Poe Dameron is too powerful in Squad Arena. Nerf in the coming update?

Replies

• Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Laughing... I love people who claim that something isn't a problem because there's a simple counter for it, and then make a suggestion that proves that they have never actually tried what they are saying is a simple counter.
    Take Asajj for example. Have the people suggesting that Asajj can counter Poe actually tried to do this? I have. I've been a major Asajj fan for ages, and this is one of the things she's supposed to be good at -- except she's completely useless here. 80% of the time she is dead before she can even move, and dead characters are generally bad at countering live ones. And 80% of the other 20% of the time, he resists the dispel because apparently a 2-turn taunt, expose, turn meter reduction and first round speed weren't enough, Poe also has to have the highest tenacity in the game.
    Even if she somehow lives long enough to dispel, and she miraculously gets the dispel off, guess what? It STILL doesn't matter, because by that time the team is 3/4 dead. Poe himself can finish off Asajj because he moves twice as fast and has double the HP.
    But the forums will continue to be filled with people doing the "hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil" routine... "these are not the overpowered characters you're looking for, move along now"...
    It's gotten silly.

Basically what I was planning to write. Gj :D

Asajj is def one lf my more favourite f2p characters and she is about to be my 2nd 7 star in a day or two right behind lumi (I don't use her very much outside of dark side and the occasional GW but I like her all the same and I don't like Sid coz he is an ****). That being said against a Poe/poggle high dps team she is completely useless. Either dead so fast she makes no diff or by the time she gets to dispel your entire team has already had to attack their way through Poe (and if he somehow managed to survive he is far more likely than not going to resist the dispel anyway lol)
  • Options
    Lol facts and numbers are right there in my last post every stat for every character maxed is on the official website and none of these characters are op everyone is complaining because they are hard to beat as a team but that is how the game works all you people crying please just get your skill up lol for everyone who says they are op there is someone else who says they beat these teams it may be a harsh reality to accept but apparently people are just not good at this game
  • Options
    Let's consider an encounter like this:
    poe+boba fett+talia+luke+old daka
    For a regular top 5 arena player I can guarantee I would win the fight without losing a team member. But he has a Poe, isn't that supposed to be OP?
    No, the real problem lies not on Poe himself, but the absurd amount of damage of dps can pull out in one turn, for particular, they are of course FOTP and Leia and the like. It is OP dps making it unplayable because they can take out 2-3 before you can make a move to their cannons which is the core of the problem.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    all you people crying please just get your skill up lol

Okay, again.. yesterday in GW, I have my A team in, all level 62, 6* and 7* except Dooku (5*), power about 22,000. Match starts, AI Poe taunts, then all his guys go, and again, and again, with extra attacks from Phasma. Leia buffs the whole team and takes Lumi down to 1/3 health, FOTP one-rounds my tank. A total of 14 moves/attacks while I sit and watch.
    I start my first turn with my team 3/4 dead, a taunt on Poe, and all of their guys at max health with advantage and crit up.
    Please tell me how to "get my skill up" to deal with this. I'll take notes.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Lmao I really don't care about this anymore if these teams are really getting 14 moves before you can do anything which I have never seen then please make a video of this and prove me wrong I would gladly accept it if you can actually prove this with a video
  • Options
    Otherwise I stick with my statement GET YOUR SKILL UP lmao
  • Tak
    352 posts Member
    Options

Wrong on so many levels. There is issues with Poe big time and the best way to fix it I think is remove turn meter reduction
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Lmao I really don't care about this anymore if these teams are really getting 14 moves before you can do anything which I have never seen then please make a video of this and prove me wrong I would gladly accept it if you can actually prove this with a video

I don't have to prove myself to anyone here, much less someone who spouts nonsense in run-on sentences and clearly has no idea what he is talking about. If you want to not believe me, your choice, and I really couldn't care less. Anyone who has faced one of these Poe/Leia/Phasma/FOTP teams without also running one themselves will see what I did sooner or later, and probably sooner because everyone is adding Poe to their teams now.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Lol like I said let's see so actual factual proof give me a video of how poe is op and I will jump on the nerf poe bandwagon
  • Cythis
    273 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    While I'm not disagreeing with Poe and meter control. Speed and high DPS is the real issue.

Even if you NERF Poe you still have:

Sid, Dooku, Leia, Rey which means if you don't play the same speed set, you will be at a huge disadvatage.

Speed should have lower dps more crowd control not both speed and high burst DPS. Leia / Rey combo first turn = someone dead

• Options
    Lmao exactly my point because you can't prove it and for some who has faced poe and several different variants of this team and beaten them and also have just as many people agree with me as you yes I have no clue what I'm talking about lmao
  • Options
    Tak wrote: »

Wrong on so many levels. There is issues with Poe big time and the best way to fix it I think is remove turn meter reduction
    Cythis wrote: »
    While I'm not disagreeing with Poe and meter control. Speed and high DPS is the real issue.

Even if you NERF Poe you still have:

Sid, Dooku, Leia, Rey which means if you don't play the same speed set, you will be at a huge disadvatage.

Speed should have lower dps more crowd control not both speed and high burst DPS. Leia / Rey combo first turn = someone dead

Exactly, even with the removal of the turn meter reduction, many players would still struggle to take down FOTP/Leia and they would one shot everyone until proper actions are done.
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Tak wrote: »

I'd agree. As a big proponent of Poe the moment he was released I think should remove the turn meter reduction from his taunt. Instead place it on his single attack or give him a bit of a boost in HP.

FWIW FOTP is still the most broken character in the game and it's not even close. Health of a tank, the strongest base attack in the game, and a nice special for people to use when they get bored with demolishing everyone with his base attack. That they nerfed The resistance trooper right when they added him just adds to the hilarity.

But there are a lot of other broken characters too. They're just the most used of the bunch.

• Options
    Lol really quick I just beat at team with 3 of the supposed op/broken characters phasma leader/Leia/sidious/Luke/and old Daka

My team is sidious leader/Jc/Chewbacca/phasma/and talia

Why did I beat them if they are so broken?
  • Options
    Lol really quick I just beat at team with 3 of the supposed op/broken characters phasma leader/Leia/sidious/Luke/and old Daka

Be careful haters is coming to you fast...lol...
  • Options
    Lmao yes I know
  • Options

Prove it. Or it didnt happen.
  • Options

Maybe becuase this thread is about poe. And people are talking about the end game here, level 60-70. Not your level 40 chewbacca team.
  • Options
    Lol really so in prospective these characters are not on the same level they only become op at 7* and I'm actually level 52 thank you very much also it already happened but I will gladly have some proof for you
  • Options
    And also this thread started as poe but they added my thread and others on nerfing characters in general
  • Options
    Sadly because I have a cheap older phone lol I can't capture/record any of my battles I gladly would give you the proof if I could but the fact is you people are complaining about how the game is supposed to be played some found a team that is hard to beat they work well and your arguments get more and more desperate claiming 14 moves before you get one and that characters are perfectly normal until 7* which I have never seen before in any game if a character is broken/op IT WOULD be so on any level,any *,and any gear and with that being said I really am going to leave it alone and enjoy the game while I can and just hope is dose not get ruined.
  • stupidfatfool
    715 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    1) I just started farming him, and to nerf him now would not be Poetic justice.
    2) My dog's name is Poe.
    3) He is F2P farmable!
    4) He is beatable.
    5) He survives in the movie without dying.
  • Options
    1) 5) He survives in the movie without dying.

Is there another way of surviving?

• Otar
    252 posts Member
    Options
    Reyne wrote: »
    1) 5) He survives in the movie without dying.

Is there another way of surviving?

Jebus!!! Survived and DIED!!!
  • Otar
    252 posts Member
    Options
    Now on a more serious note about Poe, yeah don't nerf him, let's all just own one!!! Maybe change the name of PvP to Poe Flip Contest? PFC!!!
  • Options
    No more nerfs here...

I just want bugs fixed only...
  • Options
    5) He survives in the movie without dying.

Are SPOILER ALERTS required about a Star Wars movie on a Star Wars forum?
  • Options
    I am working on gearing him up now so I also don't want him to be nerfed. That I am indeed going to focus on getting him to elite gear probably means he will be nerfed so be warned. :)

I'd still really like to face a team with a high level/geared Poe so I can see what all the talk is about.
  • Options

I'm sorry did you just demand proof then completely refuse to give any yourself? Even if this is a super strange comment to make in a conversation about Poe.

I not even going to comment on your clearly f2p beginners comp that the game gives you at level 1 (+Sid)team choices nor the specialness of arguing there is no imbalance or possible when using only level 50 anecdotal experiences as evidence to support that when everybody is talking about level 70.
  • Options
    Wait wait lmao I gotta reply to you I am sorry but it's not a matter of will or will not I can't provide any proof as I have no capability to do so and I'm willing to bet most people are complaining about poe are f2p and not at level 60+ most are around my level and I'm not far behind lol also it doesn't matter what level you are the game works the same all the way through the only difference is you get better characters meaning no matter how much you level up or what gear you have the thing that really changes the game and experience are the characters used