Empire event ** Megathread**

Replies

• Options
    Just got Biggs along for the first time to the final stage, lasted a lot longer, got the Emperor about halfway down before dying. Does the Emperor only use his buff power if one of the Royal Guards has been damaged even a tiny bit? Buying one extra Emperor turn could make a big difference.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    Why are the Clones Fighting Vader and the Emperor? Don't they exist Prior to Anakin Becoming Vader?

Why were Jedi fighting Yoda?
  • Options
    Ok so here's a win with a pretty sub-optimal team:

6* Lvl 70 Ackbar (L), 6* Lvl 80 Fives, 7* Lvl 72 Han, 6* Lvl 70 Luke, and comedy option 5* Lvl 50 Biggs. Fives was gear 9, the rest are gear 8 except for gear 6 Biggs. Took me maybe a dozen tries.
  • NCNER8R
    162 posts Member
    Options
    Why are the Clones Fighting Vader and the Emperor? Don't they exist Prior to Anakin Becoming Vader?

LOL Touche'
  • Options
    Lwow... 65k per hit, and Stun spam... Guess I'll focus Emporer and hope for the best.
  • Hangfire
    497 posts Member
    Options
    I did it with only AA80, Leia 80, StHan 73, 5's 66, Clone sgt 61. The last three RG's were punching it out with a lone Leia. Last hit went to Leia. Made the mistake of thinking I could pay 200 crystals and get first finished rewards again, wrong.
  • Options
    Is it 3 per day or 3 for the event?
  • Options
    The only way a F2P player can beat this is if they have focused on a rebel team... I'm relatively F2P but have other toons developed. I agree that he event isn't broken or anything, but was made for a verrryyyy specific group
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    I managed to kill 2 guys in the first fight...what did i get what did i get? :)
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    Options
    Thing about all these events is that you don't really have time to prepare, so you need a team already. Else you need to be stupid enought to spend 200 euros to level/shard up 5 characters to 80. Since I didn't give any attention to rebels/clones I am all out of luck, ye poor me.
    And those booster packs are a joke as well. You get 26 shards and 104k credits. A message to the developers: "IT costs 20k per shard to level up a character to 80". Do your freaking match! And stop ignoring 50% of the forum posts. I will even calculate this for you. The mega pack should include 520k to make it even viable!
  • Romao33
    121 posts Member
    Options
    The only way a F2P player can beat this is if they have focused on a rebel team... I'm relatively F2P but have other toons developed. I agree that he event isn't broken or anything, but was made for a verrryyyy specific group

That's not true. I did not focus on rebels, but Han is pretty good, Ackbar is more than useful in Raid T1, Fives is kind of Meta character since protection. Only Lando, from the ones I have is kind of a bet from me. But what a bet, he's a beast!! and he's easy to farm since one or two months. Far enough to finish this event (see above, ackbar is far from ready, but I completed 3 times without douzens and dozens of tries)
  • DarthHernia
    200 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I thought I was set for the event. I have Akbar, 5s and Briggs at 7* and G8. Surely I can take the challenge. Then bam! Got hit with the 5-toon requirement. I can't join even tho I can probably beat it easily.

If there's a pack I can get buy to unlock 2 more toons I'll buy it. But no. It has to be these 26 random shard packs. Since when has it become not okay for companies to just sell stuff without making customers feel like they've been conned? We didn't complain about the old Jedi/Droid/Heroine packs. A mere "decent" package isn't good enough for you EA?

**** EA? What's with all these hoops? Why wasn't any of these communicated to us beforehand?
  • CatoSan
    51 posts Member
    Options
    Great event, sweet payouts, fun!
  • Options

It's Jedi training... Yoda said so.
  • Stuwart
    137 posts Member
    Options
    So the rewards page says 11 of each of the daily challenge purple drops, but my guild and myself have only gotten 1 piece.

Are any of you getting that as well?
  • Duckoo
    279 posts Member
    Options
    I know this will get drowned in the tears, but thank you EA/CG for a wonderful event. I got lucky and had a team I could play. This event is the most enjoyment I've had farming shards/creds/gear. More like this, please. Evem if they are for droids or night sisters or other factions I don't have the toons for.
  • Duckoo
    279 posts Member
    Options
    Can someone who struggled through the event, not someone qho pushed auto, went on the forum and said how easy it was with his gear 8 gear 9 team, tell me what you think is the best strategy? Like attacking sandtroopers or magmatroopers first?

Best strategy is a good aoe toon. Makes a huge difference.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Duckoo wrote: »
    I know this will get drowned in the tears, but thank you EA/CG for a wonderful event. I got lucky and had a team I could play. This event is the most enjoyment I've had farming shards/creds/gear. More like this, please. Evem if they are for droids or night sisters or other factions I don't have the toons for.

Why would there be tears? You had the right toons for the job and you completed it. Nice work!
  • Options
    Blurryface wrote: »
    I have other priority characters to work on. Maybe in a year I'll be ready for this one.

Well it was a conscious decision then. We had time to prepare. And if you're ready to quit the game why even bother about where you'll be a year from now.

So by time to prepare you mean time to pump in $1000 or more dollars. Because last time I checked it took more than a week to get 5 toons 7*s and geared.
  • aerendhil
    503 posts Member
    Options
    1st try failed at stage 8
    My team is Rex - 5s - CS - Lobot - Biggs
    but all of them are somewhat undergeared & underleveled
    It's definitely doable if I buff them up a bit.
    I choose the Red Pill.
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Options
    I say congrats to all those who managed to beat the event. I myself was very excited to have a challenge as it stated the event would be tuned for level 80 6-7* toons with maxed abilities and gear. Sadly this was not the case, I wish they would have made tiers so people like me who had a maxed team ready could get a challenge out of it, while other people with not as deep a roster could still complete it at lower tiers. I wouldn't even care if the rewards were exactly the same, just make a more challenging tier for maxed toons as it was said to be in the community update.

Have you watched SW Rebels? At least for a brief part of one episode the clones fight the empire ;)
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    So what's the strategy in this with Ackbar lead? How do you use retribution? Can you spam it forever? Can't figure it out my team is too weak.
  • onAlCk
    14 posts Member
    Options
    Again **** donator event ....
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    What's with all the whining here? The Yoda event was the only one i could play. Planning on farming Lando but it's going to be a while. What seems to be the problem?
  • OwexBaill
    188 posts Member
    Options
    So to participate in this event you have to either be a whale or have been luckily investing in the right toons.
    Nice one.
    And without a very powerful squad of the needed toons you get... nothing.
    Thanks for that.
  • Super123
    233 posts Member
    Options
    I can't resist the 10 Vader shards temptation... Well, a new fun target after completing Yoda lol...
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Options
    OwexBaill wrote: »
    So to participate in this event you have to either be a whale or have been luckily investing in the right toons.
    Nice one.
    Thanks for that.

Or how about we say people who didn't just chase the meta get a reward for not being main stream. I'm sure the event will recur otherwise the achievement doesn't make sense, so people will be able to complete it eventually, just like the Yoda event.

As I stated earlier, this event is not tuned as the devs originally stated, a guildmate just completed with a level 50 Ackbar lead and another toon at level 20. Ergo you don't need a full team of maxed rebels like I interpreted the statement in the community update.
  • OwexBaill
    188 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    KeKattia wrote: »
    Nice one.
    Thanks for that.

Or how about we say people who didn't just chase the meta get a reward for not being main stream. I'm sure the event will recur otherwise the achievement doesn't make sense, so people will be able to complete it eventually, just like the Yoda event.

As I stated earlier, this event is not tuned as the devs originally stated, a guildmate just completed with a level 50 Ackbar lead and another toon at level 20. Ergo you don't need a full team of maxed rebels like I interpreted the statement in the community update.

I'm not chasing the meta either. Not chasing the meta doesn't mean you have a maxed out rebel team.
    So he completed all 8 waves with 2 toons at level 50 and 20? Yea, right.

Edit: Sorry for the rant, just unhappy because the only fun mode is RAIDS atm, which isn't THAT fun, so I was hoping to actually play something interesting, which I can't.
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not chasing the meta either. Not chasing the meta doesn't mean you have a maxed out rebel team.
    So he completed all 8 waves with 2 toons at level 50 and 20? Yea, right.

I did not intend to say that anyone not chasing the meta would have a Rebel team, many have a droid team instead and were able to do that event. I for example didn't have a droid team, and frankly I don't care about it because I don't like droids. People who went for Rebels or clones because they like them were rewarded with this event, as were people who went for droids. Sure droids were the meta for a short time so more people had them but I also see a fair amount of people with at least Fives and Han maxed.

Second, no he didn't do the event with those two, but the two of them likely didn't make it past the second stage, so with only 3 maxed toons one can still beat it.
  • OwexBaill
    188 posts Member
    Options
    See my edit above.
    But seriously, you can't compare the rewards of this event and the droid one. May it only be because of the Vader shards, but this events rewards are far better. And you don't need to waste energy. No, not comparable at all.