Is rotating alts into a guild to earn more than 30k in coins a day an intended aspect of the raids?

Replies

• Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    Being a so called "leaderbord noble" doesn't entitle you to anything but being the first head in the guillotine when the "rule revolution" begins.
  • Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    lovecheese wrote: »
    I really love how they keep saying "established rule set"... that's exactly what an exploit is. Using the ruleset and exposing the weaknesses that are not against the TOS/EULA and bending it for your benefit.

No it's not. An exploit is using unintended game mechanics or bugs to your advantage. Either you're new to online gaming or trolling. But this has always been the definition of an exploit.

Considering this is within the rule set and an allowable mechanic it cannot be an exploit.

So.... you think they purposely made the limit 50 so people can rotate other accounts in and out as they please? If that were the case, why didn't they make the cap 5000 for guilds? Your logic is horribly flawed for "allowable mechanic". You know it's an exploit, thats why you want it fixed after you used it.
  • Stormy
    951 posts Member
    Options
    Stormy wrote: »
    @Barrok Didnt you accuse order 66 of the same thing in a previous thread last week?

Lots of throw accounts going up tonight. Is this a masquerade?

Quick! That 7 year old kid that stole someone's phone! Get the phone away from him! He's posting nonsensical gobbledygook again!

0/10
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    I really love how they keep saying "established rule set"... that's exactly what an exploit is. Using the ruleset and exposing the weaknesses that are not against the TOS/EULA and bending it for your benefit.

No it's not. An exploit is using unintended game mechanics or bugs to your advantage. Either you're new to online gaming or trolling. But this has always been the definition of an exploit.

Considering this is within the rule set and an allowable mechanic it cannot be an exploit.

So.... you think they purposely made the limit 50 so people can rotate other accounts in and out as they please? If that were the case, why didn't they make the cap 5000 for guilds? Your logic is horribly flawed for "allowable mechanic". You know it's an exploit, thats why you want it fixed after you used it.

Lol use, abuse, then fix it so no one can do the same.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Elyndria
    482 posts Member
    Options
    Elyndria wrote: »
    I am just glad that the TI folks took that tagline regarding playing with "integrity" off their SWGOH.GG post. All I could think was, "You keep using that word... I do not think it means what you think it means!"

By integrity you mean playing within the established rule set right? Check. I think we're good then.
    When I read the post about guild hopping the thought someone could make a bunch of alternate accounts with different reward times to get way more gear than CG intended didn't even cross my mind. Your guild, and others who followed are definitely exploiting, as I don't believe CG themselves saw this one coming. They didn't leave this loophole in and think it was fine. Just because you're allowed to change guilds doesn't mean you can artificially and systematically add coins to your bank and raid more than everyone else.

We specifically asked a Dev if the altfactory was allowable before we did it. They said yes.

They obviously didn't understand the implications and the backlash that will follow.

I'd like to know which dev so I can personally complain ;)
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    Options
    Peempo wrote: »
    darkensoul wrote: »
    puru wrote: »
    Maraxus wrote: »
    Barrok wrote: »
    We broke no rules. In fact we made sure it wasn't against the rules before we did it.

And when a leaderboard is mathematically decided by your ability to horde coins and spend them at the exact perfect time...that is a lame leaderboard. (No offense to order 66. They nailed this and deserve all the credit for maximizing the time/math needed to do it)

Well all the power to you bro. But you do realize that when everybody knows how its being done it kinda loses its sheen. Compared to the glory you guys got when you first completed heroic, this is quite petty. Nobody is applauding.

When lvl 70 was raised amd ppl alost insta jumped to 70 in 2/3 days... They did it funding energy via crystals amd hoarding.

Well here alta were funded and used.

Until this actually is prevented, i dont see what all the fuss is about. Something that anyone could do was done. Some are doing other arent. Same as hoarding energy back in the days.

This is not against TOS and is part of the game mechanics.

Laws and rules are made based on people's perception of right and wrong, fair and unfair.

The rules in this game are dictated and determined by the devs. At this current time the process of rotating alts in is 100% legal based on those who make the rules. Your personal opinion on the matter is irrelevant outside of a push for change.

Everything @Barrok said is spot on. We knew this would cause a stink on the forums. We were discussing the firestorm it would cause all day. We play to win. Sorry, we're not sorry about that. We will continue to push the envelope within the rules. You will find players who do this is every single competitive game you play, both online and in life. If that's something you (and I mean that in a general sense, not specifically at you) cannot handle, come to terms with, or understand, then competition is not for you.

That's fine. I can appreciate the 'whatever it takes' to win attitude. But realize you have been exposed as frauds and your name is forever tarnished. I for one looked up to many of you guys as grounbreakers and leaders in the community.

In a game where your cash investment dictates s large amount of your success, why in gods name are you looking up to anyone? Lol

'Look up to:' Have a great deal of respect for

In terms of right and wrong being subjective. A guild mate posted this:

This takes me back to college Philosophy and Immanuel Kant's Categorical Imperative. Notwithstanding artificial laws, there are higher truths and higher laws. For example, even if one society condones murder, the Categorical Imperative points to a higher respect for life. The basis of this imperative stems from the ineffable, that we call our conscience. Puru is absolutely right that the moral compass should rise higher than what 'rules created by devs' would allow. What's right is right. Sorry to go heavy on you guys. As I said, I feel strongly about this topic.

• shampoo
    442 posts Member
    Options
    Kodebob wrote: »
    shampoo wrote: »
    Easy fix. Leave a guild, 24 hour cool down. Leave a 2nd before 24 hours is up, goes to 48 hour cool down... and so forth and so on.

I believe CG commented on the cool down issue was from troll leaders booting people from raids. Not fair to be kicked from a guild then not be able to join one for 24 hours

Then code it for unique guilds. Not hard to do.

I know nothing about coding =( I do know everytime CG said they fixed a bug there was a high chance that it wasn't ever fixed lol.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    We broke no rules. In fact we made sure it wasn't against the rules before we did it.

And when a leaderboard is mathematically decided by your ability to horde coins and spend them at the exact perfect time...that is a lame leaderboard. (No offense to order 66. They nailed this and deserve all the credit for maximizing the time/math needed to do it)

Well all the power to you bro. But you do realize that when everybody knows how its being done it kinda loses its sheen. Compared to the glory you guys got when you first completed heroic, this is quite petty. Nobody is applauding.

When lvl 70 was raised amd ppl alost insta jumped to 70 in 2/3 days... They did it funding energy via crystals amd hoarding.

Until this actually is prevented, i dont see what all the fuss is about. Something that anyone could do was done. Some are doing other arent. Same as hoarding energy back in the days.

Laws and rules are made based on people's perception of right and wrong, fair and unfair.

The rules in this game are dictated and determined by the devs. At this current time the process of rotating alts in is 100% legal based on those who make the rules. Your personal opinion on the matter is irrelevant outside of a push for change.

Everything @Barrok said is spot on. We knew this would cause a stink on the forums. We were discussing the firestorm it would cause all day. We play to win. Sorry, we're not sorry about that. We will continue to push the envelope within the rules. You will find players who do this is every single competitive game you play, both online and in life. If that's something you (and I mean that in a general sense, not specifically at you) cannot handle, come to terms with, or understand, then competition is not for you.

That's fine. I can appreciate the 'whatever it takes' to win attitude. But realize you have been exposed as frauds and your name is forever tarnished. I for one looked up to many of you guys as grounbreakers and leaders in the community.

In a game where your cash investment dictates s large amount of your success, why in gods name are you looking up to anyone? Lol

This takes me back to college Philosophy and Immanuel Kant's Categorical Imperative. Notwithstanding artificial laws, there are higher truths and higher laws. For example, even if one society condones murder, the Categorical Imperative points to a higher respect for life. The basis of this imperative stems from the ineffable, that we call our conscience. Puru is absolutely right that the moral compass should rise higher than what 'rules created by devs' would allow. What's right is right. Sorry to go heavy on you guys. As I said, I feel strongly about this topic.

Yes, exactly...now the pesants are super miffed and have the torchs and pitchforks ready and the mob is amassing....
  • Options
    This entire thing is comical! I knew you guys had no choice but to admit it after posting 1600 today but you shouldn't be on here defending your actions. You should just be happy that your guild has spent enough green to probably avoid a ban! If you were a f2p guild i promise you tomorrow it would be like team who???
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options

You're arguing with me about something the devs specifically said was ok here on the forums. We questioned them again before we started the altfactory and explained our intentions, just to double check it was ok. We were told yes it was fine. But sure continue arguing it's not allowable despite the ones who actually make those decisions disagreeing with you.
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    Options
    Anyway, this has gone far enough. What's done is done.
  • Syd0514
    15 posts Member
    Options
    Ignorance will kill this game. What "certain guild" is doing now is simply encouraging a cutthroat competition between guilds. You certainly wouldn't want to see some people/guild creating 500 alt accounts just to boost their guild coin accumulations. Competition is fine, but it should be based on positive grounds. These kind of behaviors will not only deteriorate relationships between guilds, but also make this game tiring and dull to play. I love SW and spent a lost of time and money(£4k+) on this game. The last thing I expect to see is that a small group of short-sighted players exploiting the system and be proud of what they did, which could potentially harm the sustainability of this game in the long run.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    Off with there heads!
  • Options

You're arguing with me about something the devs specifically said was ok here on the forums. We questioned them again before we started the altfactory and explained our intentions, just to double check it was ok. We were told yes it was fine. But sure continue arguing it's not allowable despite the ones who actually make those decisions disagreeing with you.

You know it's an exploit. Which is why you asked to begin with. If you had to ask... then you should of known. I'm going to bed. I can't deal with this amount of self righteousness this late at night.
  • Yendor
    261 posts Member
    Options
    Man, this is a game on a phone and an action the people who made the game have posted on this forum that they are OK with. Agree with their decision or not, a player or guilds "moral compass " has nothing to do with this

Some of these statements about how ftp should be on a level playing field with people who spend thousands are absolutely mind boggling to me

At the end of the day, we just want to raid to gear up our characters. The developers gave the ok for a way to be able to do this more often, so we engaged in the action . ANY PERSON, reading this could do this same thing, so we are not getting an advantage. Everyone knows we're doing it, so if we have somehow misinterpreted INRAJ'S post on the topic (which I doubt), the devs know now as well.

If your moral compass is wound so tight that you can't take advantage of a game mechanic that is out in the open and you've been told doesn't violate game rules, that's fine. If you don't like this mechanic and want to complain in hopes that the devs change it, I wish you the best of luck and, in fact, fully support you. I don't know of anyone in our guild that actually wants this to remain part of the game. But please, enough of the high and might, sadly misplaced, moral judgements.
  • Alita
    474 posts
    edited June 2016
    Options
    people clearly need a place to voice their feelings on this subject, but a lot of these posts are on the line of personal attacks, outright trolling, and spam. feel free to be upset, but i'd rather this thread not end up getting closed because a few individuals can't keep things civil.
  • Options
    I am just glad that the TI folks took that tagline regarding playing with "integrity" off their SWGOH.GG post. All I could think was, "You keep using that word... I do not think it means what you think it means!"

By integrity you mean playing within the established rule set right? Check. I think we're good then.
    When I read the post about guild hopping the thought someone could make a bunch of alternate accounts with different reward times to get way more gear than CG intended didn't even cross my mind. Your guild, and others who followed are definitely exploiting, as I don't believe CG themselves saw this one coming. They didn't leave this loophole in and think it was fine. Just because you're allowed to change guilds doesn't mean you can artificially and systematically add coins to your bank and raid more than everyone else.

We specifically asked a Dev if the altfactory was allowable before we did it. They said yes.

One of your guildmates already said this was not the case. so you are saying they made a vague post about people getting banned for exploiting guild hopping and then told one guild that guild hopping was an ok way of exploiting the 600 a day guild coin contribution? CG is the one sounding the worst here
  • Hangfire
    497 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

If you believe it, it's not a lie... George Costanza
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    Options
    Loose_Lee wrote: »

Yes, exactly...now the pesants are super miffed and have the torchs and pitchforks ready and the mob is amassing....

I think the mob just saw the '50cent beers' light come on over at moe's. You're safe for now
  • Options
    TI slogan :-
    Your master has deceived you into believing that you can compete with Team íNstinct...

Pathetic and disgraceful.

TI would do anything to stay #1.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Fame Whore

We take first, people flame us. We lose first, people make posts of happiness. We regain first, people call us cheaters. At the end of the day, we play to win and do it by maximizing all legal and approved avenues.

It's funny in a game where people can buy some of the top gear (and characters) with real money to increase progress, using an APPROVED METHOD by the devs turns us into pathetic and disgraceful.

This has nothing to do with spending money.

This is about crossing the line and doing anything to stay on top.

TI's previous slogan of integrity was a joke..considering what has transpired in the past month.

You and TI are delusional if you think you guys are saints.

Make no mistake, the entire swgoh universe knows how disgraceful TI is now.

Everything TI does from now onwards will have an asterisk (*) next to it. Nobody respects it.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    Civil? Really...this is simple...make a freaking decision!

I'll honor the outcome either way...
  • SWGOHGOD999
    28 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    How could you look anyone straight in the face and say this is fair or the right thing to do?
  • Stormy
    951 posts Member
    Options
    That's the sound of a thousand crushed souls. I'll sleep well tonight, as now you all know what it feels like to be on my server at EST payout time.
  • Harmonica
    541 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Kant also said that wanking it is worse than suicide.

Okay, back to the drama....
    Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    Yendor wrote: »
    Man, this is a game on a phone and an action the people who made the game have posted on this forum that they are OK with. Agree with their decision or not, a player or guilds "moral compass " has nothing to do with this

Some of these statements about how ftp should be on a level playing field with people who spend thousands are absolutely mind boggling to me

At the end of the day, we just want to raid to gear up our characters. The developers gave the ok for a way to be able to do this more often, so we engaged in the action . ANY PERSON, reading this could do this same thing, so we are not getting an advantage. Everyone knows we're doing it, so if we have somehow misinterpreted INRAJ'S post on the topic (which I doubt), the devs know now as well.

If your moral compass is wound so tight that you can't take advantage of a game mechanic that is out in the open and you've been told doesn't violate game rules, that's fine. If you don't like this mechanic and want to complain in hopes that the devs change it, I wish you the best of luck and, in fact, fully support you. I don't know of anyone in our guild that actually wants this to remain part of the game. But please, enough of the high and might, sadly misplaced, moral judgements.

The thing is that ftp and whales are on a level playing field when it comes to raiding. One can not simply pay and throw money at the game to get more raids in. The 30k 'intended limit' on guild coin gain per day was set in place for a reason, not something that should be exploited, or 'taken advantage of'.

I do hope the hammer of justice feels no pity when this is taken care of...
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • drallop
    13 posts Member
    Options

This is a huge smoking gun. That is hugely damning of this whole thing and the trust we should put in the Devs. That they acknowledge this privately and didn't discuss it openly feels very sketchy to me.
  • Hangfire
    497 posts Member
    Options
    Anyway, this has gone far enough. What's done is done.

Hahaha, OK we're all cool then.
  • RuYouWin
    58 posts Member
    Options
    Realy Instinct u cant play fair arent u? U need to exploid everything in the game? Buy everything, even the devs, get all Infos.. Tzz nr1 guild for Bug using congrat's. Feel free to copy combos from others and Feel happy to rush the raid Solo u are just jokes. Coordination for sure...
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options

You know it's an exploit. Which is why you asked to begin with. If you had to ask... then you should of known. I'm going to bed. I can't deal with this amount of self righteousness this late at night.

People ask permission before taking actions all the time. It does not automatically indicate some form of malicious intent, but merely a curiosity of whether or not something is allowable.

You've been accusing me/us of being morally corrupt and exploiting all night long and I'm the one who is self righteous? Oh boy... Good night.
This discussion has been closed.