Empire event ** Megathread**

Replies

• Options
    But the credits!!! I was just coming to post how awesome the event was. I've mentioned before I'm a sardine, at best, just like to "tip" every once in a while, and I had a roster of AA, HRS, STH, 5s, and Lando. It's not just for the rich and I'm digging the rewards. Thanks a bunch!
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    TheScribs wrote: »
    We didn't really have that much time to prepare...

Unless someone had a geared up rebel team already it would take at least a month while ignoring more important toons. I thought maybe they'd make it doable like the omega events. No desire for a rebel team so I'm out of this one for good.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    Blurryface wrote: »
    I have other priority characters to work on. Maybe in a year I'll be ready for this one.

Well it was a conscious decision then. We had time to prepare. And if you're ready to quit the game why even bother about where you'll be a year from now.

We did? Weren't the details released just a few days ago? That's not exactly any meaningful amount of time to do much of anything in this game unless you were only a smidgen away from the requirements.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • bleeaauuh
    1006 posts Member
    Options
    The event is aimed at whales, that was the intention
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    I'm f2p, just finished it. Rewards are decent. 1 million credits, 5 shards for each empire characters. And some single gear. And you can run it 3 times!

You must have had a love for these characters to have focused on them. Most are under-powered and uninteresting to have gone out of your way for them over all the other much higher tier guys.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    Ackbar(L),Han,Hrs,Biggs,Luke.

Dont need to spend anything.
    {RotE}
  • StarSon
    7460 posts Member
    Options
    False. I just beat it with free toons. AA, STH, Biggs, Lando, HrSc
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    LaLiam wrote: »
    Ackbar(L),Han,Hrs,Biggs,Luke.

Dont need to spend anything.

True. But you needed to have had the foresight to have picked those characters to obtain over most of the others in their respective shops. Han is really the only guy on that list that was worth pushing to the front of anyone else.
  • Options
    Fives and clone sarge carry me to phase 5 or 6, but there's no way I can beat it
  • Options
    Yeah that first go really pays out. I'm very happy with it.

I'll admit though that using a Max omega Lando felt like cheating. I went twice through and Vader or Emp never got an attack off.
  • Options
    It is possible to get the things done with a f2p account, but those who have the toons now, can do 3 attacks daily, while others get NOTHING! That's ****. Tier1? Why not making like...Challenges where you have different sets of difficulties?
  • Options
    Yeah. I have 20 7* g9 at least characters but didn't focus on rebels or clones. Sucks to be me right? This us the first challenge I actually think I'd like. Jedi, nightsister, droid and scoundrel teams with first order and walks thrown in. That's where I'm at. Have fun spending all your credits. So jealous lol
    | ☮ Scoundrel ☮ | 635-571-985 "Never tell me the odds." BHG Wakanda Forever
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options
    Yudoka wrote: »
    I'm f2p, just finished it. Rewards are decent. 1 million credits, 5 shards for each empire characters. And some single gear. And you can run it 3 times!

You must have had a love for these characters to have focused on them. Most are under-powered and uninteresting to have gone out of your way for them over all the other much higher tier guys.

So were half of the Jedi people had to farm to get yoda. So what? If you really want to do the event then be patient and farm them slowly or just don't do it. It really isn't anything to complain about. I have to build a team from scratch to do it and it will take maybe 2 months but I'll do it because I want the Vader shards. when yoda first came around most people only had 2 or 3 Jedi and they were patient and waited. It's the same thing here. Just wait or don't do it but there's nothing to complain about, there's nothing wrong with the event.
  • Jazz66
    212 posts Member
    Options
    I guess it's luck as to where your focus was and which squads you were developing. I have two viable characters (in terms of they are likely to be able to make it to the end). I have all the shards for about 5 more characters, but it would cost me about 30 million credits to star and level them all up. With the week's notice we had, there's no way I can do that in time. Just have to hope it comes around again another time as it looks like pretty decent rewards.
    Sith Yoda: mandryk.artstation.com
  • Options

I admit I did this on an alt account. Been farming the not so meta guys, so got lucky. Did it with ackbar, st han, luke, fives and hrs. Gonna try later with my main
  • Mik
    14 posts Member
    Options
    Jazz66 wrote: »
    I guess it's luck as to where your focus was and which squads you were developing. I have two viable characters (in terms of they are likely to be able to make it to the end). I have all the shards for about 5 more characters, but it would cost me about 30 million credits to star and level them all up. With the week's notice we had, there's no way I can do that in time. Just have to hope it comes around again another time as it looks like pretty decent rewards.

+1
  • Smite
    259 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    jackstraw wrote: »
    and the whales get fatter

Believe me, the whale don't need anything of this. 1m is ok, but you'll get it only on the first try.

So you can stop this whale bashing and instead enjoy the game.
  • Options
    DV_27 wrote: »

So were half of the Jedi people had to farm to get yoda. So what? If you really want to do the event then be patient and farm them slowly or just don't do it. It really isn't anything to complain about. I have to build a team from scratch to do it and it will take maybe 2 months but I'll do it because I want the Vader shards. when yoda first came around most people only had 2 or 3 Jedi and they were patient and waited. It's the same thing here. Just wait or don't do it but there's nothing to complain about, there's nothing wrong with the event.

Agreed. Just wish I'd gone rebel instead of night sister lol
    | ☮ Scoundrel ☮ | 635-571-985 "Never tell me the odds." BHG Wakanda Forever
  • Options
    Just another example of EA not giving a sh@t about the majority. Instead of fixing any of the issues they created, they wasted their time with a whale event. Thanks for nothing EA.....again.
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options

I knew an empire event was coming so farmed empire toons thinking that's what we needed but instead it's rebels. But anyway I'll get my rebel team eventually. It's a decent team to build anyway so I don't mind at all. Better than an empire team would have been
  • Smite
    259 posts Member
    Options
    When will the second tier be accessible?
  • Smite
    259 posts Member
    Options
    Please make more tiers available...
  • Mik
    14 posts Member
    Options

There will be a night sister one at some point so you'll have the last laugh then.
  • Options
    How long with the event last for
  • Options
    Another impossible event for 80-90% of f2p players. Surprise surprise... I'm just going to start ignoring Events from now on.
  • Options
    Fives almost solo carried me through Tier 1. If it comes back maybe I'll care/worry about it in a few months. Not really interested in leveling up my Luke/HRS/Sarge or Leia at the moment...(I used to save my crystals for a month and buy a Chromium).

It is things like these though that it pays to have a deep roster, but it's impossible to be prepared for all situations unless you're willing to buy credit packs, which I would if it weren't such a ripoff lol congrats to those that got some goodies though :)
  • Smite
    259 posts Member
    Options
    C'mon, give us the next stage... and maybe than something useful as a reward.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Yes thanks for making an event that either only whales or someone who happened to invest in rebels and clones can do. Most of us are so poor that 1million credit rewards is enough to get **** over
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    Smite wrote: »
    jackstraw wrote: »
    and the whales get fatter

Believe me, the whale don't need anything of this. 1m is ok, but you'll get it only on the first try.

So you can stop this whale bashing and instead enjoy the game.

This.

In fact, here's the follow up reward:

tLsGr6j.jpg

{RotE}
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for nothing CG.