Poe Dameron is too powerful in Squad Arena. Nerf in the coming update?

Replies

• Options
    Wait wait lmao I gotta reply to you I am sorry but it's not a matter of will or will not I can't provide any proof as I have no capability to do so and I'm willing to bet most people are complaining about poe are f2p and not at level 60+ most are around my level and I'm not far behind lol also it doesn't matter what level you are the game works the same all the way through the only difference is you get better characters meaning no matter how much you level up or what gear you have the thing that really changes the game and experience are the characters used

This just proves you don't get it. Poe gains a lot of speed from the last parts of his gear VII and VIII.
    When Poe goes first, your whole team goes first. When I face the #1 on my server the battle is won or lost the 1st second. Does my poe go first or does his poe go first...
    I don't want the poe nerf, cause I got poe. But he seems a bit unbalanced.
  • Options
    Wait wait lmao I gotta reply to you I am sorry but it's not a matter of will or will not I can't provide any proof as I have no capability to do so and I'm willing to bet most people are complaining about poe are f2p and not at level 60+ most are around my level and I'm not far behind lol also it doesn't matter what level you are the game works the same all the way through the only difference is you get better characters meaning no matter how much you level up or what gear you have the thing that really changes the game and experience are the characters used

Ok prove that you cannot show proof becaus of your device and not because you are lying...oh wait.... I just don't get how you can be so hypocritical as to demand proof from one of the more respected members of the forums who makes guides and stuff when he makes a claim that benefits him in no way whilst knowing full well you are completely unable to provide any proof for a single point you have ever made on these forums.

People at level 50 are not the ones complaining about Poe. It is his level 70 stats that are unreasonable as you would have gathered if you had actually read what people wrote In This thread. The game does not work the same be whole way through. stats change in a non linear pattern, else everybody would be the same the whe way through, so some characters spike and peak at different levels to others, but in a game like this there is only point in discussing balance at endgame, the point in which you can no longer advance any further with character development.
  • Options
    No I believe it's the opposite you don't understand that even at this lower level poe still goes first and does every the same I have only been playing for a little over 2 weeks and for you people that have been playing for the beginning you think it's a difference because poe is at a high level but poe came out later in the game so you had to make him a high level before you could use him and right now people are using him in their teams on the newer lower levels and he does the exact same thing but I don't have a problem with him now if I ran into one of these teams with poe/Leia/kylo/rey/phasma I probably would get beat but look at my characters sidious/jc/Chewbacca/phasma/talia not too good right so I know its not because op/broken characters is because they have a better team.
  • Options
    If that makes any sense then you will understand it's not because any one of these characters are op/broken these teams are dominating because poe taunt goes extremely well with the glass cannons and there are a lot of them because people copy them people copy each other because it's just easier than finding their own strategy
  • Options
    5) He survives in the movie without dying.

Are SPOILER ALERTS required about a Star Wars movie on a Star Wars forum?

1) Movie has been out a long time already. I think spoiler grace period is over already.
    2) He's not exactly crucial to the movie....or is that a spoiler too??
  • Options
    One last thing **** straight I want proof that a team attacked 14 times before some could get one attack in because I want to know what kind of team can survive 14 consecutive attacks without healing because he said he still had 3 members alive and this is from a supposed op team I don't know a team that can survive 14 consecutive attacks from a regular team not to mention and op one
  • stupidfatfool
    715 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Can developers please chime in on Poe so we can stop speculating about how OP Poe is, and instead start ranting about the changes (or lack of changes) to Poe?

Thanks!

Fixed thumbnail. That smug ****.
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Laughing... I love people who claim that something isn't a problem because there's a simple counter for it, and then make a suggestion that proves that they have never actually tried what they are saying is a simple counter.
    Take Asajj for example. Have the people suggesting that Asajj can counter Poe actually tried to do this? I have. I've been a major Asajj fan for ages, and this is one of the things she's supposed to be good at -- except she's completely useless here. 80% of the time she is dead before she can even move, and dead characters are generally bad at countering live ones. And 80% of the other 20% of the time, he resists the dispel because apparently a 2-turn taunt, expose, turn meter reduction and first round speed weren't enough, Poe also has to have the highest tenacity in the game.
    Even if she somehow lives long enough to dispel, and she miraculously gets the dispel off, guess what? It STILL doesn't matter, because by that time the team is 3/4 dead. Poe himself can finish off Asajj because he moves twice as fast and has double the HP.
    But the forums will continue to be filled with people doing the "hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil" routine... "these are not the overpowered characters you're looking for, move along now"...
    It's gotten silly.

Ben is better dead ;)
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    In a fight where I had Dooku, Sideous and Daka, which range from (supposedly) the fastest to fast to pretty fast, I had a fight today where the enemy took 14 attacks/actions before I got to do anything. When I got my first action, my tank was dead, half the rest of my team was half-dead, and his entire team had advantage and critical up.
    The only way to beat Poe is to have Poe yourself and get lucky. That's a busted character.
    Or maybe if you spend $3000 to have the best of everything available you can beat him. Same deal.

• Options
    Lol like I said let's see so actual factual proof give me a video of how poe is op and I will jump on the nerf poe bandwagon

Because of his turn meter manipulation, he allows his team to go ahead of the other team, even if the characters are slower. Because of the current state of damage in the game, this often decides the match.

Sometimes your guys or your Poe will get to go before their Poe. Sometimes they won't.

I think what people are feeling is that too much of the outcome is decided by RNG. Here is a an example of what I mean. I put Dooku and some other fast characters in as an example of what people have been calling for as a "solution" to Poe. All of these characters that I used have a chance of going before Poe, except for Qui Gon Jin, who people claim is the ultimate counter to Poe because he "can" dispel Poe's taunt.

I won't say any more--the video says enough.

Guide to Beating Galactic War from Team Instinct
    TeamInstinct.net -- Community Site and Home to Team Instinct
  • sephiroth198900
    221 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Lol all I seen is you fighting someone way out of your league because you went before poe and poe went after sidious and he didn't even hit you with the exposure I think all the complaints are solved oh sorry it didn't hit 2 people but I still stand by my statement
  • Tak
    352 posts Member
    Options
    Lol all I seen is you fighting someone way out of your league because you went before poe and poe went after sidious and he didn't even hit you with the exposure I think all the complaints are solved oh sorry it didn't hit 2 people but I still stand by my statement

Are you intentionally that dense??? Like seriously that is the exact problem in the video and you are calling that working as intended???

Something needs to change
  • Options
    Something to think about that person's whole team is high crit damage. The team you where using how do they complement each other in any way your team has no synergy
  • Tak
    352 posts Member
    Options
    Something to think about that person's whole team is high crit damage. The team you where using how do they complement each other in any way your team has no synergy

The opposite team doesn't have much synergy either. It's just a bunch of speedy dps hiding behind Poe. The meta is flawed
  • Options
    People need to understand just because you have a couple good charactewin and you throw them together does not insure you a win you have to build at team that works together
  • Options

It's tough to see how synergy would allow a comeback from a 5v3.

Thanks for your post.
    Guide to Beating Galactic War from Team Instinct
    TeamInstinct.net -- Community Site and Home to Team Instinct
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    . . ; . , . , . . . , . , , - . , . , - . . , . , , , . . - . . . , . ; . . , ; ; . . . . - ; . . . , . . .
    Sorry, was just trying to balance out sephiroth's posts.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    BentWookie wrote: »
    No, I really hope this is just a weak attempt to troll.

Can we just get a "Please Nerf" area of the Forum?

This is getting ludicrous.

@CG_JohnSalera
    The quotation above is the BEST idea of the week...

Tired of those "op" threads, even more with a ftp toon!!!

Can something be done about it... This forum looks like a buch of little girls crying (no disrespect to little girls though!)

• Options
    Lol the fact remains there are going to be people on both sides as I said before there are just as many people who agree with me and not once have I insulted anyone but if you believe I'm dense then so be it but obviously someone on the developers sides finds the things I say to be interesting because they specifically moved other threads I was on to this one and other players agree as well all the proof is their you just have to see it. A mind is a terrible thing to waste
  • Options

i think i this was the first post where i was able to find a "." =( the lack of puncuation is UP and needs a buff.
  • Options
    Lol thank you for correcting my grammar but I don't really care this is a form I'm not being graded or tested
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    Tak wrote: »

The opposite team doesn't have much synergy either. It's just a bunch of speedy dps hiding behind Poe. The meta is flawed

It may not be synergy but it is an effective theme. Fast attackers who all call for assist. As soon as Poe puts the vulnerability or whatever is called on a target you can almost guaranteed two quick hits. The only one who doesn't call an assist can make it where they can't be heal if they survive.
  • Options
    Lol thank you for correcting my grammar but I don't really care this is a form I'm not being graded or tested
    Forum*
  • Wispsi
    255 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    There are a lot of relatively high dps characters not just 2.

If his Poe had gone first, the result would have been the opposite, like literally, and he even tried to stun the Poe (which is the most commonly suggest strategy to counter him) which failed...did not even get to tenacity.
  • Options
    But sidious is the key to the synergy his leader ability at that level has to be somewhere around 15% crit chance and 30% crit damage with a droid who are high crit also gs though I don't know his crit stats but he has ?% to call assist which is a plus and he does good damage and qgj is strong by him self with added chance for crit from sidious and also a tank that can expose for even more damage this is synergy people
  • Tak
    352 posts Member
    Options
    But sidious is the key to the synergy his leader ability at that level has to be somewhere around 15% crit chance and 30% crit damage with a droid who are high crit also gs though I don't know his crit stats but he has ?% to call assist which is a plus and he does good damage and qgj is strong by him self with added chance for crit from sidious and also a tank that can expose for even more damage this is synergy people

Regardless of synergy it's still whichever Poe taunts first wins. Turn meter reduction cripples you before you can get a turn you are down 2-3 characters.

Also Sidious at 70 can only get 14% critical chance and 20% crit damage I believe
  • Options
    But the point is those to teams fighting was the equivalent of a boxer trying to fight and mma fighter because his team had nothing going on no synergy. I'll say this again you can't expect to throw some good characters together and it insures a win
  • Options

Geo and qui gon don't have a %chance to call in assist. The skill always calls an ally. this is almost all of the characters abilities you have mentioned that you have shown you do not even fully know what they are capable of. Go read the upgraded abilities of a few of these characters before making random comments that make no sense :) add in a fotp or leia or even a phasma for those awesome "I just got hit 5 times by a single qui gon special" rng rolls and that's dead people, everywhere, even the tankiest of them.
  • Options
    Lmao you see it doesn't matter if I got their abilities mesmerized and put it down correctly or not the point I was making is that all the characters skills and stats worked together for high crits and damage and his team had nothing going on and this can't be disputed you see the boxer knows how throw punches but the mma fighter can kick and grapple as well he is better tuned to do damage because he uses his whole body together not just his fists
  • Options
    Let's just stop feeding the troll.