Game of Thrones Spoiler Discussion

Replies

• Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Who bailed Jamie out at the end? Bronn or Edmure?

Edmure? You mean dickon?

Also, it was bronn. After he dodges drogon's fire, theres a shot of him looking at the horse he rides to save jaime.

Also, the guy who saved Jamie didn't have armor on, and Dickon was decked out in plate metal.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    It was definitely Bronn.
  • Options
    I just hope Bronn didn't get fried. There is a good chance that jet of flames nailed him good on the way down. If Bronn died saving Jamie, I'm giving up on the Lannisters once and for all.
  • UrbanSpacemanKAL
    2450 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I don't think Bronn dies there. If only so they can write a scene where he demands an even better castle and a bag of gold to replace the one he lost in the fight.
  • Options
    I don't think Bronn dies there. If only so they can write a scene where he demands an even better castle and a bag of gold to replace the one he lost in the fight.

Yes! I'd also love for him to rescue Tyene.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    "The idea that Jaime might have to kill Cercei for the same reason he killed the Mad King is very compelling. "

Anyone remember Cersei having her fortune told when she was a girl? I think she was told her children would die (already happened) and that her brother would kill her. At the time she assumed Tyrion, but I think Jaime has already considered he might have to put her down Old Yeller style (if you don't get that reference, take my advice: Never watch Old Yeller).

• Options
    I agree Jamie will be the one to kill cercie.
  • Options
    "The idea that Jaime might have to kill Cercei for the same reason he killed the Mad King is very compelling. "

Anyone remember Cersei having her fortune told when she was a girl? I think she was told her children would die (already happened) and that her brother would kill her. At the time she assumed Tyrion, but I think Jaime has already considered he might have to put her down Old Yeller style (if you don't get that reference, take my advice: Never watch Old Yeller).

I cried a lot when I first read the book, I probably wouldn't handle a movie. Poor puppo.
  • Options
    Ok, I think Gilly just told us while reading from that book that Raegar had an annulment from his wife & secret marriage to another woman in Dorne.

If I heard that right, doesn't that make Jon Snow the completely legitimate son of Raegar & Ned Starks sister?
  • Options
    Ok, I think Gilly just told us while reading from that book that Raegar had an annulment from his wife & secret marriage to another woman in Dorne.

If I heard that right, doesn't that make Jon Snow the completely legitimate son of Raegar & Ned Starks sister?

It would if dumb Sam hadn't cut her off with his whining!
  • Options
    Gendry finally stopped rowing!
  • Options
    Ahhhhhh huge setup episode.
  • Options

I heard something about that too, but could not make it out because there were other people in the room TALKING TOO LOUD while I was trying to watch. Argh.
  • Options
    Watched it again. It was so out of the blue I think we were meant to miss it. She's enjoying her new ability to read & quoting facts.

She's reading from a book written by the High Septon who said the annulment & marriage happened at the same time.

• DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Apparently varys isnt the only character who can teleport. Davos went from dragonstone to kings landing, back to dragonstone then up to the wall all in a single episode.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Also, gendry is very clearly a clone of christian bale
  • Options
    I'm wondering what the scroll Arya read is all about.
  • Options
    I'm wondering what the scroll Arya read is all about.

No idea but it was signed by Sansa and said something about wounds.
  • UrbanSpacemanKAL
    2450 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Well, according to the internets:
    The note is the message Sansa sent from King’s Landing at the request of Cersei Lannister, telling Robb Stark to bend the knee to King Joffrey.

Sansa sent the message in return for Cersei’s promise of mercy for Ned Stark after he was captured during his attempt to take the Iron Throne back from the Lannisters after the death of King Robert. In order to stay alive, Sansa had to denounce her father as a traitor.

Pretty sure Littlefinger is trying to manipulate Arya. She will probably stab him good.
  • Options
    The note is the message Sansa sent from King’s Landing at the request of Cersei Lannister, telling Robb Stark to bend the knee to King Joffrey.

Sansa sent the message in return for Cersei’s promise of mercy for Ned Stark after he was captured during his attempt to take the Iron Throne back from the Lannisters after the death of King Robert. In order to stay alive, Sansa had to denounce her father as a traitor.

Pretty sure Littlefinger is trying to manipulate Arya. She will probably stab him good.

Sounds right to me.
    the-letter-sansa-wrote-in-season-1.png?auto=format%2Ccompress&w=700

My guess:
    [... King Robert] is dead, killed from wounds he took in a boar hunt. [Father] ... Joffrey and tried to steal his throne. The Lannister's ... to King's Landing and swear fealty to King Joffrey and ... Your faithful sister, Sansa
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options

Bless you. I was scratching my head over that. I had stared at the paused screen for way too long
  • Options
    Here's an interesting theory. We know dragons let Targaryens touch them without harming said Targaryens. It's a safe bet Jon will ride a dragon eventually.

So there's 3 dragons to ride, but only 2 known Targaryens to ride them. Maybe there is someone who has Targaryen blood & doesn't know it.

Aside from Jon & Dany, there's only one person I know of that the dragons allowed to touch them:
    26FxHq5tZj6gtWKGs.gif

Roll that around in your brain.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Here's an interesting theory. We know dragons let Targaryens touch them without harming said Targaryens. It's a safe bet Jon will ride a dragon eventually.

So there's 3 dragons to ride, but only 2 known Targaryens to ride them. Maybe there is someone who has Targaryen blood & doesn't know it.

Aside from Jon & Dany, there's only one person I know of that the dragons allowed to touch them:
    26FxHq5tZj6gtWKGs.gif

Roll that around in your brain.

Thats been a theory for a while, but im not familiar with any of the evidence (other than pure speculation). Also, that would contradict his predominantly non-violent nature.
  • Options
    Not being eaten could be considered evidence, but I take your point. I'm the books the Mad King had a thing for his mom, which in GOT world usually means offspring.

Also, I don't think Targaryens are inherently violent. Maester Aemon wasn't. Jon's not. Dany's.....well, Jon's not.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Not being eaten could be considered evidence, but I take your point. I'm the books the Mad King had a thing for his mom, which in GOT world usually means offspring.

Also, I don't think Targaryens are inherently violent. Maester Aemon wasn't. Jon's not. Dany's.....well, Jon's not.

By non violent nature, im referring to his clear discomfort with widespread death and destruction, particularly that delt by dragons. While Danaerys is definitely more inclined to violence than jon, jon won't shy away from violence if he deems it necessary (battle of ****, executing people who betrayed him, battle of the wall, etc) and isn't squeemish about it. While tyrion has certainly gotten his hands dirty (blackwater bay, killing mountain men, killing shae and his father), those experiences have had a major effect on him and made him abhor violence. Basically, i can imagine jon commanding a fire-spewing dragon where i cant with tyrion
  • Options
    Maybe not. I agree it's hard to picture him doing that against people on the battlefield. But maybe against the army of the dead.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe not. I agree it's hard to picture him doing that against people on the battlefield. But maybe against the army of the dead.

Good point. He might decide thats worth hopping up on a dragon for
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Now i have a dragon.

Ho Ho Ho
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options
    Dragon white walker flyer
  • Options
    One character I'm curious about is Gendry. Sure he's a blacksmith, but they made a point of reminding us he's Robert's son (and I think the only non Targaryan heir to the Iron Throne).

I wonder if Jon or Dany really would sit on the Iron Throne when all is said and done. Jon only ever wanted to be a soldier, not a king.

Dany is different...she's grown bigger than any throne I think. Certainly bigger than the Iron Throne.