#saveourwhales
    #saveourocean

Lmao
  • Options
    MrGrips wrote: »
    PainSaber wrote: »
    ogFail wrote: »

When mods focus on specific individuals doing the same things other posters are also doing, the mods also become the issue

Exactly....I mentioned the "R" word and my post was edited and I was warned, yet since my post I see multiple other posts mentioning the same word that remain unedited and no action taken against them...I guess the ToS only apply to some of us...

If you see someone breaking the forum rules please use the flag feature to report them, and appropriate actions will be taken.

Keep in mind that discussion of moderation is against the forum rules. Other mods have already said this, but we want to keep this thread open, so please try not to violate any more forum guidelines.

Warmonkey, who moderates the mods when the mods start to misbehave? This is a serious question. Not being sarcastic

Man, you guys are gonna kill the thread. This issue is bigger than moderation.

+1
  • Slots
    72 posts Member
    Options
    JJWZP5 wrote: »
    Nate_Puppy wrote: »

What I believe, is that they have no way of accurately finding those who did this AND then removing the gear/credits/shards that were gained as a result. I don't care if the gear/credits/coins have been used or not, they can not be allowed to stay in the game. If that's the case, I'm not sure what they can do to fix this in my eyes.

They can determine which accounts used the exploit because they will have a larger number of raids completed than what is possible.

Each time an extra reward was claimed, it added another completed raid to the players account

But so will the guild hoppers. Their raid count is just as high.
  • Options
    Yeah, let's stop discussion of moderation. :|
    I am sorry if we missed violations, feel free to report them. We are really doing our best.

We should not have to WORK to keep a thread open, but we are, we understand the need for people to discuss things, this is a pretty hot topic.

Please try to stay within the forum guidelines.
  • Hangfire
    497 posts Member
    Options

When mods focus on specific individuals doing the same things other posters are also doing, the mods also become the issue

Exactly....I mentioned the "R" word and my post was edited and I was warned, yet since my post I see multiple other posts mentioning the same word that remain unedited and no action taken against them...I guess the ToS only apply to some of us...

If you see someone breaking the forum rules please use the flag feature to report them, and appropriate actions will be taken.

Keep in mind that discussion of moderation is against the forum rules. Other mods have already said this, but we want to keep this thread open, so please try not to violate any more forum guidelines.

Warmonkey, who moderates the mods when the mods start to misbehave? This is a serious question. Not being sarcastic

I ask the same question
  • Options
    Parad1sel wrote: »
    Asic wrote: »
    Banning is inappropriate and absolutely won't happen so stop causing unnecessary noise. Why would they ban paying customers. this wasn't individuals hacking or intentionally exploiting Vader- they hit a button in their inbox.

Maybe if they intentionally started a raid and finished it in the period it was glitched, but most probably just had been finishing regularly scheduled raids.

If all undeserved rewards were rolled back the issue would be resolved.

No. Those who did so excessively, more than 2 times, should be banned. They won't but they should be.

Most normal people would do it twice. Collect close window, huh new msg? Check, wth I just collected that, collect again assuming the first failed somehow, but after that anyone with common sense would have known there is a bug.

I think banning should only happen when they can't rollback the affected accounts. Yes they exploited the bug, but CG made it really easy for them to do so.

So if the crime is really easy to commit, it's ok? Let's say you go into a small town bank staffed by 2 people. 1 is having a seizure so the other is trying to help them, vault is open. If you decide to walk out with cash, they shouldn't arrest you but instead just take the money back?

Let's say you see two five year olds, somebody dropped some candy on the floor. The five year olds eat it, would you shoot them both in the face?

Moral of this story, please stop with the silly metaphors.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Slots wrote: »
    JJWZP5 wrote: »
    Nate_Puppy wrote: »

What I believe, is that they have no way of accurately finding those who did this AND then removing the gear/credits/shards that were gained as a result. I don't care if the gear/credits/coins have been used or not, they can not be allowed to stay in the game. If that's the case, I'm not sure what they can do to fix this in my eyes.

They can determine which accounts used the exploit because they will have a larger number of raids completed than what is possible.

Each time an extra reward was claimed, it added another completed raid to the players account

But so will the guild hoppers. Their raid count is just as high.

Guilds were released on 4/24. No one was able to start a raid until 2 days later, 4/26. That was 62 days ago. As such, using guild hopping, it would not be possible to do more than 62 raids.

If they were using alt farms, it would be possible. But you are assuming the devs only have the data that we have. I am sure they can tell the difference between a valid raid win and the bogus raid win.

#savethewhales #savethegame
  • Options

Man, you guys are gonna kill the thread. This issue is bigger than moderation.

Imagine the mass rage quit in goh if this thread was closed for such a small reason.
    I think we'd just start a new one lol.
    #saveourwhales
    #saveourocean

Too true. However, I think there would be a mass brexit as well lmao
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    Options
    Banning is inappropriate and absolutely won't happen so stop causing unnecessary noise. Why would they ban paying customers. this wasn't individuals hacking or intentionally exploiting Vader- they hit a button in their inbox.

Maybe if they intentionally started a raid and finished it in the period it was glitched, but most probably just had been finishing regularly scheduled raids.

No. Those who did so excessively, more than 2 times, should be banned. They won't but they should be.

Most normal people would do it twice. Collect close window, huh new msg? Check, wth I just collected that, collect again assuming the first failed somehow, but after that anyone with common sense would have known there is a bug.

I think banning should only happen when they can't rollback the affected accounts. Yes they exploited the bug, but CG made it really easy for them to do so.

So if the crime is really easy to commit, it's ok? Let's say you go into a small town bank staffed by 2 people. 1 is having a seizure so the other is trying to help them, vault is open. If you decide to walk out with cash, they shouldn't arrest you but instead just take the money back?

Let's say you see two five year olds, somebody dropped some candy on the floor. The five year olds eat it, would you shoot them both in the face?

Ok heres not a silly metaphor, just a statement. I cant see a convincing argument for how someone can loot the raid 10+ times and not realize they were exploiting the game. Maybe you can. That person is violating game TOS and should be banned.
  • darkside
    287 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    ea jesse we need answers
  • Super123
    233 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, let's stop discussion of moderation. :|
    I am sorry if we missed violations, feel free to report them. We are really doing our best.

We should not have to WORK to keep a thread open, but we are, we understand the need for people to discuss things, this is a pretty hot topic.

Please try to stay within the forum guidelines.

Good luck on taking care the angry mob, mod
  • Slots
    72 posts Member
    Options

Ok heres not a silly metaphor, just a statement. I cant see a convincing argument for how someone can loot the raid 10+ times and not realize they were exploiting the game. Maybe you can. That person is violating game TOS and should be banned.

Recovering in game mail by not doing anything is not an exploit. Glitch in the system yes, but in order to exploit you have to put in effort to make the game do weird things. As far as I know, in game mail was just showing up randomly.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Recovering in game mail by not doing anything is not an exploit. Glitch in the system yes, but in order to exploit you have to put in effort to make the game do weird things. As far as I know, in game mail was just showing up randomly.

But it was exploitative to keep clicking the button when you knew it was a glitch.

To exploit (as taken from Google, the second and third verb definitions):
    use (a situation or person) in an unfair or selfish way.
    benefit unfairly from the work of (someone), typically by overworking or underpaying them.
  • shampoo
    442 posts Member
    Options

Isn't taking advantage of a glitch against the TOS agreement though? People say some people have claimed the reward up to like 100x. That's seems to be putting in the effort to take advantage of a glitch lol
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Really? People WERE accidentally triggering the glitch. Thats true. But to actually get it to work many times if im not mistaken you did have to put work in. You had to revisit the raids page or something like thag to re-recieve the mail. I get people who accidentally looted it some times. But 200+ meant that that person had to consciously decide to trigger it again and again.

• Options
    CronozNL wrote: »

I find this equally insulting. Not from you personally, I know you just googled it for the laugh but saying that R word is a synonym for childish, irrational, dull, senseless, fruitless and ill considered is quite insulting for some of the mentally handicapped.. if you think about it

I totally agree, but I believe that is the point of the image. The R word really isn't the word people are looking for. And yes, it is totally insulting to anyone that has a mental handicap.
    Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • Options
    Hangfire wrote: »
    Harmonica wrote: »
    Falcon6669 wrote: »
    And the mods are at it... removing posts and all sorts of other things. But let's not fix anything that's going on with the game lol

Posters are breaking the ToS. Mods are doing their unpaid jobs.

Mods also have nothing to do with the actually development of the game.

So technically you mentioned them, so your post violates tos. They have deleted posts for doing nothing more.

Maybe I did, but if I was to get moderated I wouldn't cry about it nor claim that I am trying to be kept quiet.
    Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • EricsonX
    703 posts Member
    Options
    Tell you what-just give me a 7 star Han Solo and we'll call it even.
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    Options
    medetec wrote: »
    I'm not going to get my jimmies rustled before an official response is put out. It is mildly amusing though.

post-64231-this-is-fine-dog-fire-comic-Im-N7mp.png

Thanks @medetec . I have been stressing and obsessed over this issue since this morning. Good advice and best laugh I've had reading forums today.
  • papnwors
    749 posts Member
    Options
    How long have players been begging for them to do beta testing? How many more bugs will they release because they refuse to invest in testing?
    It's a shame! They make tons of cash and won't spend it on the quality of their product.
    Hell tons of people would beta test for free.

This is inexcusable, it's sloppy and it shows a glaring problem in the management of this game.

The lack of action shows they have no teeth, they are running around chasing their tails, bring out the ban hammer, institute a beta program and keep this game alive.

Right now I'm sure there must be hundreds if not thousands of refund requests, surely if they don't act quickly Apple/Google will remove this game from the stores and it will be dead and buried?

Why are they playing the fool? Do they think their customers are fools?
  • Elyndria
    482 posts Member
    Options

You could claim the same mail an infinite amount of times in 90 mins, obviously this wasn't intended and everyone who exploited this window of time knew it wasn't intended. You can argue "it's in the game so it's not an exploit" but that's exactly what an exploit is, an unintended way to cheat the system, no matter how simple.
  • Options

I find this equally insulting. Not from you personally, I know you just googled it for the laugh but saying that R word is a synonym for childish, irrational, dull, senseless, fruitless and ill considered is quite insulting for some of the mentally handicapped.. if you think about it

I totally agree, but I believe that is the point of the image. The R word really isn't the word people are looking for. And yes, it is totally insulting to anyone that has a mental handicap.

That is not the "R" word you are looking for.
    Move along
  • Options

You know before I saw that picture I thought the R word you meant was refund. Am I alone in this lol? #saveourwhales
    #saveourocean
  • shampoo
    442 posts Member
    Options
    papnwors wrote: »
    How long have players been begging for them to do beta testing? How many more bugs will they release because they refuse to invest in testing?
    It's a shame! They make tons of cash and won't spend it on the quality of their product.
    **** tons of people would beta test for free.

This is inexcusable, it's sloppy and it shows a glaring problem in the management of this game.

The lack of action shows they have no teeth, they are running around chasing their tails, bring out the ban hammer, institute a beta program and keep this game alive.

Right now I'm sure there must be hundreds if not thousands of refund requests, surely if they don't act quickly Apple/Google will remove this game from the stores and it will be dead and buried?

Didn't you know? We're all beta testers lol

• StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    shampoo wrote: »

Having a sub-optimal QA department is not the same as not having one. Our own QA folks occasionally miss bugs. It does not mean they didn't test the things that caused issues.

#savethewhales #savethegame
  • Options

Don't call me a beta testie!!!!
  • Aniema
    602 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

• papnwors
    749 posts Member
    Options

Lol true and we pay for the privilege, unfortunately the exact opposite direction of cash flow that it should be and why we have a "fix" for exploiting that made exploiting 100 times worse.

Not a good idea to use paying customers as beta testers it seems.

• MaRi
    2 posts Member
    Options
    First thanks at the mods for keeping this thread open. As a Whale by myself i think this issue should be adressed asap. Cheating in a Game where you spend Money on should not be tolerated. It does not only hurt the paying players but also everyone who spends a lot of time and effort to farm gear and other resources. If thats not getting fixed there is no reason to play this game. When exploiters can do what they want this game will lose his playerbase one by one. I really like this game and i think everyone who wrote comments to this post does but noone wants to be cheated so please CG do the right thing and fix this.
  • Options
    Doga wrote: »
    medetec wrote: »
    I'm not going to get my jimmies rustled before an official response is put out. It is mildly amusing though.

post-64231-this-is-fine-dog-fire-comic-Im-N7mp.png

Thanks @medetec . I have been stressing and obsessed over this issue since this morning. Good advice and best laugh I've had reading forums today.

Good one @medetec

You would think something by now would have been said to control those flames.
This discussion has been closed.