The Galactic Empire Players Discussion

Replies

• Options
    The Vader bug also happens against other jedis, lumi, barris, qg, yoda. And without obi lead, not the crazy dodge lead engine.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Ronoaldo wrote: »
    Those videos are making me more and more jealous ... I'm tempted to push my team to arena before leveling them all!

I dropped from a top ten finisher to around number 100 in my Arena but it's worth it to me to have fun and run all Empire
  • Options
    I got a dev response on Vader bugs.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options

Where at?
  • 1AmYourFath3r
    3103 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Nebulous wrote: »

Where at?
    It's not much of a comment but they are looking into the bugs
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/49300/terrifying-swing-bug-video-included#latest
  • Scorn
    411 posts Member
    Options
    GET OFF OU
    Scorn wrote: »
    EWOKS RULE!!! :p

I hope, one day, they let me at your furry little friends. I have a bone to pick with them after today's GW.

If they ever do inter-guild pvp then my furry little friends will be more than happy to face you!
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options

Where at?
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/49300/terrifying-swing-bug-video-included#latest

That's great because it's silly that Jedi will dodge, take the damage and then get their dodge bonus of TM or offense up.

I'm glad they are looking at Vader. I'd like the culling blade to have the can't miss tag. The cd is way too long, it's takes a turn to build up dots just for the blade to wiff. I guess it's a powerful blow so there had to be a down side.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options

Where at?

That's great because it's silly that Jedi will dodge, take the damage and then get their dodge bonus of TM or offense up.

I'm glad they are looking at Vader. I'd like the culling blade to have the can't miss tag. The cd is way too long, it's takes a turn to build up dots just for the blade to wiff. I guess it's a powerful blow so there had to be a down side.

The downside is no more debuffs.
  • Options
    @Aero I agree that you don't really have another slot for Snowtrooper if you're using Tarkin and Veers, especially considering you could slot in Poggle or QGJ as a fifth and get some pretty good offense bonuses instead of Magma if you really wanted to. QGJ especially, since his assist would really kick some tail.

I agree that Tarkin's TM reduction is unreliable, which is really unfortunate considering how powerful it should be in theory. Honestly, the impression I get after watching other players use Magma is that he and Snow are about equal, just different.

However, I disagree that Snow's ability block isn't useful in your build. Obviously it's not as good as Veers' AoE ability block (or even Vader's basic), but given that there are so many instances where ability blocks don't get applied (or not applied to the character you want to have it), an extra ability block is always welcome in my book.

Ability blocks and stuns are a great way to reduce damage (particularly from characters like Rey and QGJ who are big-time meta toons), since they prevent Rey from doing 20k damage in a single ability use, they prevent QGJ from applying offense-up, they prevent assists from being called by various characters, and overall they prevent your opponent from doing all sorts of things. So, having another one on-hand (particularly as part of a basic attack) is definitely a plus in my book.

Especially considering that Empire toons only have 1 stun, though it's a pretty good one from RG, ability blocks are sorely needed in an Empire build.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    Aero wrote: »

Where at?

The only debuff worth much is stun. Hitting for 50% more damage per debuff is killer. Removing them isn't s penalty considering his damage is more than the dot would do anyway. So no, it's not a downside. The dots make the skill.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Regarding QGJ or Poggle as a 5th for offense up, you know I can't do that! But luckily Emperor from cantina missions also gives offense up to everyone.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

Where at?

The only debuff worth much is stun. Hitting for 50% more damage per debuff is killer. Removing them isn't s penalty considering his damage is more than the dot would do anyway. So no, it's not a downside. The dots make the skill.

Except maybe on Rey. Any debuff is a good debuff on her. Speed down helps a good bit on anyone too.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options

Where at?

Except maybe on Rey. Any debuff is a good debuff on her. Speed down helps a good bit on anyone too.

With her ehp, culling blade should kill Rey so shouldn't be an issue really.

I'll agree speed down is a solid debuff. I guess what I'm saying is, if anyone is stripping debuffs on toons who can't be killed before they act again, the skill is being used wrong.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Tagging @M9silent as he might be interested in this discussion thread. Just a hunch.
  • M9silent
    821 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    @Aero Thanks for the tag. Surprised missed this. Interesting reads so far, but I've got 10 pages to catch up on hahahaha. Thanks again :)
    Post edited by M9silent on
  • M9silent
    821 posts Member
    Options
    Oh, and to add to the discussion, we all know how awesome Vader is. On of my guild mates uses him on an 88 lead dot team and just wrecks the enemy. Top 3 every day in arena. Vader just does such nasty damage with that culling blade. Obviously this is an all Empire team thread, but still, Vader rules. My guild mate has him lvl 80, g10 and 6*. He's super tanky and judt plain wrecks
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    M9silent wrote: »
    Oh, and to add to the discussion, we all know how awesome Vader is. On of my guild mates uses him on an 88 lead dot team and just wrecks the enemy. Top 3 every day in arena. Vader just does such nasty damage with that culling blade. Obviously this is an all Empire team thread, but still, Vader rules. My guild mate has him lvl 80, g10 and 6*. He's super tanky and judt plain wrecks

May I ask who your guildmate uses in the team? I plan to do the same. My Vader is also g10 6*. My 88 is max gear and will be 7* after pvp points tomorrow.

I think Vader can work right now with the amount of obi, anakin and qgj that are in the top arena squads.

And welcome to the thread. We are passionate about the Empire. We get into some pretty good discussions.
  • Igor08
    221 posts Member
    Options
    Can someone please reassure me that Snowtrooper gets better? I have him at 7* G8 and he is a complete waste of space.
  • M9silent
    821 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    @Nebulous 88 L, Vader, Phasma, Rey, and RG. He also tried Tarkin, but didn't end up sticking with him. He also uses QGJ if there are 2 taunts on the team. I believe QGJ instead of Phasma in that instance. He might use QGJ more than I think, just because QGJ is awesome, and I don't know every match he makes.

It's an early December shard, and from what he's says and he's shown us, Vader is really good. With 88 leader ability, there are a ton of dots and debuffs floating around on the enemy team. Vader culling blade can pretty much kill someone in one go at that point. It's pretty cool.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    @Nebulous 88 L, Vader, Phasma, Rey, and RG. He also tried Tarkin, but didn't end up sticking with him. He also uses QGJ if there are 2 taunts on the team. I believe QGJ instead of Phasma in that instance. He might use QGJ more than I think, just because QGJ is awesome, and I don't know every match he makes.

It's an early December shard, and from what he's says and he's shown us, Vader is really good. With 88 leader ability, there are a ton of dots and debuffs floating around on the enemy team. Vader culling blade can pretty much kill someone in one go at that point. It's pretty cool.

I'm on a December shard too. My idea was very similar: 88, Vader, phasma, rg and floating 5th.

I currently use Rey and qgj but wanted to move away from them. Probably won't be able to though.
  • M9silent
    821 posts Member
    Options

I'm on a December shard too. My idea was very similar: 88, Vader, phasma, rg and floating 5th.

I currently use Rey and qgj but wanted to move away from them. Probably won't be able to though.

Yeah, Rey and QGJ are just too good. You could use some one like B2 if you have him (lots of turns and plenty of debuffs with buff immunity and evasion down. Plus evasion down helps against dodging ) if you have him, to help set up Vader. But I know he is a p2p guy that most dont have or use. Would fill QGJ debuffing role as well as add more debuffs for Vader to wreck with. Of course you lose the OU and the assist. Of course 2 extra debuffs is worth more than an OU. I don't know for sure though.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options

Yeah, Rey and QGJ are just too good. You could use some one like B2 if you have him (lots of turns and plenty of debuffs with buff immunity and evasion down. Plus evasion down helps against dodging ) if you have him, to help set up Vader. But I know he is a p2p guy that most dont have or use. Would fill QGJ debuffing role as well as add more debuffs for Vader to wreck with. Of course you lose the OU and the assist. Of course 2 extra debuffs is worth more than an OU. I don't know for sure though.

Ya it will probably be qgj since there are so many taunts. With Dengar as the long term plan. Well super long term plan is full empire whenever ea gives us a great lead skill and 1 more great empire toon.

• 1AmYourFath3r
    3103 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

Ya it will probably be qgj since there are so many taunts. With Dengar as the long term plan. Well super long term plan is full empire whenever ea gives us a great lead skill and 1 more great empire toon.

I'm seeing a lot more Rex and JKA on our shard...i know I'll never be able to compete with them with what I have, and no way I'm going to compromise my roster to get top t10. If you want to be t10, there's no way you can get rid of Rey.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Igor08 wrote: »
    Can someone please reassure me that Snowtrooper gets better? I have him at 7* G8 and he is a complete waste of space.

Mine is exactly where yours is at and I share your sentiments. I'm be taking him to gear 10 eventually but other Empire characters have priority.
  • Options
    Bringing @Lisker to the discussion
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    So I just made a list of all the gear I need to max out every Empire character before the next cap increase.

Farmable Gear
    8 Stun Cuffs
    3 Thermal Detonator
    3 Stun Guns
    1 Chedak Com link
    Total: 15

Raid Gear
    7 Security Scanners
    3 Droid Callers
    3 Nubian Design Tech
    Total: 13

Can't reliably predict how long the raid gear will take, but for the farmable gear it's about 5 days per item. So 75 days, aka mid September.

• Options
    So I just made a list of all the gear I need to max out every Empire character before the next cap increase.

Farmable Gear
    8 Stun Cuffs
    3 Thermal Detonator
    3 Stun Guns
    1 Chedak Com link

Raid Gear
    7 Security Scanners
    3 Droid Callers
    3 Nubian Design Tech

Can't reliably predict how long the raid gear will take, but for the farmable gear it's about 5 days per item. So 75 days, aka mid September.

Dayuuuum. I've had to resort to buying farmable gear, and of course raid gear. I got lucky with the last raid tho.
  • Options

Farmable Gear
    8 Stun Cuffs
    3 Thermal Detonator
    3 Stun Guns
    1 Chedak Com link

Raid Gear
    7 Security Scanners
    3 Droid Callers
    3 Nubian Design Tech

I'll probably finish them fall-ish
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

Farmable Gear
    8 Stun Cuffs
    3 Thermal Detonator
    3 Stun Guns
    1 Chedak Com link

Raid Gear
    7 Security Scanners
    3 Droid Callers
    3 Nubian Design Tech

Dayuuuum. I've had to resort to buying farmable gear, and of course raid gear. I got lucky with the last raid tho.

I bought a few, but at $10 a pop that's $280, no thanks.

Stun cuffs tempt me the most, but I resist. Additionally, I could probably ignore Stormtrooper and Snowtrooper until I get the others maxed (or until you near me to it and show me the light). Plus new Empire characters likely inbound.
  • Options

Farmable Gear
    8 Stun Cuffs
    3 Thermal Detonator
    3 Stun Guns
    1 Chedak Com link

Raid Gear
    7 Security Scanners
    3 Droid Callers
    3 Nubian Design Tech

I bought a few, but at $10 a pop that's $280, no thanks.

Stun cuffs tempt me the most, but I resist. Additionally, I could probably ignore Stormtrooper and Snowtrooper until I get the others maxed (or until you near me to it and show me the light). Plus new Empire characters likely inbound.

Gear 9 is probably the max I could get them to until it starts raining gear :P
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me