Poe Dameron is too powerful in Squad Arena. Nerf in the coming update?

Replies

• Options
    Let's nerf Lumi too since she's a hard hitting f2p chars! Please devs, only give us ewok scouts and royal guards as an option!
  • Options
    Nerf Yoda! Oh wait, I have to save that one
  • Options
    Skye wrote: »
    QGJ is your best friend when it comes to Poe...

AS a non leader he acts right after Poe assuming he isn't hit too hard by the turn meter reduction... what this means is if you hit Poe with QGJ's debuff move, it'll remove Poe's taunt... and BAM, you suddenly buffed your team's offense.. Not only have you removed Poe's taunt, you given yourself one heck of an advantage against the enemy team if have tanky moderate damage characters...

Poe doesn't have a lot of health for a tank, and most people who use Poe, use him to protect slower moving glass canons. Because of your offence buff from QGJ, even a weak AOE like that from Kylo ren has suddenly become quite dangerious

Only problem is, QGJ is a pay only character currently

And there he was...emerging from the dustbin...Mace Windu!

• ZarAzi
    249 posts Member
    Options
    Everything about this is such a mess. Gosh....dooku save us all.................
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

AS a non leader he acts right after Poe assuming he isn't hit too hard by the turn meter reduction... what this means is if you hit Poe with QGJ's debuff move, it'll remove Poe's taunt... and BAM, you suddenly buffed your team's offense.. Not only have you removed Poe's taunt, you given yourself one heck of an advantage against the enemy team if have tanky moderate damage characters...

Poe doesn't have a lot of health for a tank, and most people who use Poe, use him to protect slower moving glass canons. Because of your offence buff from QGJ, even a weak AOE like that from Kylo ren has suddenly become quite dangerious

Poe has very high tenacity which means that mace or other debuffers like qui-gon jinn will have a hard time debuffing his taunt.

Besides, mace is super slow,according to http://www.swgohcantina.com/character-max-stat/
    Sort according to speed and he's one of the slowest in the group.

This implies that the sequence of attack would be poe taunting first,the rest of your characters going after poe, and then mace going last to dispel. This is awful since the damage is already done. Poe has successfully managed to force the rest of your characters to focus on him instead of their dps while their dps focus fire on your dps.

I don't think poe is overpowered.He has a lousy attack and the only thing going for him seems to be his speed and his occasionally good expose. But I certainly think the combination of poe taunt +glass cannons is too strong.

What EA/CG needs to do is to make taunt 100% dispellable(ignoring tenacity/evasion etc). They also need to introduce f2p toons that are slightly slower than poe but faster than most other toons so that the dispell comes after the taunt but before the other characters take action.

I've heard other solutions like using dooku to stun, but are people seriously pinning their hopes on a 40% stun?The odds are still stacked against the dooku user.Furthermore, dooku is hard to shard up, which limits his end-game viability to people who are either incredibly lucky or p2w

As mentioned by others, QGJ is a chromium only toon that is not accessible to the f2p crowd. Suggest something that the f2p crowd can use to counter a f2p character please.Not everyone is willing to shell a thousand bucks for a 7*QGJ
    Post edited by Zekex on
  • pay2win
    624 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Zekex wrote: »

Poe has very high tenacity which means that mace or other debuffers like qui-gon jinn will have a hard time debuffing his taunt.

Besides, mace is super slow,according to http://www.swgohcantina.com/character-max-stat/

This implies that the sequence of attack would be poe taunting first,the rest of your characters going after poe, and then mace going last to dispel. This is awful since the damage is already done. Poe has successfully managed to force the rest of your characters to focus on him instead of their dps while their dps focus fire on your dps.

I don't think poe is overpowered.He has a lousy attack and the only thing going for him seems to be his speed and his occasionally good expose. But I certainly think the combination of poe taunt +glass cannons is too strong.

What EA/CG needs to do is to make taunt 100% dispellable(ignoring tenacity/evasion etc). They also need to introduce f2p toons that are slightly slower than poe but faster than most other toons so that the dispell comes after the taunt but before the other characters take action.

I've heard other solutions like using dooku to stun, but are people seriously pinning their hopes on a 40% stun?The odds are still stacked against the dooku user.Furthermore, dooku is hard to shard up, which limits his end-game viability to people who are either incredibly lucky or p2w

As mentioned by others, QGJ is a chromium only toon that is not accessible to the f2p crowd. Suggest something that the f2p crowd can use to counter a f2p character please.Not everyone is willing to shell a thousand bucks for a 7*QGJ

Rebel team with Ackbar lead
    Edit: Ackbar/Han/Luke/Biggs/Phasma will burn through Poe pretty quick
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks I'll keep that in mind when I try to counter poe

• Options
    Kappa
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Options

Mace doesn't act directly after Poe that's his downside, but QGJ is only one point slower than Poe in speed. same reason with Ventress except she's even worse, she's even slower and thus won't counter Poe's taunt quick enough before the rest of Poe's team has done the damage they need to
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    Options
    pay2win wrote: »

Rebel team with Ackbar lead
    Edit: Ackbar/Han/Luke/Biggs/Phasma will burn through Poe pretty quick

This is still way too much for the average f2p player to grind. Grind 5 characters just to counter a poe team?

We have ability block,heal immunity,stuns etc against healers like luminara.All you need to do is farm 1-2 characters max with those abilities/specials to counter luminara.Even aoe teams require 1-2 characters with counter.Point is we rarely have to overhaul the entire team just to counter a combo.

Stuns from dooku are percentage-based and aren't a reliable,consistent answer to poe.
    Ability blocks/dispels usually don't work because poe is too fast and has high potency.

From a f2p perspective, it's nonsensical to spend months building a rebel roster to a decent level/gear level/star just to counter a single character, only to have it rendered obsolete when new updates/units/balance changes come out. Doesn't it make more sense to introduce a new character to counter the taunt instead of overhauling the entire roster? At the very least it doesn't force an all-or-nothing roster development choice for the f2p crowd

The combination is OP not because there are no counters. It is OP because there is a small variety of options available to the f2p crowd.

• ZarAzi
    249 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Asajj Ventress has dispel and I've managed to kick Poe's badonkadong with her. A droid squad with Poe on my ladder dominated but when you throw in Han Datcha Jawa Sid and Asajj (ALL OF WHICH ARE F2P BTW) it's easy peasy from there on. So People please.....

STOP IT with the f nerfcry. ESPECIALLY if you happen to be in the mid level range. I cannot imagine how worst this whining will be once the level cap increases. Your galactic wars will basically be impossible to clear with all the level 70s around and when that happens Yall are gonna scream blasphemy because lord forbid you lose and this whining will continue once more and once Bespin Luke is out. (JEDIS ARE TOO STRONG OMG) yoy guys might actually start writing petitions. Just yall wait and see.
  • Options
    it's kinda fun to see everyone complains about chewie being too slow to be a tank
    ok now there is a fast tank and someone complains about poe being too fast
  • ZarAzi
    249 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    This place used to be so much more mature, constructive, and receptive back then....Now it's just making me mad af. So. NO. I don't find any of these whining and complaining "fun". Devs and Mods better not buy into these nerfcries and they better prioritize on the real issues and bugs. Their credibility is on the line. Please be reminded.
  • Options
    I keep hearing ppl say if you face dooku Phasma Sid or tank just stun them all. Is it a joke? Although I know the priority but it is still a joke
  • Options
    Zekex wrote: »

good point!
  • Options
    Zekex wrote:I don't think poe is overpowered.He has a lousy attack and the only thing going for him seems to be his speed and his occasionally good expose. But I certainly think the combination of poe taunt +glass cannons is too strong.

I can't agree with u more!
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    I agree with @ZarAzi, I'm gonna try and stay away from stingy topics like this. I wanna make a stop the nerf petition!
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    ZarAzi wrote: »
    This place used to be so much more mature, constructive, and receptive back then....Now it's just making me mad af. So. NO. I don't find any of these whining and complaining "fun". Devs and Mods better not buy into these nerfcries and they better prioritize on the real issues and bugs. Their credibility is on the line. Please be reminded.

This. Threads are just becoming more toxic and toxic. The fact that people are always asking for nerfs and mostly never point out the characters that actually need a buff or tweak shows how many people pop up here in rage after losing with underdevelop teams or no strategies.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    pay2win wrote: »
    2 weeks ago people were complaining about Phasma being better.

Exactly. These threads seem like they will be endless - not sure there's hope it will ever subside. We still get Dooku threads :(

It's actually a downer to come on here and see this constant parade of bad information and instigation to nerf units.

@OP - if you worry that Poe will get nerfed and still want early turn meter advantage go get First Order Officer. Poe is definitely beatable and shouldn't be nerfed. He has quite low damage to balance out. You can also just use a team comprised of faster toons than Poe and kill him first. Sid, Dooku, Rey, and Leia will all move before Mr. Poe. QGJ is an option also that rivals him in speed as is FOO as mentioned above. Another good taunt option would be Han, but he's not nearly as fast.

Just don't agree that because something can be used to be very powerful that it is in need of a nerf. Always remember when you're in control of something and you're facing the AI toons will seem extremely powerful in many cases.

I always LOL at Dooku threads. It's a mid level complaint and its hilarious when one of these guys faces some of the crazy late game teams that have NO Dooku
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Kabbage wrote: »
    Nerf Yoda! Oh wait, I have to save that one

No bro, you are just a visionary. I'm almost certain Yoda must be nerfed now before its too late.
  • Options
    What about that Ugnaught nerf?? That's the killer....
  • Options
    No nerf needed. His normal attack isn't that great - I use him in arena, but sometimes save his taunt/expose depending on how the first few attacks resolve (hit/miss). Expose is amazing when it lands on (most) everyone and you get a nice AOE to follow it up, but if you don't down a character or two before they start attacking Poe, he's out.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    According to forum the following needs to be nerfed:
    Asajj, Poe, FoTP, Lumi, Sid, Dooku, Leia (tho broken), Kylo Ren, Rey, DM, QGJ and I'm sure I forget a few )like half the roster prolly).
    If we have to take em all serious, might as well make a static game where everyone hits for 1k dmg and no dodge, resist, stun, ability blocks and buffs. Worst game ever.

The thing that's most hilarious aren't even the nerf cries. It's the RNG was bad for me so I rant on forum about it and hope devs will increase the chances.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    Asajj, Poe, FoTP, Lumi, Sid, Dooku, Leia (tho broken), Kylo Ren, Rey, DM, QGJ and I'm sure I forget a few )like half the roster prolly).
    If we have to take em all serious, might as well make a static game where everyone hits for 1k dmg and no dodge, resist, stun, ability blocks and buffs. Worst game ever.

The thing that's most hilarious aren't even the nerf cries. It's the RNG was bad for me so I rant on forum about it and hope devs will increase the chances.

If all that is done then Teebo will be OP
  • Otar
    252 posts Member
    Options
    SaVaGeTnK wrote: »

If all that is done then Teebo will be OP

Only if Teebo wasn't bugged
  • Mizo
    172 posts Member
    Options
    Since pvp is all about doing damage and Poo Dameron does almost none you shouldn't even put him in arena. My team will either remove his taunt or just 1/2shot him.
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

This thread is starting to get filled with people who either
    1) do not read the valid points I put across and respond them accordingly
    2)did not read the suggestions I put across as constructive feedback
    3)try to sidetrack the discussion with irrelevant stuff

If you are one of those people who can't read more than 5 lines of text,tries to derail the discussion, or downplays anything with a negative vibe, stop reading and do not respond to my post.

2)I did an in-depth analysis of what's wrong with the poe-glass cannon combo and unlike others, noted that it was the combination, rather than the character itself that was the problem. I even noted the lack of non-chromium characters and consistent answers to the combination and suggested introducing some characters and tweaks to alleviate the problem.All these instead of asking for a nerf on poe. Isn't this considered as constructive feedback? Analyzing the root cause of the problem and giving constructive suggestions?

A lot of you are really new to the rts genre.Reading between the lines, some of you think that OP means that there are no counters for that particular set-up. That is not true. Take a rts game like starcraft for example. There are plenty of counters for every single starcraft unit. But why is it that at the launch of a new starcraft expansion, there are still OP units/strategies? This is because that particular strategy/setup

a) limits the viability of other strategies by being able to beat most except for a few particular setups.This eventually results in a decrease in viable strategies leading to a stagnation of gameplay

b)requires an all-in setup to counter. That usually means that you probably have to do something drastic to counter it. For example sacrifice building of resource collectors/buildings/only produce an army/halt all other production/only produce a particular unit/etc. If your all-in fails, the game is pretty much lost at that point. some of the solutions in this forum are very all-in.Like relying on a 40% stun on dooku. What happens if you fail the stun?Or an all-in development of a team just to counter the combination.A huge time investment that could take months to gear and level from scratch.

c)takes advantage of a specific timing window where the opponent cannot muster enough units to defend with,unless he was already doing a build specifically tailored to counter the strategy/combination
    Most of us are invested in non-faction related builds. overhauling the entire team would require people to abandon development of their entire team, drop arena rank unless they already have a deep roster, and start from scratch to build a synergized team.

When a particular combination/strategy meets some of the above conditions, it is OP, and the devs for starcraft will attempt to balance the problem by buffing/nerfing. OP doesn't mean no counters.

Btw, the reason why ventress and mace do not work is because of their slow speed and poe's tenacity.Even if you dispel on your turn, the damage is already done since most of your characters have been taunted by poe

You're providing zero relevant discussion to the points i raised, and trying to sidetrack the discussion with irrelevant details to other issues. I did not ask for poe to be nerfed. Did you read more than 5 lines of my original post?

What rng? Have you read any of the posts?Reading one line doesn't count. Reading the entire post and comprehending it counts. Huge emphasis on comprehending the post. A poorly disguised attempt to derail the discussion and rant on things that you're concerned with.
    Post edited by Zekex on
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Mizo wrote: »
    Since pvp is all about doing damage and Poo Dameron does almost none you shouldn't even put him in arena. My team will either remove his taunt or just 1/2shot him.

The sequence of damage matters too, doesn't it? Poe provides utility to the team through expose and buys time for dps to work their magic. If attack was all that matters why not set up your team with the highest dps characters and nothing else. no healers, ability blockers, stunners, tanks,buffers,debuffers etc.Pure dps only.How do you think your team would fare?

When would your team remove the taunt? How sure are you of removing the taunt?Are you talking about chromium-only toons that should never be factored in game balance discussions?How sure are you of attacking before his dps does? What if his dps attacks you first and clears some of your dps that were designated to take out poe?Would you have sufficient dps characters to kill poe and kill the remaining dps the opponent has before he does the same to you?

A generic comment doesn't solve anything.

I provided a mature, constructive discussion and and laid out the points on why the combination was strong. You were either not receptive, or just didn't bother to read the posts.you should be mad af at yourself for going against the principles you stood for, or at least you thought you did.

Feedback does not necessary have to be fun,it is there to raise awareness of bugs/imbalances to the playerbase and hopefully the devs.So anything that isn't fun to read isn't worth bothering? How about ignoring a epidemic warning on a location you are about to travel to for holiday? How is that working out for you?

Second, I did not ask for a nerf.I posted constructive suggestions which you were not receptive to.
    So, just because you are more concerned with bugs means the devs should look after you first, and not be bothered with other issues because it isn't important to you? The entitlement is strong in this one, I see
    Post edited by Zekex on
  • Options
    OMG seriously you are gonna have a cry about a character you can't beat? Figure it out, he's not hard to defeat

Sidenote: Out of the 2 free characters Poe and Phasma, I didn't understand why everyone thought Phasma was good, Poe is clearly the better choice. And now that he's starting to shine I'm PVP people are calling for the nerf bat because they struggle lol
    seriously devs? GW refresh change was a low blow for more $$$
  • Options
    SlyBeats wrote: »
    OMG seriously you are gonna have a cry about a character you can't beat? Figure it out, he's not hard to defeat

Sidenote: Out of the 2 free characters Poe and Phasma, I didn't understand why everyone thought Phasma was good, Poe is clearly the better choice. And now that he's starting to shine I'm PVP people are calling for the nerf bat because they struggle lol

Poe and phasma fill two different purposes. I wouldn't say one is dramatically better than the other except that phasma can be faster to farm if you clear GW.

Also, there are plenty of ways to counter Poe. If anything his survivability needs a buff. His expose isn't reliable and thus is speed taunt is his shining feature.

Phasma is great in many comps, even pairs with Poe decently. Her extra attacks, turn meter and control are great. She is balanced by a bad attack unless advantages.