Request from an unhappy player that will never happen: Give us back the omegas we used on fives

Prev13456789
President_Scroob
1802 posts Member
edited May 2016
Since you never warned us that you were going to drastically change how the character worked, and his description clearly states that he gives a double attack if the enemy has speed down...he was working as his description said. You stealth nerfed an ability that I spent precious omegas on, completely changed how it worked, and in turn took away the only thing that made him somewhat viable in arena. I'm seriously ticked about this.

Replies

• Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    Sorry for you.

Welcome.
  • Big_Russ
    98 posts Member
    Options
    He can still do work. Just no double attack on the first apply. Still has a spot on my GW teams. He won a 3v1 against GS Lumi and Poggle earlier
  • Options
    Big_Russ wrote: »
    He can still do work. Just no double attack on the first apply. Still has a spot on my GW teams. He won a 3v1 against GS Lumi and Poggle earlier
    I'm talking about arena. His chance for attack on nearly every turn made him a threat. Now he can be left alone once again
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Missed the point here folks
  • Big_Russ
    98 posts Member
    Options
    I'm talking about arena. His chance for attack on nearly every turn made him a threat. Now he can be left alone once again

I always left him for last in arena. So nothing changes for me. I never dropped him in my arena team. Didn't find him as helpful as a stun or speedy heavy hitter. Guess he could have helped stall timers
  • Daryth
    93 posts Member
    Options
    Are you serious? You can't possibly be serious. I find it impossible to believe that you're serious. Seriously, you want to remove Omegas from the best toon in the game? He's crazy, if this is the only hit with the nerf bat he gets I'll dance a jig. This has so little real effect on him that it's ludicrous. Whine about something worth whining about...
  • epeeist
    98 posts Member
    Options
    The description clearly said it only took effect if attacked an enemy with speed down. Double attacks starting with the first attack was clearly a bug, which has now been fixed.
  • Options
    Also...in many games if the devs make a big change to an ability, they will refund the points that the player spent on that ability. At least thats my experience with some MMOs. this is a huge nerf for fives, one that we were never warned about
  • President_Scroob
    1802 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    epeeist wrote: »
    The description clearly said it only took effect if attacked an enemy with speed down. Double attacks starting with the first attack was clearly a bug, which has now been fixed.

It does not, and it was never "clearly a bug."

Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict speed down for two turns. Attack again if the enemy is inflicted with speed down.

It was working exactly to description before. The way it reads is if speed down is inflicted, he attacks again
  • Big_Russ
    98 posts Member
    Options

It does not:

Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict speed down for two turns. Attack again if the enemy is inflicted with speed down.

It was working exactly to description before

To me that could be read two ways. Idk how it works. Is speed down applied before attack or after attack? That could also reflect in how that statement reads. If it's after then the attacked toon would not have speed down at the time of the initial attack.
  • Options

It does not:

To me that could be read two ways. Idk how it works. Is speed down applied before attack or after attack? That could also reflect in how that statement reads. If it's after then the attacked toon would not have speed down at the time of the initial attack.

its not our fault they left it vague then.
  • Big_Russ
    98 posts Member
    Options

It does not:

its not our fault they left it vague then.

I can't argue with that.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    Screw that, just buff Fives.

So they say the double attack was a bug that was fixed? Well, now that it's fixed, "buff" him back to exactly where he was before and then it's working as intended.
  • Options
    Its no different than when gs had offense up removed prior to shot. It was a fix and nobody went off the rails. This 5s character was broken period. I stated it the other day that you can't have a tank shooting like Leia. EA got it right
  • Eleiem
    334 posts Member
    Options
    I agree he won't be that big of a thread now, by himself. Which means he'll now need the right team to work. If you play him with the right team, he will be as good as he used to.
    I'm running him with Phasma lead and with RG, both of them make speed down, so my fives is still doble attacking all the time.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options
    Regardless the omega event is back. They did not need to do that.
  • President_Scroob
    1802 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Blurryface wrote: »
    Its no different than when gs had offense up removed prior to shot. It was a fix and nobody went off the rails. This 5s character was broken period. I stated it the other day that you can't have a tank shooting like Leia. EA got it right
    Its completely different. Its description implies that there is a chance to gain offense up for three turns. Fives, as I said, has a chance to inflict speed down...but after that it says that he double attacks if speed down is inflicted. A simple addition of the word "already" would have clued us in.

Regardless, hes now on the bench and I've wasted 5 omegas
  • OnJouney
    309 posts Member
    Options
    Wow.. If the enemy is slowed he still do the double hit doesn't he? Just the first attack doesn't. He got so much health. It is a nerf indeed. But not a world crushing problem.. Every time they do something you always complain..
  • Jedi2407
    782 posts Member
    Options

If you are going to claim it was a bug, at least quote the actual description instead of making up your own.
  • President_Scroob
    1802 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Jedi2407 wrote: »

If you are going to claim it was a bug, at least quote the actual description instead of making up your own.

I put it in there, and the description makes it sound like he double attacks if he inflicts speed down. According to the description, he was working. This is a nerf of the highest order for fives whos bread and butter was double counter attacks. The fact that they did this cloak and dagger makes it worse. Give us back our mats if you change an ability this much
  • BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    Options
    The change is hardly drastic, he now does what his description said he did. :|
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    I put an omega on him early. The description looked correct. I either was unable to read or the writer of the desc was unable to write. Doesn't matter anymore.
  • President_Scroob
    1802 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

No he does not. Read it again please

A simple addition of the word "already" in there, and you'd be right. But don't let me get in the way of your defense of CG devs
  • Options

It does not:

This is the main problem. It COULD be read two ways, and for months this very thing was a hot topic on the forums. With something as ambiguous as the choice of words here, the devs chose to ignore it. There were daily posts on the matter and the silence from the devs implied that it was not a bug. Even if you think it was a bug, you have to admit that if an issue is not mentioned for months, and I could be taken either way, it is very strongly implied that the issue is not a bug.
  • Jedi2407
    782 posts Member
    Options

I put it in there, and the description makes it sound like he double attacks if he inflicts speed down

Yep. Determine whether speed down exists at the time it decides whether to attack again. If yes, then attack. If not, the don't. Hence the verb "is inflicted" is in the present tense.
  • President_Scroob
    1802 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

It does not:

This is the main problem. It COULD be read two ways, and for months this very thing was a hot topic on the forums. With something as ambiguous as the choice of words here, the devs chose to ignore it. There were daily posts on the matter and the silence from the devs implied that it was not a bug. Even if you think it was a bug, you have to admit that if an issue is not mentioned for months, and I could be taken either way, it is very strongly implied that the issue is not a bug.

Yep. But they are only too happy to make us waste precious omegas. When you make a drastic change to an ability that is not a bug fix, you should refund the points spent
  • Options

Ignorant post. The description was poorly worded and has been interpreted multiple ways.
  • Options
    Patman6632 wrote: »

Ignorant post. The description was poorly worded and has been interpreted multiple ways.

Yep. This is completely on them, hence my saying they should admit they goofed and refund our points if we omegaed it

• Jedi2407
    782 posts Member
    Options

It does not:

Yep. But they are only too happy to make us waste precious omegas. When you make a drastic change to an ability that is not a bug fix, you should refund the points spent

Not to mention the 5M+ credits I spent starring and leveling him up to get him to 7* THIS WEEK!
  • Options

It does not:

Not to mention the 5M+ credits I spent starring and leveling him up to get him to 7* THIS WEEK!

I starred him because I liked him. I can only imagine how mad people are that starred him for his omega
This discussion has been closed.