Is rotating alts into a guild to earn more than 30k in coins a day an intended aspect of the raids?

Prev13456789
drallop
13 posts Member
Looking to have a discussion of the validity of doing this. Not trying to call anyone a cheater so please don't do that or this thread will be shutdown.

Just want to see if people think based on the development of the raid if we should consider this a valid way to gain an advantage in the game.

It does take an impressive amount of coordination and probably a decent outlay of money to achieve the numbers across two accounts as easily as possible each day. Even more so with low level alts.

Thoughts?

Replies

• LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    It doesn't take that much coordination. If you are doing T7, you already have a way to communicate. It doesn't take cash outlay either. Your alt account can easily get 600 FTP. I don't support the practice, as there is no way this is working as originally intended.
  • BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    Options
    drallop wrote: »
    Please don't comment on moderators or moderation. Just trying to abide by the forum rules and provide a thread we can discuss this so the Devs can see the communities thoughts.

This is one of the smartest things posted tonight.. :)

• Options
    WTDnnwE.gif?noredirect
    Green_Legend_Ran A storm is coming...
  • Spartamaj
    259 posts Member
    Options
    drallop wrote: »
    Looking to have a discussion of the validity of doing this. Not trying to call anyone a cheater so please don't do that or this thread will be shutdown.

Just want to see if people think based on the development of the raid if we should consider this a valid way to gain an advantage in the game.

It does take an impressive amount of coordination and probably a decent outlay of money to achieve the numbers across two accounts as easily as possible each day. Even more so with low level alts.

Thoughts?

Considering the fact that the devs stated that guild hoping was legal, the only part that will be questionable is that you need to create an alt in a different timezone. It needs an emulator to do that and it is prohibited by Google play at least. Don't know about apple.
  • Sinari
    112 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I think that it provides a bit of an unfair edge against people without the time or resource to do the same, and breeds a sense of animosity throughout the community as a whole. If there's a defined maximum amount, exceeding that amount should be problematic when spotted by other players who don't exceed said amount. I know I don't have the time or money to dump on a secondary account that I can rotate in and out of two guilds while EA is ignoring clear game issues and banking on bandaid solutions.

Additionally, I'm a former EA/Mythic/Bioware employee, and I should have known it would be like this. But we love star wars and they know it.
  • Myzyri
    66 posts Member
    Options
    1 there is no difference between this and other aspects of manipulating the points system.

2 guilds were set up to have 50 members and had a cap for a reason. This is essentially doing an end around on that cap by filtering more in then should be allowed.

3 it's a manipulation of a loop hole that should be closed by EA and quickly

4 this has massive implications in that it's allowing people to get difficult gear even faster and to get ahead. Anything that allows others to get ahead faster then others is a (insert word thar isn't allowed here).

5 point system was put into place to limit the number of raids allowed per week, this obliterates that block

6 this is the same thing that EA went in and put a cap on energy awhile back so that people couldn't stockpile for the level 80 push except on a more extreme level
  • Stormy
    951 posts Member
    Options
    Coordination is a good word here! I believe it may take as much coordination as rotating a player through guilds filled with players and their alts to accumulate a lot of Han Solo shards. That coordination was congratulated by many on the forums ;)
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Capital Games technically is. I believe they are part of EA, but ultimately there is a big boss at EA corporate who is more than likely not involved or aware...yet
  • Sinari
    112 posts Member
    Options
    It takes coordination to launch an air raid on an opposing country, too. Or rob a bank and not get caught.

Not a good parallel. That was people sacrificing personal gain for someone to get Han Solo first. Not an unreasonable amount of currency.
  • drallop
    13 posts Member
    Options
    Myzyri wrote: »
    6 this is the same thing that EA went in and put a cap on energy awhile back so that people couldn't stockpile for the level 80 push except on a more extreme level

I think this is a great analogy. They put raid gear and slowed progression for a reason. This feels like a way to circumvent that planned progression similar to the stockpiling they saw leading up to the lvl 60 cap raise. It feels like this should be addressed in a similar fashion.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    Opusone wrote: »
    Capital Games technically is. I believe they are part of EA, but ultimately there is a big boss at EA corporate who is more than likely not involved or aware...yet

That big boss won't care, he just cares about the money coming in
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Options

She, and believe or not she actually does.
  • Myzyri
    66 posts Member
    Options

He will care if this drives people to leave and request their investment back due to other guilds scamming the system.

• DroidsURLooking4
    365 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Yeah, someone is really trigger happy on the moderator side tonight. This topic is nuclear right now, and the moderator(s) are keeping the boards clear of this topic so others won't read it and rioting doesn't ensue.

If someone is willing to pay money to develop two or three full rosters of toons and hop their alternate accounts across them during a raid.... what is the motivation for the developers to disallow it? It's an unintended revenue spike. If the alternate account guild hopping becomes the norm, and it becomes profitable as people want to stay competitive, why would the developers shut it down?

It's about the money.
    Post edited by DroidsURLooking4 on
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    Options
    I guess my initial reaction was disappointment. I was not expecting that. I feel misled in what I thought what was.
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, someone is really trigger happy on the moderator side tonight. This topic is nuclear right now, and the moderator(s) are keeping the boards clear of this topic so others won't read it and rioting doesn't ensue.

If someone is willing to pay money to develop two or three full rosters of toons and hop across them during a raid.... what is the motivation for the developers to disallow it? It's an unintended revenue spike. If the guild hopping becomes the norm, and it becomes profitable as people want to stay competitive, why would the developers shut it down?

It's about the money.

It's actually more profitable to not allow it. More free gear means less money spent.
  • Spartamaj
    259 posts Member
    Options
    Stormy wrote: »
    Coordination is a good word here! I believe it may take as much coordination as rotating a player through guilds filled with players and their alts to accumulate a lot of Han Solo shards. That coordination was congratulated by many on the forums ;)

Don't wanna break your bubble but there was a poll on this and 90% of the player were against it. Don't see where your many comes from.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options

If someone is willing to pay money to develop two or three full rosters of toons and hop across them during a raid.... what is the motivation for the developers to disallow it? It's an unintended revenue spike. If the guild hopping becomes the norm, and it becomes profitable as people want to stay competitive, why would the developers shut it down?

It's about the money.

It's actually more profitable to not allow it. More free gear means less money spent.

You would be surprised how much is spent on alts. It definitely is profitable for them.
  • Deist
    110 posts Member
    Options
    And that's how democracy ends, in applause...
  • Stormy
    951 posts Member
    Options
    Spartamaj wrote: »

Don't wanna break your bubble but there was a poll on this and 90% of the player were against it. Don't see where your many comes from.

oh ;( missed the poll. I just remember a lot of "congratulations!" sent across the post (mine included)- sure some haters, but plenty congratulating ;)
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    Myzyri wrote: »

He will care if this drives people to leave and request their investment back due to other guilds scamming the system.

Yea like I said, the money
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    Deist wrote: »
    And that's how democracy ends, in applause...

With thunderous applause*
  • Calus_78
    504 posts Member
    Options

Or lame, it takes one person to kick the guild, the same person to run all 49 or 50 ults, then invite. The rest of the guild waits for an invite.

Don't be proud of taking advantage of a loop hole, it makes you look like a little *****
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    You can disagree but this is what happens when you have a system that offers no benefits to those who spend money or work to build a strong guild and roster. We have to resort to legal but frustrating methods to separate ourselves. I wish t7 was more difficult or if there were other benefits to having a strong roster and team.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options

That's in reference to the Han Solo unlocked thread I think
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Barrok wrote: »
    You can disagree but this is what happens when you have a system that offers no benefits to those who spend money or work to build a strong guild and roster. We have to resort to legal but frustrating methods to separate ourselves. I wish t7 was more difficult or if there were other benefits to having a strong roster and team.

This I can actually agree with.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options

This I can actually agree with.

Wait a sec, I prefaced it with ...you can disagree...and you agreed? Are you using Jedi Mind tricks on me?
  • Ascansio
    270 posts Member
    Options
    "Use the Force, Luke..."
    Team Instinct - #1 PvP Powerhouse, dedicated with the strongest compassion to dominate.
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Options

It's about the money.

You would be surprised how much is spent on alts. It definitely is profitable for them.

I wouldn't, I easily spend as much. The issue for me isn't around a current specific situation. It's about what the future looks like, if a change in policy doesn't happen. That future is a sea of free to play alt accounts to work the system.
  • WildWest1974
    628 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Let's see... say we assume around 10% of all active players use the forum...

Let's say 25% of all active forum members view the poll. 80% of them feel strongly enough to voice their opinion. 90% are against this issue.

The end result? 1.8% of players are actively opposed to the topic the poll was discussing.

These are not scientific numbers, just an example, but not exactly a majority there, Chief.

I'm not endorsing or condoning, just pointing out that no poll on this forum will accurately represent the entire player base.
This discussion has been closed.