The Galactic Empire Players Discussion

Replies

• Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Aero wrote: »
    So I just made a list of all the gear I need to max out every Empire character before the next cap increase.

Farmable Gear
    8 Stun Cuffs
    3 Thermal Detonator
    3 Stun Guns
    1 Chedak Com link
    Total: 15

Raid Gear
    7 Security Scanners
    3 Droid Callers
    3 Nubian Design Tech
    Total: 13

Can't reliably predict how long the raid gear will take, but for the farmable gear it's about 5 days per item. So 75 days, aka mid September.

Dayuuuum. I've had to resort to buying farmable gear, and of course raid gear. I got lucky with the last raid tho.

I bought a few, but at $10 a pop that's $280, no thanks.

Stun cuffs tempt me the most, but I resist. Additionally, I could probably ignore Stormtrooper and Snowtrooper until I get the others maxed (or until you near me to it and show me the light). Plus new Empire characters likely inbound.

Gear 9 is probably the max I could get them to until it starts raining gear :P

To be fair also, most of this gear is after gear 10, so just prep for future gear levels. I have all but RG at least at gear 9,and RG only needs a droid caller.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    Nebulous wrote: »
    M9silent wrote: »
    @Nebulous 88 L, Vader, Phasma, Rey, and RG. He also tried Tarkin, but didn't end up sticking with him. He also uses QGJ if there are 2 taunts on the team. I believe QGJ instead of Phasma in that instance. He might use QGJ more than I think, just because QGJ is awesome, and I don't know every match he makes.

It's an early December shard, and from what he's says and he's shown us, Vader is really good. With 88 leader ability, there are a ton of dots and debuffs floating around on the enemy team. Vader culling blade can pretty much kill someone in one go at that point. It's pretty cool.

I'm on a December shard too. My idea was very similar: 88, Vader, phasma, rg and floating 5th.

I currently use Rey and qgj but wanted to move away from them. Probably won't be able to though.

Yeah, Rey and QGJ are just too good. You could use some one like B2 if you have him (lots of turns and plenty of debuffs with buff immunity and evasion down. Plus evasion down helps against dodging ) if you have him, to help set up Vader. But I know he is a p2p guy that most dont have or use. Would fill QGJ debuffing role as well as add more debuffs for Vader to wreck with. Of course you lose the OU and the assist. Of course 2 extra debuffs is worth more than an OU. I don't know for sure though.

Ya it will probably be qgj since there are so many taunts. With Dengar as the long term plan. Well super long term plan is full empire whenever ea gives us a great lead skill and 1 more great empire toon.

I'm seeing a lot more Rex and JKA on our shard...i know I'll never be able to compete with them with what I have, and no way I'm going to compromise my roster to get top t10. If you want to be t10, there's no way you can get rid of Rey.

Well, JKA is awful on defense. So he will fade away cuz the dodge guys will just sub in dooku over obi if they have too.

I currently use Rey, but on defense she can be bad. She often attacks my Rey whom already has foresight. But she is great on offense. So, I'll see today, I hope. I get my 88 to 7* today and I will rearrange my team. See if I can stay in the top of our arena shard.
  • 1AmYourFath3r
    3103 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    @Nebulous 88 L, Vader, Phasma, Rey, and RG. He also tried Tarkin, but didn't end up sticking with him. He also uses QGJ if there are 2 taunts on the team. I believe QGJ instead of Phasma in that instance. He might use QGJ more than I think, just because QGJ is awesome, and I don't know every match he makes.

It's an early December shard, and from what he's says and he's shown us, Vader is really good. With 88 leader ability, there are a ton of dots and debuffs floating around on the enemy team. Vader culling blade can pretty much kill someone in one go at that point. It's pretty cool.

I'm on a December shard too. My idea was very similar: 88, Vader, phasma, rg and floating 5th.

I currently use Rey and qgj but wanted to move away from them. Probably won't be able to though.

Yeah, Rey and QGJ are just too good. You could use some one like B2 if you have him (lots of turns and plenty of debuffs with buff immunity and evasion down. Plus evasion down helps against dodging ) if you have him, to help set up Vader. But I know he is a p2p guy that most dont have or use. Would fill QGJ debuffing role as well as add more debuffs for Vader to wreck with. Of course you lose the OU and the assist. Of course 2 extra debuffs is worth more than an OU. I don't know for sure though.

Ya it will probably be qgj since there are so many taunts. With Dengar as the long term plan. Well super long term plan is full empire whenever ea gives us a great lead skill and 1 more great empire toon.

I'm seeing a lot more Rex and JKA on our shard...i know I'll never be able to compete with them with what I have, and no way I'm going to compromise my roster to get top t10. If you want to be t10, there's no way you can get rid of Rey.

Well, JKA is awful on defense. So he will fade away cuz the dodge guys will just sub in dooku over obi if they have too.

I currently use Rey, but on defense she can be bad. She often attacks my Rey whom already has foresight. But she is great on offense. So, I'll see today, I hope. I get my 88 to 7* today and I will rearrange my team. See if I can stay in the top of our arena shard.

I ended up rearranging my team for a few days. Going to make a run for t10 and throw in the Empire. I know a lot of people really want to see it, and it might end up persuading them to rework them. Feel free to beat on them if you see them lol. Yes yes I know I said I wouldn't comprise, but I'm just so curious.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    My goodness, I just got trapped in a Wookiepdia rabbit hole because I wanted to change my pic to Veers as I clubs be the only one with a gear 10 version. Not only is Veers life so detailed, but also his son with the silly name Zevulon Veers (fun fact, General Veers first name is Maximilian)

And then a lot of random articles into the trap about various battles and calendar systems
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options

I ended up rearranging my team for a few days. Going to make a run for t10 and throw in the Empire. I know a lot of people really want to see it, and it might end up persuading them to rework them. Feel free to beat on them if you see them lol. Yes yes I know I said I wouldn't comprise, but I'm just so curious.

I won't need to battle you. I like to beat up on obi teams.

I say make the run and see if you change hold there with empire. A problem with climbing is there is a greater amount of people who can attack you as they move down. It bottlenecks at the top.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options

I say make the run and see if you change hold there with empire. A problem with climbing is there is a greater amount of people who can attack you as they move down. It bottlenecks at the top.

My shard in particular got really crazy recently. It's from week 1 which could explain things, but before I did empire in Arena a month ago I would hold #1 every day I had the payout hour free and I'd always see the same guys in the top 10. Now I see those guys as far back as the 80s with the same meta team of gear 9/10 Dooku/Ben, Rey, QGJ, GS, RG.

It's vicious.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options

My shard in particular got really crazy recently. It's from week 1 which could explain things, but before I did empire in Arena a month ago I would hold #1 every day I had the payout hour free and I'd always see the same guys in the top 10. Now I see those guys as far back as the 80s with the same meta team of gear 9/10 Dooku/Ben, Rey, QGJ, GS, RG.

It's vicious.

Our shard has slowly moved away from obi/dooku. There are only 7 in the top 30 now as opposed to almost everyone. I know it's hard to break into the top because they form groups to help each other and push other's away.

We have mostly phasma now, including me, a few Rex, anakin, ackbar, and hk47.

What does your shard look like?
  • Options

It's vicious.

Our shard has slowly moved away from obi/dooku. There are only 7 in the top 30 now as opposed to almost everyone. I know it's hard to break into the top because they form groups to help each other and push other's away.

We have mostly phasma now, including me, a few Rex, anakin, ackbar, and hk47.

What does your shard look like?

Mine is 95 percent obi, with 1 droid and 1 phasma (being in 200+ is much more fun)
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Lisker
    69 posts Member
    Options
    Mine is very similar with obi wan phasma and quigon. Then with rex and dooku sprinkled in. Seems all the droid teams switched with hardly any left in top 100. Also I'm so so close to g10 Veers, so I'll join your fan club Aero soon!
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Lisker wrote: »
    Mine is very similar with obi wan phasma and quigon. Then with rex and dooku sprinkled in. Seems all the droid teams switched with hardly any left in top 100. Also I'm so so close to g10 Veers, so I'll join your fan club Aero soon!

Woo! I won't be alone! Initiate rule of 2,there shall only ever be 2 gear 10 Veers in SWGOH. No more, no less.

I think @1AmYourFath3r is working on Veers? Idk, seems like most here ignore him.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    My veers is g8. I'll get there slowly.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    My top 20 is
    9 Old Ben
    8 Dooku
    1 Qui Gon
    1 Rex
    1 HK-47
  • Options

Woo! I won't be alone! Initiate rule of 2,there shall only ever be 2 gear 10 Veers in SWGOH. No more, no less.

I think @1AmYourFath3r is working on Veers? Idk, seems like most here ignore him.

I have him at G7 right now 108/65. Slowly but surely I'll get there.
  • M9silent
    821 posts Member
    Options
    I'm really hoping they add Emperor Palpatine to the game. Another Yoda like event to acquire him, and not hidden behind a raid gate where 80% of the players won't ever unlock him, and another 15% won't ever get him to a usable star level.

I'd also like to see a Scout trooper as well. Hands down, my favorite Imperial trooper.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    I'm really hoping they add Emperor Palpatine to the game. Another Yoda like event to acquire him, and not hidden behind a raid gate where 80% of the players won't ever unlock him, and another 15% won't ever get him to a usable star level.

I'd also like to see a Scout trooper as well. Hands down, my favorite Imperial trooper.

I trust they will make the Emperor as some sort of achievement. Honestly I think raid is most likely, forget all the people who maxed out every empire character!

Scout Trooper I can see as aurodium. There is no premium empire character atm.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    vynn wrote: »

Someone has an Empire team in the top 10 somewhere. Nice!

Also my General Veers and that guys General Veers are the only 2 in the top 100.
  • Options

I trust they will make the Emperor as some sort of achievement. Honestly I think raid is most likely, forget all the people who maxed out every empire character!

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/50899/new-empire-characters/p1?new=1
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • M9silent
    821 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

I really hope that they dont lock anymore heroes behind the raid gates. Han Solo is bad enough. My guild does t7 every raid. Most of us aren't close to unlocking him (I'm about 30-40%) and a few are close. Most will never get him to 6* or 7* to be useful. How long will this raid remain as the only one? How long will everyone continue, or even want to, run this raid once they release a better one? How about the new players? When will they ever unlock Han Solo?

No, making more heroes, especially the biggest names such Emperor Palpatine or Jedi Luke, locked behind a raid gate, is just a terrible idea. I hope they never do that again. The point it to collect heroes, especially the big names. Not to never own them because no one does a specific raid, and if they do it takes ages to acquire.

As for Scout trooper, I could see him as an aurodium hero. And a powerful one as well. Sniper shot ability for big damage. Good speed. I'd buy him :)
  • Lisker
    69 posts Member
    Options
    That meta report made my day seeing how I'm part of a select few to have an empire team in top 100. Looks like @Aero was right about us being the only 2 Veers no more no less! Imade my mind up if they released a P2W empire character such as the Emperor or a trooper I would break my wallet out.
  • Options
    I'm one of two running Stormtrooper. Nice to see there's someone else
  • Lisker
    69 posts Member
    Options
    Sweet, even with the low amount of Empire teams used in arena, we still are varied and not cookie cutter one build only like the norm!
  • Options
    @Nebulous is your in-game name H8ter?
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    No it's not. It's: ìN Jade
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    @Lisker are you the guy in top 10 running Empire?!?! If not, did you sync your account to swgoh.gg?

I sort of wish they had general statistics just to see how many synced users have say a gear 10 Veers.

I want to use Stormtrooper more, maybe at gear 10.
  • Lisker
    69 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    @Aero I just now synced, also I'm not in the top 10.I didn't know I had to do that to be included in the meta report! So I'm guessing this means there are 3 Veer users now?
  • Options
    @Aero I just now synced, I didn't know I had to do that to be included in the meta report! So I'm quessing this means there are 3 Veer users now?

Our numbers are growing!
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Lisker
    69 posts Member
    Options
    Here's my Profile link that has my ally code if anyone wants to add me in game. https://swgoh.gg/u/lisker/
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Here's my Profile link that has my ally code if anyone wants to add me in game. https://swgoh.gg/u/lisker/

I noticed you're in a one man guild. Do you need a guild?
  • Options
    @Lisker

https://swgoh.gg/u/1amyourfath3r/

I changed my arena team recently to get to T10 then throw my Empire team in (people have been asking to see how well they do) , but usually run:
    Tarkin
    RG
    Magma
    Storm
    Vader