9, rating 7100
    Ashoka, gear 9, rating 6291
    Jedi consular, gear 8, rating 5865

Well JC is not the best Jedi for the event.. But, yeah his healing ability is what got me through the pre-nerf yoda..

P/s i am no whale
  • Lokai
    379 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Yes you're right
    So whats peoples beef with folks who obtained yoda before the nerfs getting a little recognition? It's not like it gives us anything mechanical/useful in the game. Just a sort of badge of honor. How is it even a matter of entitlement? simply being recognized for being prepared and determined to obtain yoda when he was a complete punk little troll that stole your lunch money every chance he got is all that is being asked for. I got him among the first wave of people to get the little troll, I wouldn't expect to get any actualy REWARD such as credits, materials or such but a badge of strength would be cool. Other games do just that, they'll recognize players with badges/achievments that are no longer possible due to changes made to the game.
  • Agarwaen
    136 posts Member
    Options
    Yes you're right
    DaKraken wrote: »
    Pink dress yoda for the nerfed version.

Yes!
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options
    Back when level cap was 70 he was a level 80 yoda and it was just as hard back then as it is now.
  • Jayma
    9 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    No, or add a T8 Yoda to let everybody to try to down the level 90 Yoda to get the "special reward".
    I have left the pre-nerf version to 5%, with some more try i think i will have get him anyway this week.
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Loafdawg83 wrote: »
    DaKraken wrote: »
    Pink dress yoda for the nerfed version.

Yeah, with a giant Lollipop instead of a lightsaber.

Pink dress yoda had me laughing hard.. but seriously, if yoda was in a pink dress waving a lollipop, I would snap it up immediately, no questions asked.Just take my money!