Poe Dameron is too powerful in Squad Arena. Nerf in the coming update?

Prev13456719
Poe has very fast speed,taunt for 2 turns and expose enemies. When u put him in a team with some high damage character(Rey, princess leia, tie pilot) or control character(old ben, vadar),u can quickly cripple ur enemy. Should EA nerf him in the coming update? If so, who can replace his position?

Replies

• Options
    This makes little sense. You want a character nerfed yet be replaced in functionality at the same time?
  • Options
    good joke :D
  • Options
    Sorry, my mistake. I think I didn't make my point clear. I mean this character is too strong, i have him in my team with 7*sidius, 7*dark,7*lumi and 5*rey or 5*duku or others. But i think he may be nerf in the coming version. So I am looking for advice on some fast and useful taunt member as alternative. Thx
  • Options
    Nerfing him isn't the answer. His expose skill doesn't always land; when it does it can be devastating; however, it is not only possible to survive the round that occurs, but also win the entire match. Take time to flesh out other units that could be an answer to him. Luminara works great with her ability block as well as her heal in response to being hit by him. Other fast units that can hit him to take him out, or even AoE units that disregard his taunt help to deal with him as well. Don't simply get upset at losing to him; look at what is going on and put the work in with character synergies to come up with a response. Almost nothing is truly over powered in this game; there are counters to pretty much everything. Oh yeah, try looking into Tenacity and then see what characters offer that as a leadership skill.
  • Options
    He isn't even close to being overpowered. The only reason he's viable in the first place is his speed.

You can dispel the taunt, you can stun him or ability block him, etc. Then he's a useless part of a team.
  • Options
    lawlearner wrote: »
    Sorry, my mistake. I think I didn't make my point clear. I mean this character is too strong, i have him in my team with 7*sidius, 7*dark,7*lumi and 5*rey or 5*duku or others. But i think he may be nerf in the coming version. So I am looking for advice on some fast and useful taunt member as alternative. Thx

What's a 7* dark?
  • Options
    Nerfing him isn't the answer. His expose skill doesn't always land; when it does it can be devastating; however, it is not only possible to survive the round that occurs, but also win the entire match. Take time to flesh out other units that could be an answer to him. Luminara works great with her ability block as well as her heal in response to being hit by him. Other fast units that can hit him to take him out, or even AoE units that disregard his taunt help to deal with him as well. Don't simply get upset at losing to him; look at what is going on and put the work in with character synergies to come up with a response. Almost nothing is truly over powered in this game; there are counters to pretty much everything. Oh yeah, try looking into Tenacity and then see what characters offer that as a leadership skill.

Luke (everyone) and aayla (jedi's only) are your tenacity leaders
  • Options
    old daka
  • Options
    Elyndria wrote: »

What's a 7* dark?

sorry. It's old daka
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    Options
    I also think he is a tad too good with his speed, taunt, debuff and self heal. He however got very low damage and seldom lands criticals. I don't think he will be nerfed if there are new characters that will balance him out.
  • Options
    I haven't checked out every fact or detail about him but he's OP. I probably would lose against him so he's OP. Please use the nerf hammer EA NOOOWWW

Another this toon is OP thread. Excellent
  • Elyndria
    482 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    SaVaGeTnK wrote: »
    I haven't checked out every fact or detail about him but he's OP. I probably would lose against him so he's OP. Please use the nerf hammer EA NOOOWWW

Another this toon is OP thread. Excellent
    That was obviously sarcasm lol

Edit: Just realized you changed the quote lmao
  • revengeoftheewok
    214 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Why would you want to nerf an essential piece that f2p players can farm to use to compete with pay to win guys? dummy.
    Pay to win-The biggest whiners on this board.
  • Options
    2 weeks ago people were complaining about Phasma being better.
  • Options
    xJazzx wrote: »
    I also think he is a tad too good with his speed, taunt, debuff and self heal. He however got very low damage and seldom lands criticals. I don't think he will be nerfed if there are new characters that will balance him out.

Self heal?
  • Yuri
    173 posts Member
    Options
    People asking for Poe to be nerfed, I've seen everything now.
  • Options
    No, I really hope this is just a weak attempt to troll.

Can we just get a "Please Nerf" area of the Forum?

This is getting ludicrous.
  • revengeoftheewok
    214 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Probably an undercover pay to win player upset that Poe can be really good with the right synergy. They want us to have less options, might as well just give us f2p players only consular, talia, chewie, jawa and ewok scout right?
    Pay to win-The biggest whiners on this board.
  • Options
    pay2win wrote: »
    2 weeks ago people were complaining about Phasma being better.

Exactly. These threads seem like they will be endless - not sure there's hope it will ever subside. We still get Dooku threads :(

It's actually a downer to come on here and see this constant parade of bad information and instigation to nerf units.

@OP - if you worry that Poe will get nerfed and still want early turn meter advantage go get First Order Officer. Poe is definitely beatable and shouldn't be nerfed. He has quite low damage to balance out. You can also just use a team comprised of faster toons than Poe and kill him first. Sid, Dooku, Rey, and Leia will all move before Mr. Poe. QGJ is an option also that rivals him in speed as is FOO as mentioned above. Another good taunt option would be Han, but he's not nearly as fast.

Just don't agree that because something can be used to be very powerful that it is in need of a nerf. Always remember when you're in control of something and you're facing the AI toons will seem extremely powerful in many cases.

• Options
    @JohnnySteelAlpha nice post. Keep in mind that if you don't have the right tools there are a myriad of teams / characters that will feel OP.
  • Options
    Poe is far from op, without a specific team he is actually a useless character. He only has his place in a glass cannon team.

The idea about nerfing poe is either joke or troll.
  • Options
    His health isn't high enough for him to even be a threat, unless he starts scaling stats differently at 6* or 7*. I take down 5* poe so easily I never even considered using him.
  • Options
    thx for ur advice,guys. I think I can continue use him with no worries
  • Pilot
    470 posts Member
    Options
    The only problem with Poe is he makes Han irrelevant. Buff Han!
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Options
    Buff @EA_Jesse and nerf @CG_JohnSalera, he's too OP
  • Options
    He isn't even close to being overpowered. The only reason he's viable in the first place is his speed.

You can dispel the taunt, you can stun him or ability block him, etc. Then he's a useless part of a team.

^ sums up main points, u use him for his speed. Qgj or dooku(if stun lands) will disable him
  • Mtwizard
    48 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Poe is faster than any other tanks.
    I think it cause problem.
    He is in top 5 speed in whole toons with max gear.
    It seems that he can handle each pvp match with high speed.
    No other tank can replace him.
    But I can beat him if my all toons can stand after first turn.
    Maybe I got 20% chance to pound him.
    So if it should be nerfed, just -1~10 speed or not.
    Other features is ok.
    In fact, he has more agility than strength.
    So he got low hp. He should get agrresive points more and more.
    Not tanky.
    Actually, Poe can beat other tanks with only speed.
    He is really one who can ahieve #1. Tank now.
    I want Ea gives us more variations.
    For example, any toon can decrease enermies speed 20~30 with max skill lev.
    If we can control fighting arear:pvp, we got interested in Swgoh. Not one toon.

But!!
    Not whining boy.
    He has both cons and pros.

• Skye
    795 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    QGJ is your best friend when it comes to Poe...

AS a non leader he acts right after Poe assuming he isn't hit too hard by the turn meter reduction... what this means is if you hit Poe with QGJ's debuff move, it'll remove Poe's taunt... and BAM, you suddenly buffed your team's offense.. Not only have you removed Poe's taunt, you given yourself one heck of an advantage against the enemy team if have tanky moderate damage characters...

Poe doesn't have a lot of health for a tank, and most people who use Poe, use him to protect slower moving glass canons. Because of your offence buff from QGJ, even a weak AOE like that from Kylo ren has suddenly become quite dangerious

Only problem is, QGJ is a pay only character currently
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options

Good luck with the stuns and ability blocks with his +35%? tenacity. I tried that with Dooku a few times and it has never once landed. He is to fast to ability block with say Luminara, assuming that could bypass his tenacity. I find Poe to be challenging.
  • ZarAzi
    249 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    OP......why.....