Poe Dameron is too powerful in Squad Arena. Nerf in the coming update?

Replies

• Rutank
    409 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Xceptor wrote: »
    Since the Poe's became a frequent of the top 20 slots on my server, I struggled hard to be able to get top places. I actually stopped trying to beat the #1-#3 placements guys/gals there since I had zero chance. Usual game would be me shooting with maybe 1 -2 toons, enemy Poe firing up, then I would lose 2-3 characters and the game, especially if they had phasma. Refreshing fights had no effect since I was losing badly anyway.

BUT

I got Poe at 6* and geared up. Now I take #1-#2 spots most of the days the past week.

BUT

I dont enjoy the fights anymore! Its just a roll of dice! If my Poe fires first, I win 100%. If enemy Poe fires first, I sometimes win but its like 1/6 games max. I dont feel theres any kind of tactical thinking or strategy because when my Poe fires first, enemy team gets decimated (even though top spots are people are higher level than me (still at 68).
    So, in unlucky streaks of going second, I refresh battles and when the RNG gets on my Poe's side, I can reach my targets (1#-2# rank)

Hmm, Poe isnt strong really. It just delegates the game into a RNG roll. His mechanic of turn removal destroys my enjoyment of feeling that I won because of my deck building (aka heroe line up and synergy) and tactical play

So, yea, even though I spend the better part of last month on rushing to get POE to a decent 143 speed /6* level, I dont think POE turn removal ability is good for the game. It certainly isnt good for my enjoyment of Arena fights even though I hit the top spots at my local 6 o clock.

my 3 cents

use heavy aoe, like droids. If you have poggle + kylo+sid+vader+ asaj or lum healer. That basically turns their team into a 1 turn joke.

I guess you need things spelled out for you just like 90% of the forums users.
  • Options
    lawlearner wrote: »
    Poe has very fast speed,taunt for 2 turns and expose enemies. When u put him in a team with some high damage character(Rey, princess leia, tie pilot) or control character(old ben, vadar),u can quickly cripple ur enemy. Should EA nerf him in the coming update? If so, who can replace his position?

you're a noob, your brain needs a buff.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    I do not have Poe, but I have surrendered. I'm farming him right now.
  • Options
    Firstly, this isn't a thread complaining about Poe being OP becaue I'm benefitting from him being so. But he 100% is OP. Look at the images below, you'll see that my team aren't even fully leveled up, you'll see that the opposition I'm facing are all a few levels and a few thousand power ahead of me, but you will also see that I managed to finish 1st in arena and there's one reason for that; his name is Poe.

My team has great synergy, I run with Poggle as leader, 86, 88, Geo Soldier and Poe. But whilst that's a decent team on paper, it wouldn't be strong enough to compete with the top 10 on my server without Poe reducing the oppositions turn meters and taking the hits which keep my squishy droid team alive. Even at 4* Poe is the most important hero in my roster. I finished top 10 for 3 consecutive weeks, then the revPoelution began and suddenly I couldn't even break the top 20 for a week, but since I got Poe to 4* I've easily made the top 10 and today for the first time I decided to spend 50 crystals on a refresh and I managed to finish first. Now tell me, should a team of much lower level and power be able to do that or could it be that Poe actually is OP?

Whether they nerf him or not, I'm fine either way. But I want what's best for the game and the community and if that means nerfing a hero in use then so be it.

YmR78pL.jpg
    MANtd30.jpgrChRL5M.jpg6sCdI4a.jpg

lol no his name is poggle, i think you got it wrong. Notice how everyone is using poggle in your server? lol
  • Options
    DelCastles wrote: »
    I am actually suprised by this thread. Compared to Chewie, Poe dies super quick. Yes Chewie doesn't have expose but at lvl 70 he has 100% revive health twice.

At high level teams when Chewy taunts, he may very well be only char alive. Thus, we don't care that Poe dies. Actually, we are glad the OTHER chars didn't die, and went first.

• Options
    Thus, we don't care that Poe dies. Actually, we are glad the OTHER chars didn't die, and went first.

and Poe death = Sid heal. I can live with that very well.

ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    Triqui wrote: »

don't give in!
    mighty chlorians
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options

Farm him. He's viable at 4* when geared.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    Telaan wrote: »

'noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'
    but really, do what makes you happiest.
    mighty chlorians
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    reizse wrote: »
    Telaan wrote: »

'noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'
    but really, do what makes you happiest.

Lol. I feel you. But he really is worth it.
  • Options
    4* you say? Hmm, seems worth it then even if he gets nerfed.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    4* you say? Hmm, seems worth it then even if he gets nerfed.

Yup, 4* at 143 speed is fine. He's just a meatshield who manipulates the turn metering giving your DPS hiding behind him time to nuke.
  • Will_Cocishuge
    545 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    my 3 cents[/quote]

use heavy aoe, like droids. If you have poggle + kylo+sid+vader+ asaj or lum healer. That basically turns their team into a 1 turn joke.

I guess you need things spelled out for you just like 90% of the forums users.
    [/quote]

No offense but you have no clue what you are talking about while you insult the original poster. I have every one of those you suggested lvl 69 geared to max and it's a low % win. In fact check this image to show you how 1st round ends up. I got 1 Sid move before 2 Poggie/Sid were wiped out. All I did next was sub in Poe for Vader and I wiped them out in 2 easy rounds.

http://imgur.com/a/FCnT2
  • Remorhaz
    149 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'm still trying to figure out why the devs thought rolling taunt, speed down and expose into one activation was a sane thing for any character lol. im not investing heavily in Poe because I cannot imagine people continuing to pay money when their entire investment in the game has been reduced to an rng roll from a character most ppl got for free. Close your wallets and Poe will be changed real quick.
  • Options
    Remorhaz wrote: »
    I'm still trying to figure out why the devs thought rolling taunt, speed down and expose into one activation was a sane thing for any character lol. im not investing heavily in Poe because I cannot imagine people continuing to pay money when their entire investment in the game has been reduced to an rng roll from a character most ppl got for free. Close your wallets and Poe will be changed real quick.

I believe every new character introduction will include an OP player or two so we are constantly on the grind to achieve and level keeping money flowing. Rebel Luke becomes irrelevant when Jedi Luke is available and will have better stats to go with
  • Options
    Rutank wrote: »
    Firstly, this isn't a thread complaining about Poe being OP becaue I'm benefitting from him being so. But he 100% is OP. Look at the images below, you'll see that my team aren't even fully leveled up, you'll see that the opposition I'm facing are all a few levels and a few thousand power ahead of me, but you will also see that I managed to finish 1st in arena and there's one reason for that; his name is Poe.

My team has great synergy, I run with Poggle as leader, 86, 88, Geo Soldier and Poe. But whilst that's a decent team on paper, it wouldn't be strong enough to compete with the top 10 on my server without Poe reducing the oppositions turn meters and taking the hits which keep my squishy droid team alive. Even at 4* Poe is the most important hero in my roster. I finished top 10 for 3 consecutive weeks, then the revPoelution began and suddenly I couldn't even break the top 20 for a week, but since I got Poe to 4* I've easily made the top 10 and today for the first time I decided to spend 50 crystals on a refresh and I managed to finish first. Now tell me, should a team of much lower level and power be able to do that or could it be that Poe actually is OP?

Whether they nerf him or not, I'm fine either way. But I want what's best for the game and the community and if that means nerfing a hero in use then so be it.

YmR78pL.jpg
    MANtd30.jpgrChRL5M.jpg6sCdI4a.jpg

lol no his name is poggle, i think you got it wrong. Notice how everyone is using poggle in your server? lol

Everyone being 2 people? Good one ;)
  • Options
    Most of top 10 players have POE.
    And my squad cannot do anything before reduced to 1/3. There is no chance to attack.

Any combinations of squad with Poe teams are same patterns.
    Even the opponent's power is lower than me about 2000+.

So, am I must have Poe?
    No. Poe must be nerf.
    If I must have to farm Poe, it is deninitely destroy the diversity of squad combinations.
  • Options
    These threads about nerfing Poe sadden me. I think they should buff other characters so they can counter Poe rather than nerfing him.

They recently released Gui Gon Jinn F2P. Before P2W players were using Qui Gon to counter Poe by getting rid of his taunt. I get Poe usually goes first, but I have seen times where this is not the case and you can stun him or use dispels before or to get rid of the taunt.

They will probably nerf him because people always complain about this problem, but when they release new characters the meta is bound to change anyway. The reason why I wouldn't want him nerfed is because then he'll probably become a bad taunting character, and the other two characters that taunt aren't that great to begin with
  • Options
    18909d1405839800-seat-upgrade-oh-no-not-again-thumb-jpg
  • Options
    As far as I know Dooku is the fastest character released thus far, with Leia right behind him. Why not try to use Dooku's stun ability on Poe and then take it from there.
  • Options
    As far as I know Dooku is the fastest character released thus far, with Leia right behind him. Why not try to use Dooku's stun ability on Poe and then take it from there.

Guide to Beating Galactic War from Team Instinct
    TeamInstinct.net -- Community Site and Home to Team Instinct
  • Options
    These threads about nerfing Poe sadden me. I think they should buff other characters so they can counter Poe rather than nerfing him.

They recently released Gui Gon Jinn F2P. Before P2W players were using Qui Gon to counter Poe by getting rid of his taunt. I get Poe usually goes first, but I have seen times where this is not the case and you can stun him or use dispels before or to get rid of the taunt.

They will probably nerf him because people always complain about this problem, but when they release new characters the meta is bound to change anyway. The reason why I wouldn't want him nerfed is because then he'll probably become a bad taunting character, and the other two characters that taunt aren't that great to begin with

I advise you to read up on the issue if you don't want to wait for the patchnotes. Without releasing a hardcounter (for example a leadership ability that gives your team turnmeter whenever an opponent reduces turnmeter) it's not easy to balance Poe with his current skill toolkit. That reduction in turnmeter to the entire enemy team needs to go from his taunt, to be replaced by something else. Either a weaker version or another mechanic. Myself I'd prefer something to tie into either his exposes or foresight. If you want something similar then turnmeter boost to your team works as well.
  • Options
    I am tired of telling "new players" why poe is op...when you guys reach lv70 and become first 3 in your server, you will know what I am talking about. :)
  • Options
    Never farm a current meta character with an update inbound you will regret it especially since cantina tokens are so valuable. You should instead be thinking of furture team synergies that can be viable. Just my 2 cents
  • Options
    Nerfing him isn't the answer. His expose skill doesn't always land; when it does it can be devastating; however, it is not only possible to survive the round that occurs, but also win the entire match. Take time to flesh out other units that could be an answer to him. Luminara works great with her ability block as well as her heal in response to being hit by him. Other fast units that can hit him to take him out, or even AoE units that disregard his taunt help to deal with him as well. Don't simply get upset at losing to him; look at what is going on and put the work in with character synergies to come up with a response. Almost nothing is truly over powered in this game; there are counters to pretty much everything. Oh yeah, try looking into Tenacity and then see what characters offer that as a leadership skill.

The point.

Your head.
  • Options
    I for one expect no nerf. We had a very complicated situation with Barris, and a lot of high end team say they can crush Poe even when he goes first.

If the devs are by any chance reading the forums, I'd expect meta to drift slowly and safely as different char combis start to seem OP.

I had shared that the damage to HP rate balance is a bit out of hands. Maybe tune up defense or give all chars a little HP boost of 10%. Having fewer chars dead on turn 1 can really create more viable strategies than nerfing a very hard to neft guy that hard his shards as part of the most expensive bundle.

Why risk a massive refund process? I had become angry at Poe, but the HP to dmg rate at level 67-70 is causing this, not Poe.

Also tonthe sroid team poster, without Poe your Droid team does nothing. Remove IG-88 before he lands his AoE and tou are most surely and single handedly going to lose that game, every time.