Rewards Aayla Event *Dev Comment*

Replies

• Options
    Jedi sentinal rock throw #thumbsUp#

Jedi ackbar!
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    @Darthenstein quite correct and they are aware of that. It's still a terrible way to treat customers though, it isn't an outright con job but a rather distasteful money grab.

People shouldn't need to proof read each decision in a game, most people who 'knew better' only do so because they have been burned before. Just seems rather pathetic to try and deceive people into making a mistake.
  • Galdin_Wan
    589 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    warmonkey wrote: »
    Womp_Womp wrote: »
    Woofy_MC wrote: »
    Then why do they write that we can get up to 2 mill and up to 21 shards?! I srsly could go and sue EA because thats false information and I pay real money for the refreshes. That is a classified rip-off, because imagine you pay 50 Dollar for a game and they sent you only a dlc for the game instead of the one you wanted.

I actually think you are right. That is the definition of a switch and bait which is illegal. You can't advertise one thing and then sell another.

Impossible to get 2 mil in tier 3 without multiple refreshes which is not in the description of rewards and is contrary to all other events rewards that were advertised previously

It says possible, good luck in all your future endeavors without reading comprehension.

If I put out a contest where I advertise the winner could possibly win a lexus but then I do not give a way to actually win that lexus and people spend money based on the false advertising, then that is illegal. At least in the USA it is. I would assume that's also the case in other countries.

But hey if you want to spend money for a chance to win a "possible reward" and then find out that chance is actually zero to receive then more power to you. Personally I wouldn't do that.
    You don't personally have to have a way to win a Lexus, there just has to be a way for someone to possibly win a Lexus out of all the people entering the contest. The only way it's fraud is if there was never a possibility for anyone to win a Lexus under any circumstances.

If one player out of the thousands playing this game gets a 2M drop it's not false advertising.

• Sarryen
    474 posts Member
    Options
    @Darthenstein @Womp_Womp this is exactly the issue - it is NOT possible to receive 21 shards or 2 million credits which are both described as possible rewards.

if they mean 21 shards or 2 million credits from all possible refreshes then this is ambiguous and would be different to all the other challenges / battle reward displays which show the possible rewards from a single battle. hence at best it is misleading and inconsistent compared to all the other reward displays they have used.

However, I suspect this is a bug as was reported for the empire event and in fact we can only win 1-6 shards per battle. Hence, this may not be deliberate but the bug has caused people to spend real money based on misleading information. Hence a refund should be given.
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Then why do they write that we can get up to 2 mill and up to 21 shards?! I srsly could go and sue EA because thats false information and I pay real money for the refreshes. That is a classified rip-off, because imagine you pay 50 Dollar for a game and they sent you only a dlc for the game instead of the one you wanted.

I actually think you are right. That is the definition of a switch and bait which is illegal. You can't advertise one thing and then sell another.

I'm afraid it would be no case in court. Since it does not say anywhere that it guarantees that reward.

It does say Possible Reward down at the bottom.

But it is possible to win 2 mil?

Impossible to get 2 mil in tier 3 without multiple refreshes which is not in the description of rewards and is contrary to all other events rewards that were advertised previously

It says possible, good luck in all your future endeavors without reading comprehension.

If I put out a contest where I advertise the winner could possibly win a lexus but then I do not give a way to actually win that lexus and people spend money based on the false advertising, then that is illegal. At least in the USA it is. I would assume that's also the case in other countries.

But hey if you want to spend money for a chance to win a "possible reward" and then find out that chance is actually zero to receive then more power to you. Personally I wouldn't do that.

Where does it say that the chance is 0 %, when it in actuality says it's possible?

If it said Impossible then it would be 0 %.

Did anyone find 2 million? If so then I'm wrong
  • Options
    I would be very upset though if it said "2 million credits AND 25 Ayla Shards GUARANTEED" and not getting such.

Then you could have a case for the courts :smile:
  • Sarryen
    474 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    @EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera can someone clarify this please? Is it actually possible to win the displayed rewards in these battles? Or is there a display bug?

If the latter, can we expect a refund having spent crystals on something that was (at best) ambiguous and unclear, at worst misleading?
  • Options
    Sarryen wrote: »
    @Darthenstein @Womp_Womp this is exactly the issue - it is NOT possible to receive 21 shards or 2 million credits which are both described as possible rewards.

if they mean 21 shards or 2 million credits from all possible refreshes then this is ambiguous and would be different to all the other challenges / battle reward displays which show the possible rewards from a single battle. hence at best it is misleading and inconsistent compared to all the other reward displays they have used.

However, I suspect this is a bug as was reported for the empire event and in fact we can only win 1-6 shards per battle. Hence, this may not be deliberate but the bug has caused people to spend real money based on misleading information. Hence a refund should be given.

Unfortunately, i do not know IF it is possible or not (or at what rate / chance), i have not refreshed any, i am just saying it would be no case in the courts, it would hold no water.

Maybe there are some players that are vigilant enough to do some more testing?

Either way, if it said guaranteed, then you would have a case, and something to go on.

Now though, it would merely be a waste of time and resources if someone went to court with it :smile:

Hopefully there will be some kind of clarification before the event is over.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

i'm not sure that you are correct about that lexus example. There is a difference between a possibility that some lucky guy/girl will win a lexus, and a garantee that some lucky guy/girl is going to win a lexus. Both have the lexus as a possible reward, The first example is "RNG" IF someone is going to get lucky, the second one is "RNG" WHO is going to get lucky.
    I dont think either of those are illegal, atleast not in my country.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Sarryen
    474 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    @Darthenstein - it seems we can agree that it is unclear what the rewards on offer actually are. This in itself is not a good thing when people are spending real money.
  • Options
    My first assumption was that there is a low percentage of a chance that you actually CAN win a big prize, like a Jackpot.

Others have said though, that if you add up all the rewards together, you can (it is possible) reach up to the total that is shown.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    removed
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Fave
    96 posts Member
    Options
    The only problem I have with this event rewards is how they defined the possible to minimum rewards in the other events, which is 33% of the possible. We are seeing payouts in the range of 1-5%.
    Not consistent with how they protrayed possible rewards previously.
    Luckily I got 200k the 1st time, but 40k the next.
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I am working under the assumption that it is impossible to actually win 2 mil. So the lexus was an example of a prize that would actually never be awarded no matter what. So people would join a contest to win a possible prize that was actually impossible to win.

If it is possible to win 2 mil then my whole arguement is mute.
  • Seknos
    306 posts Member
    Options
    https://imageshack.com/i/pmlYMjsCp

Best reward ever, i am so glad i refreshed.
    For some reason i will not refresh again !!
  • Options
    Scam for your crystals
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    "How do we p off our customer base today Bill"
    "I know, let's scam the community but just enough so they get divided amongst themselves and fight it out amongst themselves"
    "Great idea Bill, divide and conquer!"

Just another day at work for a "respectable" company that has trouble informing their customers, because you know... it's hard to be fair when you see this much $$$$
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    In the beginning I had 28k, 11 Aayla and 1 mat.
    Then, I had 508k, 2 mats, 2 JC and 5 Aayla after refresh. ****?
    This is too good to be true...
  • Kurgen
    226 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    What a bunch of whingers. Don't refresh if you don't want to run the risk..... Unbelievable!!!
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    The only arguments I have seen in defence of this are 'ah well you should have known you were getting the wool pulled over your eyes' or 'I don't think you would win in a court of law'.
    Glowing praise for the developers lol
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    Ok these are drug dealer tactics. You know when a drug dealer gives someone heroin to get them liking it so they buy more, and then they're broke?

I only got a good number of Aayla shards the first time on all tiers. Refreshed and got junk. It doesn't say "A bunch of Aayla shards one time".

I'd like my 150 crystals back. This was very deceptive.
  • Seknos
    306 posts Member
    Options

I love the RNG especially if you refresh. Go to a restaurant order a meal you will either get a gourmet meal or some stale bread. Very interesting concept.
  • Options
    Tooltje wrote: »
    Yoo peopz.

So I finished the Aayla event and got 6, 5 and 4 Aayla shards.
    Now when I look at the possible rewards, it says I could get 2 million credits and 21 shards.
    This seems really odd. Is this true?
    dffzmx.png

This is the biggest load of garbage I've seen in gaming for some time. The fact the rewards are likely to be so much less than what is advertised as a possible reward is basically turning the game into gambling.

Never mind player enjoyment and fairness, let's just do all we can to make as much money as possible. EA you scum! You devise the game so that the possible rewards usually mimic closely what the actual pay outs will be, and yet for this one, just to entice people to spend crystals pointlessly, you boast huge rewards, that you don't deliver on.

If you want to play that morally corrupt route, then how about a disclaimer that this game involves gambling, or transparency about how ludicrous the odds are that we may actually receive what is advertised. After all, a large portion of regular players are in fact spending money for crystals, and that's what you're forcing people to use to gain the chance at these rewards, so it really is gambling!
  • Options
    One thing is certain though, everyone wants the drug/Aayla :smiley:

A very coveted Jedi indeed!
  • Options
    LeoRavus wrote: »
    Ok these are drug dealer tactics. You know when a drug dealer gives someone heroin to get them liking it so they buy more, and then they're broke?

Perfect definition of a Freemium game.
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Never mind I'd just like my 150 crystals back. lol
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    Options
    Seknos wrote: »

I love the RNG especially if you refresh. Go to a restaurant order a meal you will either get a gourmet meal or some stale bread. Very interesting concept.

Except you can't get that gourmet meal unless you order 10 meals minimum. So after buying ten meals you will have 1 gourmet meal which was impossible to receive when your first ordered.

So your possiblity of a gourmet meal is only possible by buying multiple meals that will eventually add up to that possible meal which was impossible to receive in your first order. Seems legit
  • Gforce
    15 posts Member
    Options
    The reward payout has to be bugged, or it is some oddball unknown formula with a base down in multiples of 4,6,or 7 with additional chance multiples to make the number bigger. Most of my credit rewards have been in the 24000 to 28000 range, in fact I got 28k credits twice in a row (75&100 refresh) the first 75 refresh in that series gave me 204000 credits. I also played 3 refreshes last night when the event went live before reset and got the 24k-28k range. Getting 24k or 28k once is pretty random out of a possible 2040000. Getting it twice in a row and seeing so many posts of low numbers, including a pic of someone else getting 28k makes it a lot less random. As far as shards and mats are concerned I've been getting 25%-50% of the advertised "possible" reward, whilst cash has been less than 2% of possible reward.
  • Seknos
    306 posts Member
    Options
    Seknos wrote: »

Except you can't get that gourmet meal unless you order 10 meals minimum. So after buying ten meals you will have 1 gourmet meal which was impossible to receive when your first ordered.

So your possiblity of a gourmet meal is only possible by buying multiple meals that will eventually add up to that possible meal which was impossible to receive in your first order. Seems legit

Lol, couldn't agree more !

• Arcaver
    317 posts Member
    Options
    Hellcat wrote: »
    It does say "Possible Rewards''. Emphasize on the word ''Possible''. A million to one chance is still possible.

The thing with the possible rewards is that it gives multiple rewards, saying it's possible to either get 12 shards of the Guardian, Consular or Aalya. Which means you COULD get one of these sets of 12, not 1 shard. If you're not going to be able to get all 12 of which ever character from this event, then it needs to be worded WAY better than it is right now. Like, "from 1 to 12 shards of X character" or "up to 12 shards."

It shows 12 even if you reset the event.
    #ReworkCaptialGamesPeopleSkills #StopIgnoringUsCG #CGCustomerSkillsWeakerThanAnakinsPowerAgainstTheHighGround
This discussion has been closed.