Empire event ** Megathread**

Replies

• Dimmy
    44 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Can I do it again? Bollocks can I!!!!

Finished it with wedge (lead)/Lando/Biggs/St Han/5's

All lvls 77-80 all gear 8 except 5's at gear 9. No omegas.

Only way I see to clear this is with wedge and landos aoe and a lot of luck.

Lando HAS to get a double crit every time. You MUST have all 5 toons by the final battle. I made it to last battle all with full hp but no protection all all Cooldowns ready.

You have to target the Emp at all costs. He will one shot anyone from full hp but he is very slow. You NEED to get speed down on him ASAP. Use the near useless event specific ability at the start of battle and hope like hell the RG's don't stun to often and if your lucky they will target but not stun 5's a lot that helps. Without speed down ALL FOUR RG's take a turn EVERYTIME one of your toons moves. They are seriously fast for some reason. Aoe every oppurtunity that will slowly eat away at everyone's hp if even 1 Lando aoe fails to double crit it's pretty much game over. If the RG's super stun everyone it's game over. Single target the Emp till he is dead by which point at least two of your toons will have been 1 shot pray it wasn't 5's or Lando. For me it was wedge and St Han. Kill emp then mop up the RG's who should be yellow or red from landos aoe.

Cue victory music 1.04million credits (a weird number right?) about 3 or 4 shards of like 5 -6 different Emp toons and I got 1 peice of stun cuff salvage....

The credits were nice but mehh...

Acheivment unlocked = 10 Vader shards and 5000!!! Ally points.

But **** of i can actually complete it a second time. They keep stunning 5's and landos double fails.... Sigh at least I did it once!!!!

• Dimmy
    44 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
  • Dimmy
    44 posts Member
    Options
  • Options
    This event divides the "haves" and the "have nots" right now. Can we get confirmation from a community manager if this event will be back? That will probably determine how aggressively people farm squads, similar to the 5 Jedi for the Yoda event. I am willing to try for next time, but it is not going to happen for this week.
  • Hambone
    79 posts Member
    Options
    Melvil wrote: »
    I don't mean to be rude but why do people react like total **** and jerks?

"You knew the requirements beforehand - you had time to prepare" - Yeah sure pal, the requirements were released 3 days before the event appeared. This is such an stupid statement that it's borderline offensive and mocking. Nobody is arguing that the event is only for P2P - it is obvious to everybody that the event can be done without spending any money and that with a plethora of characters that are easily accessible. The problem is that if you didn't already have them before the event started you have no chance. Maybe if the announcement was 2-3 months ago everybody would have had time to prepare.

I've been playing this game pretty much since day 1 it came out in the App Store and I'm F2P. I have 15 7* heroes and many more varying from gear levels 10 to 1....and I can barely get past the first stage of the event and I'm finished at the second. Yeah the Yoda event was also hard for me and I wasn't prepared but I focused my resources to build a team for there and managed to unlock him(on what appears to be the last appearance of his challenge) and now I now have to start building a team for the better part of the next 2 months so that maybe I can get some rewards in the last appearance of this event that won't even unlock me a new hero? Yeah I don't think so...

So in general I'm really disappointed with this event and probably won't be bothered with it at all while it's here which just doesn't seem right.

Edit: Oh and By the way looking at the prizes posted here on the forum I am even happier with my decision :smiley:

Very much this.
  • Frenzytom
    118 posts Member
    Options
    Is this a tiered event? Not sure but with 6 days left and this being tier 1.
  • Toolio
    175 posts Member
    Options
    Protip

Use ST Hans taunt at the start of the final round. The RG's will attack him, giving the rest of your team heaps of TM, especially Lando who should be able to chain a bunch of AOE's in a row. Makes the fight super EZ.
  • DarthGozu
    283 posts Member
    Options
    Did it 3times in a row without failing once. The encouter is trivialized by ackbar leader skill. Just spam the regen couter skill, it heals the toons, proc ackbar assist and allow counter if attacked. Best moment is vador use aoe and get a full counter squadron melt his face.
    Last phase need some speed and ackbar leader with luke on stun business works like a charm.
  • Dimmy
    44 posts Member
    Options
    Toolio wrote: »
    Protip

Use ST Hans taunt at the start of the final round. The RG's will attack him, giving the rest of your team heaps of TM, especially Lando who should be able to chain a bunch of AOE's in a row. Makes the fight super EZ.

That's a good top I will try that thank you
  • Options
    Didn't use any AEs and killed Empire last...won on 3rd try, not too bad. Had all 5 toons on round 8. Emp is slow but did 1 shot all my toons each time he attacked.
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Options
    Just finished it, this event is awesome, I'd like to see more of this with different group.

BTW I skip all the robot and yoda events because I play rebels/resistances.
  • paschasc
    94 posts Member
    Options
    Where are the tiers? Tier I = level 78+ toons. LOL. How about a couple tiers for level 60-75 players to enjoy, ya know, playing the game? So, basically you have to be a whale or use Rebels in Arena...

Yoda event doesn't start at 7*'s, why not tier it like everything else?

Not whining, just don't know why they create events that large numbers of players can't even participate in.
  • Options
    Nice job on this Devs it was a lot of fun. Lots of whinners in this thread.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    paschasc wrote: »
    Where are the tiers? Tier I = level 78+ toons. LOL. How about a couple tiers for level 60-75 players to enjoy, ya know, playing the game? So, basically you have to be a whale or use Rebels in Arena...

Yoda event doesn't start at 7*'s, why not tier it like everything else?

Not whining, just don't know why they create events that large numbers of players can't even participate in.

Some people in my guild beat it with level 65-75 toons that weren't at 7 stars
  • Dimmy
    44 posts Member
    Options
    That tip with St Han worked really really well made it super easy to do last battle... Pity the rewards for 2nd and 3rd completion were so crap
  • MrK
    10 posts Member
    Options
    Yudoka wrote: »
    It seems like this was an event for whales as a lot of the characters are P2P exclusive or under-powered and uninteresting so the average player wouldn't focus on them. I guess we'll start seeing what Vader is really like at max stars though.

i'm ftp and beat it with lando han solo AA (L) and fives
  • Darling_Ventress
    376 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    This event is bugged for me. It does not show up in my Events table, but it shows available when I search for the purple complink gear locations. If I click "Enter" all I get is the eternal spinning wheels of no connection.

Nevermind, Its for player level 78. It should be greyed out in the gear listing to prevent this accidental attempt to access it.
  • Eleiem
    334 posts Member
    Options
    It was pretty easy for me :)
  • Riggin12
    129 posts Member
    Options
    A fun event with interesting mechanics. My squad was definitely better situated for this than the droid event.
  • Options
    As usual ea shows its corrupt. They don't care about gaming expierence one bit. They just care how much you spend and give them.

I love Star Wars but hate this game. I still play it and am never amazed at the corrupt actions of the developers anymore. I've come to expect that this game has nothing to do with how much and how hard you play.

The whales hate us f2p because they paid so they can hate us. Psychologically this game is a shame to the human expierence.

Can't wait for the next event that will have some other brain dead requirements that don't require any skill but just cold hard cash.
  • effdash
    150 posts Member
    Options
    As usual ea shows its corrupt. They don't care about gaming expierence one bit. They just care how much you spend and give them.

I love Star Wars but hate this game. I still play it and am never amazed at the corrupt actions of the developers anymore. I've come to expect that this game has nothing to do with how much and how hard you play.

The whales hate us f2p because they paid so they can hate us. Psychologically this game is a shame to the human expierence.

Can't wait for the next event that will have some other brain dead requirements that don't require any skill but just cold hard cash.

So...if I dont have the characters to play an event this game is corrupt? If I do, everyone else is a whale?

Ya'll cray. I'm f2p and I farmed rebels and this event was great. Guess what? I do not have Yoda because I did not farm Yoda but I do not complain because I CHOSE not to farm Jedi, as you CHOSE not to farm Rebels or Fives (clones).

Complainers gon' complain
    Haters gon' hate
    Cheeseburgers gon' cheese
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Fun event. Decent rewards for the first run through. If spending crystals on the refresh gave another mil for the first run through again, I'd do it. Food for thought devs.
  • StormTro0p3R_H
    1643 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    MrK wrote: »
    Yudoka wrote: »
    It seems like this was an event for whales as a lot of the characters are P2P exclusive or under-powered and uninteresting so the average player wouldn't focus on them. I guess we'll start seeing what Vader is really like at max stars though.

i'm ftp and beat it with lando han solo AA (L) and fives

Just the 4 of them? Nice. I used those 4 and hoth rebel scout. I farmed a turn meter team from the start that ended up needing AA during the speed meta and then Lando once RG became popular and he was released into the cantina nodes.

Post edited by StormTro0p3R_H on
  • RonEmpire
    221 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    LaLiam wrote: »
    isreal wrote: »
    Anyone refresh it?

Do you get the 1mil kicker for first round of refresh?

I just had my reset and no second 1mil.

So the Battle (3) appears again? Meaning you get 3 new attempts on the reset?
  • Godlike
    14 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
  • ubn87
    314 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Holy lando haha. Did it with 3 toons. Aa g8 80, 5s g9 77 and holy lando g11 80.

Cleared whole thing with these three just bc lando aoe.

8xu0Pum.jpg
    S73Wz9M.jpg
  • Options
    From what I gather, winning this event has nothing to do with being a whale or F2P or anything like that; winning requires a SOLID rebel team, a keen technique, and a little bit of luck.

I can't finish it but that's just fair; i developed other synergies BY CHOICE... some of them that fit very well with past events. The Empire one isnt "for me" [this time around]. It's not a big deal. It will probably be back. If it isnt, there will be other events that I can work with.

The best advice I can give is to stop chasing events and just work on your roster. Stop chasing meta because you end up with a lop-sided roster of several high level meta-has beens, a smattering of promising characters that you probably cant afford, and a boat load of mid to low level toons that were total mistakes.

Pace yourself. Relax. It's a goal. If all players had it all, we would all have the same rosters, and it would be the most boring game ever.

P.S. i dont understand why anyone spends their time accusing someone of complaining. when has that EVER helped a situation? Stop being a troll. You don't look clever or smart or cool or whatever, it's just pitiful.
  • Options

effdash wrote: »

So...if I dont have the characters to play an event this game is corrupt? If I do, everyone else is a whale?

Ya'll cray. I'm f2p and I farmed rebels and this event was great. Guess what? I do not have Yoda because I did not farm Yoda but I do not complain because I CHOSE not to farm Jedi, as you CHOSE not to farm Rebels or Fives (clones).

Complainers gon' complain
    Haters gon' hate
    Cheeseburgers gon' cheese

Don't really care what other players say. Most people are slaves and are too stupid to realize it. Your entitled to your point of view as I am entitled to mine. My post wasnt for other players to banter over like most of you have been so well trained to do. My post was to express my utter disappoint ment with the corrupt design of this game. The developers are to blame for their greed and they should have to hear from us that they have let many of us gamers down. I have played since December and am not a newb. I've seen this game progress from almost the beginning. This game has provided alot to laugh about and use to teach others about the corrupt nature of man and their use of technology.

Ponder why society is what it is you may. Now I go back to my solace where I can sit back play and watch the idiocracy continue sadly.
  • DaniB32
    196 posts Member
    Options
    Useles event. Only made for the rich.
  • Options
    Awesome event. Got lucky and started farming rebels a month ago.