The Galactic Empire Players Discussion

Replies

• Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    Options
    Lisker wrote: »
    Sweet, how much of a difference is gear 8 to gear 9 for RG @Aero ?

The major boost comes when you fill out his scanner in g9 - then his stun becomes more reliable - other than that, g8 -> g9 is just a boost in protection and health.

I can confirm that boost. He stun and apply speed down more often. Farming the remaining gear to upgrade to G10, then I'll report the results. A friend already have that, and around 50k of combined health and protection makes a good difference!
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • Options
    Aero wrote: »

I am too. But from what I see, for the most part, it's just poor strategy - HK leads seem to be finishing it.
  • Options
    Ronoaldo wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p_P6Tmp0CE

You're not alone!

Watched your videos before I was able to attempt the event, helped a bit in strategy and I won tiear 1 in the first attempt. I'm recording mine as well; liked a lot of Snowtrooper in my team. His unique proced in the right time.

I'm also progressing great with my empire build. I promoted Tarkin to Gear 10 after a long, long stun cuff farm. It is another character after that upgrade, since we put 30% more potency. Also, TM removal from Magma and Tarkin are reasonably good.

I was able to finish 9 nodes in GW yesterday with that team alone, only sub'ed Magma with Stormtrooper at node ~7, then back with Magma for node 8 and 12. Won nodes 1-8, including a lvl 80 Qui-Gon-lead, Rey, Royal, Phasma and Luninara build with gear 9/10. And I passed by that node with some protection left. The nodes 9, 10, 11 were tought, with some Phasma-lead and dodge teams with G10 Rey, so I used some help from my own Rey to pass. The final node was a crazy easy one, and Empire stricked back to complete the war. It was such a great achievement.

I appreciate snow in this event - offense up may have saved me multiple times!
  • Options
    I was finally able to level out my Empire Arena team! Even though they weren't far off, I think having all 80's will deter people from attacking them - especially when I get two more to G10
  • Options
    Congratulations to all of us who were able to defeat those furry little pests with our Empire squads! Many said we couldn't do it, and still say it's impossible, but we showed them!
  • Batman44gaming
    1826 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Congratulations to all of us who were able to defeat those furry little pests with our Empire squads! Many said we couldn't do it, and still say it's impossible, but we showed them!

My guys aren't quite ready yet. I made it to 5, but that is about as far as I can make it level 65 gear 7s
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Lisker
    69 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I am happy to report I CRUSHED those pathetic teddy bears using only the mighty Empire. I am really surprised that I didn't fail once or even had to use the Defend move option. It's really paid off since I wasn't able to do previous events because I didn't have Rebels or scoundrels.

New Update: I just got enough guild credits to finish off my G10 Veers! Happy to join your ranks @Aero
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    I like this event. Empire performs well in it.

@Aero and ya. This would have been a solid way to introduce scout trooper.
  • Options
    My empire team has not quite beat it yet. I get to the last phase and the elder keep spawning the team back. At first, I felt bad about hearing the ewok's scream as I killed them. Now, I take joy in hearing them cry as I rip through them.
  • Options
    Mylozen wrote: »
    My empire team has not quite beat it yet. I get to the last phase and the elder keep spawning the team back. At first, I felt bad about hearing the ewok's scream as I killed them. Now, I take joy in hearing them cry as I rip through them.

I legit laughed out loud the first time all five fell at once. I think YouTube cut out all audio though, because I had some copyright issues.
  • Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    Options

I legit laughed out loud the first time all five fell at once. I think YouTube cut out all audio though, because I had some copyright issues.

I laughed every time as well!

Tip for YouTube: if you turn off music, but keep the sound fx, they should not block by copyright, and we could all hear your laughs :D. The sound tracks of the game are all detected by YouTube filters. Also, did you posted your videos on YouTube?
  • 1AmYourFath3r
    3103 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

Tip for YouTube: if you turn off music, but keep the sound fx, they should not block by copyright, and we could all hear your laughs :D. The sound tracks of the game are all detected by YouTube filters. Also, did you posted your videos on YouTube?

Yeah, I was playing some Tribe called quest and Kanye. It was Kanye that had the problem with me using his music lol. ATQC just wanted any money from me if I made any.

Tier I

[url] https://youtu.be/B9S9_mOq2OU[/url]

Tier II

[url] https://youtu.be/eLbMnECf9Fo[/url]
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options

I think he was playing out of game music. My videos have the in game music and no issues.

Also think you can just put a simple disclaimer in your description and be fine.
  • Options
    I just watched the first tier video. When I fight the ewok elder, every turn he is reviving someone. He never does his basic attack so I am constantly killing the people he revived. I will kill them, even if I have to blow all of my credits and training droids to do it.
  • Options

I think he was playing out of game music. My videos have the in game music and no issues.

Also think you can just put a simple disclaimer in your description and be fine.

Ooo, that would be nice! Maybe I'll look into that.
  • Options
    Just to add, beat tier 1 with tarkin L, Vader, rg, magma, snow. For the Empire!
  • Options
    Hey guys!

@1AmYourFath3r told me to come over here and join you. I made a video on the new Assault Battle event showing off my maxed out Empire team. I got Tarkin, Vader, Magmatrooper, and RG some of the raid gear so I can get them to their max gear level. I even almost got Vader to 6 stars.

Even with all the gear improvements they definitely need some work I think. Hopefully they will get some loving soon. Let me know what you think!

https://youtu.be/f20WyzAlLgU
  • Options
    Hey guys!

@1AmYourFath3r told me to come over here and join you. I made a video on the new Assault Battle event showing off my maxed out Empire team. I got Tarkin, Vader, Magmatrooper, and RG some of the raid gear so I can get them to their max gear level. I even almost got Vader to 6 stars.

Even with all the gear improvements they definitely need some work I think. Hopefully they will get some loving soon. Let me know what you think!

https://youtu.be/f20WyzAlLgU

Magma and Snow were my two favorites in the event - snow was in a constant state of O-up, and magma just destroyed turn meter...and the scouts. They do need work. I think this event is a good showcase for them especially when people continue to deny that Empire players can finish this event lol.
  • EwokJedi1
    131 posts Member
    Options
    Anyone else feel a bit cheated that this is the Empire event, after all the work put into these toons its just easier to use droids. A free event is a free event, but the empire really gets no love.
  • Options
    EwokJedi1 wrote: »
    Anyone else feel a bit cheated that this is the Empire event, after all the work put into these toons its just easier to use droids. A free event is a free event, but the empire really gets no love.

They'll have another. Remember, we're still missing the Emperor and other needed Empire characters.
  • Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    Options

Indeed! I usually get copyright claims on my videos with music on...
  • Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    Options
    Jealous of you guys with a geared Magma :-/ it is quite hard to put some potency on this guy...
  • Options
    Jealous of you guys with a geared Magma :-/ it is quite hard to put some potency on this guy...

But when you do, man is he good! If I had a better TM team, I'd consider using him in T7-P1. I played around with him the other day, and TMR was working all the time against guards and Captain. Tomorrow I'll use him in P2. Maybe once I get Teebo and QGJ to where they need to be, I'll try them out with Phasma and FOTP in P1.

If your interested in his stats at max gear just let me know and I'll post some screen shots
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options

Absolutely feel cheated, but when Vader gets to 7 star and Emperor is released we will have the coolest looking teams in town!

12 stun cuff salvage to gear 10! I feel like I've been working on him for ages!
  • Options

Empire lovers go 100% Empire just for the satisfaction. Almost every other build is better.
  • Options

Empire lovers go 100% Empire just for the satisfaction. Almost every other build is better.

I wish I could do that. But all my regular stormtroopers are too weak. (MT and both STs)
  • Options
    Hey guys I made some changes to my Storm trooper commander thread based on feedback and a new idea I had
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    One thing I'm not found of particularly is that it's a lot of 50% or less chances for things to happen. So much RNG.
  • Options
    So without RG the empire may not be as good.
    My RG is 53 G7 5*
    I cannot defeat the last 2 guys on level 8 in tier 2 of Ewoks.

80 G10 7* Tarkin
    75 G9 5* Vader
    74 G9 7* Snowtrooper
    75 G8 7* Magma
    73 G8 6* Stormtrooper

If I farm my butt off I can have Stormtrooper(38 Stun Guns) to G9 OR Vader(34 detonators) to G10 by end of the week.

My first thought was to get Vader to 78 to Omega force crush for slow.
    Then Gear up Storm or Vader
    Continue to boots levels with all cash available.

But Holy buckets, Stormtrooper literally has no protection and no Health. For a tank is is weak. I can't imaging taking him to 80 will change much of that.

I seem to have better success targeting the Elder first, and Chirpa second, but Elder and his never ending string of revives is brutal. I focus on all adds first as they hit really really hard as compared to the bosses. So there are times where 3 turn cycles go and I am only taking down adds.

Any suggestions?

The only other option I have is to farm 86 to Gear 8 and bump him from 54 to 70s. But his health is even lower than stormtrooper.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    I tried the event without RG and was surprised how much harder it was. He's pretty pivotal.

I have all Empire characters and Stormtrooper doesn't make my A team. On top of that he doesn't have an AOE so wouldn't help as much in this event.

Definitely omega force crush though, that's a really good one!