Who obtained Yoda in the real hard event deserve a recognition like a special skin

Replies

• ABNRAS
    564 posts Member
    Options
    It is what it is. Get over it. Move on.
  • Options
    No, please I deserved help
    Dunno. I got him before but feel it is OK to make characters more achievable after a while. Let those who don't have Yoda yet farm him while we concentrate now on getting Han. Han shards will be easier one day, and we will be focused on the next challenge. That's the price of staying ahead of the curve!
  • Nobody
    225 posts Member
    Options
    They should bring it back with a twist. You choose 5 Jedi's that the game supplies, not yours. All of us would choose from the same 10-15 Jedi's. We would then all face the same Yoda and sidekicks. Fight it out, get ranked and get prizes
  • Options
    Yudoka wrote: »
    They nerfed it too much, I agree. But there was no real strategy yesterday either. You either got lucky or kept hitting your head against a wall. Unless you think there was a magic strategy involved in level 70 teams finishing the event?

I bet if the event was repeatable, majority of those that finished would not be able to do so a second time.

There were different stratagems based on who his companions were. If you got Bariss the easy thing was to kill the other add, burn her until she heals (twice) by which time Yoda was under half health from equalisation) then nuke him.

Some companions you could ignore and just burn Yoda.

Some you just die or retreat and tried again.

You sound like all teh people claiming there is no strategy against the Rancor when there are strategies for each phase!
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    ^^ Don't compare Rancor to Yoda event. Rancor is strategy full compared to that!
  • aGlint
    54 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    14546f.jpg.
  • aGlint
    54 posts Member
    Options
    Anyone who thinks the yoda fight requires a high degree of strategy or skill, shows how little strategy and skill they must have in gaming.
  • Xeriel
    42 posts Member
    Options
    Yes you're right
    I agree with this post indefinitely.. I waited for months training my Jedi to get to Tier VI.. Like a Rocky montage.. So much grit! I can't do the VII lvl because i need to promote 2 more.. But that is **** that now you guys drop requirement.. Oh well.. I'll get my 7* Yoda in the fall when the event takes another 3 month hiatus..

It's like that Star Wars MMORPG they had.. It was tough to become Jedi. Then they dropped requirements and EVERYONE became Masters.

I'm afraid this is going to happen again :( either everyone will have a 7* Yoda.. Or he's going to get Super-NERF'D..

Makes me a sad panda thinking of it :(

Do the right thing EA!!

With love,

Xeriel Beeblebrox
  • Nobody
    225 posts Member
    Options
    But they did do he right thing.
  • Daenion
    91 posts Member
    Options
    As we speak EA is mailing everybody an also ran certificate. Be sure to make room in your wall of glory
  • Options
    would this theoretical "special" skin also come with an additional skin bearing an asterisk for those who exploited the barris heal bug to take half of yoda's hp? That would be interesting if our intention is to seperate the LEGITIMATE GAMERS from the poor souls who had to settle for a nerf yoda, and the slackers that couldnt complete the challenge by actually attacking yoda to defeat him.
  • Daenion
    91 posts Member
    Options
    LOGIC SNAP! you go gurl.
  • Options
    im a dude, btw. GUYS, IM A DUDE. you can stop sending me PMs with your subtle small talk. its more than a bit creepy.
  • Options
    im still leafing through the first 6 pages, then i'll get to the 5 pages @Daenion sent
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    would this theoretical "special" skin also come with an additional skin bearing an asterisk for those who exploited the barris heal bug to take half of yoda's hp? That would be interesting if our intention is to seperate the LEGITIMATE GAMERS from the poor souls who had to settle for a nerf yoda, and the slackers that couldnt complete the challenge by actually attacking yoda to defeat him.

You know what's even more funny (or sad)? After nerf i used Barriss to get him. Lol.
  • Options
    Only if those who did it last cycle or before get a chance at it. Why would you get something that is not available to every to at least try
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Yes you're right

I fought Yoda with JKG and JC as his allies, no Barriss trick needed. :smile: I beat him on my 5th actual fight against him after refreshing to get Barriss. BUT! I didn't get Barriss so I went with whatever the game gave me and beat pre-nerf Yoda fair and square. I'm sure I'm not the only one that didn't have to use that bug to beat pre-nerf Yoda.

SO what skin should I get? I'm thinking something gold plated or how about I can take Yoda straight to gear 10? Yeah that sounds nice :smile:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • digsmartins
    170 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Wouldn't be better just send a PM to everyone that was whining about with the fragments?
    Better than to change a strategic fight for those who want to have fun and enjoy the game.

If you don't win by the legit way, you are not playing right, simple as that. After all the game its not all about pressing buttons on you device screen.
  • Frommer
    145 posts Member
    Options
    Some of us play for free. I will be able to for the first time take on Yoda tomorrow on for the 7 stars.

Would you like your special Yoda skin to reflect how much youve spent on this game to get him or other characters earlier? You know all that skill you have in dropping your credit card number?
  • Lambi
    473 posts Member
    Options
    I voted no for skin, beat it pre nerf. I feel bad for people who aren't going to get that feeling of beating him properly
  • TemperTantrumRen
    407 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Lambi wrote: »
    I voted no for skin, beat it pre nerf. I feel bad for people who aren't going to get that feeling of beating him properly

Even though luck is a heavy factor, I have that feeling of satisfaction knowing I crushed a Level 90 Yoda.

With that in mind, I understand EA's rationale for making the battle easier and don't have a problem with them making the changes. As for myself, I don't really care for any "compensation" of sorts; I don't feel I have been ripped off in any way.

I still have uses for my 7* Eeth Koth and the other four jedi I farmed are good ones.
    .GG Profile | Got spaces on my ally list.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    They nerfed it too much, I agree. But there was no real strategy yesterday either. You either got lucky or kept hitting your head against a wall. Unless you think there was a magic strategy involved in level 70 teams finishing the event?

I bet if the event was repeatable, majority of those that finished would not be able to do so a second time.

There were different stratagems based on who his companions were. If you got Bariss the easy thing was to kill the other add, burn her until she heals (twice) by which time Yoda was under half health from equalisation) then nuke him.

You sound like all teh people claiming there is no strategy against the Rancor when there are strategies for each phase!

Sorry, but those were not real strategies. The Barriss thing was the most optimal since she hit for least, but even with her, vast majority of the time Yoda went nuts and wiped the whole team. No matter which way you went, you had to get very lucky in Yoda tripping on his shoe laces to win. I've spent hours refreshing and fighting dozens and dozens of Barriss fights to constantly lose when Yoda chained killed 3+ of my guys. Pre-nerf this was just about pure RNG fight. I so wish people could replay it to see how lucky they got the first time around. The Devs even stated as such in their nerf announcement.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options

Sorry, but those were not real strategies. The Barriss thing was the most optimal since she hit for least, but even with her, vast majority of the time Yoda went nuts and wiped the whole team. No matter which way you went, you had to get very lucky in Yoda tripping on his shoe laces to win. I've spent hours refreshing and fighting dozens and dozens of Barriss fights to constantly lose when Yoda chained killed 3+ of my guys. Pre-nerf this was just about pure RNG fight. I so wish people could replay it to see how lucky they got the first time around. The Devs even stated as such in their nerf announcement.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Miller
    103 posts Member
    Options
    Asiimov Yoda Stattrak
  • Galdin_Wan
    589 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

I beat Yoda first try hitting him with basic attacks from QGJ non stop. QGJ was getting as many turns as Yoda because he was gaining TM while taking it from Yoda. That way I could heal with Lumi after Yoda did Masterstroke and not have to worry about him being able to do it again before the effect wore off. This allowed me to utilize three healers for most of the fight, and limit the amount of turns Yoda got.

I let the others kill the adds (Fisto and JC) and then focused on Yoda.

I'm sure if I tried this strategy multiple times I would have been successful a lot more than I wasn't. I'm really tired of people acting like it was impossible without blind luck or acting as if there was nothing you could do other than cross your fingers.

If luck was the only thing that mattered you could have put it on auto and eventually the numbers would have rolled your way.

• Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    Galdin_Wan wrote: »

I beat Yoda first try hitting him with basic attacks from QGJ non stop. QGJ was getting as many turns as Yoda because he was gaining TM while taking it from Yoda. That way I could heal with Lumi after Yoda did Masterstroke and not have to worry about him being able to do it again before the effect wore off. This allowed me to utilize three healers for most of the fight, and limit the amount of turns Yoda got.

I'm sure if I tried this strategy multiple times I would have been successful a lot more than I wasn't. I'm really tired of people acting like it was impossible without blind luck or acting as if there was nothing you could do other than cross your fingers.

If luck was the only thing that mattered you could have put it on auto and eventually the numbers would have rolled your way.

You got insanely lucky with that start. Why? Yoda has incredibly high tenacity meaning that nine out of ten times he should've resist QGJ meter burn. And every time he resists something he gains meter. So if you really did win the fight as described, you should also buy a lotto ticket.
  • Galdin_Wan
    589 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

You got insanely lucky with that start. Why? Yoda has incredibly high tenacity meaning that nine out of ten times he should've resist QGJ meter burn. And every time he resists something he gains meter. So if you really did win the fight as described, you should also buy a lotto ticket.

Yeah, it's not like QGJ has 140% potency or anything. If debuff procs on this game are luck now then everything on the game is luck.

You don't need it to even proc 100%, on most of the turns QGJ either took TM from Yoda or gained it himself, to use another basic quickly. Sometimes I could swear he got both on the same turn. If Yoda is not attacking you two three times in a row the fight was manageable.

The people in my guild were very helpful, I said I was about to fight Yoda and they told me about Yoda stealing Lumi's healing effect. But the one thing that they said most was that his TM was crazy, so that was what I centered my strategy on.

• fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options

Is turn meter removal considered a negative status effect? I thought that was just things that appear in red like ability block, defense down, speed down, etc.
  • Options

I tried this 30-40 times with only about a 20% success rate on TM reduction to Yoda, if that. So if you beat him the first time, yes, you got lucky.

There were a few *very* basic strategies to employ against pre-nerf Yoda, and the rest of the fight is pure luck. This point should really be beyond contestation.
  • Options
    You'll get nothing and like it!